PDA

View Full Version : UD Opens on National TV

bluehenbillk
June 4th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Game time for UD at Maryland switched to a 3:45pm start, game to be televised on ESPNU.

elcid96
June 4th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Game time for UD at Maryland switched to a 3:45pm start, game to be televised on ESPNU.

I hope you guys pull this one off. How is Maryland looking this year.

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 07:09 AM
I wouldn't really consider ESPNU "National," but congrats! How does Maryland look this year? Is that Ohio St. transfer starting at QB for you guys?

T-Dog
June 4th, 2008, 07:18 AM
Good thing for espn360.com so I can go back and watch games that were on the espn pay channels after getting back from App's game. Problem is there's now a multitude of FCS games that will be on the ESPN channels so I won't be able to catch a good number of them.

I think Maryland would fall under the category of "potential top team in the ACC but won't make it due to bad losses or such", which they have been for the last ten or so years.

bluehenbillk
June 4th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I wouldn't really consider ESPNU "National," but congrats! How does Maryland look this year? Is that Ohio St. transfer starting at QB for you guys?

How ESPNU isn't national??

It looks as though Schoenhoft, the transfer will be the starter but he's apparently being pushed by Lou Ritacco, a red-shirt FR. Maryland will probably be in the ballpark of what they were last year, lost their RB's & top LB.

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 08:14 AM
How ESPNU isn't national??

It looks as though Schoenhoft, the transfer will be the starter but he's apparently being pushed by Lou Ritacco, a red-shirt FR. Maryland will probably be in the ballpark of what they were last year, lost their RB's & top LB.

I'm just saying that ESPNU isn't really available in all markets. When I had Charter Cable, it wasn't available whatsoever.

I'm assuming a lot of the UD faithful are going to try to make it to this game? Is this a game that is commonly played every couple of years? Forgive the ignorance, just want to know some background for this game.

89Hen
June 4th, 2008, 08:55 AM
I'm assuming a lot of the UD faithful are going to try to make it to this game? Is this a game that is commonly played every couple of years? Forgive the ignorance, just want to know some background for this game.
I would guess UD will bring around 10,000+ fans to the game. That's what we normally bring to Navy and IMO this is a bigger deal since this is the first time the Hens have played Maryland since maybe the 50's? This will not be a regular game going forward either AFAIK. Maryland is making their way through the CAA South. They already played W&M and Villanova, Delaware this year and JMU and Towson coming up. Only Richmond left for the sweep.

89Hen
June 4th, 2008, 08:56 AM
I'm just saying that ESPNU isn't really available in all markets.
I don't get it. xcoolx

aust42
June 4th, 2008, 08:59 AM
I'm just saying that ESPNU isn't really available in all markets. When I had Charter Cable, it wasn't available whatsoever.

I would expect 10k Delaware fans to invade Byrd Stadium. We're 5-3-1 vs MD lifetime. The last time we played was 1948. So this is the 1st time in the "modern era" that we have played the Twerps. Navy is the only 1A team we have played since Temple back in 1985, so Hens fans are happy to see "new blood".

bluehenbillk
June 4th, 2008, 09:26 AM
It's hard to believe people would post regularly on college sites & not clamor for ESPNU. If you like college sports, it's simply the best network you'll ever watch 24/7.

The Moody1
June 4th, 2008, 09:32 AM
I don't get it. xcoolx

ESPNU is available to 7.5 million households while ESPN is available to over 63 million households. Get it now?

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 09:40 AM
It's hard to believe people would post regularly on college sites & not clamor for ESPNU. If you like college sports, it's simply the best network you'll ever watch 24/7.

Understandable. However, with food costs and fuel costs going through the roof, not all of us can afford the extra $11 a month DirecTV charges for the sports tier. I've got a 9-month old at home... that $11 could buy a pack of diapers!

DLS
June 4th, 2008, 09:42 AM
someone should start a thread with all of the nationally televised fcs games. dates/channels/times.

im to lazy

udchuck
June 4th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Understandable. However, with food costs and fuel costs going through the roof, not all of us can afford the extra $11 a month DirecTV charges for the sports tier. I've got a 9-month old at home... that $11 could buy a pack of diapers!

Look at it this way,That $11 a month sports tier will give you plenty of Football memories,The pack of diapers only give you crap.xlolx However I know what your going through,We raised 5 kids.;) Good luck.xthumbsupx

89Hen
June 4th, 2008, 09:55 AM
ESPNU is available to 7.5 million households while ESPN is available to over 63 million households. Get it now?
You misunderstood.... I don't get ESPNU.

Kabooom
June 4th, 2008, 09:57 AM

.....Yes we get all-mighty....Moooody one.

You are far superior...D.F...

YoUDeeMan
June 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM

xoopsx

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Jiggs
June 4th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I have Charter cable and get ESPNU on channel 223.

TwinTownBisonFan
June 4th, 2008, 11:58 AM
I had the sports tier from Comcast, got FSN College, CSTV and ESPN classic... but no ESPNU or Big Ten Network... they are both brawling with Comcast, and I have to say as a customer... i actually support my cable company on this one. they want both networks on the sports tier, but ESPN and BTN won't accommodate their pricing or availability model.

I think it's very fair to say that ESPNU is not a national network

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 12:01 PM
I have Charter cable and get ESPNU on channel 223.

Yeah, but that was 2 years ago that I had it. Regardless, read the numbers that Moody posted above. ESPNU is not really what I would consider "National television." However, I don't want that to detract from UD's accomplishment. Any coverage is good coverage! xthumbsupx

The Moody1
June 4th, 2008, 12:13 PM

Gotcha. Sorry for my confusion. xsmiley_wix

The Moody1
June 4th, 2008, 12:14 PM
.....Yes we get all-mighty....Moooody one.

You are far superior...D.F...

Blow it out your arse. Dip stick.

bluehenbillk
June 4th, 2008, 12:39 PM
ESPNU is part of my regular digital package, sometimes it pays to not have one of the big boys cable systems.

putter
June 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Looking forward to watching this game too along with Appy! Good to see more FCS games getting picked up by ESPN. :)

bostonspider
June 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
UR vs. UVA is on ESPNU on 9/6/08 also at 3:45pm...

AZGrizFan
June 4th, 2008, 01:14 PM
I don't get it. xcoolx

We've been saying that about you for years. xeyebrowx xcoffeex

spelunker64
June 4th, 2008, 01:22 PM
How national is E$PNU, what percent of viewers get that channel? I know I don't...

Great game to watch though if I did.