PDA

View Full Version : Prognosticating the Patriot: Week 7

colgate13
October 13th, 2005, 09:01 AM
Is up on The 13 Yard Line (http://colgate13.blogspot.com).

The short and sweet:

Colgate over Fordham
Villanova over Bucknell
Georgetown over Cornell (another upset try! :o)
Holy Cross over Dartmouth
Lafayette over Harvard
Lehigh over Yale

I'm worried I basically picked the PL over the Ivy, but I swear I didn't try to do that specifically!

Marcus Garvey
October 13th, 2005, 10:58 AM
I think Lafayette has a team that can beat Harvard, but I'm not so sure. It seems to me that the Leopards have trouble beating any Ivy League team not named "Columbia!"

ngineer
October 13th, 2005, 12:21 PM
Some real good games on tap. Lafayette has lived on it's defense and it will be tested this week. 'Pards have had trouble with the Crimson over recent years. A good ground game by Lafayette keeping the ball away from Harvard will be important. Lafayette 24-21.
Colgate 'should' roll based on what we have seen with Fordham, but the Rams will be dangerous for anyone here on in since one never knows how players react when they see their preseason hopes go in the toilet. A 'devil may care' attitude could result in a surprise, but unlikely at Andy Kerr.
CU-28-14.
As much as I would like to see the 'G'men take down the Big Red, I just can't see it without some weird stuff happening. Cornell, 31-17.
Two hurtin' teams with 'nova and the Bison. If BU can establish some offense they could make it interesting, but after what happened against Penn, doesn't seem likely. VU-35-10.
Lehigh gets to see what it's made of in coming back from a demoralizing loss. Yale is a tough and big team. Lead the Hawks last year the entire game until late in the game, and a good portion of that team is back. Weather looks great (sunny and 70), though field will be soggy (rain all week). Lehigh rebounds in a hard fought victory-though by no means is Yale a 'lock' (sorry, couldn't help it) LU-31-17.

colgate13
October 13th, 2005, 12:49 PM
I know you're trying to forget about last weekend ngineer, but you forgot HC/Dartmouth in your comments!

ngineer
October 13th, 2005, 10:20 PM
I know you're trying to forget about last weekend ngineer, but you forgot HC/Dartmouth in your comments!

Must 'uv been the ol' Freudian slip there '13'. Yes, what should be a good close game. HC could be open for the ol' letdown after their sudden victory in Bethlehem. Dartmouth aint bad, as 'gate found out, so I won't be surprised at whoever the winner is. Since the game is at Fitton, I'll give the nod to the Crusaders, 21-18.