PDA

View Full Version : NDSU TV Schedule

Hansel
July 31st, 2008, 03:40 PM
http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1545979

FARGO, N.D.--Five North Dakota State University football games will be televised this fall, including two road games, four statewide broadcasts, and national coverage of the Northern Iowa game on Fox College Sports. NDSU broadcasting director Jeremy Jorgenson made the announcement today.

TheBisonator
July 31st, 2008, 04:30 PM
9/20 At Youngstown State 5pm KXJB-TV4
10/4 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS 1pm ND NBC
10/11 WESTERN ILLINOIS 3pm ND NBC
10/18 At Northern Iowa 4:05 pm ND NBC/Fox College Sports/FSN Midwest
11/22 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 6pm ND NBC

THAT'S AWESOME news regarding the UNI game on ND NBC. Also YSU is gonna be on KX4!!

Question: Will Missouri State and Illinois State be available on webcast??

RabidRabbit
July 31st, 2008, 04:37 PM
9/20 At Youngstown State 5pm KXJB-TV4
10/4 SOUTHERN ILLINOIS 1pm ND NBC
10/11 WESTERN ILLINOIS 3pm ND NBC
10/18 At Northern Iowa 4:05 pm ND NBC/Fox College Sports/FSN Midwest
11/22 SOUTH DAKOTA STATE 6pm ND NBC

THAT'S AWESOME news regarding the UNI game on ND NBC. Also YSU is gonna be on KX4!!

xeekx xeekx Dakota Marker Game on NBC - SWEET xbowx xbowx xbowx

Now if the Rabbits can run from the Dome with the Stone - Priceless! xsmiley_wix xwhistlex xwhistlex

BTW, nice TV schedule Bison!

MplsBison
July 31st, 2008, 07:20 PM
I have to think if we're rolling that they'll add Indiana State like they added Illinois State last year.

catamount man
July 31st, 2008, 07:30 PM
I am pretty sure FSN Midwest is on DirecTV. If so, I will definitely record the UNI game. SWEET!!!!!!!!!

NDSUFREAK
July 31st, 2008, 07:45 PM
Isn't there also a tape delay of NDSU/UNI on FSN North?

Hoyadestroya85
July 31st, 2008, 07:58 PM
People have TVs in North Dakota?

NDSUFREAK
July 31st, 2008, 08:00 PM

your attempt at being funny failed.

BearsCountry
July 31st, 2008, 08:48 PM

I know they are starting Bears Live up this year so more than likely yes. I know the game will be televised in Springfield, all home games are.

TbonZach
July 31st, 2008, 09:34 PM

It's a luxury here. Only the rich have TVs.

WestRiverBison
August 1st, 2008, 10:33 AM
xeekx xeekx Dakota Marker Game on NBC - SWEET xbowx xbowx xbowx

Now if the Rabbits can run from the Dome with the Stone - Priceless! xsmiley_wix xwhistlex xwhistlex

BTW, nice TV schedule Bison!

It was NONSENSE for your camp to not have it on last year. xsmhx

appfan2008
August 1st, 2008, 10:40 AM
i have a non football question for ND people...

i saw ND NBC as a channel... is ND considered one media market? and if so where are the offices for news channels located? fargo? Bismark? other?

Hammersmith
August 1st, 2008, 11:09 AM

i saw ND NBC as a channel... is ND considered one media market? and if so where are the offices for news channels located? fargo? Bismark? other?

Hoak Media owns all 5 of North Dakota's NBC affiliates(Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, Dickinson & Williston). Fargo shares most of its newscasts with fellow Hoak-owned KX4(CBS). Dickinson is mainly a repeater for Bismarck, and Williston is the same for Minot though the latter two also use some Bismarck newscasts(mornings, noons, & weekends). Overall, it's a real mish-mash of stuff with Bismarck(KFYR) and Fargo(KVLY) being the biggies. ND NBC is really only for major ND sporting events.

MplsBison
August 1st, 2008, 12:48 PM
It should also be noted that it is illegal for the same legal entity to own two TV stations in the same market.

Therefore, Hoak set up Parker Broadcasting LLC to own KXJB and then set up a LMA to let Hoak operate the station.

Grizaholic17
August 1st, 2008, 01:09 PM
your attempt at being funny failed.

I laughed. ;)

danefan
August 1st, 2008, 01:21 PM
I laughed. ;)

Me too. I count that as a success.

appfan2008
August 1st, 2008, 01:26 PM
Hoak Media owns all 5 of North Dakota's NBC affiliates(Fargo, Bismarck, Minot, Dickinson & Williston). Fargo shares most of its newscasts with fellow Hoak-owned KX4(CBS). Dickinson is mainly a repeater for Bismarck, and Williston is the same for Minot though the latter two also use some Bismarck newscasts(mornings, noons, & weekends). Overall, it's a real mish-mash of stuff with Bismarck(KFYR) and Fargo(KVLY) being the biggies. ND NBC is really only for major ND sporting events.

thanks... interesting... strange... and well i guess you really gotta know the ins and outs to get it...

BisonBacker
August 1st, 2008, 01:27 PM
It's just nice that we can go to the game and record it to watch later. 5 games is nice hopefully they will pull out a 6th one this season. xnodx

NDB
August 1st, 2008, 02:58 PM

there are two designated media markets: Fargo-Grand Forks, and Bismarck.

there is a lot of market dissection which is really advantageous for those that do it. ie there are two ABC stations in the Fargo-Grand Forks market. the Fargo station focuses on southern valley news, the Grand Forks on northern valley news. it works because people in Fargo want real news and people up north want to pretend as if Fargo doesn't exist. (i'm from the north and it is really difficult watching tv up there. if jesus had his second coming in fargo, you would never hear it reported). the NBC/CBS affiliates suffer from covering the whole market (which contains a whopping 300,000 people)

TheBisonator
August 1st, 2008, 04:09 PM
it works because people in Fargo want real news and people up north want to pretend as if Fargo doesn't exist. (i'm from the north and it is really difficult watching tv up there. if jesus had his second coming in fargo, you would never hear it reported).

So very true.xnodx xnodx xnodx

BisonBacker
August 1st, 2008, 04:13 PM
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

stevdock
August 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM
I am eccstatic about the two road games being on TV. That was normally reserved for the UND game and playoff games. Some of us just can't afford to go to those road games, especially since our conference is more spread out than in our D2 days. I know that it is cheapier and much easier to get the home games on TV, but for most of us who never miss a home game I personally wish they would save their money to get another road game on TV. But TV is TV and we need to take every game that we can get televised. I would expect later in the season to get at least a couple road games televised though.