July 30th, 2008, 05:22 AM
Got me too. Now I owe you!xnodx

bluehenbillk
July 30th, 2008, 06:44 AM
What a letdown. xsmiley_wix

Husky Alum
July 30th, 2008, 08:08 AM
What a letdown. xsmiley_wix

You mean like the let down that seems to happen when UD plays at Parsons? ;-)

I'd think Hen Fans would relish the fact that they don't have to play in Brookline anymore.

Hey, it's our really lame high school field and we like it. As I described Parsons to a neighbor of mine who relocated from New Orleans - "take the average high school field in Louisiana, and eliminate the parking - that's probably better than Parsons Field."

813Jag
July 30th, 2008, 08:15 AM

I'd think Hen Fans would relish the fact that they don't have to play in Brookline anymore.

Hey, it's our really lame high school field and we like it. As I described Parsons to a neighbor of mine who relocated from New Orleans - "take the average high school field in Louisiana, and eliminate the parking - that's probably better than Parsons Field."
Most fields in Louisiana aren't good at all, especially in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. xlolx I had a chance to see your stadium when I visited Boston this year.

Husky Alum
July 30th, 2008, 08:17 AM
Most fields in Louisiana aren't good at all, especially in New Orleans and Baton Rouge. xlolx I had a chance to see your stadium when I visited Boston this year.

That was my point!

Hey, don't taint the word "Stadium" by calling Parsons a Stadium. It's a field, and a crappy one at that! xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix

MplsBison
July 30th, 2008, 08:18 AM
So the NE Revs want to build a stadium that NU would use for football, correct?

When does construction start?

813Jag
July 30th, 2008, 08:19 AM
That was my point!

Hey, don't taint the word "Stadium" by calling Parsons a Stadium. It's a field, and a crappy one at that! xsmiley_wix xsmiley_wix
Won't happen again. xlolx Although I've been to worse.

appfan2008
July 30th, 2008, 08:34 AM
nice one...

danefan
July 30th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Good place to put the pics of the construction at UAlbany.......

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/mer/MAL306~Black-Square-Posters.jpg

813Jag
July 30th, 2008, 09:20 AM
Good place to put the pics of the construction at UAlbany.......

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/mer/MAL306~Black-Square-Posters.jpg
I'm glad we're finally out of that club. xlolx

Husky Alum
July 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM
So the NE Revs want to build a stadium that NU would use for football, correct?

When does construction start?

(A) That's just a rumor that's been in the media a couple times, but nothing recent. The latest is the Revs stadium may be in the suburbs since the Mayor won't play nice with the Kraft Family (old old baggage there)

(B) When He-ll freezes over. It's likely not to happen.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 30th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I think barring any actual news, we should make up our own news.

* Upgrade of Parsons field involves removing the turf and playing on real concrete (making MplsBison happy)

* The construction of SkyBoxes and seat licensing ($10,000/box) - will fund the men's basketball program

* The sale of strips of the old "turf" ($5/square foot, 5 mm thick)

* Former Delaware players making a fund to "buy" up these square bits of turf and dynamiting them at halftime of the N'eastern-UC-Davis Game (a "Death Before Disco"-like promotion)

xlolx

MplsBison
July 30th, 2008, 10:09 AM
When does the mayor's term end? Perhaps construction will start after Kraft gets him kicked out of office?

Husky Alum
July 30th, 2008, 11:43 AM
When does the mayor's term end? Perhaps construction will start after Kraft gets him kicked out of office?

Bison my boy, you obviously know very little about Boston Politics. We don't elect Mayors, we appoint them. Elections are just formalities in the City of Boston.

The Mayor of Boston (Thomas Menino) is Mayor for life - or until he decides he doesn't want to be Mayor any more. Although he's an Italian in a predominantly Irish city (23% of all Bostonians claim they're Irish), he keeps getting re-elected because his political machine makes it worth everyone's while . Menino (lovingly known as Mumbles because he doesn't speak English all that well) keeps people on the payroll, has the city in real good shape, and has overseen the development of many buildings and projcects which help the city's economy (and allows him to give his hacks and lackeys real nice jobs).

Bob Kraft is a Jewish man from Worcester - about 40 miles west of Boston. He owns the Patriots. Who play in Foxborough - about 40 miles south of Boston. In 1998/99 range Kraft wanted to build a new football stadium in South Boston (a neighborhood of predominantly Irish Working Class citizens - it was the area where Matt Damon and Ben Affleck lived in Good Will Hunting). Kraft didn't play by the Mayor's rules and went right to the people of South Boston to get his stadium built.

The residents of South Boston voted down any plans to allow Kraft to build his stadium, saying they'd rather have warehouses and factories because they provide better jobs than working at a stadium.

Mind you, the NCAA told the City of Boston they would host 2 Final Fours the first 7 years the stadium (Which would have been domed) was open, the NFL guaranteed Boston in the Super Bowl rotation, and the Democrats said they'd host the 2004 Convention in Boston (which they did anyway).

You're also talking about a city that then paid for a study to determine where the best place for a Stadium in the city to be - and economic and urban planners said the best place was in Lower Roxbury - adjacent to NU's campus, and where NU and Kraft would love for the Revs stadium to go. The City Council voted NOT to allow the stadium to be built there - because the area wasn't "fit for a stadium". Lower Roxbury is the heart of the African American population in Boston.

So, you've got a guy whose tried to build an 80,000 seat domed stadium and a 20,000 seat soccer stadium in the city - with his OWN money, and has been politely told "no".

That's Boston politics at its finest.

ButlerGSU
July 30th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Got me!

Got me too. I was excited for a minute there because that's one stadium that could REALLY use some updating.

AggieFinn
July 30th, 2008, 11:51 AM
So, you've got a guy whose tried to build an 80,000 seat domed stadium and a 20,000 seat soccer stadium in the city - with his OWN money, and has been politely told "no".

Sounds like it's about the people...jobs, money, making sure people have an opportunity to provide for themselves and their families...I big dig it. Can't wait to play the Huskies this fall, thinking about coming to Boston for the showdown at the "field"...of which Toomey Field essentially was in Davis as well, so maybe we've got a small edge in that dept...though looking at the pics, Toomey kind of dwarfs Parsons as well, wow.

http://mvn.com/ncaa-northeastern/files/2008/04/shotgun-formation.JPG

Husky Alum
July 30th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Sounds like it's about the people...jobs, money, making sure people have an opportunity to provide for themselves and their families...I big dig it. Can't wait to play the Huskies this fall, thinking about coming to Boston for the showdown at the "field"...of which Toomey Field essentially was in Davis as well, so maybe we've got a small edge in that dept...though looking at the pics, Toomey kind of dwarfs Parsons as well, wow.

http://mvn.com/ncaa-northeastern/files/2008/04/shotgun-formation.JPG

If you come out for the game, please let me know. As several posters on this board can attest, we may be small in numbers, but those of us who follow Husky Football keep our friends and guests well fed and fully quenched at the pre-game/halftime/post-game in the parking spots behind the end zone.

Our home opener should be fun as the Yankees play the Red Sox that night at Fenway!

MplsBison
July 30th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Sounds about time for the door to hit Menino's as* on the way out!

93henfan
July 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM

Survey says UD is 4-3 at Parsons. Northeastern 0-6 at the Tub.

Gotta give props to the '03 Northeastern squad for pinning the only loss on the 2003 I-AA Champions. Seems like KC is the culprit for the letdowns, as they've come during his tenure. Odd.

Dane96
July 30th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Who is the home opener?

Husky Alum
July 30th, 2008, 01:57 PM
Who is the home opener?

NU's home opener is Davis, kick off is noon - tailgate starts around 9 am.

Husky Alum
July 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Survey says UD is 4-3 at Parsons. Northeastern 0-6 at the Tub.

Gotta give props to the '03 Northeastern squad for pinning the only loss on the 2003 I-AA Champions. Seems like KC is the culprit for the letdowns, as they've come during his tenure. Odd.

UD 0-3 since 2000 at Parsons. UD's last win was in OT in 1999.

We have never won at The Tub or @ Zable. I'm hoping the latter will end this year, but I don't see it happening.