PDA

View Full Version : Steve Silva WAlter Payton WAtch List

justballn21
October 16th, 2005, 11:09 AM
I don't know about many of the other candidates yet because I haven't ventured onto the Walter Payton website, but Steve Silva for Holy Cross just had 357 all-purpose yards against Dartmouth, and I believe 150 were on punt returns alone. Anyone else know of any Walter PAyton hopefuls and how they did yesterday?

cosmo here
October 16th, 2005, 01:13 PM
I don't know about many of the other candidates yet because I haven't ventured onto the Walter Payton website, but Steve Silva for Holy Cross just had 357 all-purpose yards against Dartmouth, and I believe 150 were on punt returns alone. Anyone else know of any Walter PAyton hopefuls and how they did yesterday?

then I would recommend venturing over to the Walter Payton website.

http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/payton/payton05.aspx

breezy
October 16th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Steve Silva has to have moved up considerably on the basis of his performance this weekend -- 353 all-purpose yards, being involved in TDs on a rush, a pass to a wide receiver and a punt return. Steve has made quite a splash this year, and I think he has to rank near the top of the list.

TxSt02
October 16th, 2005, 06:23 PM
actually i would give Silva my vote if I had one as best running back out of the group... probably top 4 finisher easy!

blukeys
October 16th, 2005, 08:54 PM
I would still take Omar Cuff over Silva and I saw both in the same game but Silva definitely deserves to be on the watch list. Silva does do it all for his team other than playing the clarinet in the marching band at half time. ;)

colgate13
October 16th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Steve gets another chance to make his case this weekend. Of course, we all at Colgate hope to keep the only Patriot League Paytons right here in Hamilton. ;)

grizband
October 17th, 2005, 11:30 AM
Erik Meyer made a pretty good case to win the award against Montana, when he threw for 395 yards and 5 touchdowns.