PDA

View Full Version : I-AA Athletics Promotion

89Hen
October 18th, 2005, 10:10 AM
OK, there is no such thing as "I-AA Athletics", but you know what I mean. Last night I recieved a phone call from a JMU student telling me about the upcoming JMU basketball season and that I should seriously consider season tickets (they stink at bball but so do the Hens). They have my name and phone number because I bought football tickets from their ticket office for the UD/JMU game in Harrisonburg last year. I was pretty amazed that they would keep/share information like that between sports and between years. Yes, I realize one ticket office probably handles all the sports there, but it's still impressive IMO that they would do this. They probably pay students minimum wage to sit in the office and make these calls. I know they did a full court press after the NC to sell football tix and it obviously helped (as did the NC) and it would seem that they are trying to piggyback on the football success. I just wanted to pass this along as something a I-AA school is doing to promote their entire AD.

bandl
October 18th, 2005, 10:23 AM
Season tix for JMU basketball, huh??? Wow...IMO that would be a rip-off, at least until they start winning again. Sherman Dillard didn't do anything to help that program. So the seats that you'll have to buy as a season tix owner will probably be behind the bench. IMO the best seats in the Convo are, and always have been, in the student section! I like to show up on gameday and buy tix at the door. But now I'm assuming you're a recent college grad and don't mind the smell of bourbon and beer from the bottles/flasks snuck into the student section... :p. No offense meant if you're not a young gent!!! ;)

SoCon48
October 18th, 2005, 11:34 AM
Season tix for JMU basketball, huh??? Wow...IMO that would be a rip-off, at least until they start winning again. Sherman Dillard didn't do anything to help that program. So the seats that you'll have to buy as a season tix owner will probably be behind the bench. IMO the best seats in the Convo are, and always have been, in the student section! I like to show up on gameday and buy tix at the door. But now I'm assuming you're a recent college grad and don't mind the smell of bourbon and beer from the bottles/flasks snuck into the student section... :p. No offense meant if you're not a young gent!!! ;)

Doesn't bother this old guy, but it's how fast they get sloppy a-- drunk and how they act afterward that bothers me and brings embarrassment to their school.

89Hen
October 18th, 2005, 01:14 PM
But now I'm assuming you're a recent college grad and don't mind the smell of bourbon and beer from the bottles/flasks snuck into the student section... :p. No offense meant if you're not a young gent!!! ;)
I'm not a recent grad (I'd like to consider 16 years recent) but I still don't mind the smell of bourbon and beer. Matter of fact, I seek that out! :p

Cap'n Cat
October 18th, 2005, 03:20 PM
OK, there is no such thing as "I-AA Athletics", but you know what I mean. Last night I recieved a phone call from a JMU student telling me about the upcoming JMU basketball season and that I should seriously consider season tickets (they stink at bball but so do the Hens). They have my name and phone number because I bought football tickets from their ticket office for the UD/JMU game in Harrisonburg last year. I was pretty amazed that they would keep/share information like that between sports and between years. Yes, I realize one ticket office probably handles all the sports there, but it's still impressive IMO that they would do this. They probably pay students minimum wage to sit in the office and make these calls. I know they did a full court press after the NC to sell football tix and it obviously helped (as did the NC) and it would seem that they are trying to piggyback on the football success. I just wanted to pass this along as something a I-AA school is doing to promote their entire AD.

I've bought tickets online for Minnesota, Montana, Western Michigan, Eastern Michigan and UNI before and I get snail mail from all of them somewhat frequently from this practice. I think it's good, too, and don't mind it at all.

What I DO mind is the frequent snail mail I get from Girls Gone Wild for buying two of their DVD's last spring. Little bit uncomfortable 'splainin' it to Mama Cat!

:o :o :o :o