PDA

View Full Version : Position Ratings- Tight Ends

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2008, 08:16 PM
Let's hear your tight ends. If you have an All-American candidate post them.

As usual, here are a few names to get the thread started.

Scott Sicko, New Hampshire, Jr.
Clay Harbor, Missouri State, Jr.
Robbie Agnone, Delaware, Sr.
Jerimiah Wurzbacher, North Dakota State, Sr.
Larry Hedden, Furman, Jr.
Brian Mandeville, Northeastern, Sr.
Ryan Chesla, Northern Colorado, Sr.
Shaun Fitzpatrick, Northern Arizona, Sr.
Marques Branson, Central Arkansas, Sr.

Bison101
June 3rd, 2008, 08:17 PM
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Wurz, baby!

BEAR
June 3rd, 2008, 08:26 PM
That's great to see Branson getting some attention! Go Marques!

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2008, 08:30 PM
That's great to see Branson getting some attention! Go Marques!

UCA has a lot of talent on offense. They have a solid RB, great QB, very good TE, and the OL as a whole is very good.

X-Factor
June 3rd, 2008, 08:37 PM
Wurz has prototypical size and good enough speed for a TE. If he can improve his hands just a bit then he could be an even bigger threat. At this point he might be a step or so behind All-American, but there is a lot of time between now and December to make that final list.

BEAR
June 3rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
Let's hear your tight ends. If you have an All-American candidate post them.

As usual, here are a few names to get the thread started.

Scott Sicko, New Hampshire, Jr.
Clay Harbor, Missouri State, Jr.
Robbie Agnone, Delaware, Sr.
Jerimiah Wurzbacher, North Dakota State, Sr.
Larry Hedden, Furman, Jr.
Brian Mandeville, Northeastern, Sr.
Ryan Chesla, Northern Colorado, Sr.
Shaun Fitzpatrick, Northern Arizona, Sr.
Marquez Branson, Central Arkansas, Sr. 6-3 248

What are the sizes for each of these guys? I have no clue on how big they are meant to be to play TE. A few years ago UCA had a TE that was 6'7" and 265 and went to the Broncos (Landon Trusty). Short career, but excellent ball player all the same.

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2008, 09:17 PM
What are the sizes for each of these guys? I have no clue on how big they are meant to be to play TE. A few years ago UCA had a TE that was 6'7" and 265 and went to the Broncos (Landon Trusty). Short career, but excellent ball player all the same.

Agnone is 6'6 and the rest are in the 6'3-6'5 range.

Gil Dobie
June 3rd, 2008, 10:03 PM
Wurz has prototypical size and good enough speed for a TE. If he can improve his hands just a bit then he could be an even bigger threat. At this point he might be a step or so behind All-American, but there is a lot of time between now and December to make that final list.

Agree, he's let a few slip through his hands in the past. We'll see what this year brings. xthumbsupx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 3rd, 2008, 10:06 PM
Here are the receiving stats for UNH for last year:

RECEIVING GP No. Yds Avg TD Long Avg/G
-------------------------------------------------
LeVan 12 71 843 11.9 10 57 70.2
Sicko 12 51 619 12.1 6 35 51.6
Boyle 12 50 842 16.8 7 58 70.2
J.T. Wright 12 31 356 11.5 2 38 29.7

Sicko is a capable run blocker as well. Many feel he is poised for a real breakout year in 2008.

AmsterBison
June 4th, 2008, 03:03 AM

Scott Sicko, New Hampshire, Jr. 6-3 230
Clay Harbor, Missouri State, Jr. 6-4 215
Robbie Agnone, Delaware, Sr. 6-6 250
Jerimiah Wurzbacher, North Dakota State, Sr. 6-5 250
Larry Hedden, Furman, Jr. 6-5 245
Brian Mandeville, Northeastern, Sr. 6-6, 255
Ryan Chesla, Northern Colorado, Sr. 6-5 240
Shaun Fitzpatrick, Northern Arizona, Sr. 6-2 237
Marquez Branson, Central Arkansas, Sr. 6-3 248

Just looked these up on teh interweb. The weights will undoubtedly change between now and the start of next season. I wouldn't expect the heights to change until the NFL combine :)

Even though Cal Poly's Ramses Barden plays WR in college - at 6'6 230 with a 4.63 40, I wonder if he might end up being a TE in the NFL.

The only TE of the bunch I've seen is NDSU's TE, Wurz. He is so rangy-looking that I was really surprised to see he's "only" 6'5 and even more surprised that he's gotten up to 250. He looks like a giant out there sometimes (http://pictopia.com/perl/get_image?provider_id=442&size=550x550_mb&ptp_photo_id=2567126).

South Dakota State usually has excellent TE's - anybody know who their starter will be next year?

katstrapper
June 4th, 2008, 08:06 AM
Sam Houston has a lot of new faces this year at tight with the graduation of All-American Blake Martin. We have had the luxury of having some very good tight ends, our last three were All-Americans......

Keith Heinrich, Corey Roberts, Blake Martin

Not sure how this year's crop will turn out.