PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State vs. Western Kentucky

wlj989s
October 9th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Anyone else excited for this game? I wish FSN would pick it up because it has potential to be a great game!

Mizzou State just picked up their biggest win in 10-15 years vs. UNI and WKU pulled out a squeaker.

Prediction

MO State 27
WKU 24

2 excelent teams. Should be a great game!

skinny_uncle
October 9th, 2005, 12:57 PM
In OT???????
:D

Killtoppers90
October 9th, 2005, 04:33 PM
We win should this one. Smith should be back in the D lineup this week and we are finally healthy on D. Should be able to play like we have been expecting to all along. And I sense a little letdown from the Bears this week with their thrilling win over the Panthers.

WKU- 34
Mo. St. - 21

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 04:46 PM
I'm looking for a much closer game and the Bears may pull the upset in this one, something like 27-24.

galojay
October 9th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Should be a good crowd at L.T. Smith Stadium at WKU. It is homecoming. I would expect near sell out.

crunifan
October 9th, 2005, 08:11 PM
I don't think WKU should have any problem winning. Missouri State is a good team, no doubt, but the only reason they barely beat UNI was because Eric Sanders got injured. I expect it to be pretty close, but WKU should win.

wlj989s
October 9th, 2005, 08:28 PM
1 quarter with Eric Sanders: UNI- 0 Points
2nd half without Eric Sanders: UNI- 21 points

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Should be a good crowd at L.T. Smith Stadium at WKU. It is homecoming. I would expect near sell out.

Hope the crowd at your homecoming is better than what we had. :rolleyes:

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 08:50 PM
I'm looking for a much closer game and the Bears may pull the upset in this one, something like 27-24.

Actually, if you told the truth, you'd say you hope it's a close game with MSU pulling it out, but there's no way you can truly expect it. Not if you have any sense anyway. It's our Homecoming game. Wishful thinking it seems.

galojay
October 9th, 2005, 08:55 PM
Toppermaniac.... "no way you can truly expect it. Not if you have any sense anyway." ???

Glad you're so confident. You do know MSU took SIU to OVERTIME AT SIU. Homecoming? Since when does that guarantee a win? You do know yesterday was Illinois State's Homecoming, and they lost. We've lost homecoming gmaes too. Toppers are good and I hope we win, but you are really overly confident.... I feel sorry for you if the Toppers lose, cause this board is going to rip you apart, as they should.

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 08:58 PM

Tell the truth. You really don't care much for WKU, do you? Could it be because we kick your butts every time we play. Seriously, the truth?

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 08:59 PM
Anyone else excited for this game? I wish FSN would pick it up because it has potential to be a great game!

Mizzou State just picked up their biggest win in 10-15 years vs. UNI and WKU pulled out a squeaker.

Prediction

MO State 27
WKU 24

2 excelent teams. Should be a great game!

My prediction: WKU 38 MSU 21

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 09:02 PM
Ah, yes . Homecoming at WKU. Since it isn't EKU, the stadium will be half full.

Another "packed" house !! :D

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 09:03 PM
Toppermaniac.... "no way you can truly expect it. Not if you have any sense anyway." ???

Glad you're so confident. You do know MSU took SIU to OVERTIME AT SIU. Homecoming? Since when does that guarantee a win? You do know yesterday was Illinois State's Homecoming, and they lost. We've lost homecoming gmaes too. Toppers are good and I hope we win, but you are really overly confident.... I feel sorry for you if the Toppers lose, cause this board is going to rip you apart, as they should.

You really didn't read my post very well did you? I'm not talking trash, nor did a guarantee a win. I simply pointed out that I don't think it's exactly a smart bet to take MSU over the Topps at home, on Homecoming nonetheless. Where did I guarantee a win? Point it out please. Though I am confident we will win, I realize nothing is a sure thing. And, MSU is a good team, but I think we're better, and again, we're at home. It's that simple.

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 09:04 PM
Ah, yes . Homecoming at WKU. Since it isn't EKU, the stadium will be half full.

Another "packed" house !! :D

Probably around 15,000.

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 09:05 PM
Probably around 15,000.

Besides, I don't think one WKU fan, whether we have 19,000 or 3, will have an effect on the outcome of the game. But, Brandon Smith will and he's going to be back in the lineup.

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 09:09 PM
I'll be glad to post the game attendance afterwards.

Nothing like a"little" honesty !! :D

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I'll be glad to post the game attendance afterwards.

Nothing like a"little" honesty !! :D

You go right ahead and enjoy yourself. If I'm not mistaken (though I don't remember for sure) we had 10,000-12,000 fans at the W. Virginia Tech game. Not exactly one to get excited about but still a good crowd. I believe it was over 10,000, but could be wrong. I had too many drinks to remember.

galojay
October 9th, 2005, 09:29 PM
Hey Toppermaniac.... maybe you shouldn't post while drinking... you're posting a lot of giberish.

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 09:33 PM
Gee and according to attendance records--

WKU avg....... YSU avg......
2004 8,769 -- 14,670
2003 10,124 -- 16,004
2002 7,386 -- 17,174
2001 9,717 -- 16,319
2000 8800 -- 18,152

Who knows ?? You "may" get 10k. I'll watch the papers and post your "homecoming" attendance . It's a "big" event . :D

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 09:46 PM
Hey Toppermaniac.... maybe you shouldn't post while drinking... you're posting a lot of giberish.

Hey jay, maybe you should mind your own businss. How bout that?

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 09:48 PM

2004 8,769 -- 14,670
2003 10,124 -- 16,004
2002 7,386 -- 17,174
2001 9,717 -- 16,319
2000 8800 -- 18,152

Who knows ?? You "may" get 10k. I'll watch the papers and post your "homecoming" attendance . It's a "big" event . :D

Just what is your point? To my knowledge, games aren't won or lost based on which teams have the biggest crowds. Oh, I get it. You'd like it to be that way so your team could win a few more games. My bad. I should have realized your line of thinking.

Killtoppers90
October 9th, 2005, 09:52 PM
Come on guys! let's chill out a bit and take a breath here. Let's all remember why the three of us are here...to SUPPORT our Toppers! So can we cut with the biting remarks and one-upmanship and focus on cheering the team to a HC victory? Thanks!

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 09:53 PM
Just "pointing " out some "facts".

I'm sure Homecoming will be a BIG event at old WKU. :D

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Just "pointing " out some "facts".

I'm sure Homecoming will be a BIG event at old WKU. :D

No, we reserve our big events for the playoffs. :D

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 09:57 PM
Come on guys! let's chill out a bit and take a breath here. Let's all remember why the three of us are here...to SUPPORT our Toppers! So can we cut with the biting remarks and one-upmanship and focus on cheering the team to a HC victory? Thanks!

Apparently, our other Topper fan has trouble reading, or he just reads selectively. Pretty ridiculous to call out a fellow fan that's responding to garbage posted by a fan of a rival team. But then again, I couldn't care less what ole jay has to say.

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 09:59 PM
Or anyone else !! :D

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 10:03 PM
Or anyone else !! :D

Hey kettle, you're black, said the pot. Guess you get my drift.

For the final time (frankly I've grown tired of this), point out where I've said ANYTHING derogatory about YSU. Point out where I've said they do not have a good team. Point out where I said WKU will absolutely beat YSU this year. I thought so. Remember, I haven't posted a thread entitled "WKU is Better than YSU". Try that in reverse and .... well, you know what I mean. Just what in the hell is your problem?

Paladin1aa
October 9th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Do you mean the thread that the INDIANA ST. FAN started ?? "YSU IS better than WKU".

Go argue with the INS fan. You are TOO funny !! :p

Toppermaniac
October 9th, 2005, 10:08 PM
Do you mean the thread that the INDIANA ST. FAN started ?? "YSU IS better than WKU".

Go argue with the INS fan. You are TOO funny !! :p

My bad. I mistakenly thought it was started by a YSU fan.

galojay
October 9th, 2005, 10:12 PM
Apparently, our other Topper fan has trouble reading, or he just reads selectively. Pretty ridiculous to call out a fellow fan that's responding to garbage posted by a fan of a rival team. But then again, I couldn't care less what ole jay has to say.

I'm just trying to help a topper out ... you're talking a lot of smack.. just trying to keep ya in check.

Grande Rosso
October 10th, 2005, 02:04 PM

2004 8,769 -- 14,670
2003 10,124 -- 16,004
2002 7,386 -- 17,174
2001 9,717 -- 16,319
2000 8800 -- 18,152

BG population = 44,000, Warren County = 87,100
Y-town population = 89,000, Mahoning County = 258,000

Maybe that has something to do with it?

crunifan
October 10th, 2005, 02:12 PM
1 quarter with Eric Sanders: UNI- 0 Points
2nd half without Eric Sanders: UNI- 21 points

And what exactly is that supposed to show?

Eric Sanders is arguably the best quaterback in I-AA football. I think most people will agree, had he not gotten injured, UNI would have won that football game. But, he did, so congrats to MSU, but I still think WKU will beat you. I would actually like to so MSU prove me wrong.

Toppermaniac
October 11th, 2005, 09:23 PM
BG population = 44,000, Warren County = 87,100
Y-town population = 89,000, Mahoning County = 258,000

Maybe that has something to do with it?

Based on their large population, I'd say YSU is the team with the poor crowds. Pretty simple math.

Deep Throat
October 12th, 2005, 08:13 AM
The Bears are much improved this year, but going on the road and beating WKU after playing SIU and UNI tight may be too much too ask.

WKU will be able to run at will which will eat up clock, which will force us to be extremely efficient in the red zone (something we haven't done very well this year).

Plus, if the coaches display the same conservative, predictable play-calling as the last two weeks it will really hamstring our offense. Our skill players, Carroll (QB), Baker (RB), and Sparks (WR) need to be let loose. They are capable of putting up a lot of points if the coaches get our of their way.

WKU 27
MSU 20

Paladin1aa
October 12th, 2005, 10:46 AM
The Bears are definitely improved and dangerous this year. I have already picked them to win by 3 over WKU.

WKU is decent this year, but has its share of injuries. They also do not appear as good as they were last year. WKU could well win . But this a game that up for grabs and either team could win.

Should be a good one !! :p

wlj989s
October 12th, 2005, 12:02 PM
Wish FSN or ESPNU would pick this one up.

Toppermaniac
October 12th, 2005, 09:11 PM
The Bears are definitely improved and dangerous this year. I have already picked them to win by 3 over WKU.

WKU is decent this year, but has its share of injuries. They also do not appear as good as they were last year. WKU could well win . But this a game that up for grabs and either team could win.

Should be a good one !! :p

Our offense is much better this year than last, but our defense hasn't played as well. Part of it's due to injuries and the other part is due to lost players from last year, particularly 3 starting LBs. We only lost 8 or 9 total players off last year's team, but the 3 starting Lbs were pretty dang good.