xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

BlueHen86
July 21st, 2008, 10:48 PM
I didn't even pick up on that
xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

I noticed it too, in fact, that's why I thought you posted it.xlolx

TheValleyRaider
July 21st, 2008, 11:02 PM
I just happened to be looking at the Helmet Project site, and saw that W&M had a new one

Figured one of our Tribe guys here would have mentioned it, but since I didn't see anything....

Also, Savannah State has a new one as well. Take a look:

Maroons
July 21st, 2008, 11:16 PM
I liked WMU's old helmet better, I think.

HiHiYikas
July 21st, 2008, 11:26 PM
Aren't too many conventional templates that really work on a helmet - maybe three or four, tops. Script letters is one of the good ones.

Like the new one, and I actually liked the old one - it was one of the exceptions proving the rule that letters with roman serifs don't belong on football helmets.

Tribe4SF
July 22nd, 2008, 06:29 AM
Change on the helmet coincides with the advent of our new logo, which is a re-work of the letters W and M with (drumroll)...a newly designed ampersand. The new logo is widely unpopular, and it seems that the athletic department is going to use the script Tribe (also registered) on just about everything.

The new logo features a distinctively unattractive font with the M being an upside down W.

PantherRob82
July 22nd, 2008, 06:34 AM
Also, Savannah State has a new one as well. Take a look:

Clemson ?

andy7171
July 22nd, 2008, 06:36 AM
What happened to the feather? :D

Tribe4SF
July 22nd, 2008, 06:48 AM
What happened to the feather? :D

It was placed in the cap of the PC police.xbawlingx

JMU DUUUKES
July 22nd, 2008, 09:17 AM
That upside down W is really annoying. I know it sounds like "duh of course M = upside down W", but it just doesn't look right when you take the same image and flip it like that. At least readjust the widths of the legs and stuff to make it look like a different letter.

Tribe4SF
July 22nd, 2008, 09:35 AM
That upside down W is really annoying. I know it sounds like "duh of course M = upside down W", but it just doesn't look right when you take the same image and flip it like that. At least readjust the widths of the legs and stuff to make it look like a different letter.

Exactly. Maybe something like this.

greenG
July 22nd, 2008, 10:46 AM

Rumor has it that the new logo, upside-down W and all, is soon to be dumped.

http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=80694

xthumbsupx

89Hen
July 22nd, 2008, 11:42 AM
Change on the helmet coincides with the advent of our new logo, which is a re-work of the letters W and M with (drumroll)...a newly designed ampersand. The new logo is widely unpopular, and it seems that the athletic department is going to use the script Tribe (also registered) on just about everything.

The new logo features a distinctively unattractive font with the M being an upside down W.
xoopsx xnonono2x xoopsx xnonono2x The former W&M font was perfect. I've also said it many times, and I always preface it with "no offense to Colgate or Montana", but I absolutely HATE the script names on the helmets. IT'S A BASEBALL LOGO and it's just as if the creative team punted and said just use Microsoft Paint to make the logo. xnonono2x

JMU DUUUKES
July 22nd, 2008, 01:08 PM

Yes those are perfect, why the need to change I duno.

4zach2b
July 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
http://img93.imageshack.us/img93/9809/williammarydl6.png http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/7193/williammary2hp3.png

How about this??

furman94
July 22nd, 2008, 05:26 PM
Clemson ?

LSU with a Clemson flare xsmiley_wix

Go...gate
July 22nd, 2008, 05:40 PM
xoopsx xnonono2x xoopsx xnonono2x The former W&M font was perfect. I've also said it many times, and I always preface it with "no offense to Colgate or Montana", but I absolutely HATE the script names on the helmets. IT'S A BASEBALL LOGO and it's just as if the creative team punted and said just use Microsoft Paint to make the logo. xnonono2x

No offense taken. The "'gate" moniker was not used until 1977 and has been used for all except three seasons since, with a slight font change beginning in 1996. Before that, we had a classic white block "C" or white numerals (a la GSU, Alabama and Holy Cross) on the maroon helmets, with simply maroon helmets beginning in the 1950's . The "'gate" emblem is terrific, but I also loved the older, less flashy Colgate uniforms.

I kinda liked the 1980's "Tribe" emblem on the deep green helmet.

Eight Legger
July 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
Didn't W&M already use this helmet once before? It looks mighty familiar to me. I actually think it looks good despite the script...better than most scripts would.

Tribe4SF
July 23rd, 2008, 06:24 AM
Didn't W&M already use this helmet once before? It looks mighty familiar to me. I actually think it looks good despite the script...better than most scripts would.

We've used the script on the helmet several times, but not on the current solid gold helmet.

ChickenMan
July 23rd, 2008, 07:36 AM
W&M's helmets are fine.. they just need different heads to go in them... :p

4zach2b
July 23rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
W&M's helmets are fine.. they just need different heads to go in them... :p

haha nice!

TheValleyRaider
July 23rd, 2008, 04:25 PM
I've also said it many times, and I always preface it with "no offense to Colgate or Montana", but I absolutely HATE the script names on the helmets.

Well, I hate Princeton copy-cat helmets, so there xmadx xmadx xmadx

:p

4zach2b
July 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Actually, Princeton was the ones who came up with the helmet...

Rob Iola
July 23rd, 2008, 05:29 PM
I like the solid color idea - kinda like when Hofstra changed their name and adopted bright pink helmets...

Cobblestone
July 23rd, 2008, 07:34 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11295&stc=1&d=1216737329

Those should read B & B (Bill and the Bitch). Seriously, I like that design.

4zach2b
July 23rd, 2008, 10:09 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11295&stc=1&d=1216737329

Those should read B & B (Bill and the Bitch). Seriously, I like that design.

I bet I could make that up for you... haha

89Hen
July 24th, 2008, 09:24 AM
BTW, what is it with the schools who constantly change helmets? xnonono2x I think either AppSt or Idaho State must have the lead in that category. Have you no tradition? xsmiley_wix :p

93henfan
July 24th, 2008, 09:29 AM
We won't really have much leg to stand on regarding tradition once the rest of the world sees the jerseys that we'll be wearing from Under Armour this season. They're certainly not Oregon-gaudy, but they don't exactly wreak of tradition either.

DSUrocks07
July 24th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Hey citdog...did The Citadel give Dallas a call in '78??

4zach2b
July 24th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I like W&M's new helmets. I like change in all helmets to be honest. I, as well as some others, are helmet fanatics. When I found out that W&M was changing their helmet... I was going crazy. I love it!

Now everyone will think I'm crazy... haha o well

4zach2b

Tribe4SF
July 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM
I like W&M's new helmets. I like change in all helmets to be honest. I, as well as some others, are helmet fanatics. When I found out that W&M was changing their helmet... I was going crazy. I love it!

Now everyone will think I'm crazy... haha o well

4zach2b

It's ok Zach, we're all fetishists at some level.xthumbsupx

Glad you like our new lids.

4zach2b
July 25th, 2008, 05:42 PM
It's ok Zach, we're all fetishists at some level.xthumbsupx

Glad you like our new lids.

lol AWESOME! xthumbsupx xnodx xpeacex