PDA

View Full Version : Clemson Writer Thinks "Citadel won't be that much of a challenge"

Lehigh Football Nation
July 10th, 2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/jul/10/clemson_citadel47031/

A week later, the triumphant heroes return home to face ... The Citadel.

No offense, Bulldogs. But Clemson faithful can think of better non-conference foes to spend their time and gas money watching.

It's just that, some fans expect a little more when they fork out the cash to buy season tickets, parking spots and fuel.

What, was Appalachian State not available?

The Bulldogs could make this one interesting for a while, particularly because Clemson will be coming off such an emotional game against Alabama the week before. But it's hard to imagine this one being close in the second half. The Tigers simply have too much speed on both sides of the ball.

Prediction

Clemson 45, The Citadel 17

Cue Citdog in 5... 4... 3... 2...

citdog
July 10th, 2008, 09:38 AM
http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/jul/10/clemson_citadel47031/

Cue Citdog in 5... 4... 3... 2...

THOSE ****ING FARMERS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S MARCHING INTO THE BACKCOUNTRY OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO OPPOSE THEM. WE'RE GONNA STEAL THEIR GIRLFRIENDS...AFTER WE KNOCK THEIR DAMN FOOTBALL TEAM RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!

jonmac
July 10th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Don't hold back citdog, tell us how you really feel.

Millwoch
July 10th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I can't disagree with that. We lost our 3 best defensive players from last year and 3 of 4 best offensive players. We will not be good!?!

I hope that is hanging up in Bowden's office right now. They can all treat it like a bye week. The fans can stay home and the team can prepare for their next opponent.

WCU LawCat
July 10th, 2008, 09:46 AM
I wouldn't expect the Citadel to fall off this season. Not sure if they will be better but i don't expect to see them fall off. They deserve a pre season ranking.

On the same note I have them picked higher in the SoCon than Wofford, Furman, and GSU.

DLS
July 10th, 2008, 10:56 AM
why are they bitching about gas and ticket prices like the people deserve better.

clemson is not the only ones scheduling an FCS team in there conference.

its official, im offended.

GSUhooligan
July 10th, 2008, 04:15 PM
What's the big deal? Citadel won't be that much of a challenge for Clemson. xwhistlex

Ivytalk
July 10th, 2008, 04:20 PM
THOSE ****ING FARMERS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT'S MARCHING INTO THE BACKCOUNTRY OF SOUTH CAROLINA TO OPPOSE THEM. WE'RE GONNA STEAL THEIR GIRLFRIENDS...AFTER WE KNOCK THEIR DAMN FOOTBALL TEAM RIGHT IN THE MOUTH!

Coach Bowden is toast, no question about it!

xoutofrepx

TheValleyRaider
July 10th, 2008, 04:52 PM
At least they used "The" xreadx

Go...gate
July 10th, 2008, 05:17 PM

xthumbsupx xnodx I hate it when dumba$$ writers who never put on a uniform spew out that sh-t. I will be rooting for The Citadel that day and hope you beat them.

KiddBrewer
July 10th, 2008, 08:33 PM
i really dont like clemson anyway...........so beat their a$$

Seawolf97
July 10th, 2008, 09:17 PM
xthumbsupx xnodx I hate it when dumba$$ writers who never put on a uniform spew out that sh-t. I will be rooting for The Citadel that day and hope you beat them.

I second that xthumbsupx

catdaddy2402
July 10th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Dang. In the hometown paper written by a hometown (Wando) writer no less.

I expect it to be like every other FCS game under Bowden. Closer than Clemson fans would like, but never in any real doubt.

furpal87
July 10th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Clemson also plays SC State, I'd be more insulted by that game.

ericsaid
July 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM
45-35 Clemsonxsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

Lehigh Football Nation
July 11th, 2008, 01:28 PM
And another one: kinder, but still:

http://www.upstatetoday.com/news/2008/jul/11/clemson-should-have-no-problem-bulldogs-bite/

The Citadel is coming off its best season in 15 years and enthusiasm is high in Charleston for head coach Kevin Higgins and his team. However, coming to Clemson at anytime isn’t a good formula for SoCon teams. The Tigers have not lost to a team from the Southern Conference since it left the conference to join the ACC in 1952. In fact, the Bulldogs have only beaten Clemson five times (29-5-1) in 35 meetings overall, including a 38-0 loss in their last trip to Death Valley in 2000. This year’s trip should not be much better, though The Citadel did give No. 7 Wisconsin a scare in Madison last year, 45-31. The Bulldogs actually had that game tied at 21-21 at one point.

Clemson, however, is a little more familiar with The Citadel and should be ready to play in front of a large crowd to open the home schedule. The Tigers may struggle some early, but not for long, and will cruise to an easy victory.

Prediction

Clemson 45, The Citadel 7

OL FU
July 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Last year we lose 38-10

We outgain the Tigers by a few yards. Good guys 384 Bad guys 377
We hold there dynamic duo rushing attack to 60 yards and have the ball for about 10 minutes more than they do.

But we turned the ball over 5 times to their 1. Even if that number is equalized, we don't beat them because we couldn't stop them from completing passes. (and we haven't beat them since the 30'sxbawlingx) But shrink the difference in that number and it is a much closer game. If the Citadel can hang on to the ball there is no reason why they should not put a fright in the Death Valley crowd.

OL FU
July 11th, 2008, 02:28 PM
45-35 Clemsonxsmhx xsmhx xsmhx

I might be wrong but hopefully they will keep the Tiggers in the 20 point range. If the puttycats score 45 points I don't think the dogs will be within 10. I know they did it against Wisconsin last year, but usually Clemson has a defense that can keep you from scoring. I do think the dogs can stay within ten if every thing bounces right but I doubt it if the Pickenese put up 45:)

Appaholic
July 11th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Clempson will fokking crush them....Blanchard will be lost for the season before end of 1st quarter......and the secondary will be swapping Roberts for cigarettes before halftime.....but, hey, I may be going to the game with Citdog...should be entertaining.....xsmiley_wix

OL FU
July 11th, 2008, 02:35 PM
Clempson will fokking crush them....Blanchard will be lost for the season before end of 1st quarter......and the secondary will be swapping Roberts for cigarettes before halftime.....but, hey, I may be going to the game with Citdog...should be entertaining.....xsmiley_wix

xeekx xeekx xeekx so that's what he looks like when he isn't in disguisexlolx

Appaholic
July 11th, 2008, 02:37 PM
xeekx xeekx xeekx so that's what he looks like when he isn't in disguisexlolx

Yeah.....he's the handsome, svelte greek god wearing the Appalachian hat.....xwhistlex

OL FU
July 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Yeah.....he's the handsome, svelte greek god wearing the Appalachian hat.....xwhistlex

Then why isn't he passed out on a picnic tablexconfusedx

Appaholic
July 11th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Then why isn't he passed out on a picnic tablexconfusedx

He was busy puking behind the truck....xnodx

Appaholic
July 11th, 2008, 02:47 PM
But seriously......I'll be pulling hard for El Cid and will absolutely love it when the silence in Death Valley is deafening.......as the stunned rednecks stumble back to their cars in disbelief, mumbling about the ghosts of Danny Ford, Homer Jordan and Perry Tuttle...oh, and sanctions.....

But in the writer's defense.......xeyebrowx

OL FU
July 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
A SoCon team hasn't beat the Tiggers since they left for the ACC. That means every year the odds get a little betterxnodx

If does mean that doesn't itxeyebrowx xrotatehx xconfusedx

Appaholic
July 11th, 2008, 03:23 PM
A SoCon team hasn't beat the Tiggers since they left for the ACC. That means every year the odds get a little betterxnodx

If does mean that doesn't itxeyebrowx xrotatehx xconfusedx

3 kinds of lie.....lies, damn lies, and statistics...I think that's Disraeli....

OL FU
July 11th, 2008, 03:36 PM
3 kinds of lie.....lies, damn lies, and statistics...I think that's Disraeli....

I suppose we proved that last yearxbawlingx