PDA

View Full Version : More SoCon tv games in 2008

catamount man
July 6th, 2008, 06:15 PM
While awaiting CSS's official release, I did find the following from browsing various websites.

AUG 30 MARS HILL at FURMAN
SEP 27 CHATTANOOGA at FURMAN
SEP 27 WOFFORD at GEORGIA SOUTHERN
NOV 8 SAMFORD at GEORGIA SOUTHERN
NOV 22 FURMAN at WOFFORD

all to be shown on CSS. Official schedule should be out soon.

gophoenix
July 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM
And Elon officially moves to the tail end of televised games for 2008. No televised games our first four years, one last year, one this year.

The Cats
July 6th, 2008, 08:45 PM
And Elon officially moves to the tail end of televised games for 2008. No televised games our first four years, one last year, one this year.

You could always do what Furman and GaSo (GSU belongs to Ga State) are doing - "produce" the games yourself...... (produce = pay CSS to carry the games).

ButlerGSU
July 7th, 2008, 08:22 AM
You could always do what Furman and GaSo (GSU belongs to Ga State) are doing - "produce" the games yourself...... (produce = pay CSS to carry the games).

Actually, we don't 'pay' CSS anything but our communication students do gain a wealth of real world experience helping broadcast those games.

SoCon48
July 7th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Actually, we don't 'pay' CSS anything but our communication students do gain a wealth of real world experience helping broadcast those games.

That's contrary to an e-mail reply I got from the SoCon commish, Imarino when I asked why ASU wasn't in any of those. He said CSS and GSU purchase the CSS games.

Lehigh Football Nation
July 7th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Dumb question: still no way for CSS games to be available on regular if you're not in the local area?

I ask since I have the capability for FCS-Atlantic, FCS-South, etc. on my Verizon FIOS.

I think you can get these games as a part of CSTV XXL and/or the SoCon's online TV package. But of course I'd prefer having it on regular TV.

gophoenix
July 7th, 2008, 11:05 AM

That might work, except there isn't a station to run them on in the Triad since the Triad cable companies dropped the regional sports channels.

I just would think the SoCon would try to not only get the big games aired, but try and get games aired for far away games (UTC/Elon or UTC/The Citadel come to mind).

The Cats
July 7th, 2008, 03:42 PM
That's contrary to an e-mail reply I got from the SoCon commish, Imarino when I asked why ASU wasn't in any of those. He said CSS and GSU purchase the CSS games.

Guess the secret's out on GaSo now....... "they pay to play" on CSS!!!!!

SoCon48
July 7th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Shades of our favorite (former) New York governor. Probably about the same amount of $$, too.