PDA

View Full Version : Hofstra @ UD pictures

HensRock
October 10th, 2005, 10:04 AM
How were the field conditions?
You be the judge.

David Rabian, Sports photographer (http://www.sportsshooter.com/members.html?id=259)

RadMann
October 10th, 2005, 11:49 AM
The weather conditions were very bad, but it should be noted the field was in poor condition to start with. Up where I live in the Lehigh Valley we got a lot more rain and the fields up here looked bad, but nothing like Delaware Stadium did. We had over 9 inches of rain where I live and that set an all-time record for a 24 hour period.

Hansel
October 10th, 2005, 12:14 PM
that is some serious slop, any chance the grass will have a chance to recover this season??

89Hen
October 10th, 2005, 12:25 PM
that is some serious slop, any chance the grass will have a chance to recover this season??
To 'recover' would suggest it was OK to start with. The answer is no. :(

umassfan
October 10th, 2005, 12:27 PM
It doesnt help that the hens schedule 7 home games on top of their poor field management. Good thing we are getting use to the sloppy track these two weeks so we will be ready for that mess.

Uncle Buck
October 10th, 2005, 03:10 PM
I love the dirt in the facemask and how HU's Gutierrez's left hand is buried in that muck. The field was the worst I may have ever seen, only thing comparable was the game I played in with HU back in '93 I believe at Maine. It was before turf up there and that thing was shredded as well.

putter
October 10th, 2005, 04:12 PM
I watched the replay on CSTV and that field was unbelievable! The TUB really was "The Tub!"