PDA

View Full Version : Ricky Santos

Tribefan
October 18th, 2005, 10:55 AM
First off, I am a fan of BE school (ya I know the BE sucks) and I have been spending time over at a Rutgers board because we play them this week. What I find funny is that they still seem to traumatized over the azz whoopin that Ricky and UNH layed on RU last season. Kudos to Ricky and UNH for that.

Secondly, in that game, did Ricky come off the bench and win that game.?Somebody stated that Ricky was the UNH third stringer in that game.

Tribe4SF
October 18th, 2005, 11:35 AM
Santos came off the bench in the Delaware game, and started the following week at Rutgers.

ChickenMan
October 18th, 2005, 11:36 AM
First off, I am a fan of BE school (ya I know the BE sucks) and I have been spending time over at a Rutgers board because we play them this week. What I find funny is that they still seem to traumatized over the azz whoopin that Ricky and UNH layed on RU last season. Kudos to Ricky and UNH for that.

Secondly, in that game, did Ricky come off the bench and win that game.?Somebody stated that Ricky was the UNH third stringer in that game.

Santos started vs Rutgers but came off the bench... after their starting QB was injured just prior to the half vs UD in UNH's opener the week prior to the RU game.

GannonFan
October 18th, 2005, 12:23 PM
Santos was actually 4th string coming into the year last season - the 3rd string guy left school, the 2nd string guy got hurt in practice the week before the UD game and his foot was in a boot, and then Granieri (very good QB in his own right) tore his ACL in the 2nd quarter against UD. Santos came in and played well, but UNH also ran some single wing in that game. Santos really took off the next week when they played Rutgers. And the rest is history.

Tribefan
October 18th, 2005, 12:40 PM
Thanks for the info.

Husky Alum
October 18th, 2005, 12:47 PM
And Don Brown didn't think he'd be good enough to play in NU's defensive backfield......

Maroon&White
October 18th, 2005, 01:56 PM
And Don Brown didn't think he'd be good enough to play in NU's defensive backfield......

Santos is a DB too? I would be more upset that Brown didn't recruit Santos for QB.

Husky Alum
October 18th, 2005, 09:37 PM
He didn't think he was good enough to play QB at the 1-AA level, and said to some NU fans/alumni that he couldn't even make him a DB.

Story goes Santos wanted to play at NU, but we didn't want him.

blukeys
October 18th, 2005, 09:59 PM

And KC Keeler was wondering why UD offered Omar Cuff a scholarship since he was doing a terrible job as a Defensive Back. Had Sean Bleiler not gotten hurt Cuff would have still been failing as a DB. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

UNHknowledge
October 18th, 2005, 10:00 PM
2nd best player in I-AA football only to the remarkable David Ball

Sam Adams
October 18th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Story goes Santos wanted to play at NU, but we didn't want him.

How the story goes and reality are often very different things.
UNH had him as a 4th stringer. He has certainly shown that most everybody underestimated him. No point in isolating Brown for excoriation.