PDA

View Full Version : Atlantic 10 Week 7 Scores

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 10:51 AM
I will keep updating this post throughout the day...

Scores
Rhode Island 9 at #8 New Hampshire 53 FINAL
#4 James Madison 7 at #13 Massachusetts10 FINAL
#22 Delaware 10 at Richmond 20 FINAL
Villanova 38 at Bucknell 10 FINAL
Maine 0 at Hofstra 44 FINAL
#11 William & Mary 44 at Northeastern 41 FINAL-2OT
Towson 38 at Liberty 17

Standings
North Division
Massachusetts (4-0, 5-1)
New Hampshire (3-1, 5-1)
Hofstra (2-1, 4-2)
Rhode Island (1-3, 3-4)
Northeastern (1-3, 1-5)
Maine (0-3, 2-4)
South Division
Richmond (3-1, 3-3)
James Madison (2-1, 4-2)
William & Mary (2-1, 4-2)
Towson (2-2, 5-2)
Villanova (1-2, 3-3)
Delaware (0-3, 3-3)

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 04:52 PM
Please post comments on this thread on how events in today's A10 games have or may shape the future of the season...

umassfan
October 15th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Okay now that Richmond is 3-1 in the A10... maybe our win vs them looks even better... Colgate has even picked it up... before you know it we will no longer have any bad losses. Big game next week at Maine... lets get some black bears.

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 04:58 PM
After this week I believe that the A10 will get three playoff teams in:
Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and James Madison or William & Mary.

Two HUGE games for the A10 barring any upsets of those stated above:
Oct. 29 New Hampshire at Massachusetts
Nov. 5 James Madison at William & Mary

I can also see JMU being upset by Delaware and/or Richmond in the upcoming games if its offense does not get its act together in a hurry. Today looked like the pathetic Dukes of old with how poorly the offense played.

mainejeff
October 15th, 2005, 05:09 PM
Do not count out Hofstra yet.

ChickenMan
October 15th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I can also see JMU being upset by Delaware

apparently you have not seen Delaware play lately... this UD team is getting worse not better... as the season moves on.

TigerFan17
October 15th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Towson up 14-3 in 2nd quarter.

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 06:45 PM
Towson up 14-3 in 2nd quarter.

:eek: You all are not winning by more? :p

TigerFan17
October 15th, 2005, 06:54 PM
21-3 now :p

Kosty
October 15th, 2005, 07:18 PM
Boy, it looks like the Chickens are done for the year. I can't wait to go down to Newark and roast up some birds.

UNH looks to have rebounded against a decent Rhody team. I think the A-10 title may come down to that UNH game in Amherst. I can only hope they fix the turf somehow.....maybe laying some new sod or something. Hopefully in the offseason they will lay that new field turf they have been talking about getting in Amherst. The good thing is that we don't have a home game next week so that gives the ground crew two weeks to get it in better shape for when the Wildcats come for a visit!!!

That being said, I see UMass jumping in to the top ten and UD falling all the way out of the top 25.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
October 15th, 2005, 07:37 PM
While I still question how good UMass really is, I can't imagine them getting beat with their remaining schedule, aside from UNH. But the UNH game being in Amherst definitely plays into the hands of the Minutemen.

It's a remote possibility that 4 A-10 teams could get in, but highly unlikely. But there's a lot of football. The bottom feeders are rising, and making every week tough. No more cupcakes. Well, maybe Maine is getting there. But Towson has momentum! Congrats Tigers! Welcome to the conference at last...

Meanwhile, if W&M keeps playing up and down, they could crack any given week. JMU needs to play every game at home to win this year apparently. And UD doesn't even have a home right now. Very quirky year.

The drama is FAAAaaaaaar from over yet!

If JMU doesn't somehow drop out of the top 10 (probably 12-14 I think), then we'll have 4 top 10 teams, and with the A10 having their OOC struggles, that says a lot about how the rest of the country's conferences are playing. :cool:

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 10:53 PM
Towson 38 at Liberty 17

Did the Tigers take it easy on them and play a lot of backups?

Maroon&White
October 15th, 2005, 11:06 PM
While I still question how good UMass really is

:eyebrow:

Damn.... Bruno, the field, the refs, and JMU coaches holding back all cost ya'll the game. UMass is trash :)

But the UNH game being in Amherst definitely plays into the hands of the Minutemen.

Some teams have homefield advantage because of packed houses and such, UMass' is they can play in mud.

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 11:12 PM
Some teams have homefield advantage because of packed houses and such, UMass' is they can play in mud.

What was the attendance of today's game in Amherst? Also, what is the seating capacity for McGuirk Stadium?

Maroon&White
October 15th, 2005, 11:14 PM
What was the attendance of today's game in Amherst? Also, what is the seating capacity for McGuirk Stadium?

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 11:15 PM

I am surprised you all couldn't get a sellout for this game. Was there any reason why the attendance was surprisingly low or is this the usual attendance at a UMass home game?

Maroon&White
October 15th, 2005, 11:17 PM
I am surprised you all couldn't get a sellout for this game. Was there any reason why the attendance was surprisingly low or is this the usual attendance at a UMass home game?

It was raining. Fair-weather fans. Was the total low yes, suprisingly low probably not, like I said most are fair-weather fans. That and you aren't getting the students up there for a noon game.

JMU Duke Dog
October 15th, 2005, 11:20 PM
It was raining. Fair-weather fans. Was the total low yes, suprisingly low probably not, like I said most are fair-weather fans. That and you aren't getting the students up there for a noon game.

Are you expecting 17,000 strong for the upcoming New Hampshire game in two weeks? That game will be huge, and that opposing team should be able to bring more fans.

Maroon&White
October 15th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Are you expecting 17,000 strong for the upcoming New Hampshire game in two weeks? That game will be huge, and that opposing team should be able to bring more fans.

Expecting no, hoping yes. But again its a noon game so don't expect many students.

Biggest crowds this year were 10,177 against Albany and 15,314 against URI, both night games. NU only drew 4,257 :(

Pretty sad, but not a ton you can do about it. If it's raining only the 'hard-core' fans (about 4,000 of them) will come, if it's too early (noon), no students will show up.

Maroon&White
October 15th, 2005, 11:25 PM
The 11th largest crowd for a game was 16,405 vs. Colgate last year, a night game. Never had a 'sell-out' of 17,000, but 8 crowds larger then that, 20,000 being the biggest in '72 vs. BC