PDA

View Full Version : FCS on TV in 2008

Lehigh Football Nation
July 24th, 2008, 05:03 PM
OK, now I know this is a big job, but I'm looking to create a list of ALL the televised FCS games.

They will be here:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=the-complete-fcs-composite-tv-schedule&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Please let me know the games that are missing (as of now, there are a lot that are).

TexasTerror
July 24th, 2008, 05:07 PM
"# means CSTV XXL streams this game over their service for a fee."

You got that for Southland TV games...that's incorrect. It is my understanding that Southland TV games will be on television on affiliate networks throughout the SLC footprint.

Additionally, the games will also be online through the SLC web site, which is actually a JumpTV site (not CSTV).

Lehigh Football Nation
July 24th, 2008, 05:13 PM
"# means CSTV XXL streams this game over their service for a fee."

You got that for Southland TV games...that's incorrect. It is my understanding that Southland TV games will be on television on affiliate networks throughout the SLC footprint.

Additionally, the games will also be online through the SLC web site, which is actually a JumpTV site (not CSTV).

I thought the Southland televised their games on CSTV XXL last year, that's what I was basing that on.

I'll remove the reference to it for now until I can confirm for sure. xthumbsupx

Hammersmith
July 24th, 2008, 05:31 PM
NDSU @ UNI on Oct 18 will be televised but no confirmation on which FSN channel. Probably FSN-North, but it could be FSN-Midwest. It will also likely be on Fox College Sports-Central.

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080723/SPORTS020702/807230430/-1/LIFE04

TV time

Eight Valley football games are scheduled to be on regional television. One features the Panthers on Oct. 18 when the conference's preseason top pick, North Dakota State, comes to the UNI-Dome for a 4 p.m. game.

TexasTerror
July 24th, 2008, 05:33 PM
I thought the Southland televised their games on CSTV XXL last year, that's what I was basing that on.

I'll remove the reference to it for now until I can confirm for sure. xthumbsupx

LFN -- guess you missed the whole note re: Southland Forms TV Network.

This will confirm everything for you:

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=1522531

And FYI -- the Southland Conference is not part of CSTV, they are a JumpTV partner (which you can see at the bottom of the SLC page).

In conclusion, SLC TV is through the SLC web site and through affiliate stations throughout the SLC geographic footprint. ;)

ASU33
July 24th, 2008, 06:21 PM
glad to see the Magic City Classic back on the tube this year!xbowx There is no reason why the best HBCU classic shouldnt be on TV!xbowx

http://www.themagiccityclassic.com

Lehigh Football Nation
July 25th, 2008, 09:05 AM
Anybody have any definitive information on TV games from the:

MVFC
Big Sky

I've been looking for press releases on them but I've been unable to get anything specific. IMO, the Big Sky website simply saying "Montana News" for their Montana games is completely inadequate, though they at least have a schedule for them.

The CAA's rollout of their TV package ought to serve as exemplar as to how to announce their TV games - a complete list, week-by-week, including times. It was real easy to ease them into the composite sched.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 25th, 2008, 09:38 AM
The Big Sky should all be added now - let me know of any issues.

Does the CW or KPAX stream their games for free? Or does anyone know if CSTV picks them up?

Lehigh Football Nation
July 25th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Also - mods, could we consider this as a potential sticky item?

813Jag
July 25th, 2008, 10:37 AM
You left off the Bayou Classic November 29, 2008 1:00 CST NBC.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 25th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Fixed: Bayou Classic added.

appfan2008
July 25th, 2008, 10:50 AM
great list... that will be nice to look back on during the season

skinny_uncle
July 25th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Anybody have any definitive information on TV games from the:

MVFC
Big Sky

I've been looking for press releases on them but I've been unable to get anything specific. IMO, the Big Sky website simply saying "Montana News" for their Montana games is completely inadequate, though they at least have a schedule for them.

The CAA's rollout of their TV package ought to serve as exemplar as to how to announce their TV games - a complete list, week-by-week, including times. It was real easy to ease them into the composite sched.
MVFC (http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=1523853)

Lehigh Football Nation
July 25th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Thanks - the MVFC has been added. (Took a while to realize that it's covered by FSN-Midwest.)

Need the SoCon information too.

Hammersmith
July 25th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Even though the title on that MVFC link says 2008, it's actually the 2007 TV schedule(check the date under the title).

Here's the correct link:
http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=39013&SPID=2899&DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=1104285

Lehigh Football Nation
July 27th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Thanks, updated the new MVFC information and SoCon information from CSS. I think that's all the officially announced games listed. I'm awaiting an Ivy League announcement, as well as individual schools like Lehigh, Lafayette and WIU (schools that have gotten individual TV deals in the past).

I think there are some Ivy games that have been announced - when I get a chance, I'll track them down and add them.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=the-complete-fcs-composite-tv-schedule&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Lehigh Football Nation
July 27th, 2008, 09:30 PM
... Just added SportSouth's SoCon schedule to the list.

TexasTerror
July 27th, 2008, 10:22 PM
These contests are all on WHNO-TV (New Orleans). The Colonels have a deal in which all their home games (not on another network) are on WHNO.

Nicholls State vs Bowie State, Sept 13 - 6 PM
Nicholls State vs Stephen F. Austin, Oct 18 - 2 PM
Nicholls State vs Central Arkansas, Nov 1 - 6:30 PM
Nicholls State vs Sam Houston State, Nov 8 - 4 PM
Nicholls State vs Southeastern Louisiana, Nov 22 - 4 PM

Hood
July 27th, 2008, 10:45 PM
These contests are all on WHNO-TV (New Orleans). The Colonels have a deal in which all their home games (not on another network) are on WHNO.

How is it I'm a Colonels fan and didn't know there was a deal in place? haha.

I just assumed there was just random airings going on last year.

TexasTerror
July 27th, 2008, 10:47 PM
How is it I'm a Colonels fan and didn't know there was a deal in place? haha.

I just assumed there was just random airings going on last year.

That's what happens when the only activity on the Nicholls board is me breaking news every few days, which elicits responses a few days later to Daily Comet stories that figure out what I share a good while later...xnodx

Lehigh Football Nation
July 28th, 2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks!!! WHNO games have been added.

Wasn't there a live feed of these games last year over the internet...?

I also cleaned up the ESPN games (adding Penn/Princeton and making the TBD times of the MEAC/SWAC games on ESPNU 10:30 p.m., as they were reported by ESPN.

An important programming note is that the Florida Classic is suspiciously absent from ESPN's officially announced schedule. It was originally to be broadcast on ESPN Classic... I still have it listed, but as unconfirmed.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 1st, 2008, 09:48 PM

Added NDSU's televised games and the Hofstra/UConn game...

I'd encourage everyone to look this over for additions/omissions! I'm just sort-of randomly adding the games as I become aware of them.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 6th, 2008, 01:19 PM

Just added the YES games and VS. games for the Ivy League. Thanks to the folks who posted them on AGS to make me aware of them.

Probably next will be Lehigh's, Lafayette's and Colgate's TV schedules. Lehigh's is sort-of a hybrid schedule, not sure if I will be just calling them all FSN-Pittsburgh games, FCS-Atlantic games, or WFMZ 69 games (since the local Channel 69 affiliate carries the two out-of-market games for Lehigh and "The Rivalry").

For Colgate, they're only available via Time Warner Cable, is that right? Or are they available on a local feed?

TexasTerror
August 6th, 2008, 06:26 PM
LFN -- may want to check into the "means that it is believed that CSTV XXL will stream this game over their service for a fee."

Some of the games, I'd suspect are JumpTV and are restricted to the conference and the school's web sites -- not available on the larger CSTV XXL Package.

And on that note...

SHSU home games against ...

East Central Oklahoma, Aug 28, 6 PM
Prairie View A&M, Sept 13, 6 PM
SE Louisiana, Nov. 15, 6 PM
Texas State-San Marcos, Nov. 22, 2 PM

Are all set to be broadcast on BearkatVision, available on GoBearkats.com.

GeauxLions94
August 6th, 2008, 06:33 PM

That game will still be on television, but has been moved to a Thursday night kickoff (6 p.m. CST) for Cox Sports Television (available on DISH Network channel 421)

TexasTerror
August 6th, 2008, 08:37 PM
That game will still be on television, but has been moved to a Thursday night kickoff (6 p.m. CST) for Cox Sports Television (available on DISH Network channel 421)

Darn CST and their lack of an agreement with DirecTV for those in Orleans Parish!

How does that impact your rough November?

SuperJon
August 8th, 2008, 08:23 PM
Wanted to post this here too:

During the 2008 football season, Liberty University will have eight games broadcast live on television, the most in the history of the program.

This television package includes all seven home football games and the Coastal Carolina road game, which will be a part of the Big South Conference television package on the Mid-Atlantic Sports Network (MASN).

Liberty’s home games will be produced by the Flames Television Network (FTN) and carried on flagship station WTLU, an educational television station on the campus of Liberty University.

FamilyNet, a cable and over-the-air national network serving more than 30 million households, is the new national TV home for the Liberty Flames. FamilyNet will carry the seven-game home football schedule being played by Liberty.

All seven of LU’s home games will be carried live on FamilyNet with a replay at 1 a.m. Eastern and 10 p.m. Pacific each Saturday night, providing Flames football with even more coverage.

Liberty has also increased its presence in the local market by entering into an agreement with Lynchburg’s WSET-ABC 13 to carry all of the University’s live sports programming on its new Digital 2 station. In addition to the seven home football games, WSET will air LU’s home volleyball, men’s basketball and women’s basketball games this season.

http://www.libertyflames.com/index.cfm?PID=10869&newsID=2809&TeamID=

2008 Liberty University Football Television Schedule

Aug. 30 North Greenville 7:00 WTLU, FamilyNet, WSET
Sept. 6 Glenville State 7:00 WTLU, FamilyNet, WSET
Oct. 4 at Coastal Carolina 7:00 Big South Network, MASN
Oct. 11 Stony Brook 3:30 WTLU, FamilyNet, MASN, WSET
Oct. 18 Lafayette 3:30 WTLU, FamilyNet, MASN, WSET
Oct. 25 Charleston Southern 3:30 WTLU, FamilyNet, MASN, WSET
Nov. 15 Gardner-Webb 7:00 WTLU, FamilyNet, MASN, WSET
Nov. 22 Elon 1:00 WTLU, FamilyNet, WSET

Seawolf97
August 8th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Announced today
Hofstra at Stonybrook -televised and now is Friday 9/26 7pm Kickoff
VMI at Stonybrook -televised on 11/15 -Kickoff is now 3:30pm instead of 1pm.
Stonybrook at Maine on 9/13 remains the same.

Good list !

furman94
August 8th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Wow! Liberty has really stepped it up!

Lehigh Football Nation
August 9th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Thanks - added Big South games on MASN and Liberty's extended schedule. Nice lineup BSC! xthumbsupx

GOKATS
August 9th, 2008, 08:08 PM
A few minor changes to MSU's tv schedule. Times are Eastern.
08/30- game time is 3:00 p.m.
09/27- game time is 3:00 and it's MSU vs. S. Dak., not Montana, on MaxMedia, not KPAX
10/11- game time is 3:30
10/18- game time is 3:00
11/1- game time is 2:00
11/15- game time is 2:00
11/22- game time is 2:00

Thanks for all your efforts.xthumbsupx

SuperJon
August 9th, 2008, 11:07 PM
Wow! Liberty has really stepped it up!

Told ya we're not just little ole Liberty anymore. We're on the right path in every aspect.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 10th, 2008, 09:58 PM

Made some pretty significant additions:

* The (whew) OVCTV internet streaming schedule. (Look for other conference internet broadcast packages to be added soon, including Big Sky TV).
* Added FamilyNet to Liberty's MASN games since it is a national broadcast outlet and deserves equal billing to the fact it's on MASN.
* Added SeLa's Thursday game with Nicholls State on Cox Sports TV on Nov. 20th.
* Added Western Illinois' football schedule (independently produced for local WIUTV3).
* (For TT,) Changed the broadcast information for Southland TV games to instead mention that they are streamed online through the conference package but also may be broadcast in the local area. (Basically, not on CSTV XXL!)

Broadcast situations for conferences are strange. Some are only for the local broadcast station, others are for cable channels, some are hybrids, and yet others are only intended for the internet.

I am extremely unclear as to what games will be on CSTV XXL. CSTV games always end up on there (duh) and usually local games without a home also end up there, but conference package games are a bit of a crapshoot. I'm only reporting the CSTV XXL games as the ones I think will end up there.

Oh yeah, I also fixed Montana State's game times in there too! :) Do I need to also fix Montana's games?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 11th, 2008, 12:31 PM
xconfusedx Need help on this one:

http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080807/FAMU03/80807015/1009/FAMU

Florida A&M University announced today it has signed a contract with the Black College Sports Network, a division of Jericho Broadcast Networks, Inc.

This makes Jericho the official broadcaster of Rattler sports for radio, television and the Internet.

In all likelihood it also means that Keith Miles, the voice of the Rattlers for more than two decades, is out.

BCSN, based in Orlando, is a multi-faceted company. It is headed by Roy M. Eavins II. The CEO had orchestrated Internet telecasts of FAMU football and select basketball events over the past two years.

Terms of the contract were not disclosed, but Jericho will provide radio and Internet video coverage of all FAMU football games, as well as most basketball games and other sports events.

BCSN is the first and only online media outlet dedicated to live coverage & broadcasting of HBCU sporting events on a weekly basis.

I went to BCSN's website, where I didn't see an announcement of the arrangement, nor did I see links to future games, etc. even though the season is set to start in weeks. FAMU's website also didn't give any details.

It looks like BCSN only (in the past) have streamed over the internet certain events, and no football events. Are they hooked up to a broadcast outlet??? Do they stream for free, or are they a pay service? I've very confused as the nature of this.

Also, I have no idea how this affects the five games they already have on the ESPN family of networks and FSN-South (which was announced in their media guide).

I want to add this to the "streaming list", but I'm hesitant until I see more corroborating information. Is this even for this year?

Lehigh Football Nation
August 11th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Added Penn's schedule. Slowly, surely, this schedule is becoming more complete.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 13th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Added another one: MSG's coverage of Sacred Heart vs. Wagner on Friday Oct. 31... Patiently awaiting the rumored package of NEC games on TV...

GOKATS
August 13th, 2008, 03:00 PM
Added another one: MSG's coverage of Sacred Heart vs. Wagner on Friday Oct. 31... Patiently awaiting the rumored package of NEC games on TV...

Don't know if you caught this thread about the Mont. St./ Kan. St. game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45403

Lehigh Football Nation
August 13th, 2008, 04:59 PM
Don't know if you caught this thread about the Mont. St./ Kan. St. game.

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45403

I did not, but now it's added. Thanks! xthumbsupx

Lehigh Football Nation
August 13th, 2008, 11:20 PM
Added September's SoCon TV schedule, September (and the 1st week of October's ) MVFC TV schedule, Portland State vs. Washington State on Sept 6th, and the only Big Sky TV game I could confirm completely.

I'll write the MVFC, SoCon and Big Sky for their complete in-house conference internet streaming packages.

Will post more as I get them.

Lehigh Football Nation
August 19th, 2008, 11:14 PM
An important announcement concerning my original post on the composite schedule: It's simply getting too complicated to keep the streaming schedule and the broadcast schedule on the same posting - it just looks like a mess, and it's too complicated to put multiple listings for games. Therefore, I'm splitting up the schedules.

The original post will continue to have the BROADCAST TV games listed:

And I will now maintain a new post for FCS video streamed on the internet:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=the-complete-fcs-composite-internet-stre&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

I think everyone will agree this is a much better, cleaner solution.

The TV schedule is as up-to-date as possible. Still need to update some of the conference packages on the FCS internet streaming.

Big Dawg
August 20th, 2008, 12:36 AM
xconfusedx Need help on this one:

http://rattlernews.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080807/FAMU03/80807015/1009/FAMU

I went to BCSN's website, where I didn't see an announcement of the arrangement, nor did I see links to future games, etc. even though the season is set to start in weeks. FAMU's website also didn't give any details.

It looks like BCSN only (in the past) have streamed over the internet certain events, and no football events. Are they hooked up to a broadcast outlet??? Do they stream for free, or are they a pay service? I've very confused as the nature of this.

Also, I have no idea how this affects the five games they already have on the ESPN family of networks and FSN-South (which was announced in their media guide).

I want to add this to the "streaming list", but I'm hesitant until I see more corroborating information. Is this even for this year?

It's free and I believe the video will be delayed during televised games but you'll be able to hear the audio.

Also FAMU's game against Tennessee St. has been moved to Versus.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 20th, 2008, 04:13 PM
In addition to the SU games listed earlier, all SU home games can be seen on the following stations on a tape delayed basis. :)

http://www.coxsportstv.com/UserFiles/Files/CST%20AFFILIATE%20LIST_May_30.pdf

CST AFFILIATE LIST
LOUISIANA
City System Channel
Abbeville Cox Communications 45
Alexandria Suddenlink 77
Ascension Parish Eatel Video 37
Bastrop Suddenlink 58
Baton Rouge Cox Communications 37
Baton Rouge DMA DISH Network 421
Blanchard CMA 66
Bossier City Suddenlink 69
Butte Larose Spillway 45
Crowley Cox Communications 16
DeRidder Suddenlink 60
Franklin/Patterson Cox Communications 37
Houma Comcast 382
Jackson/Clinton Trust Cable 32
Jonesboro Suddenlink 27
Kaplan Kaplan Telephone Co. 26
Lafayette Cox Communications 27
Lake Charles Suddenlink 57
Laplace
Laplace
Comcast
Reserve Telecommunications
Larose Vision 43
Maringouin Spillway 18
Minden Suddenlink 31
Morgan City Allen's TV Cable 33
Natchitoches CP Tel 36
Natchitoches Suddenlink 61
New Iberia Cox Communications 58
New Orleans Cox Communications 37
New Orleans DMA DISH Network 421
Reserve Reserve Telecommunications 29
Ruston Suddenlink 26
St. Martinville Cox Communications 63
Sulphur Cameron Communications 54
Winnfield Suddenlink 70
ARKANSAS
City System Channel
Arkadelphia Suddenlink 119
Berryville Cox Communications 119
Fort Smith Cox Communications 119
Harrison Cox Communications 119
Hot Springs Suddenlink 119
Jonesboro Suddenlink 119
Malvern Suddenlink 119
Monticello Community Cable 31
Northwest Cox Communications 119
Pocahontas Suddenlink 119
Russellville Suddenlink 119
Siloam Springs Cox Communications 119
TEXAS
City System Channel
Athens Suddenlink 119
Bloomburg Doll Cable
Bryan Suddenlink 119
Georgetown Suddenlink 119
Gladewater Suddenlink 119
Henderson Suddenlink 119
Jacksonville Suddenlink 119
Lubbock Suddenlink 9
Paris Suddenlink 119
Sulphur Springs Suddenlink 119
Tyler Suddenlink 119
Winnsboro Suddenlink 119
FLORIDA
City System Channel
Gainesville Cox Communications 67
Ocala Cox Communications 68
Pensacola Cox Communications 319
Fort Walton Cox Communications 319
MISSISSIPPI
City System Channel
Pearl River County DISH Network 421
Hancock County DISH Network 421
GEORGIA
City System Channel
Centerville Cox Communications 337
Byron Cox Communications 337
Macon Cox Communications 337
Warner Robins Cox Communications 337
VIRGINIA
City System Channel
Fairfax County Cox Communications 74
City of Fairfax Cox Communications 74
City of Falls Church Cox Communications 74
Town of Herndon Cox Communications 74
Town of Vienna Cox Communications 74
Town of Clifton Cox Communications 74
Fredricksburg Cox Communications 74
Stafford Cox Communications 74
Spotsylvania Cox Communications 74

TexasTerror
August 23rd, 2008, 06:18 PM
Add another...

Los Angeles, California --- Mark your calendars and get ready for a fantastic football game to be nationally televised on the Fox Sports Network on September 27, 2008, at 2:00 p.m. from the Los Angeles Coliseum. Farmers Insurance Group of Companies is proud to bring to Southern California, the unique exposure to the excitement and thrill of Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCU's) by sponsoring a football game between two powerhouses, Prairie View A&M University from Texas and Morehouse College , from Atlanta , Georgia.

http://newsblaze.com/story/2008081905031400028.pnw/topstory.html

ERASU2113
August 23rd, 2008, 09:27 PM
I know they've most likely been posted already....

8/30 ASU v. LSU 5pm Est....ESPN
10/4 The Citadel v. ASU 3pm Est...SportSouth
10/10 ASU v. GSU 3pm Est.....SportSouth
10/31 Wofford v. ASU 8pm Est....ESPN2
11/22 ASU v. WCU....3pm Est...SportSouth

TexasTerror
September 8th, 2008, 11:10 AM
Here's one for you all...can someone figure out what station FCS is on for DirecTV? Not so familiar with FCS...

LAWRENCE, Kan. – Fox College Sports (FCS) will televise the Sam Houston State at Kansas football game it was announced on Monday. The final nonconference game for the Jayhawks will take place on Saturday, Sept. 20 and will kickoff at 6 p.m. Central time.

http://kuathletics.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/090808aaa.html