PDA

View Full Version : JUCO LB commits to NDSU via Geogia Southern

X-Factor
June 3rd, 2008, 08:46 PM
For the 2nd time in two years we are getting a JUCO that started their career with GSU. The first one being Pat Paschall (who has turned out to be a great RB for us, currently #2 on depth chart behind Tyler Roehl and plays a big part in our offense. Thank you GSU!!)

Fred Bussey (6ft, 250lbs) Middle LB from College of DuPage in Illinois.

http://www.in-forum.com/Sports/articles/203732

He wont be expected to start as we already have a good Mike, but if he can come in and add some depth similar to what P2 did last season that would be great.

I don't know a whole lot about this guy other than he was on the sidelines when we played GSU a couple years back. Any info??

pete4256
June 4th, 2008, 09:15 AM
For the 2nd time in two years we are getting a JUCO that started their career with GSU. The first one being Pat Paschall (who has turned out to be a great RB for us, currently #2 on depth chart behind Tyler Roehl and plays a big part in our offense. Thank you GSU!!)

He wont be expected to start as we already have a good Mike, but if he can come in and add some depth similar to what P2 did last season that would be great.

I don't know a whole lot about this guy other than he was on the sidelines when we played GSU a couple years back. Any info??

You should get a metal detector at the entrance to your practice fields for Paschal and Bussey.

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 09:21 AM
Every "troubled" kid that is headed to GSU has cleaned up his act and is turning his life around. Every "troubled" kid that has left GSU for another school is a thug-for-life.

pete4256
June 4th, 2008, 10:09 AM
Every "troubled" kid that is headed to GSU has cleaned up his act and is turning his life around. Every "troubled" kid that has left GSU for another school is a thug-for-life.

huh? Where is that written?

Eaglesrus
June 4th, 2008, 10:22 AM

Yeah, would like to know where you're coming from on this. Just like every other program we of course hope that they have seen the light, but I haven't seen anyone boasting that there absolutely won't be any problems with these kids. You try to get as much assurance as you can and then sometimes you give them another chance. And it appears to me that when there are problems at GSU they are being taken care of, i.e. there's two kids that aren't with us anymore. Glad it appears to have worked out for Paschal and hope for the same for this one.

ButlerGSU
June 4th, 2008, 11:11 AM
Looks like he stayed out of trouble at the JUCO he was at or it just hasn't made any headlines. He was trouble while at GSU which is why Hatcher no longer required his services.

I wish him and NDSU all the best.

blueballs
June 4th, 2008, 12:10 PM

Bussey played QB and LB in HS and was recruited by a couple of SEC schools as a LB. He never made it onto the field for GSU so none of us really know that much about him from a football standpoint.

He was arrested (and I think convicted) for a weapons charge in Statesboro (bryan92 can elaborate) and subsequently dismissed from the program.

As for the Appalum2003's comment, please cite just one example of what you claim... otherwise STFU.

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Yeah, would like to know where you're coming from on this. Just like every other program we of course hope that they have seen the light, but I haven't seen anyone boasting that there absolutely won't be any problems with these kids. You try to get as much assurance as you can and then sometimes you give them another chance. And it appears to me that when there are problems at GSU they are being taken care of, i.e. there's two kids that aren't with us anymore. Glad it appears to have worked out for Paschal and hope for the same for this one.

Oh, relax. It's just a joke. We've all had our share of troublemakers. xnodx

Eaglesrus
June 4th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Oh, relax. It's just a joke. We've all had our share of troublemakers. xnodx

Sorry, didn't see the smilies on your first post.

soweagle
June 4th, 2008, 12:44 PM
As blueballs said, Bussey was recruited and offered by some SEC schools and I think Florida was on that list. Everyone wanted him for LB, which he had never played (if my memory is correct) but rather had always been a qb. GSU offered him the opportunity to play qb, so he signed with GSU. I for one was disappointed that he had to leave the program b/c I think he would have been a great linebacker (did not pan out at qb). I think he will be a good addition to your program and hopefully he will keep himself out of trouble this time around.

NDB
June 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
He was arrested (and I think convicted) for a weapons charge in Statesboro (bryan92 can elaborate) and subsequently dismissed from the program.

Joe Mays always carried both his guns on campus.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t314/B1SON/20050809bison-mays-09.jpg

AppAlum2003
June 4th, 2008, 01:38 PM
Sorry, didn't see the smilies on your first post.

I can go back and add them if you'd like...

Erks Eagles
June 4th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Was it "The Last Boyscout" where the RB had a handgun on the field shooting people? I'm sure you guys know what I'm talking about.

Anyway, I'll take that guy. Don't ever bring form tackling to a gun fight. You'll lose 100% of the time.

I hope Bussey pans out for you guys.

Eaglegus2
June 4th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Joe Mays always carried both his guns on campus.

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t314/B1SON/20050809bison-mays-09.jpg

Those guns are ok in a boxing ring.xnodx

Also, make sure that everyone keeps their automobile doors locked.xrolleyesx Hate for those great Bison fans to miss some of their valueables.;)

Thundering_Herd
June 4th, 2008, 06:02 PM
It seems that Coach Bohl looks at the character of recruits as well as the talent. If he's coming to NDSU I'm guessing his off-field antics haven't been a cause for concern. I don't care what he did or may have done in the past. Hopefully, he's matured and is ready to play some serious football!

I'm sure he'll be a fine addition to the Bison family! Besides, I heard he looks like another Joe Mays! The 'Hitman part Deux'!