PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Football Schedules?

TexasTerror
October 11th, 2005, 07:17 PM
I know it's early, but I'm trying to get an idea of everyone's football schedules as we look towards 2006 and trying to wonder what teams each other could possibly play. I know there's a lot of I-AA vs I-A dates already announced. So, what are your schedules looking like?

Sam Houston State
@ Texas (9/30)
@ SMU (9/16? - they have an opening this week between @ UNT and vs Arkansas St)
@ Missouri State (3rd year of 4 year deal)

SLC Games
@ Northwestern St
vs Nicholls
@ SFA
vs McNeese
@ Southeastern Louisiana
vs Texas St-San Marcos

I'll assume we're going to host atleast one sub Div I team at our place and hopefully host a I-AA opponent. I wouldn't be a big fan of four home games and seven road games...

DFW HOYA
October 11th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Georgetown has one open date in 2006, six PL games (home vs. Lehigh, Holy Cross, Bucknell, at Lafayette, Colgate and Fordham) and four non-confernece games (at Brown, at Dartmouth, at Davidson, home vs. Stony Brook).

That open date is a home game in mid-October, so it means that no A-10 team is likely interested.

chattanoogamocs
October 11th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Non conference for Chattanooga...

The Mocs have at least 2 more games a piece with Jacksonville State and Tennessee Tech (next year at Tech, JSU at home)

They are tentatively schedule to play Memphis from 2006 to 2010 (though the details are still being hammered out)

...and are playing at Arkansas next year.

WKU was supposed to a 4 year deal...now it is down to two (2006-2007) and with the addition of Memphis long term (same weekend)...I assume the WKU series will never happen (kinda sad, I would rather play a good IAA program with a home and home, then playing a IA with little chance of a win)

SochorField
October 11th, 2005, 07:41 PM
UC Davis non-conference thus far

@ San Jose State
Sac State

UCD's 2006 debut is Sept. 2 at Northern Colorado. The home opener is a week later against Eastern Washington, a date the Aggies are hoping will be accompanied by the ceremony of playing in their $29.75 million stadium for the first time.

3 open dates as of now, Stanford doubtful (haha)....probably another matchup w/ Portland State and hopefully New Hampshire. I would like to get 2 IA's on the sched.

FightinBluHen51
October 11th, 2005, 08:51 PM
All Delaware games are AWAY xlolx. :rolleyes:

JMU Duke Dog
October 11th, 2005, 09:10 PM
Georgetown has one open date in 2006, six PL games (home vs. Lehigh, Holy Cross, Bucknell, at Lafayette, Colgate and Fordham) and four non-confernece games (at Brown, at Dartmouth, at Davidson, home vs. Stony Brook).

That open date is a home game in mid-October, so it means that no A-10 team is likely interested.

JMU said that they would probably schedule a Division II team and a Patriot League team to fill its openings for 2006. I personally would like to see Georgetown and JMU play. Has anyone at Georgetown heard anything about possibly playing at JMU in 2006?

bisonguy
October 11th, 2005, 10:29 PM
North Dakota State's 2006 non-conf. games so far (lots of room left with only four GWFC games :o, call your AD and have him get NDSU on the schedule :D)-

Northeastern
@ Ball State
@Stephen F. Austin

DotCat
October 11th, 2005, 10:35 PM
WCU will play @ Florida on Nov. 18th which is most likely the week after we play AppState and the week before the play-offs begin. We also maybe trying to schedule Nicholls State seeing our game this year was cancelled due to Rita in the gulf.

JMU Duke Dog
October 11th, 2005, 10:38 PM
North Dakota State's 2006 non-conf. games so far (lots of room left with only four GWFC games :o, call your AD and have him get NDSU on the schedule :D)-

Northeastern
@ Ball State
@Stephen F. Austin

Would NDSU be willing to travel to JMU in 2006? I would rather face a Division I-AA opponent than a Division II opponent for a nonconference game. It would also be interesting to see a team from the Great West Conference.

bisonguy
October 11th, 2005, 10:44 PM
Would NDSU be willing to travel to JMU in 2006? I would rather face a Division I-AA opponent than a Division II opponent for a nonconference game. It would also be interesting to see a team from the Great West Conference.

Maybe. Currently there's only four road games scheduled (that I'm aware of), and I'm sure there's room for at least one more road game.

JMU Duke Dog
October 11th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Maybe. Currently there's only four road games scheduled (that I'm aware of), and I'm sure there's room for at least one more road game.

You should try to see if NDSU could contact JMU's AD Jeff Bourne at either (540)568-3295 or e-mail [email protected]. Maybe they could work something out.

kats89
October 11th, 2005, 10:48 PM
With all of our road games so far for 2006, we will be looking for a couple of home games to balance the schedule.

Lionsrking
October 11th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I know it's early, but I'm trying to get an idea of everyone's football schedules as we look towards 2006 and trying to wonder what teams each other could possibly play. I know there's a lot of I-AA vs I-A dates already announced. So, what are your schedules looking like?

Sam Houston State
@ Texas (9/30)
@ SMU (9/16? - they have an opening this week between @ UNT and vs Arkansas St)
@ Missouri State (3rd year of 4 year deal)

SLC Games
@ Northwestern St
vs Nicholls
@ SFA
vs McNeese
@ Southeastern Louisiana
vs Texas St-San Marcos

I'll assume we're going to host atleast one sub Div I team at our place and hopefully host a I-AA opponent. I wouldn't be a big fan of four home games and seven road games...

I know we're scheduled to play Southern Miss, Henderson State, Jacksonville and Gardner-Webb for sure and I've heard we may pick up Texas Tech as the final non-conference game.

Bub
October 11th, 2005, 11:35 PM

Drake is looking for a game on 10-14-06, would that happen to be the date Georgetown is looking to fill?

Dallas Demon
October 12th, 2005, 12:21 AM
Wow, the Southland has a plethera of I-A games on the slate!

Northwestern St. is playing

@Kansas
@Ole Miss
Northern Iowa

Conference:

Sam Houston St.
Texas St.
McNeese St.
@Nicholls St.
@SE Louisiana
@Stephen F. Austin

2 games TBD.

wlj989s
October 12th, 2005, 12:47 AM
Not sure of much at this point...

@ Oklahoma State
vs. (@?) Sam Houston State
@ SEMO

Conference Play:
Southern Illinois
@Northern Iowa
Western Kentucky
Youngstown
@Indiana State
@Illinois State
Western Illinois

Home games a plenty.

TexasTerror
October 12th, 2005, 06:10 AM
vs. (@?) Sam Houston State

Right now, it's the third year (2006) of a four year deal. My assumption would be the series would contiue as normal for now and the Bears/Kats would try to get that home game in later...

89Hen
October 12th, 2005, 08:34 AM
2006 Delaware Schedule

9/9 - West Chester
9/16 - Albany
9/23 - @ Rhode Island
9/30 - New Hampshire
10/7 - @ Northeastern
10/14 - Hofstra**
10/21 - @ Richmond
10/28 - Towson
11/4 - @ JMU
11/11 - William & Mary
11/18 - Villanova

** Hofstra is a non-conference game next year. Some creative OOC scheduling, huh?

Ivytalk
October 12th, 2005, 08:39 AM
Harvard has a mirror image of the 2005 schedule in 2006, except the home games are inverted by team. Therefore, the Crimson's 2006 PL opponents will be Lafayette and HC at home and Lehigh on the road.

Gil Dobie
October 12th, 2005, 08:40 AM
You should try to see if NDSU could contact JMU's AD Jeff Bourne at either (540)568-3295 or e-mail [email protected]. Maybe they could work something out.

Home and Home with JMU would be great.

ChickenMan
October 12th, 2005, 08:48 AM
2006 Delaware Schedule

** Hofstra is a non-conference game next year. Some creative OOC scheduling, huh?

Once again our stellar AD... leaves no stone unturned in his unending quest to find an attractive OOC game... :mad:

JMU Duke Dog
October 12th, 2005, 09:05 AM
Home and Home with JMU would be great.

Yes it would especially if NDSU was willing to travel to JMU in 2006.

catamount man
October 12th, 2005, 03:18 PM
These games and dates are set in stone for 2006:

Oct 14, 2006 - Chattanooga
Nov 11, 2006 - App.State
Nov 18, 2006 - at Florida

Eastern Kentucky, I've read, is coming back on WCU's non-conference schedule for the first time since 1989, Dale Strahm's one, and only, year in Cullowhee. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

X-Factor
October 12th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Yes it would especially if NDSU was willing to travel to JMU in 2006.

Does JMU have alot of road games already for 2006?

Maybe if Montana State can get it worked out on their end, their return game could be bumped up to 2006 at the Fargodome. That would be good too, especially if Kramer wants to play the Bison on a yearly basis.

ISUMatt
October 12th, 2005, 08:22 PM
2006 Illinois State

9/2 @ Kansas State
9/16 Eastern Illinois
9/23 @ Murray State

Still looking for 1 more NC game

2007 Illinois State

Murray State
@ Eastern Illinios
@ Missouri

YaleFootballFan
October 12th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Yale's schedule is complete thru 2008, with the exception of an open date for its opener on September 15, 2007. I know Yale and Army have been in discussions about renewing its rivalry (2 games in West Point, 1 in New Haven), but I think that's not going to start until at least 2009.

Yale's 2006 Schedule:

Sept. 16 SAN DIEGO
Sept. 22 at Cornell
Sept. 29 at Lafayette
Oct. 7 at Dartmouth
Oct. 14 LEHIGH
Oct. 21 PENN
Oct. 28 COLUMBIA
Nov. 4 at Brown
Nov. 11 PRINCETON
Nov. 18 at Harvard

The rest of Yale's Future Schedules (http://yalebulldogs.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/yale-m-footbl-sched-future.html)

TxSt02
October 12th, 2005, 08:53 PM
Yale's schedule is complete thru 2008, with the exception of an open date for its opener on September 15, 2007. I know Yale and Army have been in discussions about renewing its rivalry (2 games in West Point, 1 in New Haven), but I think that's not going to start until at least 2009.

Yale's 2006 Schedule:

Sept. 16 SAN DIEGO
Sept. 22 at Cornell
Sept. 29 at Lafayette
Oct. 7 at Dartmouth
Oct. 14 LEHIGH
Oct. 21 PENN
Oct. 28 COLUMBIA
Nov. 4 at Brown
Nov. 11 PRINCETON
Nov. 18 at Harvard

The rest of Yale's Future Schedules (http://yalebulldogs.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/sched/yale-m-footbl-sched-future.html)

I think it is really cool when I-A teams travel to I-AA schools... Ill be looking forward to hearing more about this series!

UNH_Alum_In_CT
October 12th, 2005, 11:39 PM
For UNH:

OOC: @Northwestern, @Dartmouth and I think Holy Cross at home

Five A-10/CAA North games: UMass, @URI, Hofstra, @Northeastern and @Maine

Three A-10/CAA South games: @Delaware, JMU and Richmond at home I believe.

This is basically from switching locations for the six teams played this year, seeing the Delaware schedule, guessing that JMU and Richmond are home to balance the A-10/CAA schedule with four games home and away. The Holy Cross game is the biggest question mark and is based on something I heard somewhere along the way -- obviously, that final OOC opponent is the biggest question mark. And if 2006 is a 12 game year, then I don't have a clue who the final opponent would be.

SoCon48
October 13th, 2005, 09:49 AM
These games and dates are set in stone for 2006:

Oct 14, 2006 - Chattanooga
Nov 11, 2006 - App.State
Nov 18, 2006 - at Florida

Eastern Kentucky, I've read, is coming back on WCU's non-conference schedule for the first time since 1989, Dale Strahm's one, and only, year in Cullowhee. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

No fair. You get ASU this year AFTER LSU racks us up. We get you next year before Florida racks you up.

AppGuy04
October 13th, 2005, 09:51 AM
No fair. You get ASU this year AFTER LSU racks us up. We get you next year before FSU racks you up.

thats florida, not florida st

and besides, it won't matter anyways this year, we got em at home

SoCon48
October 13th, 2005, 10:11 AM
thats florida, not florida st

and besides, it won't matter anyways this year, we got em at home

Thanks, I corrected it. Don't think Florida will do nearly as much damage as the Seminoles would've.

LacesOut
October 13th, 2005, 10:16 AM
Once again our stellar AD... leaves no stone unturned in his unending quest to find an attractive OOC game... :mad:

Agreed. Quite pathetic. Time and time again.

But I could have swore that UD plays U of Maryland soon??? When, 2010?!?!!?!?!!

kmax
October 13th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Maybe if Montana State can get it worked out on their end, their return game could be bumped up to 2006 at the Fargodome. That would be good too, especially if Kramer wants to play the Bison on a yearly basis.
Wish we could do that, I can't wait for the trip out to Fargo!

I am not sure how MSU's schedule will be worked out cause I am not sure how things will change with Northern Colorado being added to the Conference schedule. Assuming that they leave the current home-away year to year scheduling in tact and just fit UNC into that for each team, MSU would have the following:

@Idaho State
Weber State
Portland State
@Northern Arizona
@Sacramento State
Eastern Washington
Northern Colorado
@Montana

The only OOC game that I know of for 2006 is at Boulder Colorado to play the Buffs. With that in mind, I doubt we would get the Cats to go to Fargo next year as they try to always have 6 home games so the other two OOC's would need to be at home.

Hansel
October 13th, 2005, 11:10 AM
Wish we could do that, I can't wait for the trip out to Fargo!

I am not sure how MSU's schedule will be worked out cause I am not sure how things will change with Northern Colorado being added to the Conference schedule. Assuming that they leave the current home-away year to year scheduling in tact and just fit UNC into that for each team, MSU would have the following:

@Idaho State
Weber State
Portland State
@Northern Arizona
@Sacramento State
Eastern Washington
Northern Colorado
@Montana

The only OOC game that I know of for 2006 is at Boulder Colorado to play the Buffs. With that in mind, I doubt we would get the Cats to go to Fargo next year as they try to always have 6 home games so the other two OOC's would need to be at home.
looks like MSU is just looking for IA and home games

http://www.afca.com/lev2.cfm/533

kmax
October 13th, 2005, 11:19 AM
looks like MSU is just looking for IA and home games

http://www.afca.com/lev2.cfm/533
That is kind of what I thought, though I don't like the idea of looking for another I-A game much.

The 2007 request doesn't make much sense though. Is 2007 a year where we get to have 12 games again? Otherwise we would only have three OOC games and one is already set for the game in Fargo so I don't know why they would be looking for 3 OOC games.

By the way, thanks for the site link.

89Hen
October 13th, 2005, 12:22 PM
But I could have swore that UD plays U of Maryland soon??? When, 2010?!?!!?!?!!
2008 opening game.

Saint3333
October 13th, 2005, 01:10 PM
ASU needs to do a home and home with either JMU or Delaware. It's been awhile since we've beaten JMU ;) and we've never played Delaware, which is a shame.

SoCon48
October 13th, 2005, 03:12 PM
ASU needs to do a home and home with either JMU or Delaware. It's been awhile since we've beaten JMU ;) and we've never played Delaware, which is a shame.

Last time was in the '95 play-offs.

umassfan
October 13th, 2005, 03:20 PM
2006 Delaware Schedule

9/9 - West Chester
9/16 - Albany
9/23 - @ Rhode Island
9/30 - New Hampshire
10/7 - @ Northeastern
10/14 - Hofstra**
10/21 - @ Richmond
10/28 - Towson
11/4 - @ JMU
11/11 - William & Mary
11/18 - Villanova

How does a weak schedule get weaker... ask someone at UD... they find a way every year.

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2005, 04:39 PM
I think it is really cool when I-A teams travel to I-AA schools... Ill be looking forward to hearing more about this series!

Me too. Yale hasn't hosted a I-A school since 1988, when Army last came to the Yale Bowl. Since then Yale has played some I-A schools like Central Florida and Army again in '96, but they were all on the road.

SochorField
October 13th, 2005, 05:02 PM
I would love to see UC Davis schedule Yale and Harvard...back east of course (until our new stadium is finished)
I mentioned earlier that the Aggie basketball team is playing Dartmouth and Harvard this year, maybe this is a sign of things to come.

Aggie stadium web cam (http://www.ae.ucdavis.edu/webcams/StadiumCam.htm)

89Hen
October 13th, 2005, 07:31 PM
How does a weak schedule get weaker... ask someone at UD... they find a way every year.
Hen envy. BTW, the only real difference is Albany replacing Holy Cross. You know Albany, that team you played this year. Besides, the fact that UMess isn't on the slate next year makes it a tougher schedule. That's a guaranteed win for the Hens 9 times out of 10.

Hansel
October 13th, 2005, 07:48 PM
What I find amazing, is that teams like Hofstra and UNH are willing to be UD's b!tch for a one road game deal, when they are members of the same conference

DFW HOYA
October 13th, 2005, 08:33 PM
Drake is looking for a game on 10-14-06, would that happen to be the date Georgetown is looking to fill?

The open dates are October 21 and 28th, which is going to be tough to fill since most conference schedules are in full gear then.

89Hen
October 13th, 2005, 08:37 PM
What I find amazing, is that teams like Hofstra and UNH are willing to be UD's b!tch for a one road game deal, when they are members of the same conference
They are our bitches, except they both beat us last time out. :( :bang:

Hansel
October 13th, 2005, 08:41 PM
The open dates are October 21 and 28th, which is going to be tough to fill since most conference schedules are in full gear then.
NDSU currently has an open date on the 10/21.... we could have a "trophy game" for the new North Dakota quarter, which has a Bison on one side, and George Washington on the other :p

http://www.gobison.com/SportSelect.dbml?SPSID=11844&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&KEY=FIWNJBQJFYNQHVQ.20051012225516&Q_SEASON=2006

txstman
October 13th, 2005, 08:42 PM
Texas State has Kentucky and Central Arkansas on the schedule next year. The other three games I am not sure.

I think there is rumor with Houston being added to the schedule but I could be completely wrong.

YaleFootballFan
October 13th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I would love to see UC Davis schedule Yale and Harvard...back east of course (until our new stadium is finished)
I mentioned earlier that the Aggie basketball team is playing Dartmouth and Harvard this year, maybe this is a sign of things to come.

I think its only a matter of time before the Ivies start playing UC Davis in football. Teams like Yale, Princeton and Penn are always looking for ways to play California teams (see USD). Cornell even traveled to I-A Stanford in the early 90s. Of all the 50 states, California is the most represented state among Ivy League football players. The exposure out west is certainly helping with recruiting.

DFW HOYA
October 14th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Instead of playing UC-Davis or Sacramento State, how likely would it be for the two Ivy teams (or an Ivy and a Patriot) simply play a neutral site game out West?

faxjusfax
October 14th, 2005, 08:37 AM

How 'bout your old MAAC foe, La Salle? With their offense, it wouldn't be a gimme.

kats89
October 14th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Texas State has Kentucky and Central Arkansas on the schedule next year. The other three games I am not sure.

I think there is rumor with Houston being added to the schedule but I could be completely wrong.

UH is beatable. We could have won that game if not for all the penalties and dropped passes

Dallas Demon
October 14th, 2005, 08:35 PM
Northwestern St. update...

@Kansas
@Ole Miss
Northern Iowa
Central Arkansas

Conference:

Sam Houston St.
Texas St.
McNeese St.
@Nicholls St.
@SE Louisiana
@Stephen F. Austin

1 games TBD, I think I know who it is but can't reveal it just yet (let's just say we'll get more money from this opponent and it would be an away game).

SuperJon
October 14th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I don't know dates, but here's what I know of so far:

@ Wofford
@ Georgia Southern
vs Elon
vs Savannah St (last year of a 4 year deal signed before our first year)
vs SC State
@ Gardner Webb
@ VMI
vs Charleston Southern
vs Liberty

We have two spots open last time I heard.

TexasTerror
October 14th, 2005, 08:48 PM
1 games TBD, I think I know who it is but can't reveal it just yet (let's just say we'll get more money from this opponent and it would be an away game).

A third I-A game? Or what?

DFW HOYA
October 14th, 2005, 08:59 PM
How 'bout your old MAAC foe, La Salle? With their offense, it wouldn't be a gimme.

Georgetown was leaving the MAAC as LaSalle was arriving.

LaSalle is playing as soft a I-AA non-conf. schedule as anyone: four D-III schools plus St. Francis, Wagner and Monmouth.

bulldog10jw
October 14th, 2005, 11:34 PM

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1603&highlight=yale+army

ARMY RETURNS TO YALE FOOTBALL SCHEDULE
Cadets-Bulldogs Ink Two Games For Now

JaxSinfonian
October 15th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Jax State's got:

- Furman in Greenville (year 2 of 2)
- Chattanooga in Chattanooga (year 3 of 4)
- Mississippi State - Oct. 14 (according to their 06 schedule)
- And if I remember right we're picking up Austin Peay as an OOC game in advance of their return to the OVC.

No room to pick up anyone else, I'm afraid. In fact, one of those games is going to have to go, because that plus the conference slate equals 12 games, unless we're the team Tennessee State is skipping this year.

Dallas Demon
October 15th, 2005, 08:47 AM
A third I-A game? Or what?

Can't say at the moment - I don't think it is final anyway.

UAalum72
October 15th, 2005, 08:50 AM
Albany plays at Lehigh on 9/2, at Delaware 9/16 and at Cornell 9/30, plus I expect continuation of the Hofstra series.

Cat79
October 15th, 2005, 10:52 AM
OOC Schedule

@ Kentucky
@ Southern Utah
Central Arkansas

SLC

SLU
@ Northwestern State
Nicholls State
@ McNeese State
SFA
@ Sam Houston

JALMOND
October 15th, 2005, 01:01 PM
I believe that we play McNeese in Lake Charles next year to return the game we played in Portland last year. Davis, our old D-II rival, is pretty much set for Portland next year as well. With our conference schedule, including N Colorado, that gives us one more to schedule (possibly two). We do have an ongoing invitation with Oregon and Oregon State that, if the schedules can be worked out, we can play them pretty much whenever (that's how we scheduled the Beavers this year). Rumor going around that Washington would like to eliminate a I-A opponent next year and schedule I-AA. Portland State could schedule them but I think I know who they have their eye on (Bobby Hauck's team from Montana).