PDA

View Full Version : STUPID QUESTION

SALUKI NATION
July 15th, 2008, 01:36 AM
Are NCAA FCS teams in EA Sports NCAA Football 2009? Like App State, SIU, or Delaware?

Grizzaholic
July 15th, 2008, 02:35 AM
Are NCAA FCS teams in EA Sports NCAA Football 2009? Like App State, SIU, or Delaware?

Maybe.....I am not sure. I do not have teh gaem yet. Sorry.

KiddBrewer
July 15th, 2008, 03:04 AM
they werent last year i dont believe.....

B&G
July 15th, 2008, 07:19 AM
I read on gamefaqs.com that the FCS teams were included. (edit: It looks like FCS teams are only in the PS2 version... and I don't know if the rosters were updated or if Furman STILL has Ingle Martin on their team)

JMU DUUUKES
July 15th, 2008, 07:43 AM
the answer is no they aren't , and yes its annoying, there have been petitions to bring them back, etc . Even all the b ig 1A school message boards complain about lack of FCS teams because its unrealistic on their schedule when they play a team called "FCS East"

Franks Tanks
July 15th, 2008, 07:59 AM
***** the game looks awesome but I will not be buying if FCS teams are not available. I also hate that the historical teams are not available, that is also annoying. Another lack luster effort by EA sports for PS3

ISUMatt
July 15th, 2008, 09:19 AM
I read that the Wii version had almost 200 teams...didnt say if they had FCS or not though

Khan4Cats
July 15th, 2008, 11:17 AM
They ARE on the PS2 version still for this year, even somewhat updated.

From what I can tell, nearly all FCS teams except the non-scholly Pioneer League, the Patriot League, the Great West and the recent transitional teams (XDSU's, UCA) are in.

The rosters are updated, well, to a point. UNI still has Sanders and a bunch of other seniors from last year still listed, along with the seniors-to-be this year listed as seniors as well. Santos is still with UNH, Flacco with Delaware and others. Armanti Edwards is still listed as a sophomore, yikes.

The ratings are much improved. Edwards rates as an 84. Just going off of UNI, there are a few players in the 80's with most starters in the 70's. This compares to most FBS schools that have starters in the mid to low 80's and a few that punch into the 90's. Should make gameplay more realistic than in the past when the FCS schools might get a player or two in the 70's with everyone else in the mid-to low 60's.

Sucks that they haven't updated it for the newer systems, but then again, I don't have to invest in one of those yet, either.

ericsaid
July 15th, 2008, 11:58 AM

From what I can tell, nearly all FCS teams except the non-scholly Pioneer League, the Patriot League, the Great West and the recent transitional teams (XDSU's, UCA) are in.

The rosters are updated, well, to a point. UNI still has Sanders and a bunch of other seniors from last year still listed, along with the seniors-to-be this year listed as seniors as well. Santos is still with UNH, Flacco with Delaware and others. Armanti Edwards is still listed as a sophomore, yikes.

The ratings are much improved. Edwards rates as an 84. Just going off of UNI, there are a few players in the 80's with most starters in the 70's. This compares to most FBS schools that have starters in the mid to low 80's and a few that punch into the 90's. Should make gameplay more realistic than in the past when the FCS schools might get a player or two in the 70's with everyone else in the mid-to low 60's.

Sucks that they haven't updated it for the newer systems, but then again, I don't have to invest in one of those yet, either.

This is exciting.

SIUallDay
July 15th, 2008, 12:20 PM
I bet if 2k sports could make somethin like "College Football 09" or somethin like that, most, if not all FCS teams would be on the game and at respectable quality.....too bad EA Sports just hates competition and has to take over everything and put out ****ty games because there is nothing else to buy.....w/ that being said, I'm still gonna play NCAA football 09 (but I'm not gonna buy it...)

TwinTownBisonFan
July 15th, 2008, 01:44 PM
still no NDSU in the damn game??? are you freaking kidding?

i've been waiting a long damn time to not have to "create a school" my team... i figured a team that was in the MVFC would make the cut.

that sucks

PantherRob82
July 15th, 2008, 05:11 PM
still no NDSU in the damn game??? are you freaking kidding?

i've been waiting a long damn time to not have to "create a school" my team... i figured a team that was in the MVFC would make the cut.

that sucks

I'm not sure the transition happened before development. Also not sure they care. :(

patssle
July 15th, 2008, 05:18 PM
NCAA Football 2008 for the PS3 is a f***ing joke. Very unrealistic gameplay. I'm guranteed to have 3-5 turnovers a game - in the most unlikely scenarios.

TheBisonator
July 15th, 2008, 05:34 PM

Are the XDSU's in the game now that we're in the Missouri Valley??