PDA

View Full Version : Cat GRiz insider hatin on Chattanooga

Appguy
May 28th, 2008, 02:25 PM
http://www.billingsgazette.net/h/blogs/catgriz/?p=593

"For fans in Montana, it’s not exactly an easy place to get to."

so should we just have it in Montana ever year 1000's of miles from basically EVERY FCS team?

he promotes Vegas or LA as possible sites. real practical

he also suggests highest seed getting home field which would be ok but takes away from the whole "championship game experience" I think

AZGrizFan
May 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
While in general I think he's smoking crack with this article, I do agree with two things:

1) Pick somewhere other than Chatty OR
2)
Or award it like the Super Bowl, on a yearly basis, to sites putting in bids

AppAlum2003
May 28th, 2008, 02:37 PM
While in general I think he's smoking crack with this article, I do agree with two things:

1) Pick somewhere other than Chatty OR
2)

You said "or" twice! :D

jstate83
May 28th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I know this writer is speaking from a "homer" angle, but he mention's the thing's that was discussed in the other thread about what's lacking about the FCS Championship setting.

My comment's on the matter was not about the game itself, but the same thing's mentioned below as far as a destination spot loaded with activities for 2 or 3 days.

Lookout Mountain and a Civil War battlefield ain't gonna cut it.
I got one of the largest civil war battlefield's in the country just 30 minute's away in Vicksburg.
I have not been to that place since I went on a elementary school field trip back in 1974. xlolx

OK, OK. Chattanooga is a wondrous historic place…for the library bookworm. I’m sure history buffs would enjoy a visit to Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, Lookout Mountain, the Chattanooga Choo Choo or a hike around the Civil War battlefield. It’s a great place to take the kids for an educational excursion.

It’s far from the flashy destination this Championship needs. Every year now, for the past eleven, the top two FCS teams meet up in what is far from a prime hot spot

AZGrizFan
May 28th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I know this writer is speaking from a "homer" angle, but he mention's the thing's that was discussed in the other thread about what's lacking about the FCS Championship setting.

My comment's on the matter was not about the game itself, but the same thing's mentioned below as far as a destination spot loaded with activities for 2 or 3 days.

I got one of the largest civil war battlefield's in the country just 30 minute's away in Vicksburg and have not been to that place since I went on a elementary school field trip back in 1974. xlolx

That's what I'm saying, 83. xnodx xnodx I agree with him that it needs to be moved, and I like the idea of having it bid out.

ericsaid
May 28th, 2008, 04:11 PM

I got one of the largest civil war battlefield's in the country just 30 minute's away in Vicksburg.
I have not been to that place since I went on a elementary school field trip back in 1974. xlolx

17 years before i was born. I don't believe anymore drinking will be done at another location than in chatanooga so why not leave it there?

Deep down I think everyone is tired of seeng the place flooded with black and gold.

AZGrizFan
May 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM
17 years before i was born. I don't believe anymore drinking will be done at another location than in chatanooga so why not leave it there?

Deep down I think everyone is tired of seeng the place flooded with black and gold.

xrolleyesx

Cleets
May 28th, 2008, 04:20 PM
it's effectively a home game for the SoCon... xlolx xnodx

Syntax Error
May 28th, 2008, 04:23 PM
Problem with this guy's rant, the champ game already IS awarded "to sites putting in bids."

Face it, the champ game is not going out west or far south again, waaaaaaaaaaaay far away from 90% of FCS teams. And if you think the NCAA is going to put its top football champ game in the gambling capital... well I don't think so.

The only attraction needed is the game, this ain't an HBCU classic or bowl game.

It's about football. xtwocentsx

89Hen
May 28th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Ugh, haven't we already had this discussion this off-season? It was 2-1 in favor of Chatty of people who have actually been there (and would have been more except for all the people answering who have been to Chatty but not for the game).

Folks, only two other cities asked to host last time it came up for bid. Using the Super Bowl as a model is Super Silly. Cities fight tooth and nail over that. Nobody wants it as much and nobody will pay more. No other city is as close to the geographic center of I-AA (which is somewhere in western KY). xcoffeex

Destination shmestination. People are NOT going to plan vacations around it. It is a game that people know about 6 days in advance. Jag, you are NOT going to attend the game no matter where it is because your team won't be in it.

uofmman1122
May 28th, 2008, 04:34 PM
Problem with this guy's rant, the champ game already IS awarded "to sites putting in bids."

Face it, the champ game is not going out west or far south again, waaaaaaaaaaaay far away from 90% of FCS teams. And if you think the NCAA is going to put its top football champ game in the gambling capital... well I don't think so.

The only attraction needed is the game, this ain't an HBCU classic or bowl game.

It's about football. xtwocentsxI agree, and unless it's Montana vs. App State or any other equivalent schools with a huge fanbase, Chatty works out pretty well. I've never been there, unfortunately, so I don't know the atmosphere.

Also, letting the higher team have home field is ridiculous, even if we got it in Missoula.

Jerbearasu
May 28th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Destination shmestination. People are NOT going to plan vacations around it. It is a game that people know about 6 days in advance. Jag, you are NOT going to attend the game no matter where it is because your team won't be in it.

I agree. It's not like the FBS where a school knows they will be going somewhere and have a month to plan the trip. Here you know if you are going just a few days before you need to get packing... The city has done quite a bit to make this a big deal. They set up a parade that not many people attended. They set up those NCAA championship games at the site the night before... Most people get there on Wednesday or Thursday so you really only need a few things to do. I suggest the aquarium. Or you can just be like me and set up your tailgating center on Wednesday and go from there!!!!

grizband
May 28th, 2008, 04:47 PM

so should we just have it in Montana ever year 1000's of miles from basically EVERY FCS team?

he also suggests highest seed getting home field which would be ok but takes away from the whole "championship game experience" I think
Vegas is one the most accessible destinations from any airport in the country. How plausible would the game be after travel accommodations, I am not positive.

furman94
May 28th, 2008, 05:04 PM

Okay, move it to LA or Vegas, and then see how many East Coast fans make it out there. Montana is an oddball out West; they make noise in the post season, but most Champ Teams in the past few years have been on the East Coast or Midwest, making it an easier trip to Nooga.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 28th, 2008, 06:40 PM

Said, this is one of those things that you have a narrow view on due to your age. I'm not attacking that but I want you to realize that it doesn't have anything to do with that. This was a big topic of discussion back in 2000 and 2001 before App started their run. I have been there and I love the place. I don't want to see it moved as having a bunch of other tourist BS to go do doesn't appeal to most Griz fans that have been there. We know that there is NO TIME to do anything else but the stuff that that your school has going on down there if you did want to see something else. There is just enough time to party, recover, eat, repeat all of these, and then go to the game while partying afterward, recovering and getting a plane to go home.

appsfan
May 28th, 2008, 08:05 PM
Said, this is one of those things that you have a narrow view on due to your age. I'm not attacking that but I want you to realize that it doesn't have anything to do with that. This was a big topic of discussion back in 2000 and 2001 before App started their run. I have been there and I love the place. I don't want to see it moved as having a bunch of other tourist BS to go do doesn't appeal to most Griz fans that have been there. We know that there is NO TIME to do anything else but the stuff that that your school has going on down there if you did want to see something else. There is just enough time to party, recover, eat, repeat all of these, and then go to the game while partying afterward, recovering and getting a plane to go home.

Well said. xthumbsupx

FCS Go!
May 28th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Chattanooga is a great place for this game. 75% of the FCS can drive there in 8-10 hours. If/when the game is moved it will likely go farther east, not west. Yeah, Vegas is easy to fly to but most people attending the game (in Chatty) don't fly there unless Montana is playing. Hotels are cheap/reasonable compared to most big cities in the east.

For a lot of fans, especially students, its a two-day bender: drive down Friday and drive back Saturday (or even Friday night!). xrotatehx

CopperCat
May 28th, 2008, 08:39 PM

Why is Vegas not practical?

I had also suggested Kansas City before, which would be a decent city for any major sporting event. Not to mention its a major airline hub so it would be alot easier to get in and out of compared to Chatty.

I sense a little east coast/App bias here. God forbid you actually have to travel a little bit to go see your team play. Think about all the good teams out west that would have to travel to Nooga, and there are quite a few good teams out west now (UM, NDSU, EWU, etc.) so you need to think beyond the SoCon.

Appguy
May 28th, 2008, 11:30 PM

I had also suggested Kansas City before, which would be a decent city for any major sporting event. Not to mention its a major airline hub so it would be alot easier to get in and out of compared to Chatty.

I sense a little east coast/App bias here. God forbid you actually have to travel a little bit to go see your team play. Think about all the good teams out west that would have to travel to Nooga, and there are quite a few good teams out west now (UM, NDSU, EWU, etc.) so you need to think beyond the SoCon.

maybe, but you forget most teams are in the east so there should be an east coast bias to a degree and flying a whole team isn't easy(which im sure your team is used to), best case would be taking buses. For fans since they don't know till a week ahead airline tickets for a week in advance arent cheap so most can only afford to drive.

bench
May 28th, 2008, 11:37 PM
There's nothing wrong with Chattanooga that your team reaching the final won't fix.

Syntax Error
May 29th, 2008, 12:53 AM
proof is in the pudding

JayJ79
May 29th, 2008, 02:28 AM
The championship game is going to remain in the East (or at least the eastern third), due to the geography of the subdivision.

And it probably won't move much farther north, due to the fact that the game is played in mid-late december, and it gets COLD up north. And yes, it could be played indoors (for example in the UNI-Dome), but that would take away from all the tailgating (except for the die-hards), which is a very fun part of the championship experience.

I had a very enjoyable experience when I made the trip to Chatty (other than one unfortunate fumble leading to the other team scoring and winning, but anyway...)

89Hen
May 29th, 2008, 08:33 AM

xoopsx xnonox MSU and UM are going to have to fly no matter where the game is. 75% of I-AA is driving distance from Chatty. Having to fly vs being able to drive will cut attendance in half or more.

813Jag
May 29th, 2008, 08:43 AM
Ugh, haven't we already had this discussion this off-season? It was 2-1 in favor of Chatty of people who have actually been there (and would have been more except for all the people answering who have been to Chatty but not for the game).

Folks, only two other cities asked to host last time it came up for bid. Using the Super Bowl as a model is Super Silly. Cities fight tooth and nail over that. Nobody wants it as much and nobody will pay more. No other city is as close to the geographic center of I-AA (which is somewhere in western KY). xcoffeex

I'm sure there are many people who attend the game without a dog in the hunt. I for one will be there since it is a short ride from Atlanta. (And I know some of my new AGS friends will have some beverages for me if their team makes it.) xlolx

My main argument for moving the game is finding a place where the locals will embrace it.

jonmac
May 29th, 2008, 08:46 AM
I know it's been said before. Also, I have not been able to attend a NC game yet and from all I've heard Chatty is great but I could go for Memphis or St. Louis. Reletavely centrally located and more metropolitan than Chatt. But again, they have to bid on it, though the NCAA could do more to promote it to other cities. I don't really think they want to more work than absolutely necessary on our NC game.

CopperCat
May 29th, 2008, 09:16 AM
xoopsx xnonox MSU and UM are going to have to fly no matter where the game is. 75% of I-AA is driving distance from Chatty. Having to fly vs being able to drive will cut attendance in half or more.

So UM/NDSU/EWU and all teams out west are pretty much just screwed.xrolleyesx

Then put the game in Kansas City where it isn't that far for eastern conference teams, and teams from the west can access the NC game site more easily.

89Hen
May 29th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I'm sure there are many people who attend the game without a dog in the hunt. I for one will be there since it is a short ride from Atlanta. (And I know some of my new AGS friends will have some beverages for me if their team makes it.) xlolx

My main argument for moving the game is finding a place where the locals will embrace it.
VERY few. I saw a couple Montana jerseys and that was about it. The Chatty locals have embraced it.

813Jag
May 29th, 2008, 09:26 AM
VERY few. I saw a couple Montana jerseys and that was about it. The Chatty locals have embraced it.
I guess I didn't word that final statement right, I'm not for moving the game. That statement was for anybody suggesting the game should be moved, I've read where the local support has increased in Chatty, so a new site would have to go above and beyond.

89Hen
May 29th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Honestly? Yes. They have to have the game where they have the best chance of having a team or teams close by. Since Boise, Idaho, Nevada and Marshall left...

2007 AppSt - Delaware
2006 AppSt - UMass
2005 AppSt - UNI
2004 JMU - Montana
2003 Delaware - Colgate
2002 WKU - McNeese
2001 Montana - Furman
2000 GSU - Montana
1999 GSU - YSU
1998 UMass - GSU
1997 YSU - McNeese

You really don't see a pattern of geography?

Then put the game in Kansas City where it isn't that far for eastern conference teams, and teams from the west can access the NC game site more easily.
xconfusedx So EVERYONE has to fly? KC.. that hotbed of I-AA football. xeyebrowx

89Hen
May 29th, 2008, 09:31 AM
I guess I didn't word that final statement right, I'm not for moving the game. That statement was for anybody suggesting the game should be moved, I've read where the local support has increased in Chatty, so a new site would have to go above and beyond.
xeyebrowx xoopsx Why did I single you out earlier... maybe it was from another thread? Sorry. :o

813Jag
May 29th, 2008, 09:34 AM
xeyebrowx xoopsx Why did I single you out earlier... maybe it was from another thread? Sorry. :o
No problem at all. xpeacex

89Hen
May 29th, 2008, 09:44 AM
You really don't see a pattern of geography?
I have crudely constructed a graphic to show the 22 participants in the last 11 years. (forgive me if I have any of you a little off in your state)

grizband
May 29th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I have crudely constructed a graphic to show the 22 participants in the last 11 years. (forgive me if I have any of you a little off in your state)
Interesting map, Hen. Really illustrates how isolated Montana has been in their championship game participation. Hopefully more teams from the West will reach the finals in the coming years, but the geography of the FCS does warrant a game in the South/East. the only alternative I see is Vegas, since everyone in the country can easily fly there, but this would drastically reduce the ability to drive for most fans.

Retro
May 29th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I could see Las Vegas as a site in the future if the NCAA could get more money behind the game via sponsors and payouts for teams. It is real cheap to fly to vegas from just about anywhere, especially right now considering how much gas is for cars..
In fact right now, it would cost probably about $100-$150 more only to fly to vegas than to drive to chattanooga for 2 people round trip plus it would take several hours less from here at least.

I don't believe the gambling issue is one if vegas were to put in a serious bid.. The ncaa doesn't deny UNLV or Nevada post season events because of it and gambling is so strung out around the country, you'd step on a lot of toes in trying to avoid it.

Nothing the NCAA does is going to make people drop gambling.. They can either accept it and work with it or get left behind.. They'd be smart to embrace it for sponsorship opportunities... Many schools do, so what's the difference? You can't bet on the championship game there as far as i know and what impact does having it in place where there is gambling have on the actual game itself?

Gambling is another form of entertainment, pure and simple.. It's part of the chief economy for many areas and it's a carefully regulated, legal and accepted by everyone except a few hardcore religious nuts.

AZGrizFan
May 29th, 2008, 01:36 PM
http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=10214&stc=1&d=1212072279

Further illustrates the proof that the ECB conspiracy is alive and well...if the committee would just PICK more teams from the West, perhaps we'd have more participants in the final game... :D :D :D :D :D

Have at it, Hen. xcoolx

89Hen
May 29th, 2008, 01:41 PM
if the committee would just PICK more teams from the West, perhaps we'd have more participants in the final game... :D :D :D :D :D

Have at it, Hen. xcoolx
Are there 16 teams in the west? Because that's the only way you'd get two teams in. :p

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2008, 01:47 PM

To answer the first question FTG, yes we are screwed. It just wouldn't make any sense for the NCAA to try to help the few teams out west that could POSSIBLY make the game. If you get the chance to go there I would bet it would change your mind.

On the second part of the statement...8 or 9 out of 10 of the Griz fans fly on a charter. It is a direct trip to Chattanooga and as has been said we will have to fly no matter where it is held so the taking the direct charter route wouldn't change any way. If you look at it realistically would you actually try to change something to suit the minority when it would negatively impact the majority of fans that could attend the game?

Syntax Error
May 29th, 2008, 02:06 PM
The ncaa doesn't deny UNLV or Nevada post season events because of it and gambling is so strung out around the country, you'd step on a lot of toes in trying to avoid it. Nothing the NCAA does is going to make people drop gambling.. They can either accept it and work with it or get left behind.. They'd be smart to embrace it for sponsorship opportunities... Many schools do, so what's the difference?No NCAA Championship is held in Las Vegas. Name some FCS schools that "embrace" gambling. This gambling fixation is just that, a vice where the FIX IS IN. xcoffeex

Retro
May 29th, 2008, 02:46 PM
No NCAA Championship is held in Las Vegas. Name some FCS schools that "embrace" gambling. This gambling fixation is just that, a vice where the FIX IS IN. xcoffeex

Whether you personally like it or not, which is obviousxrolleyesx , any school that accepts donations or advertising from gambling is embracing it.. Mcneese and LSU are 2 examples!
So you think Lake Charles can't get the championship game because we have casino's here? Why does the NCAA have their basketball tournament in cities where some form of gambling is legal if they are so againest it? Indiana, the home of the NCAA even has gambling. Look closely and you'll see that is a part of the world that isn't going away..

AZGrizFan
May 29th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Are there 16 teams in the west? Because that's the only way you'd get two teams in. :p

Based on your map, there's apparently only THREE. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Syntax Error
May 29th, 2008, 04:52 PM
any school that accepts donations or advertising from gambling is embracing itSo is any city where there's a murder embracing murder? You should ask any admin at McNeese whether the school embraces gambling. I expect the answer is HELL NO!
COUNSELING, TREATMENT AND REHABILATATION PROGRAMS
Employees with health care coverage in the Preferred Provider Organization (PPO), Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO), Managed Care Organization (MCO), and Health Maintenance Organization (HMO) plans have access to an Employee Assistance Program(EAP) and substance abuse services through Region V Office for Addictive Disorders Outpatient Treatment Facilities of Louisiana. These include State Operated Outpatient and State Funded Outpatient Clinics, State Operated Inpatient Unit, State Operated Medical Detoxification Unit, State Contracted Halfway House, Substance Abuse and Gambling Treatment, multiple modalities and settings for treatment-ranging fromeducational programs, intensive outpatient programs to inpatient treatment. Services are provided on a sliding fee scale. Gambling Outpatient service is also being offered through a contract with McNeese State University and the Regional Coordinator’s Office.

SoCon48
May 29th, 2008, 07:21 PM
The Montana in Chatt argument is moot lately as they haven't made it there anyway. Where it is played has been the least of their worries.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2008, 07:30 PM
The Montana in Chatt argument is moot lately as they haven't made it there anyway. Where it is played has been the least of their worries.

Just as it was for ASU until a couple of years ago. Most Montana fans say to leave it where it's at anyway. Hell we might not have the two titles we got if we weren't lucky enough to have gotten a Socon team in those years.

Syntax Error
May 29th, 2008, 07:33 PM
Just as it was for ASU until a couple of years ago. Most Montana fans say to leave it where it's at anyway. Hell we might not have the two titles we got if we weren't lucky enough to have gotten a Socon team in those years.http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/SMACK.jpg

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

DuckDuckGriz
May 29th, 2008, 07:38 PM

Montana has been to Chatty as many times as App. xcoffeex

ursus arctos horribilis
May 29th, 2008, 07:41 PM
http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2007/03/SMACK.jpg

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Holy *****, I hadn't seen that picture. I'm saving that one!

Retro
May 29th, 2008, 09:42 PM
So is any city where there's a murder embracing murder? You should ask any admin at McNeese whether the school embraces gambling. I expect the answer is HELL NO!

Murder? Geez your analogy is ridiculous.

Maybe embrace is the wrong word.. Accept is better. They accept it, because it's a part of life. Doesn't mean they have participate, but they certainly aren't out there campaigning againest it, especially since it's such a big part of this particular area's economy.

The problem with you ralph is that you think anyone who gambles is an addict or it's a bad thing for everyone. It's not. Just like anything it requires moderation or common sense.. It's another form of entertainment, just going to the movies, disney world or boating..It's all in your perspective, unfortunately you have a negative one..
Maybe you should be more anti-smoking?

ericsaid
May 29th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Seven of the last ten years have had a Socon team playing for the Championship. Two of which were three years in a row, Georgia Southern and Appalachian.

Syntax Error
May 29th, 2008, 09:52 PM
The problem with you is that you think anyone who gambles is an addict or it's a bad thing for everyone.The problem is you advocating something society in general deems as a BIG problem. I personally know families that have been devastated by gambling. To say that one can do it in moderation as no problem is to overlook that others cannot. That is what McNeese State, Louisiana and the NCAA are saying. DON'T GO THERE is good advice. It IS ADDICTIVE. It CAN LEAD TO SHAMBLES. Gambling IS A VICE.

So, I don't think the NCAA will put the FCS Championship in Las Vegas.

BTW, that McNeese hat I got from you is one of the best I have ever got.

http://www.retro-sports.com/images/logo.gif (http://www.retro-sports.com/productline.cfm?productlineID=16)

Retro
May 29th, 2008, 10:26 PM
I know far more people that have suffered because of a drunk driver, lung cancer and second-hand smoke. My mother-in-laws brother just died a few weeks ago of lung cancer.

It's like anything. If you abuse it, it will ruin you... Smoking is far more destructive because most of the people are addicts and when they develop cancer, the government has to foot the bill through charity hospitals which i the non-smoking taxpayer covers. My dad smokes, but i can't get him to stop, however he gets a free pass imo for taking 2 bullets in vietnam.

BTW, If you think that most of society deems gambling as dangerous, then they don't practice what they preach, because most buy daily lottery tickets, otherwise they wouldn't be so succesful throughout the country?xnonox

In addition, most places as with here require a majority vote to allow gambling, so it's clear the majority accepts gambling.. Yes, i gamble, but it's very infrequent.. .. As a matter of fact, i'm considering playing in the world series of poker next year.

I don't expect to change your mind, but i don't agree it's a bad thing at least for most people..

AZGrizFan
May 30th, 2008, 12:57 AM
Just as it was for ASU until a couple of years ago. Most Montana fans say to leave it where it's at anyway. Hell we might not have the two titles we got if we weren't lucky enough to have gotten a Socon team in those years.

Out-****ing-standing. xlolx xlolx xlolx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xbowx xbowx xbowx

uofmman1122
May 30th, 2008, 01:14 AM
Just as it was for ASU until a couple of years ago. Most Montana fans say to leave it where it's at anyway. Hell we might not have the two titles we got if we weren't lucky enough to have gotten a Socon team in those years.xbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxbowxxlolxxlolxxlolxxlol xxlolxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthumbsupxxthu mbsupx

NZNCRZY
May 30th, 2008, 09:40 AM
Seven of the last ten years have had a Socon team playing for the Championship. Two of which were three years in a row, Georgia Southern and Appalachian.

Your right, it is clear why the committee chooses to put it in chatty. There is a good chance it would be a Southern team in the game and they want to fill seats. Just don't complain when Montana gets home games in the playoffs because they will bring in a sold out crowd at 25000+ at $30 a ticket

89Hen
May 30th, 2008, 09:42 AM
Just don't complain when Montana gets home games in the playoffs because they will bring in a sold out crowd at 25000+ at $30 a ticket
I certainly don't. UD gets the same treatment. :D

CharlestonAppFan
May 30th, 2008, 10:00 AM

As well as App xthumbsupx :D

MountainMan
May 30th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I think it is interesting that basically all of the Montana fans are fine with the game being in Chatty yet the Montana State fans, who have never been, are the ones so upset about it.

The NCAA will keep it on the East coast for two reasons. 1) Money- they pay for the travel of every team in the playoffs, so they don't want to get stuck paying for two teams to fly halfway across the country every year. 2) Fans- Other than Montana what school in the West has a large enough following to justify moving the game out there? In the currently location many schools can bring large followings and some can bring very large. Montana has proven that it will travel well no matter where the game is so who else would the NCAA move it for?

If the game moves anywhere I'd like to see it in Winston Salem, NC at Wake Forest's stadium (31,000), Charleston(probably too far South), or somewhere in VA.

NZNCRZY
May 30th, 2008, 10:04 AM

I didn't mean to apply that you do, what I meant to say is there is alot that do, we seem to get an ear full every year. As a montana fan I have been to 5 national champion ships two at the other teams home field for the game. Life isn't fair

CrazyCat
May 30th, 2008, 10:19 AM
I think it is interesting that basically all of the Montana fans are fine with the game being in Chatty it. yet the Montana State fans, who have never been, are the ones so upset about

The NCAA will keep it on the East coast for two reasons. 1) Money- they pay for the travel of every team in the playoffs, so they don't want to get stuck paying for two teams to fly halfway across the country every year. 2) Fans- Other than Montana what school in the West has a large enough following to justify moving the game out there? In the currently location many schools can bring large followings and some can bring very large. Montana has proven that it will travel well no matter where the game is so who else would the NCAA move it for?

If the game moves anywhere I'd like to see it in Winston Salem, NC at Wake Forest's stadium (31,000), Charleston(probably too far South), or somewhere in VA.

Wow, I didn't know FTG'06 spoke for all of us.

NZNCRZY
May 30th, 2008, 10:34 AM

I didn't mean to apply that you do, What I meant to say that alot of people do, we seem to get an ear full every year. As a Montana fan I have been to 5 national championship game. two at the other teams home field for the game Life is not fair for montana as much as everbody else.

Grizzaholic
May 30th, 2008, 10:37 AM

Didn't you get the memo? It was mass emailed out a few weeks ago.

MountainMan
May 30th, 2008, 03:07 PM

"...yet the Montana State fan, who has never been, is the one so upset about..."

is that better? I just saw the MSU helmet beside most of the negative posts. Sorry dude.