PDA

View Full Version : Who is No 1?

Phrebert
October 17th, 2005, 09:53 AM
Since Montana(Goodbye top 10) and S Illinois(nice run) lost, is it WKU or Furman?

ChickenMan
October 17th, 2005, 09:54 AM
Cal Poly got my vote...

Catmendue2
October 17th, 2005, 10:03 AM
HAMPTON ;)

OL FU
October 17th, 2005, 10:06 AM
Since Montana(Goodbye top 10) and S Illinois(nice run) lost, is it WKU or Furman?

Not Furman, WKU and Cal-Poly have only lost to I-A.
Hampton if they get to 15-0 :)

bandl
October 17th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Umass gets my vote, because of their amazing defense. Cal-Poly is 2...beat Montana at Montana, then...??? Furman needs a good solid "this-game-is-over-at-halftime-let's-go-tailgate-in-the-parking-lot" win to move up further.

galojay
October 17th, 2005, 10:11 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. WKU I guess is as worthy as anyone, but I wouldn't necessarly say they are #1.

bandl
October 17th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Your guess is as good as mine. WKU I guess is as worthy as anyone, but I wouldn't necessarly say they are #1.

WKU could easily get my #1-#4 vote also...it's tough to really say who is the best of the top 4-5 teams. If I were a fan of 1-4...I'd be happy to be 1, 2, 3 or 4!

X-Factor
October 17th, 2005, 10:46 AM
WKU could easily get my #1-#4 vote also...it's tough to really say who is the best of the top 4-5 teams. If I were a fan of 1-4...I'd be happy to be 1, 2, 3 or 4!

If I was one of those fans I sure as hell wouldn't want to be #1!!!! anything but #1

dbackjon
October 17th, 2005, 10:49 AM
Umass gets my vote, because of their amazing defense. Cal-Poly is 2...beat Montana at Montana, then...??? Furman needs a good solid "this-game-is-over-at-halftime-let's-go-tailgate-in-the-parking-lot" win to move up further.

But look who they have played so far - Richmond, Albany, Rhode Island, Northeastern (all dogs). One good win (James Madison) is offset by the loss to Colgate (a team that lost to Central Connecticut and Dartmouth).

I voted Furman number one right now - but in reality, most teams are now getting to the meat of their schedules - the next few weeks should shake things out quite a bit. Until then, about 15 teams could be #1.

OL FU
October 17th, 2005, 10:50 AM

If it does not happen this week-end, it will not happen.

10/22 Elon Home
11/05 @ Georgia Southern
11/12 Wofford home
11/19 @ Chattanooga.

Killtoppers90
October 17th, 2005, 10:59 AM
If I was one of those fans I sure as hell wouldn't want to be #1!!!! anything but #1

Being a fan of WKU, I don't want to be #1 nor do I think we are the best team in the league but we are close. I'd rather be #1 in late December! :D

bandl
October 17th, 2005, 11:05 AM

Fans of Cal-Poly were complaining about their 'low' ranking last week...let's give them #1 before their game against Montana!!!! :D

blackfordpu
October 17th, 2005, 11:06 AM
WKU got my vote.

AppGuy04
October 17th, 2005, 11:14 AM
If it does not happen this week-end, it will not happen.

10/22 Elon Home
11/05 @ Georgia Southern
11/12 Wofford home
11/19 @ Chattanooga.

Elon and Chat both should be over by halftime

OL FU
October 17th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Elon and Chat both should be over by halftime

Elon I would agree. I think Chat on road with Furman playing up or down to the competition could spell trouble.

AppGuy04
October 17th, 2005, 11:24 AM
Elon I would agree. I think Chat on road with Furman playing up or down to the competition could spell trouble.

its still Furman v Chat, enough said

i think part of the problem with you guys is the swagger is gone, you would normally be rolling over these teams

Mad Boom
October 17th, 2005, 11:37 AM
WKU is 1, Furman 2, Cal Poly 3, Texas State 4

We are #1 right now. Don't let these overly modest Topper fans sway your opinion.

OL FU
October 17th, 2005, 11:51 AM

i think part of the problem with you guys is the swagger is gone, you would normally be rolling over these teams

Nah, just a touch of realism. If someone would have told me Friday that 14 points would have been the difference at the end of the third quarter, I would have said that sounds about right. Never would have guess the team on top would have been the Citadel. I am convinced this team is good. I am also convinced that we play to the level of our opponent. Hope it changes this week.

Eaglegus2
October 17th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Nah, just a touch of realism. If someone would have told me Friday that 14 points would have been the difference at the end of the third quarter, I would have said that sounds about right. Never would have guess the team on top would have been the Citadel. I am convinced this team is good. I am also convinced that we play to the level of our opponent. Hope it changes this week.

Playing Elon, you don't need to play down to their level. You need to has this game over by halftime.

The Nov. 5th game will tell how much grit Furman has in its craw. :nod:

TexasTerror
October 17th, 2005, 12:03 PM
$10 says it's Western Kentucky... ;)

AZGrizFan
October 17th, 2005, 12:32 PM
Fans of Cal-Poly were complaining about their 'low' ranking last week...let's give them #1 before their game against Montana!!!! :D

I agree! That might be the only chance Montana has against them :eek: :eek:

Killtoppers90
October 17th, 2005, 12:35 PM
WKU is 1, Furman 2, Cal Poly 3, Texas State 4

We are #1 right now. Don't let these overly modest Topper fans sway your opinion.

Yo Noob! I have been here a while and have followed the Tops for longer, and when I say we aren't playing like a #1 - bank on it! I love the Toppers - truly I do! But don't take my comments as modesty - take them based on how we are playing. We are getting better (at the right times) and healthier as well. And if we continue to win like we have been we can have a strong vote for #1 but we still have a long season ahead of us.

OL FU
October 17th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Playing Elon, you don't need to play down to their level. You need to has this game over by halftime.

The Nov. 5th game will tell how much grit Furman has in its craw. :nod:

They have proven how much grit they have. 6 wins with four going down to the last play. However, I agree, they will have to prove it, at least, one more time on the 5th.

atlGAmocs
October 17th, 2005, 02:05 PM

App Guy04 don't forget the 59 that Chattanooga hung on your Mountaineers last year. The Mocs may not be the class of the SoCon but they are a much improved team over the one that scored 59 on ASU. That being said I do believe Furman will win. I would give Furman my #1 vote. At the end of the year it doesn't matter how you win it just matters that you win.

Mad Boom
October 17th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Noob (nub) n: is the sound made when a web nazi needs a boost of esteem.

Ok, since when did football fans start using words like "noob?" Come on! You're a WKU fan. Represent.

Toppers are number 1. Learn it. Know it. Live it

swaghook
October 17th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Noob (nub) n: is the sound made when a web nazi needs a boost of esteem.

Ok, since when did football fans start using words like "noob?" Come on! You're a WKU fan. Represent.

Toppers are number 1. Learn it. Know it. Live it

Most posters have more respect for those from other teams that aren't homers.

Mad Boom
October 18th, 2005, 04:26 AM
I get no respect because I think WKU is #1 and I'm a WKU fan? Ok, I defer to the 120 voters who have voted WKU #1 in the three 3 major polls. Please accept my heartfelt apologies for not being politically correct. I will make sure to close all further posts with "I'm sorry" to placate any others with such fragile emotions. Maybe I'll even start throwing in some web terms like n00b and Hax0r just to fit in.

Ripping my fellow WKU fans is by no means a crime in this case. I have to deal with it constantly on the Hilltopper Haven (http://www.hilltopperhaven.com/board/viewforum.php?f=14) boards. For some reason we have these outliers who can't accept victory with out an appology.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome. I look forward to posting in the future.

Killtoppers90
October 18th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Ripping my fellow WKU fans is by no means a crime in this case. I have to deal with it constantly on the Hilltopper Haven boards. For some reason we have these outliers who can't accept victory with out an appology.

Hey Boom,

I "represent" WKU every day of my life my friend. I don't apologise for WKU winning, unless it is uncalled for (ie EKU). We have yet to put together a complete game this season and the closest we got was Auburn! So based on that WKU isn't the #1 team in the country - but they are ALWAYS #1 with me. So before you tell me to "represent" (sounding like a thug) you had better (using the same thug slang) check yoself! And telling me "represent" as I used the term "noob" just shows that you know NOTHING. I said "Gooday Sir!" But I do look forward to more REALISTIC posts form you Boomer!