PDA

View Full Version : Perrilloux puts Jacksonville State on pole

Gamecocks99
July 23rd, 2008, 01:33 PM
Perrilloux puts Jacksonville State on pole

By Al Muskewitz
Sports Writer
07-23-2008

EDITED**** Please do not post full articles and please only post them with links to the article. This article is from a subscription site.

UNI Pike
July 23rd, 2008, 02:21 PM
In the immediate past, when playoffs come around being the champ of the OVC has been comparable to being the person in the room with the smallest gunshot wound.

Maybe this year is different.

Maroons
July 23rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
What does JSU's non-conference slate look like?

It certainly looks like Perrilloux is an athlete of the highest order and I certainly expect he will make an impact and I have no problem with JSU being the preseason OVC favorite... but is this the silver bullet the Gamecock faithful have been waiting for? I certainly hope so. Because I'd like to see the OVC do some non-conference damage for the first time in over a decade.

Gamecocks99
July 23rd, 2008, 02:53 PM
In the immediate past, when playoffs come around being the champ of the OVC has been comparable to being the person in the room with the smallest gunshot wound.

Maybe this year is different.

The past is just that the past. We are looking to the immediate Future. xnodx

Gamecocks99
July 23rd, 2008, 03:01 PM

It certainly looks like Perrilloux is an athlete of the highest order and I certainly expect he will make an impact and I have no problem with JSU being the preseason OVC favorite... but is this the silver bullet the Gamecock faithful have been waiting for? I certainly hope so. Because I'd like to see the OVC do some non-conference damage for the first time in over a decade.

The first 3 games are non-conference

Georgia Tech should be a great game at Grant Field in Atlanta on a Thursday night.

Thu 8/28/2008 at Georgia Tech Atlanta, Ga. 6:30 PM ESPN 360

Sat 9/6/2008 vs Alabama A&M (Band Day) Paul Snow Stadium 6:00 PM

Sat 9/20/2008 at Chattanooga Chattanooga, Tenn. 6:00 PM

Sat 9/27/2008 at *Eastern Illinois Charleston, Ill. 1:30 PM
Sat 10/4/2008 vs *Southeast Missouri Paul Snow Stadium 6:00 PM
Sat 10/11/2008 at *Eastern Kentucky Richmond, Ky. 6:00 PM
Sat 10/18/2008 vs *Murray State (Homecoming/Family Day) Paul Snow Stadium 4:00 PM
Thu 10/23/2008 at *UT-Martin Martin, Tenn. 6:30 PM ESPNU
Sat 11/1/2008 vs *Austin Peay (Preview Day) Paul Snow Stadium 2:00
Sat 11/8/2008 at *Tennessee Tech Cookeville, Tenn. 1:30 PM
Sat 11/15/2008 vs *Tennessee State Paul Snow Stadium 2:00 PM

OL FU
July 23rd, 2008, 03:04 PM
Back at Jacksonville State in the protective bubble he's been placed in since transferring from LSU,

What, he's not out of jail yetxconfusedx

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o xlolx

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
Perrilloux puts Jacksonville State on pole

pole?????

Doc

UNI Pike
July 23rd, 2008, 03:18 PM
Maybe it should be re-written that "if Jacksonville State does not win the OVC championship, Perrilloux's head will be on a pole". There are some high expectations for someone unseen in the JSU uniform yet.

Q - are there major offensive changes being put in place to mold the offense around Perrilloux, or is it the same system as LSU?

Gamecocks99
July 23rd, 2008, 03:25 PM
pole?????

Doc

Placement before an auto race (first, second etc) is known as a pole. The Talladega Superspeedway is 25 minutes away from campus. And racing is big in our area.

Gamecocks99
July 23rd, 2008, 03:29 PM
What, he's not out of jail yet xconfusedx

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o xlolx

He has never been in jail. ?????? ????? xconfusedx

No problems at all. Perrilloux is working out each day and doing great ! He is right where he needs to be at the right University to move forward. xlolx

Gamecocks99
July 23rd, 2008, 03:53 PM
Maybe it should be re-written that "if Jacksonville State does not win the OVC championship, Perrilloux's head will be on a pole". There are some high expectations for someone unseen in the JSU uniform yet.

Q - are there major offensive changes being put in place to mold the offense around Perrilloux, or is it the same system as LSU?

There will be some changes

On Top of Ryan Perrilloux Also JSU has picked up 7 or 8 strong Junior college Transfer players. Reggie Wade- played in the National JUCO ALLSTAR game on the Offensive Line. Jamison Wadley, transferred from Southern Miss on the Defensive Line. We also have a JUCO Transfer LB that originally signed with FSU and another Tranfer WR from FIU that looked very good in the Spring.

Also they picked up another Transfer LB from Ole Miss Isaiah Smith - 6'0" 234 / 4.6 40
He ranked #47 mlb in 07' class by scout. #99 mlb by espn insiders. can play outside and in. will help defense.

Jax State transferred in a 4 Star Recruit - DB / RB from Alabama Tremayne Coger. He was the backup to #2-Simeon Castille at DB. But Also Coger was a productive running back in high school.

He was listed at DB at Alabama, but could also play WR or RB. His forte is speed but he seemed to be out of place at Alabama. High school forty time was listed as 4.47. He was recruited by Shula and never fit into Saban's schemes. He redshirted his first year and never sniffed the field last year. Will be a sophmore this year. Originally from Columbia, TN

Coach Crowe has done a lot of homework and this year will be a new beginning for the Gamecocks.

xnodx

JMU DUUUKES
July 23rd, 2008, 03:54 PM
Placement before a auto race (first, second etc) is known as a pole. The Talladega Superspeedway is 25 minutes away from campus. And racing is big in our area.

Yea i didn't get that reference at all at first. I thought maybe his being on the team made JSU get on a poll like a media voting poll and that their was some misspelling. ha

EKU05
July 23rd, 2008, 03:56 PM
EIU is my unbiased pick, and I like us over JSU for second by the slimmest of margins (worth noting that both JSU and EIU have to visit Roy Kidd Stadium this year).

As far as the playoffs go, EIU was outmatched at Southern Illinois but avoided total embarassment. EKU simply had four fumbles (including two that blew sure fire touchdowns) and was still very much in the game into the fourth quarter against Richmond. Both teams were hampered by injuries, but we lost OVC offensive player of the year Allan Holland early in the game. The weather also played a big factor in shutting down the passing game which hurt us a lot more than it did them.

I'm not crazy about making excuses for my team, but with a healthy squad on a warmer day it likely would have been a much closer ball game. (But make no mistake, on that particular day Richmond really handed it to us...31-14 I think.)

McNeese72
July 23rd, 2008, 04:04 PM
Placement before a auto race (first, second etc) is known as a pole. The Talladega Superspeedway is 25 minutes away from campus. And racing is big in our area.

Oh! I would have said "Perrilloux puts Jacksonville State on the pole" or "Perrilloux puts Jacksonville State in the pole position" instead.

Doc

Cocky
July 23rd, 2008, 06:07 PM
Is Mike Brown still coming to JSU?

EIUsuperfan
July 23rd, 2008, 07:49 PM
It is going to be an exciting year in the OVC (I'm sure that comment will get some feedback from non-OVC members in the forum).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the JSU game. Disappointed that it is so early in the year. I think it will be (in no particular order), JSU, EKU, EIU in the top 3 all with 1 loss at the end of the season.

EKU05
July 23rd, 2008, 08:43 PM
It is going to be an exciting year in the OVC (I'm sure that comment will get some feedback from non-OVC members in the forum).

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the JSU game. Disappointed that it is so early in the year. I think it will be (in no particular order), JSU, EKU, EIU in the top 3 all with 1 loss at the end of the season.

Ah, the dreaded coin flip to decide the auto bid...

Cocky
July 23rd, 2008, 08:52 PM
I, too believe it will be EIU, EKU, and JSU but for some reason I think Murray may surprise some people.

Gamecocks99
July 24th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Is Mike Brown still coming to JSU?

I'm not sure but he would be a huge add on. Please up date us if you hear any info. You seem to stay in the know.

Cocky What is going on with GoJaxstate.Com. Has it been hacked? What is the problem that it is not working? This is the third day that no one has posted anything. :( xsmhx

AppStFan76
July 24th, 2008, 12:44 PM
Didnt JSU pick up A. Wardlow?

He should make a difference in the season

Cocky
July 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I'm not sure but he would be a huge add on. Please up date us if you hear any info. You seem to stay in the know.

Cocky What is going on with GoJaxstate.Com. Has it been hacked? What is the problem that it is not working? This is the third day that no one has posted anything. :( xsmhx

I don't know the problem but surely Timpdude is working on it. Of course, the real job comes first.

Cocky
July 24th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Didnt JSU pick up A. Wardlow?

He should make a difference in the season

Not sure who he is but I haven't heard his name.

Gamecocks99
July 24th, 2008, 02:11 PM
AppFan76 - Do you remember where you heard or read this?

AppStFan76
July 24th, 2008, 02:18 PM
Not sure who he is but I haven't heard his name.

Sorry I thought I had read that Antonio Wardlow was transfering from UT to Jacksonville....it was Jackson State.

My appologies for the mix-up!!

Gamecocks99
July 24th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Sorry I thought I had read that Antonio Wardlow was transfering from UT to Jacksonville....it was Jackson State.

My appologies for the mix-up!!

No problem. I wish we had him at safety or CB.

Gamecocks99
July 25th, 2008, 01:23 PM

Maroons Does EKU or EIU have very many transfers this year that shuld make a difference?

hawkeye
July 27th, 2008, 10:12 PM
pole?????

Doc

You know you have a NASCAR tag on your vehicle McNeese. Come on. South La cowboy fan and you question Pole? PAAAALEEZZZZZZZxlolx

Maroons
July 28th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Maroons Does EKU or EIU have very many transfers this year that shuld make a difference?

None on the order of Alan Holland or Bobby Washington or Antwuan Molden that I know of. I hear there have been some... but I haven't heard much. There is a football rally tonight so I hope to be more informed when I leave.

Gamecocks99
July 28th, 2008, 03:17 PM
None on the order of Alan Holland or Bobby Washington or Antwuan Molden that I know of. I hear there have been some... but I haven't heard much. There is a football rally tonight so I hope to be more informed when I leave.

Thanks Maroons, Sounds like a fun evening. xnodx
I look forward to the update.

EKU05
July 28th, 2008, 04:39 PM

We had two or 3 FBS transfers. One is a speedy WR from Tulane who I head will be pretty good.

TTUEagles
July 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
That's the problem I have with TTU. Outside of getting our great QB, Sweeny out of Louisville, TTU rarely gets much in the way of FBS transfers. At least not ones that played games in FBS (Sweeny didn't). We did get former Arkansas St starting RB, Cedric Wilkerson for this season. I've heard for a long time that TTU has some crazy transfer rules - this I believe is due to it being such an engineering school, with little variety in terms of major fields of studies like most liberal arts institutions. It makes it hard for classes/credits to transfer through. Maybe that's just an excuse...TSU is another school that seems to get tons of FBS transfers every year.

Gamecocks99
July 29th, 2008, 01:10 PM
We had two or 3 FBS transfers. One is a speedy WR from Tulane who I head will be pretty good.

Do you Know if EIU has had any Transfers this Summer that will play this Fall ?

TTUEagles
July 29th, 2008, 08:33 PM
EIU got a RB transfer from Univ. of Florida. walker, I think, is his last name - was supposedly hightly recruited out of high school.

Gamecocks99
July 30th, 2008, 11:33 AM
EIU got a RB transfer from Univ. of Florida. walker, I think, is his last name - was supposedly hightly recruited out of high school.

Thanks for the info. Here is some info on him from EIU

JUNIOR COLLEGE SIGNEES AND FOUR-YEAR TRANSFERS

Chevon Walker RB (Fort Myers, Fla./Riverdale HS/U of Florida) 5-10, 193
Transfer from University of Florida and will have three years of eligibility remaining at EIU… saw action in five games averaging 3.5 yards per carry… redshirted during the Gators National Championship run in 2006… rated No. 5 running back in the nation at Riverdale HS… named Fort Myers News Press 2005 Offensive Player of the Year with 2,027 rushing yards and 31 touchdowns… carried the ball for 1,505 yards and 9 touchdowns as a junior… also participated in track at Florida placing ninth in the 100 meter dash as the Southeastern Conference Outdoor Championships.

citdog
July 30th, 2008, 11:50 AM
He has never been in jail. ?????? ????? xconfusedx

No problems at all. Perrilloux is working out each day and doing great ! He is right where he needs to be at the right University to move forward. xlolx

STILL THINK, WITH HIS THUG CRIMINAL BACKGROUND THAT GEORGIA SOUTHERN IS WHERE HE BELONGS.

Gamecocks99
July 30th, 2008, 12:50 PM
STILL THINK, WITH HIS THUG CRIMINAL BACKGROUND THAT GEORGIA SOUTHERN IS WHERE HE BELONGS.

He has never been arrested and he has NO criminal background. He has been questioned but that is all

I know that GSU has had a lot of Tranfers in the past that is why they have won so many titles. In the past Troy University was known as Transfer U and that is a big reason they have built a winning tradition.

We are glad to have Perrilloux. He reports to Fall Camp in the Morning with no problems and moving forward. xnodx xnodx xnodx

Houndawg
July 31st, 2008, 04:57 AM
As far as the playoffs go, EIU was outmatched at Southern Illinois but avoided total embarassment.

If you consider giving up points on your first five defensive series, being held to 66 yards rushing, and not scoring until late in the 3rd qtr. avoiding total embarassment.

Maroons
July 31st, 2008, 06:21 PM

Here's the rundown on new transfers who will be playing in a Colonel uniform in 2008:
Andre Barbour - North Carolina - OL - 6'6" 296
Shannon Davis - Tulane - WR - 5'11" 153
Andre Evans - Buffalo - DB - 5'10" 169
Christen Haywood - Kent State - RB - 5'10" 192

Evans and Barbour both come with some decent experience. We'll see how the season unfolds for these gentlemen.

bobbythekidd
July 31st, 2008, 06:42 PM
Nah. We always have really good kids for our QB. They can keep him.

bobbythekidd
July 31st, 2008, 06:44 PM
I know that GSU has had a lot of Tranfers in the past that is why they have won so many titles.
Really? Enlighten me as to who you think our transfers have been that have led us to National Titles.xreadx