PDA

View Full Version : Lehigh/Yale Preview Up

Lehigh Football Nation
October 13th, 2005, 01:07 AM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com

ngineer
October 13th, 2005, 12:31 PM
I think we see this similarly. I already put my view on '13's thread. Lehigh 31-17, but fully agreed, that Yale is a strong team than can knock some socks off if the opposition isn't ready. Hope we're both right.

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2005, 09:43 PM
A preview of the Yale/Lehigh game in today's New Haven Register....

Yale’s stingy defense garnering rave reviews (http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15377677&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7592&rfi=6)

ngineer
October 13th, 2005, 10:01 PM
A preview of the Yale/Lehigh game in today's New Haven Register....

Yale’s stingy defense garnering rave reviews (http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15377677&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7592&rfi=6)

Looks like AirLehigh returns this weekend! :D

Go Lehigh TU owl
October 13th, 2005, 11:14 PM
Anyone know how the field is? I think a less than stellar field minus a monsoon favors the passing team in this game. I'm looking at Saturday optimistically. It's a good chance to get a win against a better than average team. Keep saying, Just one week at a time, just one week at a time, just one...........

ngineer
October 14th, 2005, 12:15 PM
It's raining, again, here in the Lehigh Valley as I type. They are still calling for Sunny skies tomorrow and temps in low 70's. Rain is to taper off tonight, but how much drying out gets accomplished in the am. will determine how good or bad the footing will be. I expect a few groans from the stands when Rath or Walker breaks into the open only to slip and fall, but hopefully, they even out.

coastalalum
October 14th, 2005, 12:31 PM
Pardon the interruption, because I really don't have a dog in this fight....But, I pulled this from your polls/predictions section lehighnationfootball........"but my big mistake was thinking any Big South team had any business being in the same league as Hampton". Still no respect for that one certain team from Conway, SC? Hopefully we'll get there eventually...maybe 10 years from now or so. :) P.S.-Didn't you guys get taken to the limit by a lowly Big South squad just a few weekends ago? How quickly you must've forgotten.

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I think Yale will play well on defense at first, but I'm not sure the offense can score enough to win or even keep the defense off the field. Yale only had one sustained drive against Dartmouth which was late in the game against a worn out defense. With Penn coming up next week and the possibility of a wet field, I think Yale will play conservative keeping it mostly on the ground, with short passes mixed in, as long as it is close. The problem is, as good as I think McLeod can be, he is still a freshman and has coughed the ball up a couple of times. If Yale plays mistake free football they have a shot. Is that likely on a wet field? Turnovers and special teams may be the difference (cliche, but true). A repeat of Lehigh's problems holding on to the ball would help.

Lehigh 28
Yale 20 :( (Yale misses at least 1 XP per game.)

Lehigh Football Nation
October 14th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Lehigh's muddy field from last week has been "rolled out", worked over and will be in decent shape (all things considered) this weekend

ngineer
October 14th, 2005, 08:16 PM
Lehigh's muddy field from last week has been "rolled out", worked over and will be in decent shape (all things considered) this weekend

I would have loved to see that! As you roll the ground and the water 'oozes' out how much travels toward the drains in front of the stands as opposed to the areas on either side of the roller. Then once it's all compacted, how does that effect the grass itself? Not an agronomist, so I don't know, just sounds 'strange'. Of course, I 'rolled out' a few weekends on South Mountain 35 years ago, and I turned out ok :D :D

ngineer
October 14th, 2005, 08:20 PM
I think Yale will play well on defense at first, but I'm not sure the offense can score enough to win or even keep the defense off the field. Yale only had one sustained drive against Dartmouth which was late in the game against a worn out defense. With Penn coming up next week and the possibility of a wet field, I think Yale will play conservative keeping it mostly on the ground, with short passes mixed in, as long as it is close. The problem is, as good as I think McLeod can be, he is still a freshman and has coughed the ball up a couple of times. If Yale plays mistake free football they have a shot. Is that likely on a wet field? Turnovers and special teams may be the difference (cliche, but true). A repeat of Lehigh's problems holding on to the ball would help.

Lehigh 28
Yale 20 :( (Yale misses at least 1 XP per game.)

I'm hoping the Eli are 'looking ahead' to the Penn game. Yale's in first place in the Ivy, and a win over Penn really gives them the hammer. Looking over the Buldog's roster, I see a big, big team. My hope is that the slow field will keep the mooses stuck in place for our midget tailbacks to scurry around them. If cutting is available, then the passing game will be necessary because I see a tough time grinding it out against Yale's front seven.

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2005, 09:54 PM
I'm hoping the Eli are 'looking ahead' to the Penn game. Yale's in first place in the Ivy, and a win over Penn really gives them the hammer. Looking over the Buldog's roster, I see a big, big team. My hope is that the slow field will keep the mooses stuck in place for our midget tailbacks to scurry around them. If cutting is available, then the passing game will be necessary because I see a tough time grinding it out against Yale's front seven.

I don't think Yale's players would be "looking ahead" to Penn. They know Lehigh is a good team; even with their loss to HC the best team on the schedule. And they would like to avenge last years loss. A game they feel they should have won. The coaches are more likely to be conservative and not want to show anything they don't want Penn to see since the game next week is so important. Then again, I'm probably over analyzing things.

YaleFootballFan
October 15th, 2005, 11:03 AM
Preview of the Yale/Lehigh game in today's New Haven Register:

Lehigh not your average I-AA foe (http://www.nhregister.com/site/news.cfm?newsid=15392469&BRD=1281&PAG=461&dept_id=7592&rfi=6)

Note, as the article states, this is Yale's final non-league game of '05 season. Yale is in danger of going winless outside the conference for the first time since 1988, when the Elis lost to UConn, Army and at Navy in consecutive weeks. Just two other Yale squads went winless in non-Ivy play since 1956 (1965 with loses to UConn & Colgate; and 1983 with loses to UConn, William & Mary and Boston College).