PDA

View Full Version : Who will rise to the top?

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 15th, 2005, 07:26 PM
I am very bewildered. :confused:

So many teams seem like they are emerging as great teams only to slip away. Obviously I speak of JMU and Montana this week, but also NHU last week, and the Silukis and Hilltoppers aren't exactly runnning the table either.

So tell me your thoughts on who will rise to the top. I really don't see a clear cut front runner. Many teams have different talents to bring to the table. Umass has the Defense. NHU has the offense (I think the weather in Williamsburg is partly to blame for their lackluster performance).

Just interested in hearing everyone's thoughts, homerism aside please.

My 2 cents: CalPoly has the team to beat right now, and NDSU might still make some noise. The West has more depth this year than the East IMO. The typical powerhouses are suspect.

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 07:27 PM
I would say UMass should get some thoughts about them entering the top 5.

TxSt02
October 15th, 2005, 07:30 PM
Im concerned about our next couple games... If we win our next two games against NW St and Nicholls St we will be poised to make a really nice run!

Chi Panther
October 15th, 2005, 07:32 PM
Although some wins are more impressive than others.....a win is a win.....

Coastal89
October 15th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I don't know how high they should rise but Coastal is the come back team of the year it seems.

4th Quarter come backs
Down by 10 to JMU CCU wins 31-28
Down by 10 to SCSU CCU wins 24-23
Down by 10 to GWU CCU wins in OT 34-31

JALMOND
October 15th, 2005, 07:45 PM
Hands down, Cal Poly is the best right now. Their only loss is to I-A and they destroyed NDSU, at the time a top 10 I-AA team. Upsets ruling all over the place in I-AA, but Cal Poly has risen up to the challenge every time. Tough team, good scheduling, I can't see how anyone could say they are not the best right now.

Now, mustang fans, that might change next week...but right now I say you are the best.

Paladin1aa
October 15th, 2005, 08:24 PM
Considering all the losses , I don't see how YSU is kept out of the Top 10.

They just keep winning and at 6-1 and winning easy, its a no brainer now.

Of course , they aren't East Coast !! :D

FlyYtown
October 15th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Winning Easy. If they play again from here on out they will be 6-5 in 4 weeks.

But if they play like they did last week...

http://mc878.photosite.com/~photos/tn/17_348.ts1126601686000.jpg
Will be the team to catch in 4 weeks.

colgate13
October 15th, 2005, 08:52 PM
A two point win over Western Illinois is easy?

Nice win, nice 6-1 record. But not easy today.

rcny46
October 15th, 2005, 08:57 PM
I am very bewildered. :confused:

So many teams seem like they are emerging as great teams only to slip away. Obviously I speak of JMU and Montana this week, but also NHU last week, and the Silukis and Hilltoppers aren't exactly runnning the table either.

So tell me your thoughts on who will rise to the top. I really don't see a clear cut front runner. Many teams have different talents to bring to the table. Umass has the Defense. NHU has the offense (I think the weather in Williamsburg is partly to blame for their lackluster performance).

Just interested in hearing everyone's thoughts, homerism aside please.

My 2 cents: CalPoly has the team to beat right now, and NDSU might still make some noise. The West has more depth this year than the East IMO. The typical powerhouses are suspect.

I wasn't in Williamsburg when UNH played W&M,but the weather for their game with URI today was played in weather conditions that were at least as bad and they had no problems on offence that I could see.I would place Cal Poly on top right now,with WKU in the #2 spot.

X-Factor
October 15th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Please AGS voters, DONT, and I repeat DONT, vote Cal Poly #1 next week.....I dont want them to get jinxed like every other #1 so far, even though I think they probably are the #1 ;) :D