PDA

View Full Version : Will the AGS Poll win a 5th straight title?

Syntax Error
May 27th, 2008, 10:46 AM
Since it started in 2004 the AGS Poll has never been beaten for having the most teams in the preseason poll make it into the regular season-ending poll............

Will the AGS Poll continue unbeaten this year?

AZGrizFan
May 27th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Since it started in 2004 the AGS Poll has never been beaten for having the most teams in the preseason poll make it into the regular season-ending poll at night, on grass, with a full moon on Tuesdays............

Will the AGS Poll continue unbeaten this year?

Fixed it for you. xlolx

Syntax Error
May 27th, 2008, 10:54 AM
I have a feeling a MEAC team will be in the top 25 at season's end so that is one strike against the poll this year.

89Hen
May 27th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Fixed it for you. xlolx
xeyebrowx Not really many qualifiers. How would you suggest judging the most accurate?

89Hen
May 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
I have a feeling a MEAC team will be in the top 25 at season's end so that is one strike against the poll this year.
Not necessarily. Could be DSU, HU, SCSU.... so while you're probably right that one will make it, the other polls may very well have the wrong one at this point. FWIW, I had SCSt in my Top 25.

smallcollegefbfan
May 27th, 2008, 10:56 AM
What are the official standings on this? Anyone have the breakdown of how many top 25 teams from the TSN, Coaches, and AGS polls have had in the final polls? I would say that the numbers of teams in the final GPI might be more accurate than just the poll. I put much more into the GPI than any individual ranking because it combines all polls and computer rankings into one.

smallcollegefbfan
May 27th, 2008, 11:00 AM

I think Hampton or SC State will end up in he final poll. Hampton has a ton of talent from FBS programs returning who now have experience together. There is a ton of speed on that team. They have the fastest CB in the FCS (Jackie Bates) who transferred from Oregon while the other corner is a South Carolina transfer. Add in Gichrist (VT), Lamarcus Coker (Tenn), and others. With TJ Mitchell gone there is major uncertainty there but still lots of talent in other spots.

Syntax Error
May 27th, 2008, 11:46 AM
So SC State or Hampton may be a missed team. Who else?

AZGrizFan
May 27th, 2008, 11:50 AM
xeyebrowx Not really many qualifiers. How would you suggest judging the most accurate?

No suggestions. I'd rather just make fun. :D :D :D :D ;)

patssle
May 27th, 2008, 12:05 PM
UCA or SHSU will be in the poll at the end of the season - my prediction.

OL FU
May 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM
And probably too many Socon teams. It will be difficult for 6 of 9 to maintain the kind of record necessary to stay in the top 25xnodx

TheValleyRaider
May 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM
Nah

The others will tie with AGS after using our poll to cheat off of xnodx :p

Syntax Error
May 27th, 2008, 12:26 PM
Nah
The others will tie with AGS after using our poll to cheat off of xnodx :pSame old same old...........

“Imitation is the sincerest flattery” -- Charles Caleb Colton

TexasTerror
May 27th, 2008, 12:45 PM
Call me pessimistic, but I think that this year, we'll see a huge drop in what has been the quality of the poll. Lots more people voting, lot less discussion before hand...kinda dismayed by what I perceive as a lack of information sharing on this board.

TexasTerror
June 1st, 2008, 07:04 PM
After my above remark, no one else said anything? Was that right on the money?

Tribe4SF
June 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM
So SC State or Hampton may be a missed team. Who else?

Norfolk State.

Grizalltheway
June 1st, 2008, 07:10 PM
And probably too many Socon teams. It will be difficult for 6 of 9 to maintain the kind of record necessary to stay in the top 25xnodx

Stupid SoCon homers. xnonono2x xnonono2x :p

mmiller_34
June 1st, 2008, 07:17 PM
After my above remark, no one else said anything? Was that right on the money?

eh.. shouldnt be too bad, i believe most of the posters on the board are informed regardless of how much talk is happening here xthumbsupx

X-Factor
June 1st, 2008, 11:26 PM
Call me pessimistic, but I think that this year, we'll see a huge drop in what has been the quality of the poll. Lots more people voting, lot less discussion before hand...kinda dismayed by what I perceive as a lack of information sharing on this board.

TT, do you think it would help to raise the post # required in order to vote? I believe it is currently set at 100. Maybe that is too low

I am all for keeping this poll as reliable as possible. Using more veteran members that keep up with the teams is the way to do that.