PDA

View Full Version : Furman's Willie Freeman vs App State

SoCon48
October 12th, 2005, 11:14 AM
Furman fans are saying that Furman MLB Willie Freeman on the radio supposedly quoted an App State coach as having said Freeman was "too fat and too slow to play at ASU." Freeman also supposedly said the coach will remain un-named.
If it is true, the ASU coach should be chastised not only for providing locker room material for the Furman players but for being wrong. Not only did he have an all around good game vs App, but tipped what would have been the game winning FG in the last seconds Saturday.

OL FU
October 12th, 2005, 11:47 AM
I am wondering if this did not get all screwed up and maybe the coach was actually talking about my next door neighbor who is really fat and slow and while he does not actually play for Furman has been known to wear a #49 Paladin jersey to the games.

:) :) :) :) :D

SoCon48
October 12th, 2005, 11:50 AM
I am wondering if this did not get all screwed up and maybe the coach was actually talking about my next door neighbor who is really fat and slow and while he does not actually play for Furman has been known to wear a #49 Paladin jersey to the games.

Naah. I think the "coach" was wearing a paper bag over his head ala. "the unknown comic" when the Furman player talked to him.

OL FU
October 12th, 2005, 12:03 PM
If a coach said that he needs a little more than a good talking to, and I cannot imagine Freeman making it up. Also, I don't blame Freeman for taking the shot.

But you know sometimes things are said with one intent and taken another way, kinda like posting a not so obvious joke w/o :)

I guess I am trying to give the coach the benefit of the doubt for saying something that nobody would believe.

SoCon48
October 12th, 2005, 12:24 PM
If a coach said that he needs a little more than a good talking to, and I cannot imagine Freeman making it up. Also, I don't blame Freeman for taking the shot.

But you know sometimes things are said with one intent and taken another way, kinda like posting a not so obvious joke w/o :)

I guess I am trying to give the coach the benefit of the doubt for saying something that nobody would believe.

Can't imagine him making it up either. It's equally hard to believe he would say it on the radio and yet refuse to tell who said it.

You're right, if a coach said it, he needs more than a talking to. Since nobody but Freeman has a clue who it was, he'll never even get the "talking to."

fuEMO
October 12th, 2005, 01:12 PM
I heard it on the post game show too… Gordo was doing the interview of Willie for being the defensive player of the game. Willie talked about how great a qb Richie was and how he tipped the field goal. Then he lit in about the coach. Said he tried to find him after the game to talk to him about it.

Best I can find out is this happened during film exchange, so the question would be what coach at APP is involved in exchanging film.

This story was kept hush-hush in Paladin land. And I don't think it will be publicly addessed. End of story.

soweagle
October 12th, 2005, 02:53 PM
Sounds like Freeman publicly addressed the issue already for the paladins.

fuEMO
October 12th, 2005, 03:23 PM
soweagle… your right.

What I really meant is, I don't think you will see a comment on this in print.

SoCon48
October 12th, 2005, 04:45 PM
Sounds like Freeman publicly addressed the issue already for the paladins.

Sure did although he has yet to tell who this "un-named" coach is. Could have been an ankle taping, lockeroom cleaning graduate assistant for all anybody knows.

Didn't realize "coaches" took players along for film exchanges.

SoCon48
October 12th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I heard it on the post game show too… Gordo was doing the interview of Willie for being the defensive player of the game. Willie talked about how great a qb Richie was and how he tipped the field goal. Then he lit in about the coach. Said he tried to find him after the game to talk to him about it.

Best I can find out is this happened during film exchange, so the question would be what coach at APP is involved in exchanging film.

This story was kept hush-hush in Paladin land. And I don't think it will be publicly addessed. End of story.

Kept hush hush in Paladin land??? EXCEPT ON THE RADIO.

thirdgendin
October 12th, 2005, 07:16 PM
JCline, you're really the only one who keeps talking about this. Just let it die because no one else really has much of an interest in it.

SoCon48
October 13th, 2005, 08:29 AM
JCline, you're really the only one who keeps talking about this. Just let it die because no one else really has much of an interest in it.

Oh, are you the moderator of this board?

Interest? I'm sure the Furmanites would love to have an unsubstantiated derogatory comment by a Furman player about an un-identified opposing coach on the radio die out. Don't blame them.

OL FU
October 13th, 2005, 08:52 AM
No Actually I would prefer to sit in the stadium one more time with seconds on the clock and watch Mr. Freeman once again deflect the field goal attempt.

AppGuy04
October 13th, 2005, 09:00 AM
Who cares, unless we meet you guys in the playoffs, this has no impact on the field this year

SoCon48
October 13th, 2005, 09:19 AM
No Actually I would prefer to sit in the stadium one more time with seconds on the clock and watch Mr. Freeman once again deflect the field goal attempt.

I'd prefer him to deflect a FG, too, than to make up bull ***** and blab it on the radio about ASU coaches.

AppGuy04
October 13th, 2005, 09:21 AM
doesn't matter, the truth always comes out eventually

SoCon48
October 13th, 2005, 09:43 AM
doesn't matter, the truth always comes out eventually

True.

AppGuy04
October 13th, 2005, 09:49 AM
if its true, that gives furman some fire for the rest of the season

if not, then app will benefit