PDA

View Full Version : Way to go Elon Phoenix !

phillyAPP
May 26th, 2008, 09:36 AM
Elon Baseball won the SoCon basball tournament running away.

Good Luck in the College World Series.

And I mean it.

AshevilleApp2
May 26th, 2008, 10:00 AM
Go Phoenix! xthumbsupx I hope this is the year that you make both the baseball playoffs and the football playoffs.

IndianaAppMan
May 26th, 2008, 10:03 AM
I echo that sentiment. As an App State grad proudly married to an Elon grad, I'll pulling for Phoenix baseball in the NCAA's as well as in football this fall (with one significant exception, of course :) ). Go Elon!

smallcollegefbfan
May 26th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Congrats to Elon!

AppStFan76
May 26th, 2008, 10:21 AM
I'll be pulling for Elon as well, best of luck!!

asu70
May 26th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Congrats to Elon!

Ditto!

citdog
May 26th, 2008, 11:01 AM
nicely done firebirds...but remember you're just keeping that trophy warm for my Cadets..who OWN SoCon Baseball.

terrierbob
May 26th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Give 'em hell you Fightin' Christians

Eaglesrus
May 26th, 2008, 11:24 AM
Good luck to the Phoenix! Hope to see you playing in Omaha.

IndianaAppMan
May 26th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Wow, there's a lot of love for the Phoenix! App, The Citadel, GSU, & Wofford all standing behind Elon!

ElonPride
May 26th, 2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the congrats but now I have a gripe:

1. The 8th best conference in the nation (SoCon) only got 1 team in
2. CoC was left out. They were 50th in the RPI and had 39 wins!!!!!!
3. Elon is a #3 seed in the Cary bracket playing UNC & UNCW

IndianaAppMan
May 26th, 2008, 12:05 PM
Thanks for the congrats but now I have a gripe:

1. The 8th best conference in the nation (SoCon) only got 1 team in
2. CoC was left out. They were 50th in the RPI and had 39 wins!!!!!!
3. Elon is a #3 seed in the Cary bracket playing UNC & UNCW

Yikes! Tough draw! At least it's nearby, though also in Carolina's back yard.

neersnbeers
May 26th, 2008, 12:53 PM
That Cary facility is one sweet field. Go give em hell!

I-AA Fan
May 26th, 2008, 01:18 PM
No matter how much I love baseball ...wrong board here guys. Besides, you need to win the regionals and supers to advance the CWS.

Seawolf97
May 26th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Congratulations to the Phoenix! Stonybrook is in and plays Arizona State maybe we will meet!

T-Dog
May 26th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Sucks about the bracket. UNCW is very good. Ran away with the CAA this year and despite getting knocked out of the conference tourney, are still very good.

And UNC is ranked #2 in the Nation. So they're rather good themselves.

ElonPride
May 26th, 2008, 03:55 PM
Sucks about the bracket. UNCW is very good. Ran away with the CAA this year and despite getting knocked out of the conference tourney, are still very good.

And UNC is ranked #2 in the Nation. So they're rather good themselves.

Well, Elon did beat both during the regular season, and acutally SHUTOUT the Tarholes 2-0.

This Elon team has 43 wins on the year, but is very streaky. They could be playing lights out (like in the wins over UNCW, UNC and in the tourney) or just flatout suck (like in the 26-10 App debacle.....no offense to App).

Still though, making the regionals 2 out of the last 3 years, and 3 out of the last 5 isn't too bad!!!

phillyAPP
May 26th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Well, Elon did beat both during the regular season, and acutally SHUTOUT the Tarholes 2-0.

This Elon team has 43 wins on the year, but is very streaky. They could be playing lights out (like in the wins over UNCW, UNC and in the tourney) or just flatout suck (like in the 26-10 App debacle.....no offense to App).

Still though, making the regionals 2 out of the last 3 years, and 3 out of the last 5 isn't too bad!!!

I started this thread to prove a point that APP and many other schools do not dislike Elon. This is a Football board but I thought since Elon did something very good they would realize that many people do respect them when they win.

Good Luck and BEAT whomever you play ANY GIVEN DAY.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

zilla
May 26th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Congrats to the Phoenix. Best of luck in the Cary regional. xthumbsupx

CID1990
May 26th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Elon is going to win the their regional. They are hot right now, and UNC/UNCW are not. I hope they go deep in Omaha because I really think they have a great shot at getting there.

Also, I am not heartbroken to see cofc get left out. I could care less if our non football schools EVER see post season play in any sport. That includes Davidson in basketball.

whoanellie
May 26th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Wow, there's a lot of love for the Phoenix! App, The Citadel, GSU, & Wofford all standing behind Elon!
xbowx
Very moved but the SoCon deserved another bid for Charleston.
We would love to make a move like Davidson did in Hoops play.
as for Football, can't wait to open with a home night game with Richmond.
xthumbsupx

gophoenix
May 26th, 2008, 10:36 PM
I started this thread to prove a point that APP and many other schools do not dislike Elon. This is a Football board but I thought since Elon did something very good they would realize that many people do respect them when they win.

Good Luck and BEAT whomever you play ANY GIVEN DAY.

xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Yeah yeah, so it must be true! :D

The SoCon and CAA were screwed. What the NCAA said this year is despite mucking up the season to screw the little guys and despite them achieving great seasons regardless. Despite great RPIs and conference RPIs, we're still not going to give them bids.

the SoCon was the 8th best conference and got 1 bid with 7 teams inthe top 100. The CAA was a 2 bid with the 9th best conference. While Oklahoma was barely .500 and lost to a non-DI and Arkansas made it while not qualifying for their tournament.

Complete BS. Both the CAA and SoCon should have been 3 bid conferences.