PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Sales?

Appinator
June 11th, 2008, 08:53 AM
With what seems to be a record setting year for both App and Delaware, what is everyone's season ticket numbers to date?

A few other things to list as well: what percentage of total stadium seats are season ticket holders, and are student tickets free/first come first serve or cost extra $$$?

Any projections on how expansion projects are going are welcome too.

93henfan
June 11th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Delaware

50% of stadium are season ticket holders (11K of 22K)
Student section is probably another 3K or so.
Student tickets are free - not sure about playoffs
New stadium plan to be presented by HOK Sport in the Fall
Two new FieldTurf practice fields recently completed
Two new scoreboards and new sound system to be installed for 2008 season
Major total athletic program upgrade in the works
Major fundraising ongoing - future looks bright

TexasTerror
June 11th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Not sure on SHSU's, but McNeese keeps theirs on the right side of their page and they apparently got an early start to season ticket sales, so they'll probably cruise past their record...

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/

Ronbo
June 11th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Montana should set a new record as 1250 new season tickets were created by the expansion. That should put us up around 18,700-18,800 when all the numbers are in. Our students get 750 new seats this year also which will give them around 4000 tickets per game.

I'm curious how Portland State is doing. Glanville's promotion skills doubled their season tickets last year. Wonder if he's still working hard to promote their program?

McNeese_beat
June 11th, 2008, 10:50 AM
McNeese is at 5,390 and it's about to embark on its promotional tour with six stops in 11 days June 16-26. I would suspect they'll come out of that with a spike in sales, maybe over 1,000 in those 10-11 days, and they'll be at or close to last year's total by the end of June.

Then I think you'll see they begin an advertising campaign and enjoy sales spikes at the start of two-a-days and shortly before the first game that'll push it over 8,000.

I think part of any advertising plan they come up with has to emphasize that if you don't buy your tickets in advance, the good seats may be gone... McNeese has always been a place with huge walk-up sales with long-lines still at the ticket window while the game is kicking off. But it's also never been a place that's had an aggressive off-season sales plan. In the past, the season ticket drive would be in the beginning stages right now.

Appinator
June 11th, 2008, 12:52 PM
Montana should set a new record as 1250 new season tickets were created by the expansion. That should put us up around 18,700-18,800 when all the numbers are in. Our students get 750 new seats this year also which will give them around 4000 tickets per game.

I'm curious how Portland State is doing. Glanville's promotion skills doubled their season tickets last year. Wonder if he's still working hard to promote their program?

xeekx xeekx xbowx xbowx

kirkblitz
June 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM
is there a place to get offical numbers for teams concerning season tickets? Does the NCAA track that?

TheBisonator
June 11th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Last I was told a couple months ago, NDSU was at around 7,600 season ticket holders, but the ticket manager I talked to was pessimistic about the chances of the number cresting 8,000 by opening kickoff for some reason. I'm personally pretty confident that we can get past the 8,000 mark this season.

The Fargodome seats over 19,000, so we have a season ticket limit of over 14,000 or so. This means we're only a little over halfway to the limit.

There are 3,800 seats reserved for students, and they generally fill up, except for a few rare occasions, like a Gopher win hangover game against Southern Utah (not even 2,000 students showed up for that one).

My sig pic shows an example of most of our game's crowds.

TheBisonator
June 11th, 2008, 04:30 PM
is there a place to get offical numbers for teams concerning season tickets? Does the NCAA track that?

I wish there was. That would be sooooo tight.

th0m
June 11th, 2008, 05:06 PM
JMU broke their record (set last year) of 4,327 back in May, don't know what the number is now. Total cap is around 15k for Bridgeforth Stadium, students get in for free. Expansion is supposed to start after the '09 season I think.

uofmman1122
June 11th, 2008, 09:56 PM

I'm curious how Portland State is doing. Glanville's promotion skills doubled their season tickets last year. Wonder if he's still working hard to promote their program?The waiting list for season tickets is still a mile long, too.

With my youngest sister finally graduating, my parents finally have the time to go to every Griz home game from Billings, but they still can't get season tickets. xlolx

Monarch History
June 11th, 2008, 10:45 PM
Old Dominion's season ticket sales are close to 10,000 and our first game is nearly 15 months away.xthumbsupx

putter
June 11th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Old Dominion's season ticket sales are close to 10,000 and our first game is nearly 15 months away.xthumbsupx

now that is impressive!! xthumbsupx

appmountaineer
June 12th, 2008, 01:00 AM
I would love to go to a Montana App game at Montana. It would be incredible.

93henfan
June 12th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Yes, that is impressive. ODU is a great addition to the CAA. Here's hoping you dilute JMU and Richmond's recruiting more than ours.xthumbsupx

McNeese75
June 12th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I would love to go to a Montana App game at Montana. It would be incredible.

It would be nice but it will never happen. Neither team is willing to leave the friendly confines of their own home field to play that kind of ooc FCS game.

93henfan
June 12th, 2008, 10:59 AM
It would be nice but it will never happen. Neither team is willing to leave the friendly confines of their own home field to play that kind of ooc FCS game.

That's what home-and-homes are for. It's not unprecedented among the large stadium FCS schools. Delaware and Georgia Southern have done it. Appy State is going to JMU this year. Perhaps it's Montana that would hesitate?

ODUfootballfan
June 12th, 2008, 11:17 AM
Old Dominion Univ. (ODU Monarchs) has not played a game in over 40 years. They are not scheduled to play for over another year (2009 season). ODU has no finished facilities. Nobody knows anything about the quality of the first redshirt class. Yet, over 10,000 season tickets have already been sold. Whoever claimed that ODU and Norfolk, VA. did not have a football market open to them, well, can just shut up now. xlolx

93henfan
June 12th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Old Dominion Univ. (ODU Monarchs) has not played a game in over 40 years. They are not scheduled to play for over another year (2009 season). ODU has no finished facilities. Nobody knows anything about the quality of the first redshirt class. Yet, over 10,000 season tickets have already been sold. Whoever claimed that ODU and Norfolk, VA. did not have a football market open to them, well, can just shut up now. xlolx

Wow - let me get that chip off of your shoulder for you. Did someone actually say that there was no market for football in Norfolk? If they did, they were a fool. That's a huge untapped market.

grizband
June 12th, 2008, 11:26 AM
That's what home-and-homes are for. It's not unprecedented among the large stadium FCS schools. Delaware and Georgia Southern have done it. Appy State is going to JMU this year. Perhaps it's Montana that would hesitate?
Montana is hesitant, but I remember reading an article last year that mentioned the AD of App State's hesitation to schedule the game. Both schools have reached the pinnacle of FCS football, and in some minds (not necessarily mine) have earned the right to play a large percentage of home games.

Lionsrking
June 12th, 2008, 11:34 AM

The key is maintaining that number and building on it. We sold out of season tickets (well over 6,000) the first year we brought football back but have settled in to somewhere around 3,000 currently. The buzz and enthusiasm of getting the program back eventually wore off and now it's about winning to get back to that number.

Ronbo
June 12th, 2008, 11:43 AM

Does it cost $120,000 to travel to GSU? That's the travel cost for the visitor of a home and home between App. State and Montana. We explored it last year and both schools decided against it with the high travel costs. Our AD Jim O'Day quoted the costs presently to fly, feed, and house our team to the east coast in a recent article as $120,000.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 12th, 2008, 12:49 PM
Comboed the App State and Delaware season-ticket stories into one. Enjoy.

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=appalachian-state-delaware-tickets-going&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Knocking off bowl-bound Michigan and Navy, and appearing in the FCS national championship game sure appears to help sell tickets. That’s what Delaware and Appalachian State appear to have discovered.

As of this morning, UD had sold 10,849 season ticket packages, surpassing last year’s total of 10,814. The school record is 11,160 packages sold during the 2006 season.

Appalachian State officials announced Monday they’ve sold about 10,000 season tickets for the 2008 season, up 62 percent from last year. The figure does not include student tickets, which are distributed free.

xthumbsupx

93henfan
June 12th, 2008, 12:59 PM
Does it cost $120,000 to travel to GSU? That's the travel cost for the visitor of a home and home between App. State and Montana. We explored it last year and both schools decided against it with the high travel costs. Our AD Jim O'Day quoted the costs presently to fly, feed, and house our team to the east coast in a recent article as $120,000.

The only difference would be airfare. Is it drastically more expensive to fly a charter plane from Delaware to Georgia vice Montana to North Carolina? I doubt it.

Appinator
June 12th, 2008, 01:40 PM
The only difference would be airfare. Is it drastically more expensive to fly a charter plane from Delaware to Georgia vice Montana to North Carolina? I doubt it.

I would think the costs for Montana to come to ASU would be similar to what NAU had to pay, right?

SkinsWizDukes
June 12th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Lets see how many of those 10,000 are showing up when the team is winning 1 or 2 games.

catamount man
June 12th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Don't have the exact numbers, but WCU's are up from a year ago. xthumbsupx

http://catamountsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/061208aaa.html

RadMann
June 12th, 2008, 09:55 PM

The CAA has a lot of schools with long football traditions although it is nice to see a rookie coming in.

RadMann
June 12th, 2008, 09:59 PM
The key is maintaining that number and building on it. We sold out of season tickets (well over 6,000) the first year we brought football back but have settled in to somewhere around 3,000 currently. The buzz and enthusiasm of getting the program back eventually wore off and now it's about winning to get back to that number.

Agreed. The inflated start-up season ticket sales represent support for a new program with funds. Alumni and supporters buy season tickets essentially as a donation to the new program. A few years of having a team will show the true support and I'd expect the season ticket numbers to fall to the 1 to 3 thousand range, but we'll have to wait and see.

AppAlum2003
June 13th, 2008, 07:09 AM
Lets see how many of those 10,000 are showing up when the team is winning 1 or 2 games.

Name a season for me in the last 20 years where App has only won "one or two games," please. Sure, the National Titles have come only in the last three years, but App has been competitive for years. xnodx

Appinator
June 13th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Name a season for me in the last 20 years where App has only won "one or two games," please. Sure, the National Titles have come only in the last three years, but App has been competitive for years. xnodx

Think he was talking about ODU and their 10K season tickets sold before their program has lifted off the ground.

SoCon48
June 13th, 2008, 07:27 AM

Exactly. Only one losing season since 1984.

Appinator
June 13th, 2008, 07:43 AM
Exactly. Only one losing season since 1984.

Again, I think he was refering to ODU.

AppAlum2003
June 13th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Think he was talking about ODU and their 10K season tickets sold before their program has lifted off the ground.

OK, he said that two posts after it was stated that App had sold 10,000 season tickets. A little more clarification next time, SkinsWizNizDizDukes. xthumbsupx

TheBisonator
June 13th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Someone over on Bisonville.com said the NDSU ticket manager says we're at around 8,000 season tickets now. I hope we can keep it up!!!xbowx