Hey most of us still don't know the difference. xsmiley_wix

Ahh, sure you do.

smallcollegefbfan
June 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
Ahh, sure you do.

No I don't. I need him to constantly explain the difference haha. :D

TonkaBison
June 23rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
I sure would like to know who it is at The Sporting News who dislikes us so much and seems to have such a high opinion of Montana? Oh well finally it gets decided on the field this year and not in the !@#$% polls!

Tribe4SF
June 23rd, 2008, 10:28 PM
I sure would like to know who it is at The Sporting News who dislikes us so much and seems to have such a high opinion of Montana? Oh well finally it gets decided on the field this year and not in the !@#$% polls!

That would be Mr.C, and his advisors, but I don't know what you're complaining about. Look at N. Iowa ranked #12 by Lindy's!!xeekx

UNHWildCats
June 23rd, 2008, 10:34 PM
That would be Mr.C, and his advisors, but I don't know what you're complaining about. Look at N. Iowa ranked #12 by Lindy's!!xeekx
Is The Sporting News different than The Sports Network

elkmcc
June 23rd, 2008, 10:45 PM

Pac10jim thinks that it is probably the same people who know that the Griz have been ranked in the preseason top 10 for the last consecutive 15 years and top 5 for the last ten consecutive years.

Pac10jim also thinks that you wouldn't know these facts because you haven't been wasting air and space with your presence on this planet for that long.

BDKJMU
June 23rd, 2008, 11:02 PM

Mr. C works for the SPORTS NETWORK. The SPORTING NEWS is an entirely different entity.

Tribe4SF
June 24th, 2008, 05:02 AM
:o I knew that!:o

Scooter
June 24th, 2008, 06:34 AM
I was a little surprised by NDSU's consolidated ranking. I say this because of the tough conference schedule and also playing Wyoming this year. Having a green quarterback taking the snaps has me a little concerned. We got spoiled with Walker for four years. Mertens should be good and won't have to shoulder all of the load due to returning postition guys. But, I think that a consolidated ranking of 5-7 for preseason is more accurate. I'm just glad that the FCS has so many really good teams to compete with. I'm glad that NDSU will finally get to partake in the playoffs. Now, let's hope they step up to the challenge.

jmu_duke07
June 24th, 2008, 09:08 AM
You first have to make the playoffs before participating in the playoffs.

WrenFGun
June 24th, 2008, 09:15 AM
Two of those three polls have UNH in the right position (mid 20's), but the foolish Lindy's poll that has them tenth really puts them too high. I think UNH could find themselves there with a "relatively easy" schedule (though we all know that doesn't exist in the CAA) by the end of the season, but with a questionable QB situation and defense, I think the bottom of the rankings is the best spot for them, currently.

jmu_duke07
June 24th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Two of those three polls have UNH in the right position (mid 20's), but the foolish Lindy's poll that has them tenth really puts them too high. I think UNH could find themselves there with a "relatively easy" schedule (though we all know that doesn't exist in the CAA) by the end of the season, but with a questionable QB situation and defense, I think the bottom of the rankings is the best spot for them, currently.

I remember last year when UNH was playing a CAA team on CSS (CN8 affiliate) and Santos was hurt. The backup QB seemed great as far winning the game for UNH. However, I just had the t.v. on and wasn't really paying attention to the game as much. Is that backup your QB this year?

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 24th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I remember last year when UNH was playing a CAA team on CSS (CN8 affiliate) and Santos was hurt. The backup QB seemed great as far winning the game for UNH. However, I just had the t.v. on and wasn't really paying attention to the game as much. Is that backup your QB this year?

Yes, R.J. Toman came out of Spring Practice as the #1 QB. The game you watched was vs. Delaware and RJ took over for Ricky Santos on the 2nd UNH TD drive. He then led UNH to a 35-10 lead. The Hens came storming back, but UNH held on for a 35-30 win.