PDA

View Full Version : UNI/Nichols St game date changed for ESPNU????

Reed Rothchild
July 23rd, 2008, 08:36 PM
Word is that the UNI v Nichols state matchup in the Dome has been moved up to Thursday, 10/2/08, to accomodate a national ESPNU broadcast. New UNI AD Troy Dannen mentioned that it would be a possibility at an event in Des Moines and the marching band has been told that the date has been moved.

This puts UNI fans in a pickle. Many of us don't live in Cedar Falls so a Thursday night game is very difficult to attend for the average person with a steady job. Does one want national tv rather than a game thats more accessible for the fans to attend???

Decisions, decisions,xreadx

PantherRob82
July 23rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
that's nuts. I HATE thurs games.

JayJ79
July 24th, 2008, 04:51 AM
I haven't seen any official announcement.
So it could very well be much ado about nothing.

appfan2008
July 24th, 2008, 07:37 AM
if it was on espn or espn2 i could understand but it is mos def not worth moving up if it is for espnu

TexasTerror
July 24th, 2008, 07:54 AM
if it was on espn or espn2 i could understand but it is mos def not worth moving up if it is for espnu

Why not? It's just as good, if not better than being on a regional sports network...

mebisonII
July 24th, 2008, 07:57 AM
Tough call, although a first read I thought you meant that the game may also be moved to Des Moines, which had me really confused. But I guess the AD was in Des Moines when he mentioned the possible switch.

appfan2008
July 24th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Why not? It's just as good, if not better than being on a regional sports network...

i just said that bc the number of people that get that channel is low and the uni fans were complaining about having to come on thurs. that is all

UNI Pike
July 24th, 2008, 01:30 PM
The smoke has turned into a fire, apparently

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2008/07/24/sports/uni/football/10493165.txt

JayJ79
July 24th, 2008, 03:37 PM
The smoke has turned into a fire, apparently

http://www.wcfcourier.com/articles/2008/07/24/sports/uni/football/10493165.txt

technically, it's still "tentative". But yeah, I guess it's more than just rumor now.

Reed Rothchild
July 24th, 2008, 08:26 PM
That would give us some extra time before a tough stretch that starts with homecoming against Illinois State, then NDSU, then at YSU.

turfdoc
July 24th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Word is that the UNI v Nichols state matchup in the Dome has been moved up to Thursday, 10/2/08, to accomodate a national ESPNU broadcast. New UNI AD Troy Dannen mentioned that it would be a possibility at an event in Des Moines and the marching band has been told that the date has been moved.

This puts UNI fans in a pickle. Many of us don't live in Cedar Falls so a Thursday night game is very difficult to attend for the average person with a steady job. Does one want national tv rather than a game thats more accessible for the fans to attend???

Decisions, decisions,xreadx

I think it is a no brainer. If things have not changed much the students should pack the place on a Thursday. Sure the alumni steady fans will miss out but it will be great exposure. Many alumni fans may take a half day of vacation and hit the lot at 3-4 pm for tailgating. Those that travel too far will probably have little trouble selling there tickets.

Besides I get the Thursday ESPNU games up in Canada, it may be my only chance t see the Panthers this year on a full sized screen. always go out of my way to see one live too.

TexasTerror
July 25th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Southland Conference has it up on their web site now...

http://www.southland.org/ViewArticle.dbml?temp_site=NO&DB_OEM_ID=18400&ATCLID=1523725

PantherRob82
July 25th, 2008, 09:06 PM
it's on the uni site as well.

BearsCountry
July 25th, 2008, 09:24 PM
MVC's as well.