PDA

View Full Version : Gateway Conference Undergoing Name Change

smallcollegefbfan
June 2nd, 2008, 06:22 PM
The word around the league is that they might change the name to the Missouri Valley Football Conference. They are already the MVC for all other sports so this would make sense.

What do you guys think?

TwinTownBisonFan
June 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
only if they let the members of the MVFC in to the MVC in other sports ;)

FargoBison
June 2nd, 2008, 06:25 PM
The word around the league is that they might change the name to the Missouri Valley Football Conference. They are already the MVC for all other sports so this would make sense.

What do you guys think?

I'm all for this change, the MVC name is a well respected in the world of NCAA athletics.

TexasTerror
June 2nd, 2008, 06:27 PM

That'd open up the Summit League for a few teams that are looking for a home...and just add more to what will be an interesting realignment to collegiate athletics just around the corner. xnodx

onbison09
June 2nd, 2008, 06:28 PM
Word is the Presidents of the Conference are going to decide this weekend whether to change the name.

smallcollegefbfan
June 2nd, 2008, 06:33 PM
Word is the Presidents of the Conference are going to decide this weekend whether to change the name.

Friday afternoon to be exact. I wasn't given a percentage of how likely it is to happen but that is has a chance to happen.

PW Bison
June 2nd, 2008, 07:04 PM
I think the name change would be good. Even if they don't let us in with the other sports. I am happy we have a home for all sports. Improvement and better conferences will come in due time.

DFW HOYA
June 2nd, 2008, 07:05 PM
It'a about time. The Missouri Valley has a long tradition in Midwestern football and this will raise the visibility of a conference where "Gateway" never caught on.

Mountain Panther
June 2nd, 2008, 07:11 PM
I like Gateway....and teams like YSU ain't even close to the real Missouri Valley.

BearsCountry
June 2nd, 2008, 09:36 PM

I would take you guys and SDSU for the MVC, now WIU and YSU no way in heck.

crunifan
June 2nd, 2008, 09:37 PM
I don't think the MVC should add any teams for all sports. 10 is the perfect number. Now say if Drake and Evansville decided to leave...xnodx

spelunker64
June 2nd, 2008, 10:01 PM
I like Gateway....and teams like YSU ain't even close to the real Missouri Valley.

Fargo and Brookings are really close to the Gateway Arch as well...xrolleyesx

:)

JayJ79
June 2nd, 2008, 10:27 PM

that won't happen. I don't see the MVC adding anyone in other sports, as that would affect the round-robin format for basketball

Gil Dobie
June 3rd, 2008, 07:43 AM
The name change would be a positive change, IMO.

graysky
June 3rd, 2008, 09:19 AM
I thought the Gateway was a fine name. Certainly it is a respected conference. I am a McNeese State Alumni and am ashamed at how weak the Southland conference has become. My University easily wins the conference trophy every year. Missouri State has their work cut out for them, having to play Youngstown, Northern Iowa, Dakota State, etc. But back on track here..........there was nothing wrong with the name "Gateway" and Missouri Valley tends to look like it is a Missouri Conference only. (As much as I love Missouri and even lived in Springfield for 2 years....nice) Why waste so much time on this silly name change.

JayJ79
June 3rd, 2008, 11:04 AM
there was nothing wrong with the name "Gateway" and Missouri Valley tends to look like it is a Missouri Conference only. (As much as I love Missouri and even lived in Springfield for 2 years....nice) Why waste so much time on this silly name change.

Yes, and the Ohio Valley Conference is strictly an Ohio conference only....
(except I don't think they have a single thing to do with the state of Ohio)

As far as Gateway Football vs. MVC football, it doesn't make any difference to me

I-AA Fan
June 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM

What do you guys think?

I suspect you are correct, but the name MVC is not one being considered. I do have some inside information, but I promised to keep it to myself & have a couple of web site of my own that can use a "scoop". I can say this though: The name change (if any) is being done for more strategic reasons, with possible shifts later (ie: move away from the MVC, and/or to IA/FBS). The MVC does not carry that much weight outside of Missouri, and a team like YSU is already in a very good basketball conference, with obligations. There is just too many teams in the GFC that do not want the affiliation with the MVC, as they already have obligations with other non-football conferences. I have been in contact with Patty Viverito on this & I cannot say much as of yet. For now, this is all I have.

GradBison
June 3rd, 2008, 01:37 PM
The MVC has got to be the more recognized name, a conference name change would be welcomed!

BearsCountry
June 3rd, 2008, 01:57 PM
MVC name doesnt carry that much weight outside of Missouri? Ha thats funny. MVC would be the most household name of the FCS conferences outside of the Ivy League. All bc Youngstown State sucks in basketball and all other sports besides football doesnt mean much to the rest of the conference. Western Illinois would give the world to be involved with the MVC is some form and the Dakotas would to.

PantherRob82
June 3rd, 2008, 02:41 PM
MVC name doesnt carry that much weight outside of Missouri? Ha thats funny. MVC would be the most household name of the FCS conferences outside of the Ivy League. All bc Youngstown State sucks in basketball and all other sports besides football doesnt mean much to the rest of the conference. Western Illinois would give the world to be involved with the MVC is some form and the Dakotas would to.

Exactly. The MVC name does not make people think of Missouri. It makes people think of a historic conf with many NCAA BBall tourney runs and historically good football.

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2008, 03:02 PM
I suspect you are correct, but the name MVC is not one being considered. I do have some inside information, but I promised to keep it to myself & have a couple of web site of my own that can use a "scoop". I can say this though: The name change (if any) is being done for more strategic reasons, with possible shifts later (ie: move away from the MVC, and/or to IA/FBS). The MVC does not carry that much weight outside of Missouri, and a team like YSU is already in a very good basketball conference, with obligations. There is just too many teams in the GFC that do not want the affiliation with the MVC, as they already have obligations with other non-football conferences. I have been in contact with Patty Viverito on this & I cannot say much as of yet. For now, this is all I have.

Never said I told everything I knew either. xsmiley_wix

What other FCS websites are out there besides TSN and CSN?

From what I have heard MVC is being considered and someone told me that anything otherwise would be incorrect.

Always interesting to see if others are hearing the same thing. xthumbsupx

I-AA Fan
June 3rd, 2008, 03:47 PM
Exactly. The MVC name does not make people think of Missouri. It makes people think of a historic conf with many NCAA BBall tourney runs and historically good football.

Mid-major is the problem, and other MM conferences have had as much historical bkb success, if not more (aka Gonzaga, Butler, Xavier, UMass, etc). Look beyond the blinders. If your school is affiliated with another conference (Summit, Horizon, etc.) for non-football sports, that conference might have something to say about a direct affiliation with the MVC regardless of what the school and fans think. Also, I am the only one here old enough to remember MVC football & it was a 1-team conference then ...Tulsa. One has to go way back to get teams like Missouri, Kansas, etc..

SmallCollegeFBFan: I would be willing to bet that there is no name change, or that it is not a name closely affiliated with the Valley ...just my opinion. More interesting will be the teams that stay in the GFC, if they change the name to MVC ...a great predictor of future memebers.

crunifan
June 3rd, 2008, 04:35 PM
It's a fact, In the Midwest the Big 10 and Big 12 are tops followed by the MVC. Nothing else in the Midwest is close.

And as far as non-BCS basketball conferences the only one close right now is the A-10 (which the MVC beat head to head this year).

BearsCountry
June 3rd, 2008, 04:48 PM
If Youngstown wants to leave that would be fine with me, I could really care less if they are in our conference or not.

JBB
June 3rd, 2008, 04:55 PM
These kinds of problems arise when the schools are not participating in all sports. The strongest conferences are the conferences where all schools participate in all sports.

dbackjon
June 3rd, 2008, 05:10 PM
These kinds of problems arise when the schools are not participating in all sports. The strongest conferences are the conferences where all schools participate in all sports.

That is one thing that is great about the Big Sky - all members play the 14 core sports (except MSU in men's tennis).

smallcollegefbfan
June 3rd, 2008, 05:30 PM
Mid-major is the problem, and other MM conferences have had as much historical bkb success, if not more (aka Gonzaga, Butler, Xavier, UMass, etc). Look beyond the blinders. If your school is affiliated with another conference (Summit, Horizon, etc.) for non-football sports, that conference might have something to say about a direct affiliation with the MVC regardless of what the school and fans think. Also, I am the only one here old enough to remember MVC football & it was a 1-team conference then ...Tulsa. One has to go way back to get teams like Missouri, Kansas, etc..

SmallCollegeFBFan: I would be willing to bet that there is no name change, or that it is not a name closely affiliated with the Valley ...just my opinion. More interesting will be the teams that stay in the GFC, if they change the name to MVC ...a great predictor of future memebers.

It will be interesting to see. We should know by Friday.

bisonguy
June 3rd, 2008, 05:45 PM
Fargo and Brookings are really close to the Gateway Arch as well...xrolleyesx

:)

Ummm.......

http://www.cityoffargo.com/attachments/840b850d-0733-4f43-9305-039368efd231/police-badge-scan-3in.jpg

Thundar
June 3rd, 2008, 06:14 PM
That is one thing that is great about the Big Sky - all members play the 14 core sports (except MSU in men's tennis).

then all members don't support 14 right?? just Some members?xpeacex

dbackjon
June 3rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
then all members don't support 14 right?? just Some members?xpeacex

MSU has an exemption because they have a Skiing team. Which is why I said EXCEPT...But the big sports - football, basketball, etc are all the same.

JayJ79
June 3rd, 2008, 07:48 PM
who cares about anything beyond football?

j/k ;op

SteelCurtain
June 3rd, 2008, 08:15 PM

According to who??? I am so tired of fans in Fargo that are never satisfied..We are lucky to have a conference affiliation right away lets "jump ship and get in the MVC. We would be so over matched in that B-Ball conference it's not funny... We are not even close in the amt of money in our b-ball program or have a facility that is worthy of that conference.

Let's just try to be successful in the Summit before we get ahead of ourselves.

Bison101
June 3rd, 2008, 08:19 PM

You've got a point. It's nice to have a name that seems to apply to all of the teams. As a NDSU fan, being assocsiated with a land far away might take awa from the idea of our program.

jessesd
June 3rd, 2008, 11:26 PM
the change from Gateway Football to MVC sounds similar and may be a precursor to what's to happen in the future....maybe something like the transition from A-10 football conference to the CAA Football, same teams??? diferent approach? different goals?

mizzoufan1
June 3rd, 2008, 11:54 PM
I think that if the Gateway want to switch names to Missouri Valley Football Conferece then so be it.

I am just wondering if this is the start of another set of FCS Conference shifts...

Syntax Error
June 4th, 2008, 12:01 AM
if they roll this out on Friday, who can be really against it? and why?

graysky
June 4th, 2008, 06:21 AM

While living in Springfield I adopted the Missouri State Bears, athough I moved back to Louisiana over a year ago. Missouri State football plays "second fiddle" to their womens' basketball program. The Springfield News-Leader is nothing but a "media cheerleader" for women's basketball. The MVC is known for "Basketball". And Basketball will overshadow football if they marry the two, Just like basketball overshadows Terry Allens' Missouri State Bears. I hope Springfield and Missouri gets on the bandwagon before the Missouri Bears win the Gateway, because this will happen in the next 4 years. By the way, my sister and mother played basketball..........I played football. Silly bear, football is for boys!

ysubigred
June 4th, 2008, 06:25 AM
I would take you guys and SDSU for the MVC, now WIU and YSU no way in heck.

Sick of losing to us xlolx :D

ysubigred
June 4th, 2008, 06:37 AM

Exactlly!! That's why Y-town don't embrace the GFC teams or have any rivalry's. The only time we see UNI, IL ST etc.. is during football. Personally I don't give a rat's azz about any sport but Football at YSU even when I was a student there, but I'd love to see them be successful in all sports. Saddly YSU is "SUPPOSED" to be a cash strapped University so we'll have to be a multi-conference school with out a regional home xbawlingx

BearsCountry
June 4th, 2008, 03:15 PM
While living in Springfield I adopted the Missouri State Bears, athough I moved back to Louisiana over a year ago. Missouri State football plays "second fiddle" to their womens' basketball program. The Springfield News-Leader is nothing but a "media cheerleader" for women's basketball. The MVC is known for "Basketball". And Basketball will overshadow football if they marry the two, Just like basketball overshadows Terry Allens' Missouri State Bears. I hope Springfield and Missouri gets on the bandwagon before the Missouri Bears win the Gateway, because this will happen in the next 4 years. By the way, my sister and mother played basketball..........I played football. Silly bear, football is for boys!

Men's basketball is the sport in Springfield. They got alot of pub for a while but the men's program still had better attendance and made more money.

PS Football bandwagon is filling up. Coach Allen is slowly turning things around.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 5th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Article came out on this:

http://www.championshipsubdivisionnews.com/?title=schools-to-discuss-changing-gateway-foot&more=1&c=1&tb=1&pb=1

Like the river that bears its first name, the issue that will confront the Missouri Valley Conference on Friday has its share of depth and twists. At stake is changing the name of the Gateway Football Conference to the Missouri Valley Football Conference.

It will be the top issue when league presidents from the Missouri Valley and the Gateway – the football-only league comprised of schools from the Missouri Valley, Summit League and Ohio Valley Conference – meet in St. Louis.

The Gateway presidents will gather first and presidents of the Gateway and Missouri Valley are scheduled for a joint meeting later in the day. North Dakota State belongs to the Summit for most of its sports and was admitted into the Gateway Football Conference beginning this fall.

My initial thoughts about this:

1) Shouldn't this resurrect serious talk of Wichita State bringing back FCS football under the MVC banner?

2) Doesn't Drake (and Bradley, Creighton, and Evansville) look out-of-place in this conference? And doesn't Youngstown State, Wright State, Cleveland State, and UW-GB seem to fit better in terms of missions (state universities)? Is a 4-for-4 swap possible with the Horizon, or do b-ball considerations make that impossible?

3) With a re-aligned MVC and Horizon, might it be possible that Bradley, Creighton and/or Evansville restart non-scholly football and play in the PFL? And might another domino fall - making a Horizon non-scholly league, and Atlantic Sun non-scholly league, while pushing USD into the arms of the GWFC?

Shockerman
June 5th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Hopefully I can help you out on these questions...

My initial thoughts about this:

1) Shouldn't this resurrect serious talk of Wichita State bringing back FCS football under the MVC banner?
Yes, this would put more pressure on President Beggs to reconsider Football. When Begss was hired as President by the Board of Regents there was speculation that he was told he would get the job as long as he did not attempt to reinstate Football. At the time the board of Regents only had KU alumni on it. A few years back they changed the law so that the boad of regents was more inclusive allowing equal representation. We have a new athletic director who is the son of the best known former WSU Football player. Beggs reportedly turned down an offer of 10 million dollars to help re-start the Football program. (One source says it was closer to 20 million) Anyways, there are currently two different groups tyring to raise money in order to get Football back. It is not a question of if but a question of when will the team be back.

2) Doesn't Drake (and Bradley, Creighton, and Evansville) look out-of-place in this conference? And doesn't Youngstown State, Wright State, Cleveland State, and UW-GB seem to fit better in terms of missions (state universities)? Is a 4-for-4 swap possible with the Horizon, or do b-ball considerations make that impossible?

Never possible. Like the ACC, Big East or the old A-10 the MVC is a basketball conference first. Those schools will never be in the current MVC. If it were to happen schools like SIU, MSU, WSU, and CU would be gone in a heartbeat.

3) With a re-aligned MVC and Horizon, might it be possible that Bradley, Creighton and/or Evansville restart non-scholly football and play in the PFL? And might another domino fall - making a Horizon non-scholly league, and Atlantic Sun non-scholly league, while pushing USD into the arms of the GWFC?
Evansville has been checking out the PFL the last few years and could someday go that route again. Creighton will never have Football again. They are in Nebraska. Have you ever been to Omaha on a UNL Gameday? My brother used to live there and he loved UNL Football because he would have the golf course all to himself on gameday. As far as Bradley goes I am not sure. I think they have invested heavy into Mens Soccer and have no space on campus for a Football stadium. I could see Drake and Evansville eventually teaming up with other PFL teams for a new conference if this MVC Football thing goes through. Creighton and Bradley are ripe to be picked up in a Big East split conference that included Xavier, Marquette, Depaul etc...Who knows though.

Anything that help the Shox field a Football team I am all for. Hopefull the name gets changed.

CollegeSportsInfo
June 5th, 2008, 02:10 PM
I've always been a big fan of a future Gateway name change to MVC simply because of the minor benefits of becoming an all-sports confernece.

But just to play devil's advocate...

Couldn't one argue that Gateway Conference might be a better overall name for the all-sports league than Missouri Valley Conference? And that a name change for the all-sports league to Gateway Conference might be a solid option?

BearsCountry
June 5th, 2008, 02:12 PM

Like shockerman said impossible.

skinny_uncle
June 5th, 2008, 02:14 PM
who cares about anything beyond football?

j/k ;op
Basketball is still king in the Valley.

BearsCountry
June 5th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I've always been a big fan of a future Gateway name change to MVC simply because of the minor benefits of becoming an all-sports confernece.

But just to play devil's advocate...

Couldn't one argue that Gateway Conference might be a better overall name for the all-sports league than Missouri Valley Conference? And that a name change for the all-sports league to Gateway Conference might be a solid option?

Not going to happen bc all of the MVC schools save Creighton and Evansville used to be in the Gateway Conference. That was the name of the women's sport conference all the schools were in. They then merged with the MVC and kept the MVC name.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 5th, 2008, 02:24 PM
Question: does Drake have anything to fear in terms of the MVC wanting to suck its non-scholarship FB program into the conference?

I ask because Drake would become unique in FCS in terms of affiliates. All other affiliates have as their main conferences conferences that don't sponsor football (like the A-10, WCC, A-Sun, etc.) Drake would be the only one, I think - in the MVC for everything, but in the football-only PFL for football.

I would think the pressure to jump into the MVC in football would be immense...

skinny_uncle
June 5th, 2008, 02:32 PM
Question: does Drake have anything to fear in terms of the MVC wanting to suck its non-scholarship FB program into the conference?

I ask because Drake would become unique in FCS in terms of affiliates. All other affiliates have as their main conferences conferences that don't sponsor football (like the A-10, WCC, A-Sun, etc.) Drake would be the only one, I think - in the MVC for everything, but in the football-only PFL for football.

Unless the folks at Drake are willing to pony up for scholarships, I don't see any change in their situation. It is not really unique, just unusual. SIU competes in the Valley in every sport except men's swimming in which they compete in the Sunbelt.

Bison05
June 5th, 2008, 03:42 PM

I might be wrong but I think Davidson is in the Southern COnference for everything except football, where they are in the PFL. So there is precedent for belonging to a conference that sponsors football and not being in that conference for football.

dbackjon
June 5th, 2008, 05:54 PM
I might be wrong but I think Davidson is in the Southern COnference for everything except football, where they are in the PFL. So there is precedent for belonging to a conference that sponsors football and not being in that conference for football.

As is Morehead State, in OVC for all sports except football.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 5th, 2008, 07:04 PM

As is Morehead State, in OVC for all sports except football.

Both right, of course. Although both schools are also under some degree of pressure to go scholarship, too: Davidson due their historic SoCon connection and Morehead State because they are the only state school in the PFL. IMO, of course.

BearsCountry
June 5th, 2008, 09:49 PM
The only real pressure I could see Drake in is if the MVC members decided to push for FBS membership. Other than that I dont see a whole lot.

RabidRabbit
June 6th, 2008, 10:25 AM
Isn't there a NCAA requirement that if at least six teams that are in the same sport share other sports, that that conference must be sponsored by that conference?

Right now, Mo Valley has 5 FCS full schollie, and 1 non-schollie team playing FCS football. If Wichita St. brings back football, then that becomes 6.

When ODU starts playing football, and I understand GA St. will also be starting football, does the CAA football league kick out the non-CAA teams? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

My highest concern with a name change to Mo Valley from Gateway is the drive that it will create for the SUMMIT to reach 6 FCS football members, and revamp the Great West into the SUMMIT football league, dragging SDSU, WIU and NDSU out of the Gateway back into a SUMMIT league of the 4 Dakotas, SUU, WIU and affiliate members Cal Poly and UC-Davis.

IMHO a SUMMIT league is a minimum of 10 years away (UND & USD must be much closer to core eligibility, occurs in 2020), but a reintroduced Mo Valley conference could drive this forward sooner.

The flip side, is perhaps this is the toe-hold of getting SDSU/WIU/NDSU into Mo Valley conference in all sports. xwhistlex

Lehigh Football Nation
June 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Isn't there a NCAA requirement that if at least six teams that are in the same sport share other sports, that that conference must be sponsored by that conference?

Right now, Mo Valley has 5 FCS full schollie, and 1 non-schollie team playing FCS football. If Wichita St. brings back football, then that becomes 6.

When ODU starts playing football, and I understand GA St. will also be starting football, does the CAA football league kick out the non-CAA teams? xconfusedx xconfusedx xconfusedx

My highest concern with a name change to Mo Valley from Gateway is the drive that it will create for the SUMMIT to reach 6 FCS football members, and revamp the Great West into the SUMMIT football league, dragging SDSU, WIU and NDSU out of the Gateway back into a SUMMIT league of the 4 Dakotas, SUU, WIU and affiliate members Cal Poly and UC-Davis.

IMHO a SUMMIT league is a minimum of 10 years away (UND & USD must be much closer to core eligibility, occurs in 2020), but a reintroduced Mo Valley conference could drive this forward sooner.

The flip side, is perhaps this is the toe-hold of getting SDSU/WIU/NDSU into Mo Valley conference in all sports. xwhistlex

If it's an NCAA requirement.... the MVC would already be in violation of it today, since it does have six schools that sponsor football. That leads me to believe that it's not the case.

For Morehead State (OVC) and Davidson (SoCon), this wouldn't an issue since they are already sponsoring a conference.....

This also speaks to the pressure that would be on Drake to join should the MVC want to take over the Gateway by name... if there are NCAA rules on "named" conferences there would be additional pressure on them.

RabidRabbit
June 6th, 2008, 11:53 AM
If it's an NCAA requirement.... the MVC would already be in violation of it today, since it does have six schools that sponsor football. That leads me to believe that it's not the case.

For Morehead State (OVC) and Davidson (SoCon), this wouldn't an issue since they are already sponsoring a conference.....

This also speaks to the pressure that would be on Drake to join should the MVC want to take over the Gateway by name... if there are NCAA rules on "named" conferences there would be additional pressure on them.

Drake, like Morehead State and Davidson, is a non-schollie, therefore not playing at the same level as the other five FCS schools. So no issue. The more apt example of concern is going to be the CAA with Ga St and ODU added to the mix. In that case there will be >6 CAA. How about if the A-10 adds so they have >6 playing FCS schollie ball (isn't there a 3rd conference also involved? can't check from work, sorry). If there are two conferences involved, both with more than 6 of their BB conference teams playing the same level of football, don't they have to split to the respective conferences?

DetroitFlyer
June 6th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Drake, like Morehead State and Davidson, is a non-schollie, therefore not playing at the same level as the other five FCS schools. So no issue. The more apt example of concern is going to be the CAA with Ga St and ODU added to the mix. In that case there will be >6 CAA. How about if the A-10 adds so they have >6 playing FCS schollie ball (isn't there a 3rd conference also involved? can't check from work, sorry). If there are two conferences involved, both with more than 6 of their BB conference teams playing the same level of football, don't they have to split to the respective conferences?

Maybe you should ask Illinois State if Drake is playing on the same level....

Franks Tanks
June 6th, 2008, 12:04 PM

They are FCS period it really doesnt matter how they fund the team. It is very difficult to define exactly what non-scholarship constitutes anyway so regulation of this would be impossible.

Lehigh Football Nation
June 6th, 2008, 12:21 PM

xconfusedx There are already six A-10 schools playing FCS football: Dayton, Duquesne, Fordham, UMass, URI, Richmond. And last year there were seven (LaSalle).

Although it might be popular to say "non-scholly-D-I's don't count", for the NCAA's purposes they absolutely do count. Unless there's a specific exemption for non-scholly football (which I highly doubt there is).

There probably isn't a rule specifying this, IMO.

Hammersmith
June 6th, 2008, 01:25 PM
Generally, rules like that are part of the conference's bylaws, not the NCAA's. I've heard that the Big Ten has a clause like that(it comes up in hockey discussions), but each conference handles it their own way. Like LFN said, if the MVC had a rule like that, it would've come into play years ago.

My take is that every school involved is trying not to rock the boat. The MVC/GFC faction(UNI/SIU/MSU/ISU^2) is stressing that nothing will change with the new name. The MVC faction(WSU/CU/BU/UE) sounds like they'll be okay with the idea as long as there are absolutely no structural or political changes to the MVC(basketball must remain top dog). The GFC faction(xDSU/WIU/YSU) will probably like the idea since at least 3 of the 4 would love even the smallest inclusion in the MVC. The only two schools I could see having a real problem with it are Drake and Youngstown State. Then again, I'm new to MVC politics, so I'm probably missing a fair amount of stuff.

skinny_uncle
June 6th, 2008, 05:04 PM
It's a done deal.

http://www.nmnathletics.com.edgesuite.net/pics11/200/JN/JNMKVBILUXHCJDO.20080606185139.jpg

Missouri Valley Football Conference (http://www.mvc-sports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=7600&ATCLID=1478424)

PantherRob82
June 6th, 2008, 05:11 PM

No way on WIU.

PantherRob82
June 6th, 2008, 05:14 PM
Maybe you should ask Illinois State if Drake is playing on the same level....

Maybe Drake should ask UNI if they are on the same level. :D ;)

dbackjon
June 6th, 2008, 05:36 PM
No way on WIU.

Curious - why? Facilities? Support?? Geographically, they are in the footprint, good sized state school, decent academically.

PantherRob82
June 6th, 2008, 06:09 PM
Curious - why? Facilities? Support?? Geographically, they are in the footprint, good sized state school, decent academically.

Not sure on other sports facilities. Football is ok. Support is not that great, the other sports aren't that good and there is a super small population base.

Shockerman
June 6th, 2008, 06:19 PM
No way on WIU.

Truer words have never been spoken. "Think Basketball." Why would you want to drop your conference RPI by adding WIU. SIU and ISU red would bail for sure. A swap I would make though is Evansville and Drake for NDSU and SDSU...assuing NDSU gets that arena built. They are MSU and UNI part II.

TheValleyRaider
June 6th, 2008, 06:27 PM

There probably isn't a rule specifying this, IMO.

Generally, rules like that are part of the conference's bylaws, not the NCAA's. I've heard that the Big Ten has a clause like that(it comes up in hockey discussions), but each conference handles it their own way. Like LFN said, if the MVC had a rule like that, it would've come into play years ago.

The infamous "Big Ten Hockey Conference" discussions. That discussion always pops up whenever people want to consider a school like Penn State or Iowa starting varsity Men's Hockey, which by Big Ten bylaws would force the creation of the the BTHC (consisting of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio St. and mystery school #6). Depending on who you talk to, this would either be the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey (creating exposure and the like), or destroy the fabric of the historic game by putting schools with great history like Denver, Colorado College, North Dakota, Lake Superior, Northern Michigan and others out in the proverbial cold without their big-name conference mates

In short, no, this is not an NCAA law xtwocentsx

UNH_Alum_In_CT
June 6th, 2008, 06:35 PM
Yes, the annual off season thread that stirs emotions incredibly on the USCHO Forum -- BTHC!!! xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx :p OMG, what a shyte storm that topic always causes. Valley Raider, why don't you go start this year's version. You'll be the most popular guy in Denver, Colorado Springs, Grand Forks, the UP, etc. ;) xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

TheValleyRaider
June 6th, 2008, 06:38 PM
Yes, the annual off season thread that stirs emotions incredibly on the USCHO Forum -- BTHC!!! xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx xrotatehx :p OMG, what a shyte storm that topic always causes. Valley Raider, why don't you go start this year's version. You'll be the most popular guy in Denver, Colorado Springs, Grand Forks, the UP, etc. ;) xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Why do you think I'm talking about it here? xsmiley_wix :p xlolx

dbackjon
June 6th, 2008, 06:55 PM
The infamous "Big Ten Hockey Conference" discussions. That discussion always pops up whenever people want to consider a school like Penn State or Iowa starting varsity Men's Hockey, which by Big Ten bylaws would force the creation of the the BTHC (consisting of Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St., Ohio St. and mystery school #6). Depending on who you talk to, this would either be the greatest thing to ever happen to college hockey (creating exposure and the like), or destroy the fabric of the historic game by putting schools with great history like Denver, Colorado College, North Dakota, Lake Superior, Northern Michigan and others out in the proverbial cold without their big-name conference mates

In short, no, this is not an NCAA law xtwocentsx

Why do you think I'm talking about it here? xsmiley_wix :p xlolx

One of my lottery dreams is to build a hockey arena at University of Illinois and fund a men's varsity hockey team. I used to love to watch the club team play at the dump of a rink they play in.

I-AA Fan
June 6th, 2008, 07:15 PM
As to my opinion, let me preface it by stating I find basketball to be nothing but the purgatory I have to suffer through between football and baseball. A Ghetto sport with a talent level that cannot even perform a simple lay-up any more. However, I do try to follow college hoops to some degree. That being said:

Between the Horizon and MVC basketball (men’s), one of those conferences has had all but one of its 9 members make the NCAA. Of those 8, all but 1 has advanced into the sweet-16 with three of them doing it multiple times. Guess what? It is not the MVC, so get off of your high horse.

As to the slighting of YSU football from our SMS/MSU friend, here is another set of facts. The GFC would be nothing right now, but the 2-bit, one-bid conference that it used to be if it was not for YSU. It was the Penguins admission in 1997 that brought the conference the respect and credibility it has always deserved …but never had. YSU was in 2 title games in its first three years in the GFC, despite not winning the conference any of those years. Next to YSU, it was the Hilltoppers of WKU opened the eyes of anyone but a small group of “die-hard player parents” when they won the title in their first season as a GFC member. So you may not care if YSU leaves, but you should.

Furthermore, the closest Gateway school to YSU is over 7-hours away. In that same time, we could get to just about every member of the PL, CAA, and most members of the OVC. So it was not as if YSU fans were begging to join the Gateway. YSU will hit an average GFC away game with a few hundred fans at best …those that came on the plane. Yet, YSU put almost 7500 fans in Ohio Stadium last year (a 3 hour drive), and over 20,000 the last time we traveled to one of our rivals away from home (Kent State about 30 minutes away). YSU does not have single GFC rival, no team to look forward to playing. So in other words, to YSU fans, the GFC is nothing but a tool to put the team where everyone wants them to be …in the post-season.

Furthermore, to the average Penguin fan, there is no sport other than football. Football was born in the Valley (Mahoning, not Missouri), the first pro teams were here, and the hall of fame is in the area. So to our favorite SMS fan, non-football sports are the only thing you can talk about; for as bad as YSU has been in football in recent times, I do not recall losing the Bears. I find your comments pretty bold to make on a football site.
I would also like to point out that the true sign of respect is when others want what you have. The head football coaches of 3 successful DII schools and Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arizona State, Marshall, Kansas, Michigan State, and Ohio State all hail from Youngstown and all but 2 of those people are former Penguin coaches.

As to YSU’s other sports all “sucking” and you would rather see the Dakota’s in the MVC? YSU baseball, women’s basketball, Pen and Lady Pens Track are all quite successful. In baseball, YSU has had 7 players drafted in this decade alone, including a 1st-rounder …and 5 all-Americans’. YSU’s facility holds 6300 and is considered one of the best at our level. I cannot think of a year YSU did not have at least 1/2-dozen T&F athletes qualify for the NCAA's. YSU track & Field has won 17 conference crowns (over 2 conferences) since 1994. I might also point out that YSU women's basketball has had success. Including a string of conference crowns and advancing in the NCAA tourney in the last 10-years. In men’s BkB, YSU did very well in their last conference …the Mid-Con/Summit, when it was much stronger than it is now … which if I am not mistaken is where the xDSU’s are now. Yet, we are not even competitive in the Horizon. So take it from me, the conferences are not even close when it comes to strength.

As to the name change, personally I do not care, as I would hope this would be the “straw” that finally forces the YSU administration to get out of the conference. All this means is that YSU is now a minor player in a basketball conference …and no matter what their PR says …an associate member. If this part of a move to IA, I may be in favor. In the mean, are they going to offer on-line all games? Is the deal with FSN Midwest going to cover the games? Wouldn’t it be nice to be on FSN Ohio or Pittsburgh …channels that people in Ohio can watch?

BearsCountry
June 6th, 2008, 07:39 PM
As to my opinion, let me preface it by stating I find basketball to be nothing but the purgatory I have to suffer through between football and baseball. A Ghetto sport with a talent level that cannot even perform a simple lay-up any more. However, I do try to follow college hoops to some degree. That being said:

Between the Horizon and MVC basketball (men’s), one of those conferences has had all but one of its 9 members make the NCAA. Of those 8, all but 1 has advanced into the sweet-16 with three of them doing it multiple times. Guess what? It is not the MVC, so get off of your high horse.

As to the slighting of YSU football from our SMS/MSU friend, here is another set of facts. The GFC would be nothing right now, but the 2-bit, one-bid conference that it used to be if it was not for YSU. It was the Penguins admission in 1997 that brought the conference the respect and credibility it has always deserved …but never had. YSU was in 2 title games in its first three years in the GFC, despite not winning the conference any of those years. Next to YSU, it was the Hilltoppers of WKU opened the eyes of anyone but a small group of “die-hard player parents” when they won the title in their first season as a GFC member. So you may not care if YSU leaves, but you should.

Furthermore, the closest Gateway school to YSU is over 7-hours away. In that same time, we could get to just about every member of the PL, CAA, and most members of the OVC. So it was not as if YSU fans were begging to join the Gateway. YSU will hit an average GFC away game with a few hundred fans at best …those that came on the plane. Yet, YSU put almost 7500 fans in Ohio Stadium last year (a 3 hour drive), and over 20,000 the last time we traveled to one of our rivals away from home (Kent State about 30 minutes away). YSU does not have single GFC rival, no team to look forward to playing. So in other words, to YSU fans, the GFC is nothing but a tool to put the team where everyone wants them to be …in the post-season.

Furthermore, to the average Penguin fan, there is no sport other than football. Football was born in the Valley (Mahoning, not Missouri), the first pro teams were here, and the hall of fame is in the area. So to our favorite SMS fan, non-football sports are the only thing you can talk about; for as bad as YSU has been in football in recent times, I do not recall losing the Bears. I find your comments pretty bold to make on a football site.
I would also like to point out that the true sign of respect is when others want what you have. The head football coaches of 3 successful DII schools and Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arizona State, Marshall, Kansas, Michigan State, and Ohio State all hail from Youngstown and all but 2 of those people are former Penguin coaches.

As to YSU’s other sports all “sucking” and you would rather see the Dakota’s in the MVC? YSU baseball, women’s basketball, Pen and Lady Pens Track are all quite successful. In baseball, YSU has had 7 players drafted in this decade alone, including a 1st-rounder …and 5 all-Americans’. YSU’s facility holds 6300 and is considered one of the best at our level. I cannot think of a year YSU did not have at least 1/2-dozen T&F athletes qualify for the NCAA's. YSU track & Field has won 17 conference crowns (over 2 conferences) since 1994. I might also point out that YSU women's basketball has had success. Including a string of conference crowns and advancing in the NCAA tourney in the last 10-years. In men’s BkB, YSU did very well in their last conference …the Mid-Con/Summit, when it was much stronger than it is now … which if I am not mistaken is where the xDSU’s are now. Yet, we are not even competitive in the Horizon. So take it from me, the conferences are not even close when it comes to strength.

As to the name change, personally I do not care, as I would hope this would be the “straw” that finally forces the YSU administration to get out of the conference. All this means is that YSU is now a minor player in a basketball conference …and no matter what their PR says …an associate member. If this part of a move to IA, I may be in favor. In the mean, are they going to offer on-line all games? Is the deal with FSN Midwest going to cover the games? Wouldn’t it be nice to be on FSN Ohio or Pittsburgh …channels that people in Ohio can watch?

Your basketball facts are little wrong - all ten of the MVC members has made the NCAA tournament in basketball since 1998. And please dont compare the Horizon League to the MVC, we have owned you guys on the court.

Now to Youngstown, I respect your program and what has done but I could honestly care less if you are in our conference. Be honest I wish you guys had left instead of Western Kentucky, who should be in the Valley right now instead of Evansville but thats a different story. And when we say we want NDSU and SDSU in the MVC, we look at their potential and what they are capale of. Basically they fit the mold of the other Valley schools.

Shockerman
June 6th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Wow, don't let the door hit YSU on the way out, enjoy moving to the OVC. As far as the MVC vs Horizon pissing match we won't even go there.

For those wondering about MVC bylaws and Football here is the official bylaw about that subject.

7.6 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Conference will sponsor championships in any sport in which half or more member institutions sponsor an NCAA Division I varsity team.

I couldn't find anything about requiring schools to field their team in said conference. One would have to assume though that Drake has some sort of exception that I didn't find. I think the real key is the definition of the word "sponsor." Maybe it ties in with Scholarships. The funny thing is that there has been 5 Football schools since the 80's but they have played under the Gateway, which we all know was the MVC's baby. Plus, when Tulsa was in the MVC their Football team was FBS and did not play in the Gateway. So somewhere there is a loophole and my guess is that "sponsor" is it.

JayJ79
June 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM

From anything I can gather, all that has changed is the name.
The MVFC will still operate under a "separate administrative umbrella, as the Missouri Valley Conference and the Missouri Valley Football Conference will remain separate entities."

JUST like it was when it was the Gateway. Maybe more changes will come down the road. But frankly, those same changes could have just as easily been made if they had kept the "Gateway" name.

ISUMatt
June 6th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Its better than bad, Its good!!!

TheValleyRaider
June 6th, 2008, 10:35 PM
One of my lottery dreams is to build a hockey arena at University of Illinois and fund a men's varsity hockey team. I used to love to watch the club team play at the dump of a rink they play in.

Fine, but we'll know to where to send the remaining WCHA and CCHA schools and fans when this goes down.... xwhistlex xsmiley_wix

jcf5445
June 7th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Wow, don't let the door hit YSU on the way out, enjoy moving to the OVC. As far as the MVC vs Horizon pissing match we won't even go there.

For those wondering about MVC bylaws and Football here is the official bylaw about that subject.

7.6 CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIPS
The Conference will sponsor championships in any sport in which half or more member institutions sponsor an NCAA Division I varsity team.

I couldn't find anything about requiring schools to field their team in said conference. One would have to assume though that Drake has some sort of exception that I didn't find. I think the real key is the definition of the word "sponsor." Maybe it ties in with Scholarships. The funny thing is that there has been 5 Football schools since the 80's but they have played under the Gateway, which we all know was the MVC's baby. Plus, when Tulsa was in the MVC their Football team was FBS and did not play in the Gateway. So somewhere there is a loophole and my guess is that "sponsor" is it.

Actually, the Gateway was formed as a merger between the Mid-Continent Conference and Missouri Valley members that chose to stay at I-AA. In 1985, the 4 Mid-Continent members (Northern Iowa, Southwest Missouri State, Eastern Illinois, and Western Illinois) were joined under the Gateway (which was a women's sports conference) name along with Illinois State and Southern Illinois. Indiana State joined the following year after the Missouri Valley officially chose to drop football.

The final lineup of Missouri Valley Conference members in football in 1985 included Tulsa, Wichita State, Drake, West Texas State, and Indiana State. I think Illinois State and Southern Illinois maintained some type of dual membership between the Missouri Valley and Gateway during that season. Tulsa and Wichita State were I-A members and the rest were I-AA. After the MVC dropped football, Tulsa and Wichita State went I-A independent, Drake dropped to DIII, and West Texas State dropped to DII. Indiana State joined the other two members in the Gateway.

The MVC was not directly associated with the Gateway until about 1992, which was after they had added Northern Iowa and Southwest Missouri State, giving the MVC a 5-2 majority in the Gateway over the Mid-Con, who had held a 4-3 majority. I can see in 4 or 5 years some tension between the Mid-Con, now Summit League, and the MVC over football teams. They currently have 3 members of the MVFC and will more than likely add the UxD's in a 3 or 4 years, giving them 6 full-fledged FCS teams - enough to start a conference and earn an autobid, especially if Davis and Poly came on as associate members. It'll be interesting to see what happens when that takes place. If I were the MVC, I would look long and hard at expanding in the next couple of years, adding either the NDxU's or Western Illinois to prevent the Summit League from gaining any momentum in football.

skinny_uncle
June 7th, 2008, 07:12 PM
In 1985 the Salukis finished sixth in the MVC and third in the Gateway. That was a strange situation. They also lost to the University of Illinois that year 28-25 when they missed a last minute field goal.

smallcollegefbfan
June 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM

You should have listened. xsmiley_wix

Just teasing with you. xthumbsupx

Purple For Life
June 8th, 2008, 12:04 AM

TL;DR

I-AA Fan
June 8th, 2008, 12:43 AM
Your basketball facts are little wrong - all ten of the MVC members has made the NCAA tournament in basketball since 1998. And please dont compare the Horizon League to the MVC, we have owned you guys on the court.

Now to Youngstown, I respect your program and what has done but I could honestly care less if you are in our conference. Be honest I wish you guys had left instead of Western Kentucky, who should be in the Valley right now instead of Evansville but thats a different story. And when we say we want NDSU and SDSU in the MVC, we look at their potential and what they are capale of. Basically they fit the mold of the other Valley schools.

Since 1998, the MVC has had (22 total), the MCC/Horizon (16 total) NCAA appearances. Wrong board for basketball. FYI, it is YSU that is the only team in the Horizon to have never made the DI NCAA tourney & I could care less. I guarantee you that every team in the Horizon wishes YSU would drop dead as well, as they are a huge RPI killer. You know why I do not care? Because YSU has 4 things that no school from either the MVC or Horizon has ... a 1991 national championship, a 1993 national championship, a 1994 national championship, and a 1997 national championship. As far as the xdsu's fitting the mold? in what way? you all hail from the low population areas of the United States? I guess I didn't realize the MoV was so large.

Smarten up. The reason the Valley made the change now is because there is no way they can be expected take 4 schools in for all sports ...this move is to prevent having to take in additional all sports members. (especially one with a basement RPI like YSU). There is absolutely no advantage of the name change to any team outside of the full members of the conference. Let's just say YSU worked to help make the GFC what it is, and now they bent YSU over the table and had their way with them. Your hating anything and everything YSU is irrelevant. We will both sleep tonight.

ps: I have no hatred of any kind toward the conference, they did what they felt they had to do. I root for every mid-major that is in the NCAA tourney & that includes those from the MVC. And before you go off again, I consider all non big-6 conferences mid-major. I certainly look forward to the 2008 season.

JBB
June 8th, 2008, 01:42 AM
Do you guys have the lights on? I do.

AZBison
June 8th, 2008, 06:03 AM
The head football coaches of 3 successful DII schools and Oklahoma, Nebraska, Arizona State, Marshall, Kansas, Michigan State, and Ohio State all hail from Youngstown and all but 2 of those people are former Penguin coaches.
Dennis Erickson (Arizona State) is from Everett, WA, played at Montana State, and never coached at YSU. He has won 2 national championships and split the Pac 10 title his first year at ASU.
Mike "Stoopid" Stoops at University of Arizona did grow up in Youngstown and is a second rate Pac 10 coach who has only been able to keep his job because of his last name

How dare you ever compare the two.xflamemadx xpissedx

PantherRob82
June 8th, 2008, 09:43 AM

What does this have to do with now? xconfusedx

PantherRob82
June 8th, 2008, 09:45 AM
YSU does not have single GFC rival, no team to look forward to playing. So in other words, to YSU fans, the GFC is nothing but a tool to put the team where everyone wants them to be …in the post-season.

Most UNI/YSU fans look forward to playing each other. It's not a rivalry at all because you guys haven't won since Farley came. I totally hate you guys one week a year. :D

skinny_uncle
June 8th, 2008, 06:00 PM
The last time the Salukis won a national title, they were a Missouri valley team. Maybe this is a good omen for them.

Mountain Panther
June 8th, 2008, 07:59 PM
The last time the Salukis won a national title, they were a Missouri valley team. Maybe this is a good omen for them.

I'll allow SIU basketball to dominate the MVC, not football. xsmiley_wix

PantherRob82
June 8th, 2008, 08:53 PM

quoted for truth. although their basketball team might be more physical than football.

JackTwice
June 8th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I really can't decide what I feel about this. I was hoping for MplsBison to weigh in so I could be fully informed on what the best solution is.

Cap'n Cat
June 8th, 2008, 09:17 PM

The guy's a complete dolt, Rob. Nothing until Youngstown came?

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Dusty trophies and long disappointed fans.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Lost seven years in a row to UNI.

xcoffeex

BearsCountry
June 8th, 2008, 09:43 PM

You guys can fight for second in both, with Coach Martin and Coach Allen - the sleeping giant has been woke up in the MVC. xsmiley_wix

Mountain Panther
June 8th, 2008, 09:49 PM
You guys can fight for second in both, with Coach Martin and Coach Allen - the sleeping giant has been woke up in the MVC. xsmiley_wix

xcoffeex

PantherRob82
June 8th, 2008, 11:26 PM

They must've still been sleeping when we were there in november. The fans too. ;) :D

Nyghtewynd
June 9th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Yeah, you can pretty much answer any question about the MVC with the following:

With any decision that is made in the MVC, determine whether it will benefit the men's basketball programs. This is the ONLY rule. And I'm not saying that it's a bad thing, either.

Husky Alum
June 9th, 2008, 06:18 AM
I'm sure the name change is about money and marketing.

While Northeastern joining the CAA allowed the CAA to take control of the automatic bid from the A-10 (and the money from the BCS that goes with it), I'm pretty sure the folks in the CAA were pretty chapped to see JMU and Delaware win NC's with the brand of a competitor (yes, the A-10 and CAA are competitors) conference on their uniforms.

Think about it, when the A-10 lost its football "brand", there were 6 CAA teams playing football in a "rival" conference (in name). Why wouldn't the CAA want the benefits of the brand name? Conversely, the CAA then benefits from a team like UNH or UMass (or 'Nova/Richmond/URI) going deep into the playoffs.

Since the Valley Football conference is going to have separate offices, etc. I don't think it's as full of a coup d'etat as the CAA taking football from the A-10.

The funny thing is that if not for a couple of stubborn northern Land Grant schools (one of which doesn't even play football) and Hartford, we would be playing America East football.

I-AA Fan
June 9th, 2008, 08:02 AM

Just a little respect & not to be relegated to associate member of a conference that we helped build.

I-AA Fan
June 9th, 2008, 08:04 AM
Dennis Erickson (Arizona State) is from Everett, WA, played at Montana State, and never coached at YSU. He has won 2 national championships and split the Pac 10 title his first year at ASU.
Mike "Stoopid" Stoops at University of Arizona did grow up in Youngstown and is a second rate Pac 10 coach who has only been able to keep his job because of his last name

How dare you ever compare the two.xflamemadx xpissedx

my apologies & he is one of those is not a former Penguin. xnodx

PantherRob82
June 9th, 2008, 05:48 PM
Just a little respect & not to be relegated to associate member of a conference that we helped build.

The Gateway was a powerful conf before the Penguins joined. We would've had our first title game appearance in 92 if you guys hadn't ruined it. :D

I-AA Fan
June 10th, 2008, 07:27 AM
The Gateway was a powerful conf before the Penguins joined. We would've had our first title game appearance in 92 if you guys hadn't ruined it. :D

You and I follow the game Rob, sure we knew that. But beginning in 1997, everyone else knew as well. :D

That was my only trip to the UNI-Dome.

AZBison
June 10th, 2008, 05:40 PM
my apologies & he is one of those is not a former Penguin. xnodx

No worries, just had to defend the alma mater and such.

PantherRob82
June 10th, 2008, 06:37 PM
You and I follow the game Rob, sure we knew that. But beginning in 1997, everyone else knew as well. :D

That was my only trip to the UNI-Dome.

I was 10. It nearly ruined my life. :(

;)

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 10th, 2008, 10:13 PM
I heard Delaware administration is frustrated with the potential of a Gateway name change because of the costs they'll have to incur in getting their banners re-printed. xlolx

I'm shocked a Blue Hen hadn't chimed in with a message like this already...

Mountain Panther
June 10th, 2008, 10:16 PM
I heard Delaware administration is frustrated with the potential of a Gateway name change because of the costs they'll have to incur in getting their banners re-printed. xlolx

I'm shocked a Blue Hen hadn't chimed in with a message like this already...

They haven't chimed in because it's a bad joke that's not funny.

BigHouseClosedEnd
June 10th, 2008, 10:27 PM
Shucks. Sorry!