http://www.goasu.com/autoimage/pPb2HgC.jpg

Class: Sr.
Hometown: Durham, N.C.
High School: Southern
Height: 6-0
Weight: 210
Position: LB
Birthdate: April 23, 1986

The leader of Appalachian’s defense ... is one of only two players on the squad that saw playing time for Appalachian in 2004 — the last season that ASU did not win the national title (DB Billy Riddle is the other) ... anchor of a linebacking crew that ranks among the nation’s best ... needs just 47 tackles to move into ASU’s all-time top 10 in the category ... in addition to being an all-American and two-time all-conference performer on the field, is a standout in the classroom ... earned a bachelor’s degree in just three years and will complete coursework for a master’s degree in the 2008 fall semester.

2007: Earned first-team all-America recognition from The Sports Network and first-team all-SoCon accolades from the league’s media ... ranked fourth on team with 108 total tackles ... was one of only eight SoCon players to notch triple-digit tackles and ranked 15th in the league with 7.2 stops per game ... tied for league lead with three fumble recoveries and tied for second with two forced fumbles ... led all players with 12 tackles (nine solo) in season-opening victory at Michigan ... set the tone early in the ballgame with a bone-jarring sack of U-M quarterback Chad Henne that forced a Michigan punt on the game’s third series and made a key fumble recovery to stop a Wolverine drive in the third quarter ... blocked a field goal in home-opening win over Lenoir-Rhyne ... registered seven or more tackles in each of the season’s first four games ... had two tackles for loss and second sack of the year in loss to Georgia Southern ... returned his only interception of the season 19 yards to help key a 79-35 rout over archrival Western Carolina ... turned in an outstanding performance with 11 tackles, a forced fumble and a fumble recovery in first-round playoff win over James Madison ... made one of the biggest plays in Mountaineer history when he recovered a fumble forced by fellow linebacker Jacque Roman at the ASU 10 yard line with 22 seconds remaining to preserve a 28-27 victory ... forced a fumble in win over Richmond in national semifinals ... in addition to recognition for on-field performance, earned first-team academic all-district, academic all-conference and National Association of Directors of Athletics national academic all-star team accolades for his efforts in the classroom.

2006: Led team and ranked ninth in the Southern Conference with 110 tackles on the season ... a second-team all-SoCon selection by the league’s media ... led team in tackles five times in 15 games ... racked up a team-best nine tackles and recovered a fumble in season-opening setback at NC State ... a week later, earned national weekly all-star recognition after making a career-high 16 stops and forcing a pair of fumbles in a 21-10 win over No. 12 James Madison ... paced a stauch defensive effort in 14-7 victory over Wofford with 14 tackles ... registered team-best 10 stops and only sack of season in 40-7 rout over No. 8 Furman ... forced a fumble and led ASU with eight tackles in win at archrival Western Carolina ... notched just four tackles but collected a QB hurry and pass break-up versus Montana State in national quarterfinals ... made six tackles (five solo), including one behind the line of scrimmage, in national-title victory over No. 3 UMass ... collected academic all-conference plaudits and ASU athletics academic honor roll recognition for efforts in the classroom.

2005: Made 57 tackles in 15 games, good for 11th on the squad ... made three starts (at Wofford, at LSU, at Elon) ... racked up 11 stops apiece in first-career starts at Wofford and before 90,000-plus at LSU ... had seven tackles, including one for loss, at Elon ... turned in perhaps his finest performance in national semifinal win versus Furman ... made six stops in win, including three on goal-line stand that kept the Paladins out of the end zone in the third quarter ... Banks was in on stops on first-and-goal from the 5 yard line, second-and-goal from the 4 and fourth-and-goal from the 1 to keep the Mountaineers within two points ... excelled in the classroom as an academic all-Southern Conference selection and member of ASU’s academic honor roll.

2004: Had limited playing time in early home contests versus Eastern Kentucky and The Citadel ... did not record a tackle before season ended due to injury ... excelled in the classroom as a member of ASU’s academic honor roll.

High School: A first-team all-state selection at Southern Durham H.S. ... also raked in 5-County 3A Player of the Year, area Player of the Year, first-team all-conference and all-area and team defensive MVP accolades as a senior ... coached by Gordan Walters ... also lettered in track and field.

Personal: Full name is Pierre Montray Banks ... born April 23, 1986 (22 years old) ... son of John A. Banks ... is the 16th of 17 children in his family ... needed just three years to earn a bachelor’s degree in communication-electronic media/broadcasting ... is currently pursuing a Master’s degree, which he expects to complete studies for during the fall semester ...xeekx was named ASU’s 2007 male recipient of the SoCon’s prestigious Coleman Lew Leadership Award .

Grizaholic17
July 29th, 2008, 12:57 PM
xnodx xnodx xnodx ASU #31xbowx xbowx xbowx

Pierre Banks

http://www.goasu.com/autoimage/pPb2HgC.jpg

Class: Sr.
Hometown: Durham, N.C.
High School: Southern
Height: 6-0
Weight: 210
Birthdate: April 23, 1986

I went to a seafood restaurant at SouthPointe mall, and he was my waiter. Not even joking. Very nice kid! Happy to see he plays good football.

slostang
July 29th, 2008, 01:14 PM
Cal Poly #31

Xavier Gardner
Jr, CB
6'0" 180
Aliso Viejo, CA

2007 - Gardner was a force in the secondary. He made 42 tackles, 1 TFL, 9 pass Brkups, 1 FF and 1 FR.

2006 – Played in the Fort Lewis game but did not record any receptions.

2005 -- Redshirt.

High School -- Caught 45 passes for 775 yards and eight touchdowns as a senior wide receiver and cornerback in 2005 under head coach Joe Wood at Aliso Niguel High School ... also intercepted six passes, returning them 175 yards and scoring once ... credited with 30 tackles and four pass breakups on defense ... as a junior caught 20 passes for 180 yards along with two interceptions, returning one for a touchdown ... also had 22 tackles and seven breakups ... has played football for only two years but earned first-team all-league honors both years and also was All-CIF-Southern Section as a senior ... earned team most improved honors as a junior and the coach's award as a senior ... also played basketball, earning all-league honorable mention and team MVP honors as a sophomore, helping Wolverines of head coach Keith Barnett to 28-4 record and CIF-Southern Section Division I-A title as a guard ... earned all-Sea View League honors once in basketball ... member of Junior Honor Court.

Personal -- Son of Oscar and Rolande Gardner ... one brother, Oscar ... hobbies include dancing and hanging out with friends ... born February 20, 1987, in San Diego ... majoring in agricultural business.

CrazyCat
July 29th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Chase Gazzerro
Junior from CM Russell Great Falls MT
Number: 31
Height: 5-10 Weight: 215

Montana State (2008) projected starter at SAM Linebacker
(2007)
Injured in fourth game, applied for medical hardship and received medical redshirt
(2006) A talented player whose prospects entering the fall ranged from winning a starting linebacker spot in the middle to redshirting. Played in all 13 games.(2005) Made one of the memorable and significant plays of MSU’s season, tracking down a long kick return to prevent a touchdown against Montana... was a special teams standout and played in all 11 games... saw some action at linebacker during a spell of mid-season injuries, getting five tackles and recovering a fumble. CM Russell First Team All-State linebacker and kick returner at CMR, who played the second half of the Rustlers’ state title-clinching contest at tailback due to injuries... chosen for Shrine and Mon-Dak All-Star games... Great Falls Tribune Superstate choice as a senior who was honorable mention all-state as a junior... two-year starter, and two-time state power-lifting champion. Academics Enrolled in university studies. Personal Born Chase M. Gazzerro on May 5, 1986… the son of Anita and Tony Gazzerro.

TexasTerror
July 29th, 2008, 01:49 PM
31 Garrett, Stanley DB 5-10 189 Sr. Arlington

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics17/200/BF/BFJIVUURKYZYBID.20071009212742.jpg

Business major

Born Mar. 1, 1986.

Started all 11 games at cornerback in 2007 ... seventh on the team in tackles (51) ... intercepted pass at Oklahoma State and recovered fumbles at McNeese State and Texas State-San Marcos ... led team in punt returns ... averaged 18.2 yards on kickoff returns ... backup to All-Southland cornerback in 2006 ... intercepted passes in Nicholls State and Texas State-San Marcos games as a junior ... started final five contests as sophomore in 2005, picking off interceptions against Bacone and McNeese ... red-shirt in 2004 ... two-time All-District 6-5A wide receiver and defensive back for coach Ronnie Laurence at Martin High School ... team captain and MVP as senior with 32 catches for 412 yards, 85 tackles and 4 interceptions ... basketball and track and field letterman.

Best Game:

9 tackles vs. Northwestern State, 2007
. Statistics Tackles Fum C-R Int TFL
2005 (Fr) 33 0-0 2-29 4-15
2006 (So) 7 0-0 2-5 0
2007 (Jr) 51 0-2 1-0 1-2

appfan2008
July 29th, 2008, 02:03 PM
I went to a seafood restaurant at SouthPointe mall, and he was my waiter. Not even joking. Very nice kid! Happy to see he plays good football.

you must either be rich or you were living it up bc southpoint mall and that restaurant inparticular are very expensive

Tribe4SF
July 29th, 2008, 02:06 PM
W&M

#31....Jake O'Connor....RF....S....6' 189....Richmond, VA (Douglas S. Freeman)

Andy
July 29th, 2008, 02:08 PM
LAFAYETTE #31

SAMUEL LELAND
LB/DB 5-11 185
Economics & Business
Junior from New Castle, DE

PL Championship Rings: 1
Record in The Rivalry: 2-0

2007: Made 20 tackles in nine games to earn his first varsity letter...a valuable special teams player...made his first start against Bucknell where he made eight tackles, including 1.5 for a loss of 12 yards; also had a fumble recovery and broke up a pass to be named the George McGaughey MVP of the game.

AT TATNALL SCHOOL: Three-year letterman...first team all-conference as running back and defensive back...ran for 738 yards and 13 touchdowns...had five interceptions, returning two for touchdown, and made 65 tackles...selected to 2006 Blue and Gold All-Star Game...only player in the state to score a touchdown five different ways...earned three letters in basketball and two in track and field...second team all-conference on the hardwood as a junior...averaged 10 points, seven rebounds, five assists and five steals...led team to its first conference title in 22 years...most outstanding sprinter in 2003 and 2004...National Honor Roll inductee...Honor Roll student...received Helen Trainer Award for football, academics and leadership.

Minuteman2012
July 29th, 2008, 02:42 PM
UMass #31

Name: Armando Cuko
Position: PK
Class: RS Junior
Height/Weight: 5-11/180
Birthday: May 2, 1987
Hometown: Beverly, MA

"Heads into the fall as the starting kicker on kickoffs, field goals and extra points ... Has shown great improvement ... Comes off a strong spring football season ... Expected to be more consistent after not playing much the last two seasons ... Lost out to All-Conference kicker Chris Koepplin in battles for starting job in each of the last two years, but continued to work hard and will see key time in four year in the program ... Has worked hard to improve his accuracy and distance on kicks ... Excellent leg strength."

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/umas/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1338311.jpeg

AppStsGr8
July 29th, 2008, 04:16 PM

From everything I can see, Pierre is an example of what's right with football. When I've heard him speak, I've been very impressed. It seems he's mostly interested in getting the job done.

Grizaholic17
July 29th, 2008, 04:27 PM
you must either be rich or you were living it up bc southpoint mall and that restaurant inparticular are very expensive

No, it wasn't expensive at all. I'd say $14 a plate. And I'm on vacation, so who cares about money. xnodx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

ericsaid
July 29th, 2008, 04:28 PM
No, it wasn't expensive at all. I'd say $14 a plate. And I'm on vacation, so who cares about money. xnodx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Where is the resturant? Must be awesome having one of the best Linebackers at the FCS level serve your dinner.

Grizaholic17
July 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM
Where is the resturant? Must be awesome having one of the best Linebackers at the FCS level serve your dinner.

Southpointe Mall in Durham. Very nice place to say the least.

appstate38
July 29th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Southpointe Mall in Durham. Very nice place to say the least.

Hey Griz,

Welcome to North Carolina!!!! Hope you had a great vacation!!!! Come on back, say when the Griz make that long plane ride east for a big time playoff game.xthumbsupx

Unless I missed something and you actually live on the East coast now. In which case!xoopsx

bonarae
July 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM
Harvard #31:

# 31 Thomas Hull
Year: Junior
Position: Punter
Height: 6-2
Weight: 205
Hometown: San Clemente, Calif.
High School: Santa Margarita Catholic
House Affiliation: Pforzheimer

At Harvard:
2007: Appeared in all 10 games ... Stepped into a starting role at Cornell and responded with five punts for an average of 47.4 yards with three punts in excess of 50 yards and two pinned inside the 20 yard line to earn a spot on the Ivy League Honor Roll ... In all, averaged 37.8 yards per punt with nine 50-yarders and 16 inside the opponent’s 20 ... Major H recipient.

2006: Minor H recipient who did not see game action.

Before Harvard:
Two-year letterwinner in football as well as a letterwinner in track and field at Santa Margarita Catholic HS ... All-Sierra League punter as a senior ... Second team All-Orange County pick ... Team's special teams MVP ... Holds school record for career punting yards ... Helped team to two CIF playoff appearances ... National Football Foundation Scholar Athlete ... First football player in school's history to earn International Baccalaureate Full Diploma ... AP Scholar with Distinction ... National Honor Society member ... California Scholarship Federation member ... Boys State delegate ... Earned four AP awards.

Personal:
Sister, Michelle, was a defender on Harvard's women's soccer team and graduated in 2008 ... Father, Mike, played seven seasons in the NFL for the Chicago Bears and Washington Redskins, playing in Super Bowl VII ... Father was a two-time Rose Bowl participant at Southern California and a member of a national championship team with the Trojans ... Grandfather, Bruce, played for USC from 1933-35 ... Orange County Rescue Mission volunteer ... Hobbies include beach volleyball, table tennis, pool and video games ... Plans to study pre-medicine, pre-law or government.

Grizaholic17
July 29th, 2008, 06:56 PM
Hey Griz,

Welcome to North Carolina!!!! Hope you had a great vacation!!!! Come on back, say when the Griz make that long plane ride east for a big time playoff game.xthumbsupx

Unless I missed something and you actually live on the East coast now. In which case!xoopsx

nope, I'm just here for a month while my sister gets treatment at Duke. Awesome campus there. And I'm planning on making a trip to Appy to see your stadium and of course yell GO GRIZ. :)

mvemjsunpx
July 29th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Montana #31:

http://www.myuploadedimages.com/images/5abd64v30ijohuwor2h.jpg

Tim Anderson - S
Junior (RS)
6'0", 200 lbs.
Missoula, MT
Loyola HS

'07 Stats:

(none)

appstate38
July 29th, 2008, 07:32 PM
nope, I'm just here for a month while my sister gets treatment at Duke. Awesome campus there. And I'm planning on making a trip to Appy to see your stadium and of course yell GO GRIZ. :)

Hope things go well for your sister @ Duke. Excellent facilities over there. When you get to Kidd Brewer make sure you go buy an ASU t-shirt to remember your trip to the High Country. Yes I said High Country, considering where you are from, but give us a break. It is the High Country when you consider the rest of the state.xthumbsupx

griz&beer
July 29th, 2008, 08:47 PM
What is the elevation in Boon? around 3000 ? I think it is higher then Missoula.???? I live wright next to the mission Mountains,(Polson) I just had a Grizzly bear running around my yard last week.

813Jag
July 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/sout/sports/m-footbl/auto_headshot/1398067.jpeg

#31 Dennis Holmes

Class: Junior
Hometown: Zachary, La.
High School: Baker
Height / Weight: 6-1 / 180
Position: Defensive Back

magman919
July 29th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Pierre is a beast on and off the field. One of the most slept on player for the Mountaineers. He is what college athletics is all about.
I'm so ready for the season to start I'm about to piss my pants.
Deloras M. Banks would be proud of her youngest boy. xthumbsupx

Just to clarify Pierre Banks Has never worked at Southpoint mall in Durham.