PDA

View Full Version : All-MEAC & SWAC Performers

Smendy
July 17th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Found this in DD.com's blog (scroll down a few inches to see) -- Top MEAC & SWAC players, listed by position....then they list the top 7 NFL prospects from the HBCU schools, according to National Scouting.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

They do a nice job covering the small schools. I haven't seen too much of these schools, but did catch some games on ESPN-U -- that Lee Robinson of Alcorn State is some talent xthumbsupx

P.S: They have links mentioning a top linebacker from ALabama and Graham Harrell's brother are heading to the FCS, perhaps?

smallcollegefbfan
July 17th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Found this in DD.com's blog (scroll down a few inches to see) -- Top MEAC & SWAC players, listed by position....then they list the top 7 NFL prospects from the HBCU schools, according to National Scouting.

http://www.draftdaddy.com/blog/nfldraft.cfm

They do a nice job covering the small schools. I haven't seen too much of these schools, but did catch some games on ESPN-U -- that Lee Robinson of Alcorn State is some talent xthumbsupx

P.S: They have links mentioning a top linebacker from ALabama and Graham Harrell's brother are heading to the FCS, perhaps?

That would be great to see those 2 join the FCS. Knight would only add to a great group of FCS LBs in Daly, Williams, Banks, Smith, Schantz, Robinson, Mulitalo, Humber, Bannon, Johnson, McBride, Osunde, Goldwire, Weaver, etc.

Smendy
July 17th, 2008, 01:59 PM
That would be great to see those 2 join the FCS. Knight would only add to a great group of FCS LBs in Daly, Williams, Banks, Smith, Schantz, Robinson, Mulitalo, Humber, Bannon, Johnson, McBride, Osunde, Goldwire, Weaver, etc.

Yea, I would assume Knight may look heavily at the SWAC schools. Alcorn State would have quite a tadem with him and Lee Robinson. But, according to the links they posted, his health concerns seem fairly serious. He may be better off doing what that NHL prospect did -- stop playing and focus on something else.

I mean, after the initial shock, he should focus on trying to maintain his health for a long time, instead of risking it all for a few seasons of NFL glory?

SCFBF: Harrell seems more interesting. I wonder if he's willing to sit one season at place like Sam Houston, or if he'll go someplace with no competion at all?