PDA

View Full Version : Gateway predictions 10/22

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2005, 01:23 PM
Ill. St. beats UNI-Panthers really miss Sanders
WIU beats WKU-#1 jinx strikes again along with Necks passing game
SIU beats Ind. St.-The Dawgs send Coach Kill a get well card
MSU over YSU-Penguins feeling a bit too cocky

Most would consider 3 of my 4 picks upsets, but I am not sure that word has much meaning this year. I would probably do better just flipping coins.
:D

Pete's Weekly
October 20th, 2005, 01:41 PM
Boy you sure did go with the upsets ... you should just take ISU & make it 4 of 4 in the upset category skinny. Good picks though, you do your homework. Those other three could very easily happen.

wkuhillhound
October 20th, 2005, 01:47 PM
Then we would have a distinction of being jinxed twice in the same season.

wlj989s
October 20th, 2005, 01:50 PM
UNI
WKU
SIU
MSU

GoGuins
October 20th, 2005, 01:59 PM
ILL St
WKU
SIU
YSU

Any Bears making the trip to Ytown? If so, bring your coats and rain gear

Saturday 10/22
Rain

High
53°F
Low
37°F

Precip: 70%

Mainly cloudy and rainy. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the upper 30s.

Paladin1aa
October 20th, 2005, 02:04 PM
I'll go with--

ILS
WKU
SIU
YSU

Best bring more than rain gear. It will be windy and chilly.

Perfect Penguin weather. :p

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2005, 02:21 PM
Then we would have a distinction of being jinxed twice in the same season.
The Salukis already have that distinction this year.
:eek:

Grande Rosso
October 20th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Mainly cloudy and rainy. Highs in the low 50s and lows in the upper 30s.

take a blanket, good snuggling weather. Just beware of Illegal use of hands!

skinny_uncle
October 20th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Boy you sure did go with the upsets ... you should just take ISU & make it 4 of 4 in the upset category skinny. Good picks though, you do your homework. Those other three could very easily happen.
Couldn't make it 4 of 4. SIU has both a better offense and a better defense that the Sycamores. Somehow that doesn't leave the Trees with much hope.

The MSU game was just a gut pick. I expect a low scoring game decided by who makes the least mistakes. My brain says the Penguins should win due to homefield advantage, but on Any Given Saturday..........

nmatsen
October 20th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Are you serious Clark?
I don't understand were all of a sudden Ill State after a couple of wins deserves all of this respect? Has everyone forgotten the pecking order around here? Ill State is a doormat team! They are 1-2 in the conference and have had 1 freaking good season in the last 10 years. This is Northern Iowa's Conference (I am sorry but when a league has been around 20 years and one team has over 1/2 the conference championships you don't count them out), I don't care who is playing quarterback! Where do you guys get off talking an Ill State victory, most of you aren't even calling it an upset! Have you forgotten that we have the fastest recievers in 1-AA? What about our two running backs that other programs (1-A, 1-AA) would pay money for (litterally)? Our offensive line has proven to be one of the best in the league year in year out, is that any different now?

Look, if Ill State wins this game Saturday you can rub it in my face all year BUT IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! If you want to take the spot on the top of the hill you must first knock off the person already there. COME AND GET IT BIRDS!

MY PICKS
UNI
WKU
SIU
MSU

ISUMatt
October 20th, 2005, 05:22 PM
Look, if Ill State wins this game Saturday you can rub it in my face all year BUT IT IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN! If you want to take the spot on the top of the hill you must first knock off the person already there. COME AND GET IT BIRDS!

LOL be careful for what u wish...

ILS
WKU
SIU
YSU

Psychored
October 20th, 2005, 06:19 PM
If you want to take the spot on the top of the hill you must first knock off the person already there.

You ARE, no doubt, speaking of the HILLTOPPERS !! :D

SIU
WKU
UNI
YSU

ISUMatt
October 20th, 2005, 06:40 PM
If you want to take the spot on the top of the hill you must first knock off the person already there.

Actually that would be 2 time defending champ SIU and we already derailed them in Carbondale!!!

FlyYtown
October 20th, 2005, 06:55 PM
ISU
WKU
SIU
YSU

Tailgating begins at 11AM.
Hall Of Fame at 1?
Parade at 2
Homecoming Game at 4!

I think the crowd and the Ice Castle effect at 44* at gametime according to my hour by hour forecaster I bought falling to near 40* I see the Penguins get a big win.

DRESS IN MANY LAYERS.

GO GUINS

YSUGUIN
October 20th, 2005, 08:32 PM
[QUOTE=FlyYtown]ISU
WKU
SIU
YSU

Tailgating begins at 11AM.
Hall Of Fame at 1?
Parade at 2
Homecoming Game at 4!

It was on the local news today that the game time has been changed to 6pm to accomodate the Missouri team.

YSU4
October 20th, 2005, 08:51 PM
WHY DID THEY CHANGE THE TIME?

crunifan
October 20th, 2005, 08:58 PM
What I would LIKE to see:

UNI over ILS
SIU over INS
MSU over YSU
WKU over WIU

What I think would happen:

ILS over UNI
SIU over INS
YSU over MSU
WKU over WIU

poharry
October 20th, 2005, 09:12 PM
UNI - IL ST too inconsistent and even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in awhile.

YSU

SIU

WKU - hope it is a good game, will be there with my son.

Chi Panther
October 20th, 2005, 11:36 PM
UNI, MSU, WKU, SIU

ysubigred
October 21st, 2005, 07:55 AM
IL St.
WKU
INDY St. Tree's sick of losing and maybe SIU's weekness has been exposed :confused:
YSU

igo4uni
October 21st, 2005, 08:20 AM
Actually that would be 2 time defending champ SIU and we already derailed them in Carbondale!!!

I would say you did more than derail them. Illinois State beat them quite soundly, in my humble opinion.

peace

igo4uni

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2005, 09:21 AM
Are you serious Clark?
I don't understand were all of a sudden Ill State after a couple of wins deserves all of this respect? Has everyone forgotten the pecking order around here? Ill State is a doormat team! They are 1-2 in the conference and have had 1 freaking good season in the last 10 years. This is Northern Iowa's Conference (I am sorry but when a league has been around 20 years and one team has over 1/2 the conference championships you don't count them out), I don't care who is playing quarterback! Where do you guys get off talking an Ill State victory, most of you aren't even calling it an upset! Have you forgotten that we have the fastest recievers in 1-AA? What about our two running backs that other programs (1-A, 1-AA) would pay money for (litterally)? Our offensive line has proven to be one of the best in the league year in year out, is that any different now?

MY PICKS
UNI
WKU
SIU
MSU

The Redbirds are not acting much like a doormat this year. Their 2 conference losses were to WKU and Youngstown at the Ice Castle by 3 points each. Their only other loss was to I-A Iowa State by 11. They beat OVC leader Eastern Illinois by 3 touchdowns. Pretty tough doormat.

wkukid
October 21st, 2005, 10:41 AM
UNI
WKU
SIU
MSU

OSUPenguin
October 21st, 2005, 11:40 AM
UNI
WKU
SIU
YSU

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2005, 02:15 PM
UNI
WKU
SIU
YSU
You went with all the favorites. Haven't been paying attention much this year have you?

igo4uni
October 21st, 2005, 04:03 PM
You went with all the favorites. Haven't been paying attention much this year have you?

Hey, leave him alone...........He picked UNI to win :D :p :p :D :D :) ;) :D :p

peace

igo4uni

ISUMatt
October 21st, 2005, 04:12 PM

ILS is favored by 12!!!

skinny_uncle
October 21st, 2005, 04:13 PM
ILS is favored by 12!!!
Really???
I did not know that.
Where did you get that information, Matt?

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2005, 03:12 PM
Ill. St. beats UNI-Panthers really miss Sanders
WIU beats WKU-#1 jinx strikes again along with Necks passing game
SIU beats Ind. St.-The Dawgs send Coach Kill a get well card
MSU over YSU-Penguins feeling a bit too cocky

Most would consider 3 of my 4 picks upsets, but I am not sure that word has much meaning this year. I would probably do better just flipping coins.
At the moment, Ill. St. leads UNI 21-3 in the third.
SIU leads Ind. St. 21-7 in the second.
:)

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Salukis lead 28-14 at the half in a defense optional affair.
Ill. St. leads UNI 24-3 in the third.

galojay
October 22nd, 2005, 03:44 PM
My picks this week that I posted on another forum were:

Ill. State
WKU
SIU
MSU

So far so good. YSU vs MSU could be an interesting game.

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2005, 05:02 PM
Salukis up 35-20 with about 4 minutes to go.

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2005, 05:17 PM
42-20 Salukis
final score

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2005, 05:33 PM
My picks this week that I posted on another forum were:

Ill. State
WKU
SIU
MSU

So far so good. YSU vs MSU could be an interesting game.
Your picks are looking better than mine at this point. I really wanted the Toppers to win so our game would mean more next week, but had my doubts their pass D could contain LaFalce. I'm more surprised by the margin than I am that WKU is winning.

ISUMatt
October 22nd, 2005, 06:44 PM
Are you serious Clark?

MY PICKS
UNI
WKU
SIU
MSU

I guess we came and got ours

ILLINOIS STATE 38
Northern Iowa 3

skinny_uncle
October 22nd, 2005, 08:07 PM
Congrats, Matt.
3 more wins and you should make the playoffs. With 2 home games left, you should be in good shape.

FlyYtown
October 22nd, 2005, 08:54 PM
YSU 31
MSU 7

ISUMatt
October 22nd, 2005, 10:58 PM
LOL be careful for what u wish...

ILS
WKU
SIU
YSU

4-0 today and 1 missing Panther fan who has a bunch of crow to eat

siugrad99
October 23rd, 2005, 07:33 AM
Damn the Gateway gets tougher every week. Realistically SIU needs to win out for a chance at the playoffs. Road games @ UNI (with their QB back I assume & @ # 1 WKU are going to be TOUGH). Damn proud Saluki fan, but being honest I see 7-4 at best and an outside looking in view from the playoffs. :o(

On a bright note good to see coach Kill back at the game yesterday. While he was not himself i'm sure he will be back and ready to go by Thursday.

BTW - For those still doubting ISU ( I don't have haven't for quite sometime) they are proving they are for real. Congrats ISUMatt. Your the lone loyal ISU fan (besides Ralph) on the board and i'm happy to see your loyalty is being rewarded.

ISUMatt
October 23rd, 2005, 07:38 AM
Damn the Gateway gets tougher every week. Realistically SIU needs to win out for a chance at the playoffs. Road games @ UNI (with their QB back I assume & @ # 1 WKU are going to be TOUGH). Damn proud Saluki fan, but being honest I see 7-4 at best and an outside looking in view from the playoffs. :o(

On a bright note good to see coach Kill back at the game yesterday. While he was not himself i'm sure he will be back and ready to go by Thursday.

BTW - For those still doubting ISU ( I don't have haven't for quite sometime) they are proving they are for real. Congrats ISUMatt. Your the lone loyal ISU fan (besides Ralph) on the board and i'm happy to see your loyalty is being rewarded.

Thanks SIUGRAD, I appreciate the kind words...WKU will be tough for SIU, UNI has alot to figure out on defense, but Im sure when Sanders returns, the whole team will get an extra boost!!

ISUMatt
October 23rd, 2005, 07:48 AM
Ill State is a doormat team!

The question does nmatsen show his face again or just post under a different name because of the humiliation he brought upon himself!!! UNI guys, you know I love ya, but this guy in particular is gonna get his!!!

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/3681/isuuni4wj.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

http://img467.imageshack.us/img467/4723/isuuni25mf.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

TheGateway
October 23rd, 2005, 10:48 AM
:bang:
42-20 Salukis
final score

We have to learn to capitalize on oppurtunities. Our game vs. SIU was very winnable. We gave up some key 3rd down conversions that would have changed the game around. We also have to score in the red zone, we where there a few times but did not get any points. It was still 20-28 in the 3rd, I hope next year we can finish out whole games.

Paladin1aa
October 23rd, 2005, 11:20 AM
I also finished 4-0 with my picks.

Big surprises ahead, however !! :D