PDA

View Full Version : SEMO at Missouri Game Thread

mizzoufan1
July 18th, 2008, 02:54 PM
Here is a topic that might get some attention...maybe...

SEMO will be playing at Missouri the second week of the season (Sept. 6).

I KNOW SEMO will give Mizzou it's best shot. And it will be the week AFTER Mizzou play Illinois in St. Louis and a week before Nevada comes to town.

The question is does SEMO have a chance?

Cocky
July 18th, 2008, 03:09 PM
Yes

BearsCountry
July 18th, 2008, 11:32 PM
Mizzou will put up 60 to 70 easy. Heck the Bears did it with ease, and Mizzou's offense is even better.

UDBlueLotFan
July 19th, 2008, 07:58 AM

I KNOW SEMO will give Mizzou it's best shot. And it will be the week AFTER Mizzou play Illinois in St. Louis and a week before Nevada comes to town.

Nope,...cont'd sad days at the Cape.

JaxSinfonian
July 19th, 2008, 08:10 AM
I'd like to say yes. But I gotta say no.

Of course, I didn't think they had a chance against us in last year's last game either. The lesson from that: If SEMO plays well and Mizzou craps on themselves, anything could happen.

Houndawg
July 19th, 2008, 10:33 AM

No. They don't have an altar boy's chance in a choir full of priests.

mizzoufan1
July 21st, 2008, 10:06 AM
No. They don't have an altar boy's chance in a choir full of priests.

That is funny...Strange...but funny.

Maroons
July 21st, 2008, 11:29 PM
I mean... of course the Redhawks have a chance. Even if its .002%, they still have a chance. The pigskin has a funny shape and sometimes it bounces funny. There's no reason it couldn't take a lot of funny bounces in one town on one day in one game against the same team.

...but my money is on a blowout in favor of Mizzou.

Squealofthepig
July 22nd, 2008, 12:02 AM
As a Mizzou alum, I have to ask... what the heck is up with this scheduling? I thought Mizzou was trying to build a national program in the bowl division, and it seemed like they were on the right path. As someone who was on the friggin' field during the fifth down against Colorado, I'm very disappointed to where this program has headed - safe waters and a mediocre schedule. Kick some Big Ten (err, eleven) school's butt. Get on Notre Dame's schedule. Take a risk and actually have some guts - it's all like so much nose candy up Quinn Snyder's nose.

No offense to SEMO, but this is merely padding the schedule. Have some actual guts and put someone who has a shot on your schedule. Even if Mizzou wins by a hundred, their RPI suffers, and no amount of Shakespeare's Pizza will actually bring them to any prominence.

TTUEagles
July 22nd, 2008, 09:06 AM
If you go strictly by the teams that they fielded last year, returning players, etc., then I'd say no realistic chance of winning. That's one tall order to ask an OVC team to do...go to a Top 10 team (they are, aren't they?) and win, much less be 'in' the game? This being a team (SEMO) who will most likely be picked to finish last in the OVC at today's media day. And, we all know what most of this board thinks of the OVC...(future thread coming?). As and OVC guy - I'd love to see it, even though we play @ SEMO the next week, but come on...

mizzoufan1
July 22nd, 2008, 10:52 AM
As a Mizzou alum, I have to ask... what the heck is up with this scheduling? I thought Mizzou was trying to build a national program in the bowl division, and it seemed like they were on the right path. As someone who was on the friggin' field during the fifth down against Colorado, I'm very disappointed to where this program has headed - safe waters and a mediocre schedule. Kick some Big Ten (err, eleven) school's butt. Get on Notre Dame's schedule. Take a risk and actually have some guts - it's all like so much nose candy up Quinn Snyder's nose.

No offense to SEMO, but this is merely padding the schedule. Have some actual guts and put someone who has a shot on your schedule. Even if Mizzou wins by a hundred, their RPI suffers, and no amount of Shakespeare's Pizza will actually bring them to any prominence.

I will answer that. If you live in Montana then this would not have crossed the newswires. The Football scheduling is now a formula. Play one game against a FCS team, TWO against Non-BCS FBS teams and one against a BCS team plus the eight conference games.

Here are the Non-Conf. schedules for the next 7 years:
2009: Illinois, BGSU, SMU, @ Nevada
2010: Illinois, McNeese St. @ SMU, OPEN
2011: OPEN, Wyoming, Western Illinois, OPEN
2012: OPEN, OPEN, @ Wyoming, OPEN
2013: OPEN, Toledo, OPEN, OPEN
2014: OPEN, @ Toledo, OPEN, OPEN
2015: OPEN, OPEN, OPEN, OPEN