PDA

View Full Version : Mizzou State at Youngstown State Predictions

FlyYtown
October 16th, 2005, 10:15 AM
Missouri State is 3-3. But they IMHO are as good as anyone in the conference. This is the biggest game by far for YSU this season. They are 6-1 but 2 of those wins were 4th quarter come from behind conference wins at home. This is another big home game. Its homecoming and the hall of fame game. A very large crowd is expected for this game on a busy day in Youngstown as 30,000-35,000 tour the new Youngstown Convocation Center just 5 minutes away.

Anyways This game is going to be decided by a few points.
Again the 12th Man; the Fans; will get the Penguins a victory.
If YSU plays like they did last night; they won't win; but if they actully score TD'S instead of FG's and Missed FG'S in the redzone they will win.

YSU-28
MSU-24

Deep Throat
October 16th, 2005, 12:06 PM
The Bears have a lot of talent this year, mostly on offense, but it's wasted by the coaches. Coach Ball and his staff are (hopefully) in their last season.

YSU outcoaches and outplays us this Saturday, 34 - 20.

wlj989s
October 16th, 2005, 12:11 PM
I think our loss to WKU woke up the ghosts of seasons past.
That said, this team is too talented not to give a good fight. And I think, with the heat coach Ball is taking for the playcalling, it might all change.

MSU 31
YSU 28 OT

ysubigred
October 16th, 2005, 02:07 PM
It all depends on which YSU team shows up. The WIU Penguins team will not fare well against MSU.

FlyYtown
October 16th, 2005, 10:09 PM
3 Things Need to Happen.

1. We score in the redzone.

2. We get our pass defense together.

3. We get a huge crowd.

Paladin1aa
October 17th, 2005, 12:35 PM
I like YSU in this one to go to 7-1.

Missouri St. has shown they can play with the big boys in the GFC. However , while MSU has a good O club, YSU leads the GFC in D..

You know what they say -- O sells tickets, but D wins championships.

YSU 24-21.

da_bears
October 19th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Mizzou is trademarked by Missouri-Columbia and the media is not to use Mizzou State when refering to MS.

But back to the game. should be a good one. MS has played some good games agains UNI, SIU, and WKU in the last 3 weeks. YSU has the homefield so that should give them the edge but i think MS has a 35% chance of winning.

prediction YSU, 24-17

galojay
October 19th, 2005, 12:24 AM
WIU game definitely showed some weaknesses of YSU. I am terrible at predicting games, but I give Mizzou State (I love doing anything that annoys and pisses off BCS schools) the slight nod. Maybe its just because I want to see some YSU fans humbled with all their 7-1 predictions.

FlyYtown
October 19th, 2005, 05:49 AM
Galojay. Yes YSU Played awful and showed their weaknesses but if you were at that game you could see how 1 step made it a 2 point difference in the end.

The pass defense was a joke; but WIU has NFL Capable backs in #85 and some big tight ends. On 3rd down and long; which for this purpose is longer than 10 yards; they ran some tricky routes down the field and almost every time someone was wide open and by the time the ball was going to them we were a step off. But our run defense was great.

MSU Runs the ball and they do it fairly well and if we can stop it like we have in every game I think we don't need to worry. But if they implement a solid passing attack were in trouble if our Defense hasn't learned.

The YSU Running Game may have a field day if MSU gives up that average 185.7 yards per game. The Penguins Average 208.7 but Mason and Moquante Gibson find the hole and break it within seconds and they are gone. Both I-A Transfers

The homecoming and Hall of Fame game should be very big and I continue to say that is the 12th man that fuels YSU in the 4th quarter.

Trust Me Heacock will get Zetts to complete the passes and this D to step their asses up.

GO PENGUINS

Paladin1aa
October 19th, 2005, 09:46 AM
For old galojay, when YSU goes to 7-1, then I'll make SOME REAL PREDICTIONS. :p

These first 8 games have been scripted just the way most of us thought.

The last 3 games could be the SHOCK of I-AA FB this year. :D