PDA

View Full Version : W&M/Northeastern

lugo02
October 15th, 2005, 04:08 PM
Game tied at 38 going into 2nd OT
W&M had to score 21 points in the 4th Qtr to tie game

Wmbgskip
October 15th, 2005, 04:10 PM
Jake Phillips, 5 TDs (4 Passing, One Rushing) leaps into the end zone in Double OT.

W&M 44
Northeastern 41

Final.

Wow...I need a drink.

--Skip

lugo02
October 15th, 2005, 04:17 PM
Good comeback for W&M

Personally I was hoping for some upsets today that would give the PL a better chance for an At-Large bid.

Hopefully
The Citadel over Furman in OT
App St over GSU
Gardner-webb over CCU

Tribe4SF
October 15th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Jake Phillips was absolutely incredible for the Tribe today. Did everything we thought he was capable of, and under difficult circumstances. He was unquestionably the best player on the field.

I believe the job is his.

Parsons is indeed a quirky place. Had a great time tailgating with NU Hoop Fan and NU Guy.

Alum in 51
October 15th, 2005, 08:39 PM
The rain stops in the third quarter, and Northeastern scores three consecutive touchdowns to take a 21-point lead. The rain starts up again and William and Mary scores three consecutive touchdowns to tie the game. Both place kickers miss filed goal attempts. For the second time in two years, NU loses to W&M in overtime.

May I say that this Huskies fan is not going to miss you guys for the next two years.

It wasa great character game for the Tribe in being able to come back after trailing so big late in the game, but a lot of this is on the Northeastern coaching staff. For the second week in a row I have stood in a cold, driving rainstorm to see a second rate effort by a staff that has not been able to get its act together. :bang:

To paraphrase a recent NU hockey chant, "Rocky Must Go!"

The answer is, ball control.
The question: How do you increase your chances of winning a game when you are up by three touchdowns in the third quarter.

The answer is, clock management.
The question: How do you increase your chances of winning a game when you are up by three touchdowns in the third quarter.

The answer is, get the plays in to the quarterback in time.

The answer is, give the ball to the large tailback who has been running all over the filed for most of the game, and not the undersized tailback who cannot outrun a linebacker.

:deadhorse

Edited to read: And don't even get me started on the whole prevent defense thing.

Tribe4SF
October 15th, 2005, 10:41 PM
Jake Phillips today.

Entered the game with less than 6 minutes in third quarter.

18-20......256 yards......4 TDs

9 carries for 32 yards and 1 TD

Season QB rating now 214.39 on 46 of 57 passing

TheValleyRaider
October 16th, 2005, 12:18 AM
To paraphrase a recent NU hockey chant, "Rocky Must Go!"

So is that what NU fans will chant now that Crowder has, in fact, gone? ;)

Alum in 51
October 16th, 2005, 07:10 PM
So is that what NU fans will chant now that Crowder has, in fact, gone? ;)
By the end of this season, I think so. :D