PDA

View Full Version : Another wet Saturday?

LBPop
October 12th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Looks like a lot of the northeast could have rain on Saturday. I'm heading to Ithaca and wondering how the carpet at Cornell handles the rain. Some of the older "turf" fields don't drain like the newer fields. Would be interested in what other games look to be on a sloppy track--also would appreciate any insight on the Cornell field in the rain (sorry to bring up a painful topic, Harvard). :(

YaleFootballFan
October 12th, 2005, 12:34 PM
I for one am glad Yale is on the road this week. The playing field at the Bowl took a major beating with the rain last Saturday. At least Yale will be away the next 3 Saturdays because the field will need the time off to get back into suitable playing condition.

saint0917
October 12th, 2005, 01:04 PM
For the game at Umass it's not going to rain as bad as it did last week. As a matter of fact this morning on the news they said we might even see the sun this Saturday.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 12th, 2005, 01:53 PM
Yeah but New England Cable News is predicting 3-4" of rain this afternoon into daytime tomorrow. It's been raining most of the day in Hartford so it's coming up to Amherst soon! Bands of rain continue to come in off the Atlantic with no sign of stopping soon. Predicting rain at least through Friday night. Even if the sun comes out Saturday, it doesn't have a chance of drying out the fields in New England! But just seeing the sun and a blue sky will be a huge lift!

Engineer91
October 12th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Looks like a lot of the northeast could have rain on Saturday. I'm heading to Ithaca and wondering how the carpet at Cornell handles the rain. Some of the older "turf" fields don't drain like the newer fields. Would be interested in what other games look to be on a sloppy track--also would appreciate any insight on the Cornell field in the rain (sorry to bring up a painful topic, Harvard). :(

Cornell's carpet always seems a bit slippery. I was there last week and it did not seem liek anyone was having particular trouble. Cornell O-line seemed to be getting more push. It can be a bit windy and cold in the stands so pack layers. To bad I am not staying home this weekend or I woudl meet up with you. Let me know if you need recomendations for food or anythign else.

LBPop
October 12th, 2005, 03:49 PM
To bad I am not staying home this weekend or I woudl meet up with you. Let me know if you need recomendations for food or anythign else.

Thanks for the offer, but my schedule is pretty tight--I'm flying in and out the same day. Spending about seven hours in the air and in airports to see a 3.5 hour game. Something is wrong with this picture...or me. Probably will be eating in airports (and the Hoya tailgate), but do you know the best way to get from the Ithaca airport to the Cornell campus? I don't think it's more than about 10 or 15 minutes away.

By the way, if you are planning to get to Goodman on November 5th (I think it's your homecoming), the whole LB clan will be there. Would enjoy putting a face with a screen name.

ngineer
October 12th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I for one am glad Yale is on the road this week. The playing field at the Bowl took a major beating with the rain last Saturday. At least Yale will be away the next 3 Saturdays because the field will need the time off to get back into suitable playing condition.

Yeah, but they're coming to Goodman that got really ripped up in the monsoon. Don't know if you saw any of the film from the Holy Cross game, but the players were literally wading in the water out there. Hopefully, the grounds crew was able to get thing patched up sufficiently. We've had more rain here in the Lehigh Valley this week, though not drenching. An inch predicted tomorrow, but I think Saturday is being called 'partly cloudy/sunny' with temps near 70. Fingers crossed.

GrizzlyEdd
October 12th, 2005, 08:40 PM
Finally a gameday that there in no rain in the forcast. Supposed to be partly cloudy and about 55 degrees at game time in Missoula, MT. Should be close to 24,000 Griz faithful at the game. I am so damned excited about this game against Eastern Washington that I could just go to sleep today and not wake up till Sat.:p

The Griz "12th" man will be out in force...:nod:

barechestcat
October 12th, 2005, 09:01 PM
Grizzly Edd,
You can sleep? :)

It looks like there's rain in the forecast for Portland this Saturday. But, then again, what's new?

JALMOND
October 13th, 2005, 12:51 PM
Portland rain should begin late afternoon (they are saying). Day should be cloudy, but no rain. Good opportunity for Cat fans to enjoy downtown Portland. Temp should be mid to upper 60s. Better than that snow you got. For those coming early, rain most of the day Friday. Clearing Sunday.

Should help us ease Lulay's passing attack, but Lulay knows all about the Willamette Rain.

Engineer91
October 13th, 2005, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the offer, but my schedule is pretty tight--I'm flying in and out the same day. Spending about seven hours in the air and in airports to see a 3.5 hour game. Something is wrong with this picture...or me. Probably will be eating in airports (and the Hoya tailgate), but do you know the best way to get from the Ithaca airport to the Cornell campus? I don't think it's more than about 10 or 15 minutes away.

By the way, if you are planning to get to Goodman on November 5th (I think it's your homecoming), the whole LB clan will be there. Would enjoy putting a face with a screen name.

Check you PM for directions. Enjoy the game.