PDA

View Full Version : VMI raises 3.4Mill in athletic annual giving

vmifan
July 19th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Despite very limited success on the football field, VMI faithful (the hopeful) have once again stepped up with another increase in annual giving. This is critical to a small school like VMI which can not rely on student fees to fund the majority of athletic budget. Now if only there was more success on the field........

Sly Fox
July 19th, 2008, 10:34 AM
Say what you want about the Keydets play on the field, but when it comes to writing checks they are a powerhouse.

Congrats to the VMI community!

citdog
July 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM
70-28

we are currently building a PERMANENT trophY case to house the SILVER SHAKO.....CALL US WHEN YOU'RE NO LONGER AFRAID TO CONTINUE PLAYING US.

THAT IS ALL

BJuice
July 19th, 2008, 11:20 AM
70-28
CALL US WHEN YOU'RE NO LONGER AFRAID TO CONTINUE PLAYING US.

Wow!!! A Citadel fan commenting on being afraid to play somebody. Hmmm.

catamount man
July 19th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Kudos to VMI and I hope Sparky Woods leads them to multiple Big South titles and playoff appearances. I seriously hope that happens.

Good luck Keydets!!!!!!!! xthumbsupx

citdog
July 19th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Wow!!! A Citadel fan commenting on being afraid to play somebody. Hmmm.

we gave you your shot and you beat us once..... we restored order last season.....now get busy playing that "second fiddle" that you play so well.

Go...gate
July 19th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Just like last year, that is flat-out GREAT fundraising. Sooner or later, it will translate to success on the field (I still think you guys belong in the Patriot League).

mtnman
July 19th, 2008, 02:01 PM
if football does not get better for VMI with woods the coach it will never get better,woods got it going at app back in my day 1985 and if he had not went to south carolina in 89 we would have won it all that year.good luck VMI

90BISON
July 19th, 2008, 02:32 PM
That is very impressive for a fundraiser.

MplsBison
July 19th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I think the question is simple: how can you recruit to VMI?

Honestly, what potential player wants to go through all that just play football at a school that hasn't done very well in it? All the military bull***** tradition, no girls on campus, curfews, PT, etc.

citdog
July 19th, 2008, 03:01 PM
I think the question is simple: how can you recruit to VMI?

Honestly, what potential player wants to go through all that just play football at a school that hasn't done very well in it? All the military bull***** tradition, no girls on campus, curfews, PT, etc.

it's called "having a pair" and not wanting a generic....get it at 1000 places education like the rest of you civilian douches received...

"i took the road less traveled....and that has made all the difference."

did i just stand up for the V@gina Military Institute? YIKES

The Moody1
July 19th, 2008, 03:58 PM

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ironic interpretation

The ironic interpretation, widely held by critics,[1][5] is that the poem is instead about regret and personal myth-making, rationalizing our decisions.

In this interpretation, the final two lines:

I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

are ironic – the choice made little or no difference at all, the speaker's protestations to the contrary. The narrator admits in the second and third stanzas that both paths may be equally worn and equally leaf-covered, and it is only in his future recollection that he will call one road "less traveled by".

The sigh, widely interpreted as a sigh of regret, might also be interpreted ironically: in a 1925 letter to Crystine Yates of Dickson, Tennessee, asking about the sigh, Frost replied: "It was my rather private jest at the expense of those who might think I would yet live to be sorry for the way I had taken in life."

citdog
July 19th, 2008, 04:51 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ironic interpretation

The ironic interpretation, widely held by critics,[1][5] is that the poem is instead about regret and personal myth-making, rationalizing our decisions.

In this interpretation, the final two lines:

I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.

are ironic – the choice made little or no difference at all, the speaker's protestations to the contrary. The narrator admits in the second and third stanzas that both paths may be equally worn and equally leaf-covered, and it is only in his future recollection that he will call one road "less traveled by".

The sigh, widely interpreted as a sigh of regret, might also be interpreted ironically: in a 1925 letter to Crystine Yates of Dickson, Tennessee, asking about the sigh, Frost replied: "It was my rather private jest at the expense of those who might think I would yet live to be sorry for the way I had taken in life."

it means whatever the hell i want it to mean.xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

The Moody1
July 19th, 2008, 05:01 PM
it means whatever the hell i want it to mean.xrulesx xrulesx xrulesx

Deep thinker. xsmiley_wix

D1scout
July 19th, 2008, 06:58 PM
Citdog, did you attend VMI? I read an article a couple of months back about how the freshmen are treated and how hard it is to be a football player there and wonder if it is so?

Footix
July 19th, 2008, 07:06 PM
Deep thinker. xsmiley_wix

They are incapable of such things at El Cid.

TheBisonator
July 19th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Citdog, did you attend VMI?

Hoo boy... Now you're gonna get it from him...xsmiley_wix

DFW HOYA
July 19th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Citdog, did you attend VMI? I read an article a couple of months back about how the freshmen are treated and how hard it is to be a football player there and wonder if it is so?

Here it comes.. xpissedx

Go...gate
July 19th, 2008, 08:44 PM
it's called "having a pair" and not wanting a generic....get it at 1000 places education like the rest of you civilian douches received...

did I just stand up for the Virginia Military Institute? YIKES

Indeed you did. This is the second time I have seen it happen!

spdram
July 19th, 2008, 09:08 PM
I have a tremendous level of respect for the graduates of VMI and would like to see them have some success on the playing fields, as long as they don't beat the Spiders!

I was a runner and whenever we raced the Keydets you knew you better bring your "A" game, one tough bunch! Most grads of the Institute have made very successful lives for themselves.

Way to step up Keydets!

AppHokie
July 20th, 2008, 07:23 PM
Although I am an VT/App Sate grad, I can say I grew up in Lexington VA and knew/know the Institute very well, whether through the admissions, academics or atheletics departments. Having been a recent Charleston resident, I am also familiar with (the) Citadels recent funding for an upgraded stadium.

Both institutions have the challenge of being a "military" school, although neither school has a major focus for the military after college. I know VMI still recognizes the Battle of New Market as their contribution in miltary combat. (The) Citadel is also proud of the "first shot fired" in the Civil War on Fort Sumter.

The point is Citdog, neither school is ahead of the other and both play second fiddle to the real military colleges. As long as both are recognized purely/only as one of the six senior military colleges,

North Georgia College and State University; Dahlonega, Georgia
Norwich University; Northfield, Vermont
Texas A&M University; College Station, Texas
The Citadel; Charleston, South Carolina
Virginia Military Institute; Lexington, Virginia
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University; Blacksburg, Virginia

there is no opportunity to be recognized as either a) an official military institution or b) a legitimate contender in athletics.

VMI has an incredible alumni support that I could only wish App State had (obviously with 12 times the no. of students). Congrads and future sucess in the Big South.

Citdog, please let their success not be your outlet for frustrarion.

Go...gate
July 20th, 2008, 08:52 PM
Although I am an VT/App Sate grad, I can say I grew up in Lexington VA and knew/know the Institute very well, whether through the admissions, academics or atheletics departments. Having been a recent Charleston resident, I am also familiar with (the) Citadels recent funding for an upgraded stadium.

Both institutions have the challenge of being a "military" school, although neither school has a major focus for the military after college. I know VMI still recognizes the Battle of New Market as their contribution in miltary combat. (The) Citadel is also proud of the "first shot fired" in the Civil War on Fort Sumter.

The point is Citdog, neither school is ahead of the other and both play second fiddle to the real military colleges. As long as both are recognized purely/only as one of the six senior military colleges,

there is no opportunity to be recognized as either a) an official military institution or b) a legitimate contender in athletics.

VMI has an incredible alumni support that I could only wish App State had (obviously with 12 times the no. of students). Congrads and future sucess in the Big South.

Thanks for the post! Did not realize this...

citdog
July 21st, 2008, 08:14 AM

THERE IS ONLY ONE REAL CORPS OF CADETS IN VIRGINIA....AND IT SURE AS HELL AI'NT THE PUSSIES AT VA TECH....IT'S THE VAGINAS AT VMI. WEARING YOUR ROTC UNIFORM TO CLASS ONE DAY A WEEK DOES NOT A CADET MAKE. TEXAS a@m IS A JOKE......WHEN WE WERE GOING TO BE FORCED BY THE YANKEE SCUM TO ADMIT "THE FAIRER SEX" a@m SENT ONE OF THEIR "cADETS" TO OBSERVE THE LAST ALL -MALE FOURTH CLASS YEAR.....ON HELL NIGHT HIS EYES WERE AS BIG AROUND AS CAP'N CAT'S FAT ASS. HE SAID "THIS IS NOTHING LIKE TEXAS A@m" "I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING" ETC ETC

WE ARE THE ONLY TWO WITH A SYSTEM, AS WATERED DOWN AS IT IS NOW THAT WE ARE RUINED BY THE "FEMALES POSING AS CADETS", AND THE OTHERS....POSERS.

bodoyle
July 21st, 2008, 08:20 AM
CALL US WHEN YOU'RE NO LONGER AFRAID TO PLAY US.

I could say the same to you.

bodoyle
July 21st, 2008, 08:22 AM

No he didn't get accepted so he went to the wanna-be school.

MplsBison
July 21st, 2008, 08:29 AM
THERE IS ONLY ONE REAL CORPS OF CADETS IN VIRGINIA....AND IT SURE AS HELL AI'NT THE PUSSIES AT VA TECH....IT'S THE VAGINAS AT VMI. WEARING YOUR ROTC UNIFORM TO CLASS ONE DAY A WEEK DOES NOT A CADET MAKE. TEXAS a@m IS A JOKE......WHEN WE WERE GOING TO BE FORCED BY THE YANKEE SCUM TO ADMIT "THE FAIRER SEX" a@m SENT ONE OF THEIR "cADETS" TO OBSERVE THE LAST ALL -MALE FOURTH CLASS YEAR.....ON HELL NIGHT HIS EYES WERE AS BIG AROUND AS CAP'N CAT'S FAT ASS. HE SAID "THIS IS NOTHING LIKE TEXAS A@m" "I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I'M SEEING" ETC ETC

WE ARE THE ONLY TWO WITH A SYSTEM, AS WATERED DOWN AS IT IS NOW THAT WE ARE RUINED BY THE "FEMALES POSING AS CADETS", AND THE OTHERS....POSERS.

I think we can all take comfort in the fact that citdog will eventually die and his way of thinking will not be carried on by the younger generations.

citdog
July 21st, 2008, 09:47 AM

surely you are joking.......

citdog
July 21st, 2008, 09:48 AM
No he didn't get accepted so he went to the wanna-be school.

says a graduate of a second rate university in the white trash capitol of the world

citdog
July 21st, 2008, 09:49 AM
I think we can all take comfort in the fact that citdog will eventually die and his way of thinking will not be carried on by the younger generations.

take comfort in this you dakota douchebag

AmsterBison
July 21st, 2008, 11:48 AM

I can't imagine that MplsBison is a North Dakotan. If he is, I apologize.

Anyway, $3.4 million is a lot of money - is this an every year type deal or are there some special projects going on?

bodoyle
July 21st, 2008, 12:00 PM
says a graduate of a second rate university in the white trash capitol of the world

I guess you like calling your home state white trash? I mean, I'm not disagreeing the state is a trash heap, but still....I don't call Chicago white trash.

citdog
July 21st, 2008, 01:21 PM
I guess you like calling your home state white trash? I mean, I'm not disagreeing the state is a trash heap, but still....I don't call Chicago white trash.

only Horry County.......

IndianaAppMan
July 21st, 2008, 01:33 PM

Uh-oh. Citdog versus MplsBison. Battle between the two *nicest* posters at AGS! xeekx

This could get interesting... xcoolx

citdog
July 21st, 2008, 01:36 PM
Uh-oh. Citdog versus MplsBison. Battle between the two *nicest* posters at AGS! xeekx

This could get interesting... xcoolx

I'M BELOVED HERE.....HE'S AN ASSHOLE......THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!!!!!

Grizalltheway
July 21st, 2008, 01:44 PM

did i just stand up for the V@gina Military Institute? YIKES

And quote Robert Frost in the same post? Double yikes.

Go...gate
July 21st, 2008, 01:57 PM

No need for this kind of statement, Mpls.

OL FU
July 21st, 2008, 02:32 PM
No need for this kind of statement, Mpls.

Don't worry bout it. Cit's already told me to keep an eye on his tomb for a least three days in case the door is a little heavier than he anticipates. xsmiley_wix

Go...gate
July 21st, 2008, 05:51 PM
Don't worry bout it. Cit's already told me to keep an eye on his tomb for a least three days in case the door is a little heavier than he anticipates. xsmiley_wix

Just put some attractive blonde out there. He'll get the door open. xlolx

ATrain
July 21st, 2008, 06:23 PM
I have nothing but the utmost respect for VMI and The Citadel...except when I'm next to VMI fans at LU games, then its on, lol.

Go...gate
July 21st, 2008, 07:17 PM
I have nothing but the utmost respect for VMI and The Citadel...except when I'm next to VMI fans at LU games, then its on, lol.

Hey, that's what it's all about!!