PDA

View Full Version : Presbyterian football news

Hoseinexile07
July 31st, 2008, 09:25 AM
Yesterday the AD's of all the Big South schools voted to incorporate Presbyterian College football this year instead of next. Our players are now eligible for postseason conference awards in 2008. In addition, we scheduled a home-and-home with Stony Brook starting starting next season instead of having to wait until 2011. Even though we can't advance to the playoffs if we win it, PC is eligible to win the conference championship in football starting in 2009.

Here's the link:

http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18100&ATCLID=1525477

OL FU
July 31st, 2008, 09:40 AM
Yesterday the AD's of all the Big South schools voted to incorporate Presbyterian College football this year instead of next. Our players are now eligible for postseason conference awards in 2008. In addition, we scheduled a home-and-home with Stony Brook starting starting next season instead of having to wait until 2011. Even though we can't advance to the playoffs if we win it, PC is eligible to win the conference championship in football starting in 2009.

Here's the link:

http://www.gobluehose.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=18100&ATCLID=1525477

xthumbsupx

Nice to be able to play for the conference championship.

Do you (or anyone else) know if your games this year against other FCS teams count as D-I games for playoff purposes. If not, when?

appfan2008
July 31st, 2008, 10:17 AM
good luck to you... hope you do well except that trip to boone!

TexasTerror
July 31st, 2008, 10:19 AM
Do you (or anyone else) know if your games this year against other FCS teams count as D-I games for playoff purposes. If not, when?

Next year. This is their transition year and count as Div II for RPI, playoffs, etc...

OL FU
July 31st, 2008, 10:29 AM
Next year. This is their transition year and count as Div II for RPI, playoffs, etc...

Thanksxthumbsupx

Hoseinexile07
July 31st, 2008, 10:40 AM
xthumbsupx

Nice to be able to play for the conference championship.

I don't think they do.

Libertine
July 31st, 2008, 11:34 AM

Wrong. They didn't count in '07 but do count in '08.

Libertine
July 31st, 2008, 11:35 AM

Yes, they do count this year. They did not count in '07.

andy7171
July 31st, 2008, 11:45 AM
I can't help but think The Blue Hose is in reference to Grover's monsterhood.

http://www.greatdreams.com/myth/grover.jpg

TexasTerror
July 31st, 2008, 11:51 AM
Yes, they do count this year. They did not count in '07.

After a closer look -- I believe you are right, considering they played half their games against Div I competition last year and the schedule they have this year...

appfan2008
July 31st, 2008, 11:54 AM
anyone have an idea of how good they will be this year?

OL FU
July 31st, 2008, 11:58 AM
So the answer is yes, the games count as D-Ixconfusedx

Biff
July 31st, 2008, 12:12 PM
anyone have an idea of how good they will be this year?

I'm sure they believe they are predestined to win the conference this year. I think they are picked to finish last or second from last in the conference.

Hoseinexile07
July 31st, 2008, 12:25 PM
We're not picked to finish anywhere in the conference, officially. We don't even play Stony Brook this year. The answer to the "how good will Presbyterian be?" question is a decided, "There's no way to tell." There are a lot of positive and some troubling intangibles right now, the results of which will only be seen as the season progresses. We have lots of potential, but we might hit a few snags in our execution.

appfan2008
July 31st, 2008, 12:37 PM
We're not picked to finish anywhere in the conference, officially. We don't even play Stony Brook this year. The answer to the "how good will Presbyterian be?" question is a decided, "There's no way to tell." There are a lot of positive and some troubling intangibles right now, the results of which will only be seen as the season progresses. We have lots of potential, but we might hit a few snags in our execution.

so predictions for the game in boone...
70-0?
or
49-10?
or
31-21?

citdog
July 31st, 2008, 12:39 PM
I'm sure they believe they are predestined to win the conference this year. I think they are picked to finish last or second from last in the conference.

predestined!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

good old fashioned Calvinism!

rep pts

Hoseinexile07
July 31st, 2008, 12:41 PM
so predictions for the game in boone...
70-0?
or
49-10?
or
31-21?

50-21 in favor of Appalachian. Our offensive situation is strong, but football games aren't won by offense alone.

Furman's and LU's offenses were irresistible last season and both put up 40+ points on us. Bentley is unconditionally electing to keep our totally depraved defensive scheme, so I look for limited improvement there and a lot to atone for after the season. Opinion is mixed among Blue Hose faithful, but a lot of us believe this season will require much perseverance. xreadx :D

Sly Fox
July 31st, 2008, 02:04 PM
predestined!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

good old fashioned Calvinism!

rep pts

Citdog getting religious references? Usually you are dropping negatives on me in this are of discussion.

:D

For the record, the TULIP sure withered last season under the Arminian onslaught.

PC looks to be similar to a year ago. Good enough to jump up and surprise some folks (i.e. CCU) but probably not much in the way of a challenge for Appy for even a quarter.

Monarch History
July 31st, 2008, 03:13 PM
Hoseinexile07, I look forward to playing Presbyterian next October 10th in Norfolk. Until then good luck on a successful season.xnodx

Hoseinexile07
July 31st, 2008, 04:09 PM
Hoseinexile07, I look forward to playing Presbyterian next October 10th in Norfolk. Until then good luck on a successful season.xnodx

That's news to me. See y'all then, I guess. xthumbsupx

Seawolf97
July 31st, 2008, 08:38 PM
Good news and Good Luck in 2008! See you on Long Island next
October 3rdxthumbsupx

NoCoDanny
July 31st, 2008, 08:41 PM
I can't help but think The Blue Hose is in reference to Grover's monsterhood.

http://www.greatdreams.com/myth/grover.jpg

Hey, that's not PC. :o