PDA

View Full Version : Montana to sell their turf

Grizaholic17
July 27th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Bids are now going further and further up on Ebay for the selling of the recently removed Grizzly SprintTurf. Funniest thing I've heard in a while. EBAY?

Ebay Link (http://search.ebay.com/Montana-Griz-turf_W0QQ_trksidZm37QQfromZR40)

CopperCat
July 27th, 2008, 07:11 PM
Who is pocketing the money from this shenanigan? I hope its the athletic dept.

Still pretty damn hokey.

Grizaholic17
July 27th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Who is pocketing the money from this shenanigan? I hope its the athletic dept.

Still pretty damn hokey.

It's actually a good cause this time. It's the GSA, Grizzly Scholarship Association. I'm putting my bid in...that's for sure.

Ronbo
July 27th, 2008, 07:17 PM
The GSA. They are going to make about $200K from this towards Griz scholarships. Pretty smart. xnodx 2'x3' pieces will go for $30 and 4'x6' pieces will go for $60. The numbers will probably bid up to $300-$600 and the Bear will probably fetch $1500-3000.

Grizaholic17
July 27th, 2008, 07:23 PM
The GSA. They are going to make about $200K from this towards Griz scholarships. Pretty smart. xnodx 2'x3' pieces will go for $30 and 4'x6' pieces will go for $60. The numbers will probably bid up to $300-$600 and the Bear will probably fetch $1500-3000.

Knowing griz fans, that darn bear will go for more than that I bet.

CopperCat
July 27th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Okay, at least its for a good cause. I can get into that.

UCAMonkey
July 27th, 2008, 09:39 PM
The U. of Tennessee sold their turf years back and made a ton of money.

JayJ79
July 27th, 2008, 10:10 PM
I knew this one chick who sold her "turf" once. Shaved it off, threw it in a ziplock, and mailed it to the highest bidder.

There are some strange folk out there. (no, I didn't bid. haha)

UCAMonkey
July 27th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I knew this one chick who sold her "turf" once. Shaved it off, threw it in a ziplock, and mailed it to the highest bidder.

Oregon State fan? xlolx

TbonZach
July 27th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Oregon State fan? xlolx

Nomination for the bad joke of the day.... xthumbsupx

grizband
July 28th, 2008, 01:08 AM
The Missoulian article mentioned that "Montana" spelled out in the North end zone was cut into three pieces, but can be reassembled if purchased by one bidder. I can't imagine how much that would fetch.

KiddBrewer
July 28th, 2008, 02:50 AM
The Missoulian article mentioned that "Montana" spelled out in the North end zone was cut into three pieces, but can be reassembled if purchased by one bidder. I can't imagine how much that would fetch.

i can see a piece of the turf, or even a number, as those would be a pretty sick addition to a "Montana Room" in somebody's house, but an entire endzone? what do you do with something like that....implant it into your backyard for pick up games?

.......actually, that doesnt sound like a bad idea.......xcoffeex

Ronbo
July 28th, 2008, 06:04 AM
i can see a piece of the turf, or even a number, as those would be a pretty sick addition to a "Montana Room" in somebody's house, but an entire endzone? what do you do with something like that....implant it into your backyard for pick up games?

Wouldn't be the entire endzone just the lettering. Maybe a business like a sports bar could use the entire "MONTANA" or "GRIZZLIES".

appfan2008
July 28th, 2008, 12:08 PM
that would be pretty sick...

great idea and cause...

i hope app does something like that one day

GreatAppSt
July 28th, 2008, 01:10 PM
i hope app does something like that one day

Someday? I've had the App 50 yard line turf in my workshop from the last install.:D

BeauFoster
July 28th, 2008, 01:16 PM
App sold six inch pieces of the field goals from the 2005 semifinal game with Furman after they were torn down. A sticker on the piece commemorates the occasion and our first NC. They were $25, I believe. Everyone in my family has a piece.

Ronbo
July 28th, 2008, 03:42 PM
App sold six inch pieces of the field goals from the 2005 semifinal game with Furman after they were torn down. A sticker on the piece commemorates the occasion and our first NC. They were $25, I believe. Everyone in my family has a piece.

Griz fans tore down a goal post at the 2001 NC and it was shipped to Missoula and the same thing was done.

Grizaholic17
July 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM

Houses in Montana have A LOT of yard room. I would love to that in mine!!! As would many. I've already made so many bids on these things. I'm gonna be broke. whoops.

NE MT GRIZZ
July 28th, 2008, 05:49 PM
The 50 Yd line chunk is now up to $610!!

AZGrizFan
July 28th, 2008, 06:36 PM
The 50 Yd line chunk is now up to $610!!

Why only these 5 pieces? When are the others going up for sale?

turfdoc
July 28th, 2008, 10:20 PM
I still have a piece of the three rivers 50 Yard line.

When the Stadium was being demolished a buddy of mine walked in and looked around. Asked some construction Guys if he could have a hunk of the turf and they said sure (cut it up for him and everything.

My piece started out as a 1'X2' but I have been sharing it and it is now 4"X6". I know lots of die hard steelers fans.

Ronbo
July 29th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Here's a pic of the field being prepped for the new turf.

http://web.montanagrizzlies.com/mtgriz/images/front_wide/football/turf.jpg

griz&beer
July 29th, 2008, 08:32 PM
That looks crazy, ghost town. I hope they can get it all done before the first game.

ursus arctos horribilis
July 29th, 2008, 08:36 PM
That looks crazy, ghost town. I hope they can get it all done before the first game.

That would be one hell of a big oopsy if they couldn't.

Franks Tanks
July 29th, 2008, 09:15 PM
Perhaps MPLSBison can buy some for his living room.

Grizo406
July 29th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I think we should all chip in a few bucks, buy a few swatches of the old Washington Grizzly Stadium turf, make in into a Baby Blanket, and give it to SCBH & family.

A "Welcome To The World" gift, so to speak...Gotta' start her off right, and I can't think of a better way!

ncbears
July 30th, 2008, 12:01 AM

And you're so obsessed with the griz, I bet you bought them all!

ncbears
July 30th, 2008, 12:02 AM

I hope you're kidding.xeyebrowx

Ronbo
July 30th, 2008, 06:32 AM
And you're so obsessed with the griz, I bet you bought them all!

Just one of a multitude. It must get awfully lonely being the only Northern Colorado fan.xlolx xsmiley_wix

DuckDuckGriz
July 30th, 2008, 07:47 AM
I hope you're kidding.xeyebrowx

Ditto. xeyebrowx

ASU88
July 30th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Isn't selling grass illegal?

Criminals!

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2008, 09:33 AM
Ditto. xeyebrowx

DDG, are you back from Africa?

Appaholic
July 30th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Gosh......that means the turf will leave the friendly confines of Wa/Griz before the team ever does....amazing.....xwhistlex

ursus arctos horribilis
July 30th, 2008, 09:52 AM
Gosh......that means the turf will leave the friendly confines of Wa/Griz before the team ever does....amazing.....xwhistlex

You should buy a hunk of it Appa and take it to a home game with you so the turf could get a look at an ASU win.

Appaholic
July 30th, 2008, 10:06 AM
You should buy a hunk of it Appa and take it to a home game with you so the turf could get a look at an ASU win.

Niiiiice......xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx

SoCon48
July 30th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Selling plastic grass? I know the drought has been bad, but surely they could just ship in some hay for the cows.

Tod
July 30th, 2008, 01:00 PM
I'm currently the high bidder on the 20 yard marker. The wife won't let me go above the max I have out right now. :( I guess that's ok, because I'll be at work when the bidding ends.

Two problems, though, that maybe ya'll can help me out with. First, I had to get a new e-mail account and ebay account because I hadn't used ebay in years. But it says I will be paying (if I win) with PayPal.

I don't remember anything from my PayPal account! What should I do? Can I just contact the seller and make arrangements? I'm out of town and won't be back until Friday, 8 Aug, and the auction ends tomorrow.

Second, there is only one bid on ebay for the 50, 40, etc., but for all but the 50 there will be FOUR numbers available (two for the 50). Does that mean that the top four (or two) win the bids?

montanafan
July 30th, 2008, 01:41 PM
I'm currently the high bidder on the 20 yard marker. The wife won't let me go above the max I have out right now. :( I guess that's ok, because I'll be at work when the bidding ends.

Two problems, though, that maybe ya'll can help me out with. First, I had to get a new e-mail account and ebay account because I hadn't used ebay in years. But it says I will be paying (if I win) with PayPal.

I don't remember anything from my PayPal account! What should I do? Can I just contact the seller and make arrangements? I'm out of town and won't be back until Friday, 8 Aug, and the auction ends tomorrow.

Second, there is only one bid on ebay for the 50, 40, etc., but for all but the 50 there will be FOUR numbers available (two for the 50). Does that mean that the top four (or two) win the bids?

Hey Tod,
You can call paypal if you want. Or you can call the GSA or the field house and see if they would allow you to pay in person. As far as the number of units, from what I read there will be seperate auctions for each piece, not the top four bidders (or two for the 50). I own an Ebay store so I am very familiar with the process. I would definately email them and let them know what is going on though. The last thing you need to have happen is win the item, not be able to pay and have them cancel your bid.

Tod
July 30th, 2008, 01:44 PM
Hey Tod,
You can call paypal if you want. Or you can call the GSA or the field house and see if they would allow you to pay in person. As far as the number of units, from what I read there will be seperate auctions for each piece, not the top four bidders (or two for the 50). I own an Ebay store so I am very familiar with the process. I would definately email them and let them know what is going on though. The last thing you need to have happen is win the item, not be able to pay and have them cancel your bid.

Thanks!! :) xthumbsupx

Ronbo
July 30th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Tod you can get a new PayPal account easy with the new email address. Just go there and open the account and it will automatically be attached to your new eBay account because the email address is the same.

ncbears
July 30th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Just one of a multitude. It must get awfully lonely being the only Northern Colorado fan.xlolx xsmiley_wix

We in NOCo just don't care that much about college football. You grizz fans even outdraw CSU. To much to do around here besides watch football.

Tod
July 30th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Tod you can get a new PayPal account easy with the new email address. Just go there and open the account and it will automatically be attached to your new eBay account because the email address is the same.

Thanks, Ronbo!! :) :) :) :)

Grizo406
July 30th, 2008, 06:00 PM
You grizz fans even outdraw CSU. To much to do around here besides watch football.

What might those things be?

ncbears
July 30th, 2008, 06:05 PM
What might those things be?

You name it, we've got it.

ncbears
July 30th, 2008, 06:07 PM
It's just a culture thing. Different places/regions value things more then others. You value college football much more then we (Coloradoans in general). College football just isn't that big of a deal here.

Grizo406
July 30th, 2008, 06:28 PM
You name it, we've got it.

I guess the next thing you're gonna' try to tell me is that I might find a place to ski...should I decide to come back to Colorado, huh?!!xlolx