PDA

View Full Version : All-time NDSU roster (for Bison fans only)

DaveK
June 2nd, 2008, 01:42 AM
I started a similar thread at siouxsports.com for UND. If you could compile all of the greatest players from the past and put them together on a team who would you choose? Please limit your choices to players from the D2 era, and provide numbers if you remember them. I'll throw out just a few names to get the ball rolling...

QB - Jeff Bentrim #1
QB -
QB -
HB -
HB -
HB -
FB -
FB -
WR - Stacy Robinson
WR -
WR -
WR -
WR -
TE -
TE -
T -
T -
T -
G -
G -
G -
C -
C -
DE - Phil Hansen
DE -
DE -
DE -
DT -
DT -
DT -
OLB -
OLB -
OLB -
OLB -
MLB -
MLB -
CB - Tyrone Braxton
CB -
CB -
CB -
FS -
FS -
SS -
SS -
K -
P -

Syntax Error
June 2nd, 2008, 01:48 AM
Why exactly is this only for "players from the D2 era" and posted on the FCS board?

KiddBrewer
June 2nd, 2008, 01:54 AM
i would say a compilation of the best players to play for a school while DII is irrelevant for an FCS board........

but some App threads are irrelevant.......

continue.....

Syntax Error
June 2nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
not relevant; not applicable or pertinent.

having no probative value upon any issue in the case.

unrelated to the matter being considered.

not pertinent to the subject under consideration.

AmsterBison
June 2nd, 2008, 04:32 AM
The "D2 Era" for NDSU is only 30 seasons out of 114 and would omit three national champions. And for what? So DaveK can compare the rosters and say, "UND's all-time D2 team would thump NDSU's!" or something like that?

NDSU's All-Time FCS team
-------------------------
QB - 11 Steve Walker
RB - 40 Tyler Roehl
FB - 35 Tyler Jangula
WR - 9 Kole Heckendorf
TE - 80 Jerimiah Wurzbacher (or Andrew Cooper)
OT - 77 Nate Safe
OG - 73 Justin Buckwalter
C - 56 Zach Harrington
OG - 60 Jerrod Wagner
OT - 76 Keith Buckman
WR - 15 Travis White

MLB - 8 Joe Mays
OLB - 17 Mike Maresh
OLB - 44 Ramon Humber
DE - 54 Joe Lardinois
DT - 82 Justin Frick
NG - 59 Isaac Snell
DE - 50 Travis Ware
FS - 13 Jared Essler
SS - 20 Craig Dahl
CB - 18 Matt Gorman
CB - 7 David Earl

P - 88 Drago the Puntnerian
K - 4 Cory Vartanian

The nice thing about this team is that you can see a lot of the guys playing - either pro ball or on NDSU's 2008 team.

APPALACHIANstate
June 2nd, 2008, 06:26 AM
Isn't there a NDSU website? This is getting worse than App state.

Gil Dobie
June 2nd, 2008, 08:12 AM

This wasn't started by a NDSU fan.

Amster has a good roster, although I would add Shamen Washington on special teams, and put Rob Hunt at center.

A Gopher fan told me that he thought Steffes was better than Roehl, even though Roehl put up 250 on his Gophers.

TheBisonator
June 2nd, 2008, 08:58 AM
If it's for Bison fans only, why did you start it??

Is it nonsensical smack season already??

Go_Herd
June 2nd, 2008, 09:15 AM

Can I get an Amen!

YoUDeeMan
June 2nd, 2008, 09:24 AM

Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah. I'm trespassing in a thread for NDU fans only. :p

WTF? A thread for NDU fans only? xnutsx

Go_Herd
June 2nd, 2008, 09:28 AM
Nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah, nyah. I'm trespassing in a thread for NDU fans only. :p

WTF? A thread for NDU fans only? xnutsx

What the heck is a NDU fan? because I know I'm not one

Gil Dobie
June 2nd, 2008, 09:45 AM
What the heck is a NDU fan? because I know I'm not one

NDU stands or was used for North Dakota University in the newspapers of the 1950's.

Go_Herd
June 2nd, 2008, 09:47 AM
NDU stands or was used for North Dakota University in the newspapers of the 1950's.

Ok Thanks almighty Gil for the insight.

So basically it's in the past and irrelevent like NDSU-UND!xlolx xnodx

NDSUFREAK
June 2nd, 2008, 09:49 AM
CLOSE THE THREAD!! This is useless!!
even i am getting sick of all of this stuff while i have been reading....

SteelCurtain
June 2nd, 2008, 09:52 AM
Leave it to a Sioux to try something like this. Go back to the Sioux board from where you came!!

DaveK
June 2nd, 2008, 01:12 PM

I asked the question because I'm curious as to what the answers would be. It's for Bison fans only because they are the only ones who would be able to give the answers. If asking who would make your school's all-time team struck a nerve, then I'm sorry. The reason for this is because my son wants to create a couple of teams on his EA Sports video game. He was watching a bunch of my old Sioux/Bison games and had the idea to create a couple of all-time teams. I figured how better to come up with the best possible all-time NDSU team than to ask their fans. Why the attitude? How can this possibly be misconstrued as attempted smack?

X-Factor
June 2nd, 2008, 01:28 PM
I asked the question because I'm curious as to what the answers would be. It's for Bison fans only because they are the only ones who would be able to give the answers. If asking who would make your school's all-time team struck a nerve, then I'm sorry. The reason for this is because my son wants to create a couple of teams on his EA Sports video game. He was watching a bunch of my old Sioux/Bison games and had the idea to create a couple of all-time teams. I figured how better to come up with the best possible all-time NDSU team than to ask their fans. Why the attitude? How can this possibly be misconstrued as attempted smack?

I guess that could have been useful information when the thread was opened. The way it was structured, and coming from a Sioux fan that so dearly loves their old rival, it did sound a bit smacky. IMHO

continue on...

citdog
June 2nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
your own board would be best for this topic. We discuss the FCS here not Division II.xrulesx xrulesx

BisonBacker
June 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM
your own board would be best for this topic. We discuss the FCS here not Division II.xrulesx xrulesx
NDSU is no longer DII xrulesx I don't care when the players played or for the thread for that matter but he's entitled to ask the question anyway. Good god did I just stick up for DaveK? I have to go wash my hands xlolx

Gothmog
June 2nd, 2008, 01:45 PM

Dave, with all due respect, if you sincerely want an answer to your question, post it at Bisonville, or maybe even SiouxSports.com. I'm sure you'll get a more positive response there. I know it's difficult for you to grasp, but NDSU and UND's DII histories are irrelevant on this board. And given your reputation, it's not unreasonable for Bison fans to assume that there's some silly, smacky reason behind your post.

JBB
June 2nd, 2008, 05:57 PM
He is banned on bisonsports.net so he will have to go to another board. xrulesx

DaveK
June 4th, 2008, 11:15 PM
He is banned on bisonsports.net so he will have to go to another board. xrulesx

I'm banned from a board that I was never a member of to begin with? xeekx

Wow, I'm flattered... I think.

ncbears
June 5th, 2008, 06:38 AM

I am with every one else. I would try posting this topic over on Bisonville.com

mn_bison
June 5th, 2008, 06:51 AM
I am with every one else. I would try posting this topic over on Bisonville.com

This topic would go nowhere on the Bisonville site either, as we have moved on from the DII days. Not forgotten, just moved on...

DaveK
June 5th, 2008, 12:18 PM
This topic would go nowhere on the Bisonville site either, as we have moved on from the DII days. Not forgotten, just moved on...

So... is that to imply that your all-time NDSU roster would include only players from the last five years? xeyebrowx

Hambone
June 5th, 2008, 02:25 PM

I guess I find it odd that guys like Phil Hansen, Tyrone Braxton, Lamar Gordon, etc couldn't be on an all-Bison team because they played in the DII days and you've moved on from that. But to each their own.

DSUrocks07
June 5th, 2008, 04:35 PM
So basically it's in the past and irrelevent like (n)DSU-U(n)D!xlolx xnodx

xwhistlex xwhistlex xlolx xlolx xlolx

JBB
June 5th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Bisonville might still take this guys posting. Why doesnt he try it over there? They claim to mod evenly unlike this site, at least according to some of their mods. The ones which have rejected this board anyway.

DaveK
June 6th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Bisonville might still take this guys posting. Why doesnt he try it over there? They claim to mod evenly unlike this site, at least according to some of their mods. The ones which have rejected this board anyway.

Based on personal observations, I have found that board to be rather irrational and hostile towards those who choose not to drink the stream yellow kool-aid. Thanks but no thanks.

NE MT GRIZZ
June 6th, 2008, 03:19 PM
Dave, with all due respect, if you sincerely want an answer to your question, post it at Bisonville, or maybe even SiouxSports.com. I'm sure you'll get a more positive response there. I know it's difficult for you to grasp, but NDSU and UND's DII histories are irrelevant on this board. And given your reputation, it's not unreasonable for Bison fans to assume that there's some silly, smacky reason behind your post.

If it's on this board at all, it should have been in the GWFC forum.
xnonono2x

BisonBacker
June 6th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I'm banned from a board that I was never a member of to begin with? xeekx

Wow, I'm flattered... I think.

To my knowledge nobody has been banned at bisonsports.net but there always could be a first ;)
Seriously though he's not been banned, if he is registered it's under a different name but we have many Sioux posters over there who contribute and are welcome to visit and post.

swaghook
June 7th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Based on personal observations, I have found that board to be rather irrational and hostile towards those who choose not to drink the stream yellow kool-aid. Thanks but no thanks.I believe it is the folks from Grand Forks that get to drink the "yellow stream" since they live downstream from Fargo.;) :p

DaveK
June 8th, 2008, 02:32 PM
I believe it is the folks from Grand Forks that get to drink the "yellow stream" since they live downstream from Fargo.;) :p

Classy. xrolleyesx

DaveK
June 8th, 2008, 02:36 PM
To my knowledge nobody has been banned at bisonsports.net but there always could be a first ;)
Seriously though he's not been banned, if he is registered it's under a different name but we have many Sioux posters over there who contribute and are welcome to visit and post.

So, according to what you say, bisonsports.net must be much more rational than bisonville. I've haven't been on that site before, but perhaps I'll check it out.