PDA

View Full Version : Wagner aims to create winning culture(link)

catamount man
August 2nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
http://www.citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=200880802005

6 AM Sunday August 3rd, 2008. First practice!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

citdog
August 2nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
"The Drive For FIVE!"

catamount man
August 2nd, 2008, 11:44 AM
"The Drive For FIVE!"

Beat Wagner while you can rebel boy, that's all I'm saying. xthumbsupx

The Cats
August 2nd, 2008, 11:51 AM
Beat Wagner while you can rebel boy, that's all I'm saying. xthumbsupx

I don't think we've conceeded to rebel boys team this year !!!!!!

catamount man
August 2nd, 2008, 12:15 PM
I don't think we've conceeded to rebel boys team this year !!!!!!

well duh!!!!!!!!!! xrolleyesx

The Cats
August 3rd, 2008, 09:53 AM
“It goes back to what I said at the beginning. We’re to create a new culture here,” Wagner said. “You take the field like it’s yours. When you cross the out-of-bounds line and step on the field, you’re going full speed. Even if it’s a walk-through or mental-attitude type of drill, you want to make sure you’re mentally full speed.

“Just to go to the weight room, I’d rather they walk around the outside of the field — I’ve told them that. Because if you go on the field, you should run.”

Change has been in the Cullowhee air throughout most of the summer. A new logo is on the way, and new turf is expected to be laid before the Catamounts host their season opener against Shorter College on Aug. 28.

Plus, Wagner is adopting a new variation of the spread offense. Unlike last year, the Catamounts will huddle up between plays — except when two-minute drills are necessary. WCU, coming off a 1-10 season, hasn’t won a game in the Southern Conference since the 2005 season.

appstate38
August 3rd, 2008, 11:35 AM
I would like to think that we Mountaineers did our part to usher in the Wagner Era.... Looks like you guys are moving in the right direction. Here's to you guys going 10-1.

catamount man
August 3rd, 2008, 11:49 AM
I would like to think that we Mountaineers did our part to usher in the Wagner Era.... Looks like you guys are moving in the right direction. Here's to you guys going 10-1.

Nah, we'll beat Shorter. ;) ;) ;) xthumbsupx We play 12 this year BTW.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Monarch History
August 3rd, 2008, 03:15 PM
Like I've been saying, I like what Wagner has been doing to change the team/fans's attitude. I hope it carries over in some wins on the field. I'll be pulling for you guys and hopefully we will meet on the field in a few years.xthumbsupx

catamount man
August 3rd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Like I've been saying, I like what Wagner has been doing to change the team/fans's attitude. I hope it carries over in some wins on the field. I'll be pulling for you guys and hopefully we will meet on the field in a few years.xthumbsupx

Thanks. All the best to ODU in 2009.