PDA

View Full Version : Richmond Spiders....

DB_Atlantic10
October 18th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Dont' sleep on Richmond, with all of the discussion about muddy fields, ranked A-10 teams and the lot, the Richmond Spiders has casually slip in the picture with a 3-1 A-10 record.... I can't say what the future holds for the Spiders, but they are running the ship at the moment. If UDel beats JMU this week, the Spiders will be in full control, regardless of their outcome with Hofstra.... :eek:

89Hen
October 18th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I wonder if they couldn't/wouldn't have won one of those first two games with Tutt at QB.... certainly the Lafayette game was winnable and even the UMass game could have been more interesting.

ChickenMan
October 18th, 2005, 01:01 PM
Dont' sleep on Richmond, with all of the discussion about muddy fields, ranked A-10 teams and the lot, the Richmond Spiders has casually slip in the picture with a 3-1 A-10 record.... I can't say what the future holds for the Spiders, but they are running the ship at the moment. If UDel beats JMU this week, the Spiders will be in full control, regardless of their outcome with Hofstra.... :eek:

and maybe they are 4-0 in the A10... if they had opened the season with Stacy Tutt at QB???

GannonFan
October 18th, 2005, 01:02 PM
Imagine if they didn't throw away those two games to start the year by not playing Tutt at QB. Possible 2-0 start or at the worse 1-1 rather than the 0-2 hole they found themselves in.

89Hen
October 18th, 2005, 01:12 PM
So I guess what we're saying is they're a good team with Tutt at QB. :D

Lehigh Football Nation
October 18th, 2005, 01:32 PM
All I know is that every night, Lafayette fans kneel at their football shrines and say, "Thank you, Dave Clawson, for starting Tutt at WR during our game, and also now having the Spiders tear through the A-10 with Tutt at QB, thus improving our GPI greatly, and giving Leopard fans much joy."

:D

Maroon&White
October 18th, 2005, 02:01 PM
I wonder if they couldn't/wouldn't have won one of those first two games with Tutt at QB.... certainly the Lafayette game was winnable and even the UMass game could have been more interesting.

Definitely would have been an even closer game against UMass if Tutt was QB. Just trying to remember off the top of my head, seems like their offense only really got moving once he went under center a few times, might be wrong about that though. He ran in the only TD the UMass D has allowed this season.

Didn't really see a need to move him to WR. He's a great athlete and can make things happen, get him the ball as much you can. UMass did sort of the same thing with Cobbs playing him at WR, but he quickly got moved to RB again and has done very well there. Seems a lot easier to make big plays and get things going when you can quickly get the ball to your play-maker, not having to pass it. Unless of course that player IS a WR :)

Spider
October 18th, 2005, 02:23 PM
and maybe they are 4-0 in the A10... if they had opened the season with Stacy Tutt at QB???
I know we would have won the Lafayette game with Tutt at the helm. The UMass game might have been closer or winnable. Team is playing very well with Stacy at the controls, coupled with our strong D. Hopefully we can hold 'the Pride' in check this weekend.

DTSpider
October 18th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Let's not forget that we should have won the Lafayette game this year even with Tutt at WR. You miss 2 25-yard field goals and drop a touchdown pass in a 7-0 loss. That hurts.

I'm not sure about the UMass game. While the score was close, they cleary were the better team.

Please don't fool yourselves too much. We've beaten Maine, Nova & Delaware. If we beat Hofstra then I'll feel much better. Right now we're an average team.

As for playoff perspective, we'd have to go 7-1 in conference no matter what happened at Lafayette. If you assume that JMU, UNH & UMass will be 6-2 or better in conferece than there's no way we jump them if we're 6-2. I don't think that the A10 gets four teams this year and we don't have the reputation of the other programs to get the playoff edge.

This week is Hofsra. Very tough game for us with their passing attack. We have to score touchdowns. This season we are only 30% on the season scoring TDs in the redzone.

DB_Atlantic10
November 30th, 2005, 03:54 PM
Does anyone remember me posting this back in October before Richmond blew up...... xcoffeex

AppGuy04
November 30th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Does anyone remember me posting this back in October before Richmond blew up...... xcoffeex

where is this man's cookie????

DB_Atlantic10
November 30th, 2005, 04:01 PM
where is this man's cookie????

:nod:

Pard94
November 30th, 2005, 04:01 PM
I know we would have won the Lafayette game with Tutt at the helm. The UMass game might have been closer or winnable. Team is playing very well with Stacy at the controls, coupled with our strong D. Hopefully we can hold 'the Pride' in check this weekend.

Pure speculation... :nod: