PDA

View Full Version : Appy: Three In A Row Better Than Six? Four?

Cap'n Cat
May 26th, 2008, 09:36 PM
Just curious.

What is better, winning three in a row or having four or six titles overall?

Hell, I don't know. I'm just wating for my Cats to claim that first one. On the other hand, I'm leaning toward three in a row besting GSU's six and YSU's four.

You?

:D

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I have to with GSU's 6 over the three in a row. Both of them are extremely impressive but GSU's shows a dominance in different eras instead of the complete dominance of App over a short period of time. Now if App keeps rolling and gets another one this year then it becomes a lot closer for me with the edge probably going to App. If App falls off and then comes back to win a few more down the road then again the nod would have to go to them.

Cap'n Cat
May 26th, 2008, 09:48 PM
I have to with GSU's 6 over the three in a row. Both of them are extremely impressive but GSU's shows a dominance in different eras instead of the complete dominance of App over a short period of time. Now if App keeps rolling and gets another one this year then it becomes a lot closer for me with the edge probably going to App. If App falls off and then comes back to win a few more down the road then again the nod would have to go to them.

Yeah, but..............

Them Eagles won how many at their home stadium? They get an asterisk in my book. So does Marshall, those ****s. Youngstown, for whom I have no sympathy, nonetheless, won their games "on the road", as did Appy.

Just my opinion.

:)

ursus arctos horribilis
May 26th, 2008, 09:55 PM
Yeah, but..............

Them Eagles won how many at their home stadium? They get an asterisk in my book. So does Marshall, those ****s. Youngstown, for whom I have no sympathy, nonetheless, won their games "on the road", as did Appy.

Just my opinion.

Fair enough, and I can see that line of thinking but they played by the rules that the NCAA had set up and I know it wasn't fun to have to go to both of places to play but it is what it is. App did a nice job of making themselves real comfortable in Chatty so I think they had a nice advantage due to proximity that also can't be blamed on them for making the most of it.

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2008, 09:58 PM
I would say GSU's 6 over the long haul but if App wins their 4th in a row it goes to them. Just as nobody has ever won 6 nobody has ever won 4 in a row, which would be something that most people in the FCS thought would never happen with all the levity in the division.

soweagle
May 27th, 2008, 08:16 AM
We should have three in a row but the fumble virus of 98 kept it from happening.:D

AppAlum2003
May 27th, 2008, 08:19 AM
There are just WAY too many App threads on here. xlolx xlolx xlolx

(See, we App fans don't start them all!)

eaglewraith
May 27th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Yeah, but..............

Just my opinion.

Two. That was our reward for winning the first two in Tacoma, Washington.

SideLine Shooter
May 27th, 2008, 08:33 AM

Thank you for pointing that out...xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xnodx

Appstate29
May 27th, 2008, 08:45 AM
i'll take 6 overall over three in a row, and three in a row over four overall.

AppAlum2003
May 27th, 2008, 08:52 AM
As much as it pains me, I give the nod to GaSo's 6. They have established themselves as the top FCS program, IMO. Until someone can put up 7 flags at home, it will remain that way.

Tailbone
May 27th, 2008, 09:00 AM
Three sequential wins is impressive but defines a special group of athletes.
Multiple wins over time defines a program and is (to me) more impressive.
Multiple sequential wins over time trumps the previous cases.
6 wins over the life of our division is still the standard for me.

AppStateold299
May 27th, 2008, 09:24 AM
I agree that 6 wins overall is better than a mere 3 in a row. However, 3 in a row is very impressive.

james_lawfirm
May 27th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Fair enough, and I can see that line of thinking but they played by the rules that the NCAA had set up and I know it wasn't fun to have to go to both of places to play but it is what it is. App did a nice job of making themselves real comfortable in Chatty so I think they had a nice advantage due to proximity that also can't be blamed on them for making the most of it.

Proximity? Maybe relatively speaking, Chattanooga is closer to Boone, than say ... Delaware, Massachusetts, or Iowa. However, it is still a 6+ hour drive from Boone. It still requires committed fans to make the drive and take the time to go. All the more amazing when the fans have less than a week to prepare (& skip all those Christmas parties).

I like to think of it as our home away from home.

AZGrizFan
May 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I look at this argument a little like the Jack Nicklaus/Tiger Woods argument. You can still make an argument that Jack is/was better (at least I can :D ), but you just know that, eventually, it'll be a moot point. I'd go with GSU at this point, but I'm pretty sure that in 5 years, ASU will have one or two more and be the leader in the clubhouse. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

I-AA Fan
May 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Here's another ASU thread. Why did you answer it, he was just teasing? As far as an answer:

When you have won 5, you can say you have won more than a team that has won four. When you have won 7, you can say you have won more than a team that has won 6. Until then ...you have won 3. xpeacex

ngineer
May 27th, 2008, 11:35 AM

Very APPropo....;)

blueballs
May 27th, 2008, 01:07 PM
To give added perspective, GSU has two runner-ups and two more semi-final appearances in addition to the six NC's; so since GSU has been in the division, it has been in the final four 10 out of 24 seasons and in the top two 8 out of 24.

ursus arctos horribilis
May 27th, 2008, 01:09 PM
Proximity? Maybe relatively speaking, Chattanooga is closer to Boone, than say ... Delaware, Massachusetts, or Iowa. However, it is still a 6+ hour drive from Boone. It still requires committed fans to make the drive and take the time to go. All the more amazing when the fans have less than a week to prepare (& skip all those Christmas parties).

I like to think of it as our home away from home.

Look, I think I tempered that comment pretty well. There are few teams outside of the SoCon that have the luxury of driving to that game. And my point of view is from a guy that would love to be able to drive to a game that was even as close as 12 hrs. away. I believe we spent about 5 hrs. flying not to mention the extra few hours of airport time. You have to understand that my viewpoint of proximity is a bit different being in Missoula. If I want to just set foot in N. Dakota It would take me 9-10 hrs. of driving just to cross the border. There are many Griz fans that have a 4-6 hr. drive just to come to a home game. Also a 3-6 hr. drive to get on a plane that has been set up in less than 2 days to make the 5-6 hr. flight so PROXIMITY is a relative thing coming from me. I'm not trying to smack you on the comment.

ASUMountaineer
May 27th, 2008, 01:33 PM
I would say GSU's 6 over the long haul but if App wins their 4th in a row it goes to them. Just as nobody has ever won 6 nobody has ever won 4 in a row, which would be something that most people in the FCS thought would never happen with all the levity in the division.

No one thought any team could win 3 in row and no team ever had until last year. I only point that out for accuracy. This year will be the first time a team has had the chance to go for four in a row.

With that said, I side with GSU.

Last year, in the fourth quarter against GSU, Peacock came out (as usual) with the trophies. I told my friend during the game that we should not have brought the trophies out against GSU 1) out of respect for their six and 2) they would have to hold up both hands to show their rings. We lost the game, and I felt as if somehow we deserved to.

JDC325
May 27th, 2008, 01:42 PM
No one thought any team could win 3 in row and no team ever had until last year. I only point that out for accuracy. This year will be the first time a team has had the chance to go for four in a row.

Last year, in the fourth quarter against GSU, Peacock came out (as usual) with the trophies. I told my friend during the game that we should not have brought the trophies out against GSU 1) out of respect for their six and 2) they would have to hold up both hands to show their rings. We lost the game, and I felt as if somehow we deserved to.

Yeah it is not good to taunt a rival and GSU came very close to pulling off three in row. GSU has won 6 but ALL were back to back and one coming after a coaching change. Three in row is very impressive but I take four over any three no matter how you got them. A NC is so hard to get in my book I will always take the highest total. Being multiple NC champs is certainly an exclusive club to be in and I am happy there is good representation from the SoCon. xthumbsupx I hope GSU gets to double digits first. :D

ASUMountaineer
May 27th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Yeah it is not good to taunt a rival and GSU came very close to pulling off three in row. GSU has won 6 but ALL were back to back and one coming after a coaching change. Three in row is very impressive but I take four over any three no matter how you got them. A NC is so hard to get in my book I will always take the highest total. Being multiple NC champs is certainly an exclusive club to be in and I am happy there is good representation from the SoCon. xthumbsupx I hope GSU gets to double digits first. :D

Yeah, although, Peacock brings the trophies out at every game, not just against GSU. GSU has been the standard in FCS and the SoCon, App is making a case, and I think it will become a fierce rivalry again. There's not another SoCon team I hate more than you guys. :D SoCon is very well represented, looking forward to another great game this year in Statesboro.

blueballs
May 27th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Yeah it is not good to taunt a rival and GSU came very close to pulling off three in row twice.

Just to add to your thought... if not for a fumble inside Furman's 10 with about a minute to go in 1988 it would have been 3 in a row and 5 out of 6 from 1985-1990, with an undefeated season in the mix.

crunifan
May 27th, 2008, 06:03 PM
Are you kidding me?

Four is better than three, and six is better than both!

In 15 years, no one will care that Appalachian State won three in a row. All that matters is they won three. Bottom line is I would rather have four banners in my stadium than three, and six even more so.

Mountaineer
May 27th, 2008, 06:30 PM
xrolleyesx

I could start a winery with all the sour grapes running through these recent threads.

Sure six is greater than four which is greater than three. However, I like our chances to possibly add to the total over the next couple of years.

To each fanbase their respective championships are going to be important. Even to teams with one they know they've made it to the top and it'll be remembered forever.

And yeah, winning three in a row will definitely be remembered 15 years from now on the basis it has never been done before.

All the talk about the amazing GSU, YSU and Griz teams of years past. But guess what? They didn't get it done. Appalachian State did. We'll remember it, and as long as AGS is around - so will the rest of you. :p xlolx

parr90
May 27th, 2008, 07:13 PM
6 is more than 3 and GSU has played for 3 two times.

AZGrizFan
May 27th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Are you kidding me?

Four is better than three, and six is better than both!

In 15 years, no one will care that Appalachian State won three in a row. All that matters is they won three. Bottom line is I would rather have four banners in my stadium than three, and six even more so.

Let's start with one, and go from there, UNI.... :D :D :D

Mountaineer
May 27th, 2008, 08:03 PM

I realize that - try and keep up man. xlolx I was responding to the ridiculous assertion that in 15 years no one is going to remember App winning three in a row.

It's been over 20 since GSU pulled off the first back to back and it's still remembered and talked about. xbowx xthumbsupx

parr90
May 28th, 2008, 08:07 AM
I wasnt responding to you son. I was simply responding to the topic. You'll be ok.

Black Saturday
May 28th, 2008, 08:20 AM

Right, many don't think APP will make it 4 in a row, based just on the fact that it has not been done before, and the more of the same will be said if APP is fortunate enough to be going for 5 in a row, which with a healthy Armanti and gang is a strong possibility, imo. After that we'll have to wait and see.

IndianaAppMan
May 28th, 2008, 09:01 AM
The answer to this depends on whom you ask. As an App fan/alum, I wouldn't trade in our three in a row with the Michigan win to boot, plus a realistic shot at making it four in a row or more. xsmiley_wix

At the same time, I think I could live with six titles over an extended period under multiple coaches as GSU has done, or with being THE dominant team of a decade while still maintaining a Top 10 program like Youngstown.

If we were to look at the FBS, most people would say it's better to be a Southern Cal's accomplishments are better than, say, Florida State's these days. After all, USC has been Top 5 since about '02 with 2 nat'l titles, 3 Heismans, & 3 bowl game championship opportunities (counting the '03 season Rose Bowl). On the other hand, FSU had 14 straight Top 5's, 2 nat'l titles, 2 Heismans, & 5 national title games. Then again, as some would say (not me, mind you), that history is ancient, just like Bobby Bowden.

There will be no resolution to this debate. It always depends on whom you ask. You can throw in Montana, too, since they've made the playoffs since most college students were infants.

93henfan
May 28th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Here's a small tangent.

Do we consider Georgia Southern's six I-AA championships superior to Delaware's six national championships from when the subdivision went by different names?

As some know, FCS evolved under different names for the subdivision: ie. FCS was previously I-AA, before which there were the D-II to I-AA transitioning schools in the late 70s/early 80s like Delaware and Youngstown while others went straight to I-AA in '78, and most were "small college" or "college division" prior to Div II. There was no tournament prior to the D-II playoffs which started in '73, so the small college champions were voted by wire service (AP and UPI) prior to that.

So during this evolution, Delaware won a I-AA championship, a D-II championship, and four small college championships, all at this level, just below the "big-time" USC/Notre Dame/etc types, that we now call FCS.

I full well expect some Ivy's to start whipping out championships from WWI, but keep in mind you were not considered small colleges back then. Also, after the transition period of '78-'81, D-II was distinctly a notch below I-AA, so I don't want the Bison fans to lay claim to all those D-IIs you won in the 80s and pass them off as FCS.xnonox

Anyway, sorry for opening this can of worms!xlolx

SoCon48
May 28th, 2008, 11:33 AM
The 4 is better than 3 thing is just stupid. Sure 4 is better than 3, but is 4 better than 3 in a row? Hell no!

But now, 6 is better than the 3 in a row is a good debate.

WUTNDITWAA
May 28th, 2008, 11:45 AM
Leave it to the Georgia Southern contingent to point out that six is more than three. According to some of them, Furman's athletes apparently don't know that. [crossthread] xlolx

Now, I point to my siggy..........

crunifan
May 28th, 2008, 12:25 PM
xrolleyesx

I could start a winery with all the sour grapes running through these recent threads.

Sure six is greater than four which is greater than three. However, I like our chances to possibly add to the total over the next couple of years.

To each fanbase their respective championships are going to be important. Even to teams with one they know they've made it to the top and it'll be remembered forever.

And yeah, winning three in a row will definitely be remembered 15 years from now on the basis it has never been done before.

All the talk about the amazing GSU, YSU and Griz teams of years past. But guess what? They didn't get it done. Appalachian State did. We'll remember it, and as long as AGS is around - so will the rest of you. :p xlolx

As an Appalachian State fan you are completely biased.

As a UNI fan, with zero national titles, if I could choose my program to get three titles in a row, or four titles spread out over a few years I would absolutely choose four. Anyone who chooses differently is kidding themselves.

I think people are just biased because Appalachian State has been the team to beat RIGHT NOW. But when they look back on it, they will realize that as amazing as their accomplishments are, 4 titles and 6 titles are still better. Now if Appalachian State gets another trophy or two, things change completely.

SoCon48
May 28th, 2008, 01:34 PM
As a UNI fan, with zero national titles, if I could choose my program to get three titles in a row, or four titles spread out over a few years I would absolutely choose four. Anyone who chooses differently is kidding themselves.

Nope, not me. Watch how many teams will achieve 4 as opposed to how many win 3 in a row. (thus far..zero other than App) That is a record in itself.
Now compared to 6 would require a lot of thought.

Mountaineer
May 28th, 2008, 02:32 PM
As an Appalachian State fan you are completely biased.

I think people are just biased because Appalachian State has been the team to beat RIGHT NOW. But when they look back on it, they will realize that as amazing as their accomplishments are, 4 titles and 6 titles are still better. Now if Appalachian State gets another trophy or two, things change completely.

All things considered, I'm happy with ASU winning one. Three is just icing on the cake. Do you realize how hard it is to win four championships? Three in a row? Six overall?

If it was easy more teams would have accomplished the feat. They haven't. 6 and 4 are better according to whom? You? The rest of FCS? More power to you. At this particular moment in time - I love having three in a row, and if UNI was in our shoes you'd be feeling exactly the same.

Luckily, my time in Cedar Falls/UNI still has me wishing and hoping that the Panthers will win one soon. They're my second favorite FCS team, even if there are people like you attending.... ;)

Eaglesrus
May 28th, 2008, 02:46 PM
I'm on the fence between App's 3 in a row and our 6, but if App can make it 4 in a row (though yes, I understand that 6 is more than 4) I think I'll have to come down on the App side (on this question :) ). I just have to think that with the amount of turnover, player-wise, that would have to take place over that long of a span it would be an incredible accomplishment. I also think that the division as a whole is much stronger now than when we won several of our championships.

OldFootballGuy
May 28th, 2008, 02:57 PM

Last year was the first time a team had ever played for three championships in a row. EKU, Marshall, Youngstown St. and GSU all played IN three in a row, but nobody, prior to 2007, had ever played FOR three in a row.

crunifan
May 28th, 2008, 04:42 PM
All things considered, I'm happy with ASU winning one. Three is just icing on the cake. Do you realize how hard it is to win four championships? Three in a row? Six overall?

If it was easy more teams would have accomplished the feat. They haven't. 6 and 4 are better according to whom? You? The rest of FCS? More power to you. At this particular moment in time - I love having three in a row, and if UNI was in our shoes you'd be feeling exactly the same.

Luckily, my time in Cedar Falls/UNI still has me wishing and hoping that the Panthers will win one soon. They're my second favorite FCS team, even if there are people like you attending.... ;)

That is exactly my point. It is VERY hard to win ONE. So to win four is unbelievable! Even more so than three (even if they are in a row). The bottom line is when history looks back at football, and they count the most prestigious and talented football teams, they look at how many titles you won. It doesn't matter the years, the coaches, etc. It just matters how many times you won. And in the FCS, Appalachian is third in line, behind Georgia Southern and Youngstown State. That takes nothing away from what the Mountaineers accomplished, because it is amazing, but simply gives credit to Georgia Southern and Youngstown State.

The only major exception to winning many titles in a row is when it gets past 5 or so. Everyone knows UCLA's basketball streak and Iowa's wrestling streak (weren't both like 10 in a row?)

Mountaineer
May 28th, 2008, 04:55 PM
To be third in line behind GSU and YSU is perfectly acceptable in my book. Third out of..what?..over 120 FCS programs is pretty damn impressive. To be the first team to win three in a row absolutely takes nothing away from Southern's six and Youngstown's four. However, it does put ASU up there in some pretty remarkable and unique territory.

Who is this mythical they you keep talking about? xnodx Regular people who don't care about FCS football? Or people, as GSU fans have acknowledged, who are football fans and recognize that winning three in a row is something to be extremely proud of - as is four - as is six.

Bugger off with the "they won't care...." BS. Because it just doesn't fly to people who know their football. xthumbsupx

I've kept tabs on your posts for a couple of years now, and you've tried everything you can to diminish App's championships. Carry on. xpeacex

SoCon48
May 28th, 2008, 05:47 PM
That is exactly my point. It is VERY hard to win ONE. So to win four is unbelievable! Even more so than three (even if they are in a row). The bottom line is when history looks back at football, and they count the most prestigious and talented football teams, they look at how many titles you won. It doesn't matter the years, the coaches, etc. It just matters how many times you won. And in the FCS, Appalachian is third in line, behind Georgia Southern and Youngstown State. That takes nothing away from what the Mountaineers accomplished, because it is amazing, but simply gives credit to Georgia Southern and Youngstown State.

The only major exception to winning many titles in a row is when it gets past 5 or so. Everyone knows UCLA's basketball streak and Iowa's wrestling streak (weren't both like 10 in a row?)

I wonder why then that the NFL, NBA, MLB, etc even bothers to keep up with consecutive wins, steals, hits, strikeouts, games played, pass completions, FG's, etc? If number, not consecutive numbers, only matter, then that would take out Dimagio, Gherig, Whitey Ford, Stengal, and hundreds of other record holders.

appstate38
May 28th, 2008, 06:17 PM
As I said before... GSU is still the GOLD Standard on Championships. It is nice to at least be seen in their rear view mirror.

MaxASU'81
May 28th, 2008, 07:19 PM
If....If, ifs and buts were candy and nuts every day would be Christmas!

MaxASU'81
May 28th, 2008, 07:20 PM

and lost!

UMass922
May 28th, 2008, 07:28 PM
As a fan, I'd rather my team have six championships than three or four, regardless of whether or not they came consecutively.

MaxASU'81
May 28th, 2008, 07:34 PM
As a fan, I'd rather my team have six championships than three or four, regardless of whether or not they came consecutively.

It may come this year but someone from the CAA has got to beat App before you guys talk about more than 1 NC!

UMass922
May 28th, 2008, 07:41 PM
It may come this year but someone from the CAA has got to beat App before you guys talk about more than 1 NC!

Huh? Just said I'd rather have more championships than fewer. Didn't intend any smack against ASU.

crunifan
May 28th, 2008, 07:51 PM
To be third in line behind GSU and YSU is perfectly acceptable in my book. Third out of..what?..over 120 FCS programs is pretty damn impressive. To be the first team to win three in a row absolutely takes nothing away from Southern's six and Youngstown's four. However, it does put ASU up there in some pretty remarkable and unique territory.

Who is this mythical they you keep talking about? xnodx Regular people who don't care about FCS football? Or people, as GSU fans have acknowledged, who are football fans and recognize that winning three in a row is something to be extremely proud of - as is four - as is six.

Bugger off with the "they won't care...." BS. Because it just doesn't fly to people who know their football. xthumbsupx

I've kept tabs on your posts for a couple of years now, and you've tried everything you can to diminish App's championships. Carry on. xpeacex

By "they" I mean the sports media. Obviously fans of Appalachian State, Youngstown State, and Georgia Southern will view their accomplishments closer to heart, as they should. But by they, I mean the general sports enthusiast along with sports media like ESPN, etc.

I don't know what you are doing trying to single me out as someone trying to "diminish" your guy's championships or accomplishments. I would LOVE to one day even come close what you guys have done. And I don't know what you expect me to say more than that. But, it's like Mountaineer fans expect us to bow down to the greatness of Appalachian State football, which is absurd. All I have ever said in this thread is I think most people would rather have 4 titles than three, regardless of if they were consecutive or not. This entire thread I have been completely complimentary on ASU's accomplishments. You guys have every reason to be proud. Yet you have given no reasoned opinion other than to try and argue against my points and then throw in some sarcastic comments.

I'm not going to continue on with this pointless argument, because obviously you're not going to view my perspective unbiased, and apparently I am a ASU hater that is clearly delusional for thinking 4 titles is better than three in a row. So its better we just agree to disagree and move on. I never intended to downplay App's success, but I am certainly not going to continue trying to inflate the ASU fan's egos.

Mountaineer
May 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
By "they" I mean the sports media. Obviously fans of Appalachian State, Youngstown State, and Georgia Southern will view their accomplishments closer to heart, as they should. But by they, I mean the general sports enthusiast along with sports media like ESPN, etc.

Newsflash: ESPN and the general sports enthusiast do that anyway. Unless you're in a BCS conference they don't care. I expect more from FCS fans though, because we put up with the ********* from FBS fans while still being more than savvy enough to keep up with both subdivisions. Perhaps I was wrong....

I don't know what you are doing trying to single me out as someone trying to "diminish" your guy's championships or accomplishments. I would LOVE to one day even come close what you guys have done. And I don't know what you expect me to say more than that. But, it's like Mountaineer fans expect us to bow down to the greatness of Appalachian State football, which is absurd.

I'm saying I've seen a few App threads (and yes I agree there are too many, and yes I agree that I wish folks here would stop posting about everything we do) where you're one of the people in there pissin' all over it. If you don't have anything pleasant to say, why say anything at all?

I give props to all the FCS teams who've managed to climb the hill and win a national championship, beat FBS teams, etc. I like seeing the teams in our division do well.

Of course I don't expect you to bow down to the greatness of Appalachian State football. Talk about hyperbole.

One of the great things about this discussion board is that you have the option to read what you want and disregard the rest. It boggles my mind the amount of people here who go out of their way to gripe and moan about ASU. Don't open the thread. Don't read. Problem solved and you'll be much happier at the end of the day. :)

crunifan
May 28th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Newsflash: ESPN and the general sports enthusiast do that anyway. Unless you're in a BCS conference they don't care. I expect more from FCS fans though, because we put up with the ********* from FBS fans while still being more than savvy enough to keep up with both subdivisions. Perhaps I was wrong....

I'm saying I've seen a few App threads (and yes I agree there are too many, and yes I agree that I wish folks here would stop posting about everything we do) where you're one of the people in there pissin' all over it. If you don't have anything pleasant to say, why say anything at all?

I give props to all the FCS teams who've managed to climb the hill and win a national championship, beat FBS teams, etc. I like seeing the teams in our division do well.

Of course I don't expect you to bow down to the greatness of Appalachian State football. Talk about hyperbole.

One of the great things about this discussion board is that you have the option to read what you want and disregard the rest. It boggles my mind the amount of people here who go out of their way to gripe and moan about ASU. Don't open the thread. Don't read. Problem solved and you'll be much happier at the end of the day. :)

I will admit, the one time I did "piss all over" ASU was in the "top athletic departments" which I still completely stand by. It's just utterly insane to view ASU or really any of the FCS school in the top 20 of all athletic departments.

But I almost always avoid App. State posts, so unless you are referring to posts after the 2005 Championship game (which almost three years, should be/are irrelevant now), I have no idea what you are referring to. Even then, all I remember saying is that you guys beat us on luck. Which again, I still stand by. That's not even negative in my opinion, because I will tell you that we beat Texas State (and EWU and New Hampshire to be honest) on some amazingly lucky plays. Championships are won with a mix of talent and luck (I'd rather be lucky than good).

Also, I don't understand what you mean when you "expect more from FCS fans." Of course I recognize ASU's (and all other successful FCS teams) accomplishments, as do all of us on here. I love to see FCS teams fare well against FBS teams. But it is foolish to expect all sports enthusiast to. We are just as hypocritical, as we don't give Division II, III, or NAIA teams the light of day. It's just a fact that the majority only care about FBS football. I've come to accept that.

Mountaineer
May 28th, 2008, 08:29 PM
We are just as hypocritical, as we don't give Division II, III, or NAIA teams the light of day.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :o :D (I'm guilty) xnottalkingx

For the record, cr, I don't consider you an App hater. You bring up some good points and I respect your opinion. I'm being disagreeable. xsmiley_wix

We're definitely going to have different viewpoints on these matters, but it's all good. I'm off to take my sedative now.... xthumbsupx

crunifan
May 28th, 2008, 08:36 PM
Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. :o :D (I'm guilty) xnottalkingx

For the record, cr, I don't consider you an App hater. You bring up some good points and I respect your opinion. I'm being disagreeable. xsmiley_wix

We're definitely going to have different viewpoints on these matters, but it's all good. I'm off to take my sedative now.... xthumbsupx

Man, don't worry about it, I enjoy being disagreeable (obviously) as well! xlolx

SoCon48
May 29th, 2008, 07:29 AM
But I almost always avoid App. State posts, so unless you are referring to posts after the 2005 Championship game (which almost three years, should be/are irrelevant now)

Yep the '06 and '07 championship game did have a way of quieting down a lot of dissenters.