PDA

View Full Version : A&M-CC Football Plans Hit Bump in Road?

Sly Fox
July 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM
What affect will this news have on the school's plans for FCS football?

Teter no longer Islanders' AD

staff reports
Originally published 02:34 p.m., July 29, 2008
Updated 02:34 p.m., July 29, 2008

CORPUS CHRISTI — Texas A&M-University Corpus Christi spokesman Marshall Collins said that athletic director Brian Teter is no longer an employee of the university.

The university has called a 3:30 p.m. news conference in which university president Dr. Flavius Killebrew will address the media.

Teter’s tenure ends exactly two years after he was hired.

The NCAA released its notice of allegations against A&M-Corpus Christi last week, and Teter was mentioned throughout the report.

Twelve current and former athletic department employees were mentioned in the NCAA’s notice. Teter was accused of failing to notify the NCAA that two athletes were ineligible, despite knowledge of their status. In a November 2007 report to the NCAA, Teter admitted knowing since August 2006 that volleyball player Anna Machado, who played a sixth season, was ineligible, and the NCAA said he failed to self-report when informed by compliance director John Secord that men’s tennis player Raul Morant-Rivas had received improper financial aid and was ineligible.

Click Here for Full Story (http://www.caller.com/news/2008/jul/29/teter-no-longer-islanders-ad/)

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2008, 05:31 PM
I think A&M-CC football has hit a definite bump in the road. The program has got to get their footing and re-establish itself. The big number that they always threw out there was 10,000 students and they'd give it a serious look...

A&M-CC is hosting the SLC baseball tournament this year at the CC Hooks ballpark...

Sly Fox
July 29th, 2008, 08:38 PM
You'll want to make the roadie to the Sparkling City by the Sea for that one. Whataburger Field is awesome.

Husky Alum
July 29th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Having the NCAA accuse you of "lack of institutional control" isn't a good omen when you're trying to start a major program like football - and add the appropriate women's sports for Title IX Compliance.

chrisattsu
July 30th, 2008, 08:02 AM
You'll want to make the roadie to the Sparkling City by the Sea for that one. Whataburger Field is awesome.

"I jumped up on the sea wall sang Corpus Christi Bay!
There ain't enough dance halls in Texas to keep my heart and mind occupied
I'm trying it all the time Yeah I'm out there every night
My truck has seen some miles to find the words to write this song
To get me back on top where I belong. But I'm not over you yet.
I must be having fun all wrong"

houtexan
July 30th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Disappointing. Hopefully they can turn this around.