PDA

View Full Version : Walter Payton Award Candidates, '08

ericsaid
May 22nd, 2008, 03:21 PM
I for one am thinking Armanti and Terrelle Hudgins(Elon) will have legit shots this season.

List any others that you think will have a shot this coming season.

And please add stats from 07' if possible and position.

mcveyrl
May 22nd, 2008, 03:22 PM
I for one am thinking Armanti and Terrelle Hudgins(Elon) will have legit shots this season.

This coming season, or in '09?

ericsaid
May 22nd, 2008, 03:25 PM
This coming season, or in '09?

Sorry, confusion, I meant this up coming season, 08'

danefan
May 22nd, 2008, 03:48 PM
Mike McLeod from Yale has to be at the top of the list as well.

Syntax Error
May 22nd, 2008, 03:56 PM
Tyler Roehl, NDSU
Jonathan Dally, Cal Poly
Ramses Barden, Cal Poly
Matt Nichols, Eastern Washington
Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross
Rodney Landers, James Madison
Liam Coen, Massachusetts
Johnny Gray, Northern Iowa

ericsaid
May 22nd, 2008, 04:01 PM
Tyler Roehl, NDSU
Jonathan Dally, Cal Poly
Ramses Barden, Cal Poly
Liam Coen, Massachusetts

I agree with Liam Coen, he can throw the heck out of the ball, and he's more probable in my opinion than anyone on that list.

ElonPride
May 22nd, 2008, 04:14 PM

Yes, Terrell Hudgins will have a legit shot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Scott Riddle sneak onto this list towards the end of season, much like Hudgins did this past season.

Cleets
May 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM
Tyler Roehl, NDSU
Jonathan Dally, Cal Poly
Ramses Barden, Cal Poly
Liam Coen, Massachusetts

Jonathan Dally, Cal Poly
Ramses Barden, Cal Poly

xnodx xbowx

Gamecocks99
May 22nd, 2008, 04:28 PM
Jacksonville State's Ryan Perrilloux xcoolx

Syntax Error
May 22nd, 2008, 04:38 PM
Pretty much have to be a QB or RB to win the Payton.

Hoyadestroya85
May 22nd, 2008, 05:56 PM
Pretty much have to be a QB or RB to win the Payton.

Unless you're Brian Finneran :)

But back i honestly think Antwon Young QB of Villanova if healthy has a legit shot with the protection he'll be getting this year.. he was leading the CAA in Touchdowns when he got hurt this year

TexasTerror
May 22nd, 2008, 06:31 PM
Rhett Bomar, SHSU will probably be on the watch list. No telling if he ends up there, because I think he creates other opportunities for guys like Chris Poullard, our running back, who take away yards and scores from him.

CID1990
May 22nd, 2008, 06:32 PM
Hudgins will be ranked higher, but Andre Roberts will be on the list, as well.

Go...gate
May 22nd, 2008, 06:44 PM
Jordan Scott of Colgate, but his off-field troubles may disqualify him.

Tod
May 22nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Jonathan Dally, Cal Poly
Ramses Barden, Cal Poly

xnodx xbowx

Yeah, I guess all of the Buck Buchanan's were starting to bore them. xcoffeex

xlolx xlolx

xeekx

slostang
May 22nd, 2008, 07:00 PM
Ramses Barden
WR 6'6" 228

2007 Stats (Jr. year):

57 receptions for 1,467 yards (25.7 yds/rec.) and 18 TDs

Career Stats (3 years):

139 receptions for 2,946 yards (21.2 yds/rec.) and 32 TDs.

ericsaid
May 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
DaVon Fowkes was a finalist a few years ago as a wide reciever and had statistics much like Terrelle Hudgins this past season.

ericsaid
May 22nd, 2008, 08:05 PM
As for RP, a player is only as good as the guys around him.

GannonFan
May 22nd, 2008, 09:57 PM
I agree with Liam Coen, he can throw the heck out of the ball, and he's more probable in my opinion than anyone on that list.

Coen's got almost a whole new offense to have to work with this year as most of the top performers from last year are gone. He's a quality QB, but after struggling through injuries last year and now being one of just 4 offensive starters returning, UMass having a great offense is not a sure thing.

GeauxLions94
May 22nd, 2008, 10:29 PM
I nominate this guy ... Jay Lucas, Southeastern Louisiana xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

http://www.lionsports.net/content/headline/images/TCySDapyN2KcO62akY3DU507D95fbdrA.png

2007 Stats:
1,239 yards rushing, 7.2 ypc, 12 TD
51 receptions, 485 yards, 9.5 ypc, 3 TD

Also throw in a pair of Southland Conference players (TT covered Rhett Bomar).
Nathan Brown, QB, Central Arkansas
Steven Whitehead, WR, McNeese State

Retro
May 22nd, 2008, 11:39 PM
I nominate this guy ... Jay Lucas, Southeastern Louisiana xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

http://www.lionsports.net/content/headline/images/TCySDapyN2KcO62akY3DU507D95fbdrA.png

2007 Stats:

I agree and add QB Derrick Forroux.

umassfan
May 23rd, 2008, 12:08 AM
Coen's got almost a whole new offense to have to work with this year as most of the top performers from last year are gone. He's a quality QB, but after struggling through injuries last year and now being one of just 4 offensive starters returning, UMass having a great offense is not a sure thing.

From what im told our WR core could end up having a better year then that of last season. Also watch out for Tony Nelson... he will be a load to take down out of the backfield.

footballer23
May 23rd, 2008, 12:17 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/footballer23/RoehlII.jpg

MaximumBobcat
May 23rd, 2008, 12:25 AM

2007 Stats:

Definitely. Lucas is a stud; I hope he does well this year.

Tribe4SF
May 23rd, 2008, 08:32 AM
From what im told our WR core could end up having a better year then that of last season. Also watch out for Tony Nelson... he will be a load to take down out of the backfield.

Speculating about the skill positions is one thing, but UMass is losing some terrific offensive linemen as well.

Tribe4SF
May 23rd, 2008, 08:43 AM
I'll add W&M QB Jake Phillips.

GeauxLions94
May 23rd, 2008, 09:58 AM
I agree and add QB Derrick Forroux.

Fourroux does a great job in leading the Cowboys, though Whitehead is the marquee player on offense. And with Fontenot as the backup, McNeese has one of the better QB tandems in FCS.

He's probably a year away, but another player to keep your eyes on in the Southland is Karrington Bush of Texas State

andy7171
May 23rd, 2008, 10:25 AM
I'll throw in Sean Schaefer of Towson.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/upload/1.20_towson1_200.jpg

His poor Junior year showing was due to losing his 3 of his 4 top WRs to season ending injuries by the 4th game. He was on the Payton watch list at the beginning of the 07 season. With the o-line a year older and wiser, he could have a big year.

His started 32 of 33 games and has 8,358 yards and 41 TDs. He'll easliy top 10K passing yards this year, barring injury. He needs only 550 yards to break my QB's(Dan Crowley) Towson record for passing yards, which would put him at the top of all time Maryland Div.I QBs.

bluehenbillk
May 23rd, 2008, 10:59 AM
I'll throw in Sean Schaefer of Towson.

http://www.pressboxonline.com/upload/1.20_towson1_200.jpg

His poor Junior year showing was due to losing his 3 of his 4 top WRs to season ending injuries by the 4th game. He was on the Payton watch list at the beginning of the 07 season. With the o-line a year older and wiser, he could have a big year.

His started 32 of 33 games and has 8,358 yards and 41 TDs. He'll easliy top 10K passing yards this year, barring injury. He needs only 550 yards to break my QB's(Dan Crowley) Towson record for passing yards, which would put him at the top of all time Maryland Div.I QBs.

Really good QB, however, really nothing around him either. TU & W&M will be battling it out for a distant 5th in the CAA South this year.

I-AA Fan
May 23rd, 2008, 11:00 AM
Tyler Roehl, NDSU

Very nice calls there syntax, especially Randolph.

813Jag
May 23rd, 2008, 11:40 AM
You should know that a QB can make others around him better, I've seen good to great QBs make teams better with average supporting casts.

WrenFGun
May 23rd, 2008, 11:43 AM
How about QB Ward from Richmond? I like Landers and Edwards, a lot, too, obviously.

andy7171
May 23rd, 2008, 11:54 AM
How about QB Ward from Richmond? I like Landers and Edwards, a lot, too, obviously.

Ward from Richmond is nice. I think the Payton award if AE's to lose. There is talk he'll be on the Heisman list.

GaSouthern
May 23rd, 2008, 11:59 AM
Armanti Edwards is a LOCK! If he stays healthy it should be all his!

RAMS83
May 23rd, 2008, 12:55 PM
John Skelton Fordham QB will be a Junior 6'5 225 216 of 383 passes for 2,650 yards and 22 touchdowns.. nickname is "El Passo" -- from El Paso, TX. Fordham is loaded at receiver and Skelton threw 22TDS as a soph. Fordham is reigning Patriot League Champs.. Skelton is that good.. http://fordhamsports.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032708aac.html

crusader11
May 23rd, 2008, 01:27 PM
Dom Randolph is a much better QB than Skelton.

citdog
May 23rd, 2008, 01:41 PM
the payton award from the Patriot leaguexlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

crusader11
May 23rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
Just several years ago Jamaal Branch won the Payton Award, is that a joke too?

citdog
May 23rd, 2008, 03:27 PM
Just several years ago Jamaal Branch won the Payton Award, is that a joke too?

yes. imho the patriot league is not nearly as good as most other FCS Conferences

Go...gate
May 23rd, 2008, 03:36 PM
the payton award from the Patriot leaguexlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

It has happened twice, Citdog.

Go...gate
May 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM
yes. imho the patriot league is not nearly as good as most other FCS Conferences

That's just because we don't have a team from South Carolina....:D

citdog
May 23rd, 2008, 03:45 PM
That's just because we don't have a team from South Carolina....:D

correct! rep pts

KAUMASS
May 23rd, 2008, 05:06 PM
Speculating about the skill positions is one thing, but UMass is losing some terrific offensive linemen as well.

We have lost some quality starters, but there is a stable of kids returning who got a lot of playing time last year. UMass potentially will have the biggest line ever in it's history. We also have another kid eligible this year who transferred from ND a few years back for O line. Our O' line could average 6'6" this year. The kid from ND is 6'7'' and another is 6'9'' who got a lot of playing time last year. Receivers looked quick in the spring game, and I think we will be well balanced in offense again this year. We have added a big running back who changed positions from defense this spring. The kid weighs about 250, and looked good in the spring game. UMass is going to pound the ball this year, which will open up the passing game for Coen.

Cocky
May 23rd, 2008, 09:43 PM
It is Edwards' to lose.
As for RP, he could be a factor but our overall team isn't App State which will hurt his chances. If we are able to get a top level RB and a decent level OL it would better his chances to a factor.

Bull_Dawgin83
May 24th, 2008, 08:29 PM
I'm good with Perilloux if he can get his act together. Other candidates include Rashad Jennings of Liberty and Rodney Landers of James Madison.

GannonFan
May 24th, 2008, 09:09 PM
I'm good with Perilloux if he can get his act together. Other candidates include Rashad Jennings of Liberty and Rodney Landers of James Madison.

Perilloux has pretty much no shot whatsover. Heck, Flacco had an incredible year last year, enough to have him be drafted in the NFL first round, and he couldn't even make the watch list. Granted, it wasn't the Payton Award's finest hour (not saying he should've won, but he was certainly worthy of being considered). Perilloux's got no prayer for this award.

ericsaid
May 24th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I think Rodney Landers is an average quarterback at best and what really makes him effective is everyone around him.

He seems a lot like Lance Kreason(sp?) from NAU to me, a better passer albeit but all together they are about the same.

GreatAppSt
May 24th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Matt Nichols, Eastern Washington I'm betting makes the finals.xthumbsupx

APPALACHIANstate
May 24th, 2008, 10:30 PM
AE.

uofmman1122
May 25th, 2008, 12:03 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Cole Bergquist ended up on the watch list, but I think he's a huge long-shot!

I'm gonna go with Matt Nichols from EWU. If his O-Line situation gets worked out, the guy could be better than Eric Meyer.

If I had to pick a second, I'd go with Armanti in a heartbeat. Guarantee these two will be in the final. xthumbsupxxlolx

SkinsWizDukes
May 25th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Call me biased, but Landers is not an average QB. If you're saying he benefits from what is around him, then the same could be said about AE.

BDKJMU
May 26th, 2008, 11:25 PM
I think Rodney Landers is an average quarterback at best and what really makes him effective is everyone around him.

He seems a lot like Lance Kreason(sp?) from NAU to me, a better passer albeit but all together they are about the same.

Yeah, 19th out of 116 in QB paser rating and rushing for 1273 yds, 5.7 per carry, and a doz TDs is "avg".

PASSING----------GP---Effic--Cmp-Att-Int-Pct---Yds-TD-Lng-Avg/G
Rodney Landers 12 148.22 130-205-5 63.4 1678 13 61 139.8

RUSHING----------GP--Att--Gain-Loss-Net--Avg--TD-Long-Avg/G
Rodney Landers 12--223-1324--51-1273--5.7--12--34---106.1

http://www.jmusports.com/fls/14400/stats/football/2007/teamcume.htm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=pass&sort=rat&season=3&year=2007&group=81

Tod
May 27th, 2008, 01:10 AM
Wouldn't surprise me if Cole Bergquist ended up on the watch list, but I think he's a huge long-shot!

I'm gonna go with Matt Nichols from EWU. If his O-Line situation gets worked out, the guy could be better than Eric Meyer.

If I had to pick a second, I'd go with Armanti in a heartbeat. Guarantee these two will be in the final. xthumbsupxxlolx

xdohx

Lionsrking
May 27th, 2008, 02:33 AM

I don't know about winning the Payton Award, because he's a defensive player, but the best player in FCS may very well be Ladarius Webb of Nicholls State. He's a difference maker in the secondary and will also see some time on offense. Possible 1st round pick in the NFL draft next spring.

ur2k
May 27th, 2008, 08:29 AM

This is probably more likely in 09 when he is a senior.

smallcollegefbfan
May 27th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Here are who we have so far and I added some new names. I bolded the names that I think are locks to make the list. Anyone else have a player who they think should be a lock?

QB Armanti Edwards, App State
QB Matt Nichols, EWU
QB Dominic Randolph, Holy Cross
QB Nathan Brown, Central Arkansas
QB Liam Coen, UMASS
QB Jonathan Dally, Cal Poly
QB Scott Riddle, Elon
QB Jacob Phillips, W&M
QB Rodney Landers, James Madison
QB Eric Ward, Richmond
QB Derrick Fourroux, McNeese State
QB Bryant Lee, Southern
QB Rhett Bomar, Sam Houston State
QB Allan Holland, Eastern Kentucky
RB Rashad Jennings, Liberty
RB Herb Donaldson, Western Illinois
RB Corey Lewis, Northern Iowa
RB Mike McLeod, Yale
RB Jordan Scott, Colgate
RB Tyler Roehl, North Dakota State
RB Jay Lucas, SE Louisiana
WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly
WR Terrell Hudgins, Elon

AppAlum2003
May 27th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Anyone think that Hudgins and Riddle being on the same team hurts them? We're always told by the media that in cases like this, the teammates tend to "split votes." I would agree that could be the case if we were talking about RB and WR or RB and QB. But, if Elon puts up the offensive numbers we all think they're capable of, both guys should be on the list.

smallcollegefbfan
May 27th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Anyone think that Hudgins and Riddle being on the same team hurts them? We're always told by the media that in cases like this, the teammates tend to "split votes." I would agree that could be the case if we were talking about RB and WR or RB and QB. But, if Elon puts up the offensive numbers we all think they're capable of, both guys should be on the list.

I think both should be on the list but it can hurt a little. Riddle is just a sophomore so I would think he is left off the preseason list but will get added if he puts up the type of numbers that make him worthy due to him being a known name at this already.

mcveyrl
May 27th, 2008, 10:02 AM
Here are who we have so far and I added some new names. I bolded the names that I think are locks to make the list. Anyone else have a player who they think should be a lock?

QB Matt Nichols, EWU
QB Liam Coen, UMASS
QB Scott Riddle, Elon
QB Jacob Phillips, W&M
QB Eric Ward, Richmond
QB Bryant Lee, Southern
RB Mike McLeod, Yale
RB Jordan Scott, Colgate
WR Terrell Hudgins, Elon

I'm not completely sold on Landers as being a Payton Candidate, mainly because of possible accuracy concerns (that could clear up). From JMU, I would Eugene Holloman. There are some questions marks concerning his health and a lot will depend on how the offense is run, but he could have a big year.

smallcollegefbfan
May 27th, 2008, 10:22 AM
I'm not completely sold on Landers as being a Payton Candidate, mainly because of possible accuracy concerns (that could clear up). From JMU, I would Eugene Holloman. There are some questions marks concerning his health and a lot will depend on how the offense is run, but he could have a big year.

Players bolded were ones that I think will be on the list for sure. I agree with you on Landers but if you name 20-25 players that could be on the list, he has to be a name considered. What is Holloman's status? I haven't seen anything on him lately.

mcveyrl
May 27th, 2008, 10:53 AM
Players bolded were ones that I think will be on the list for sure. I agree with you on Landers but if you name 20-25 players that could be on the list, he has to be a name considered. What is Holloman's status? I haven't seen anything on him lately.

I don't think the official word has come down, but everybody in Harrisonburg expects him to be back...

GannonFan
May 27th, 2008, 09:47 PM

The knock against Holloman, though, will be that he could very well not even be the leading rusher on his own team, depending on how Landers does. The other thing, without Holloman last year, and with a less experienced line, unheralded younger backs, even Yancey who was a freshman, thrived. Holloman's a longshot, IMO, to even be on the watch list.

BDKJMU
May 28th, 2008, 12:27 AM

Yeah, 19th out of 116 in QB paser rating and rushing for 1273 yds, 5.7 per carry, and a doz TDs is "avg".

PASSING----------GP---Effic--Cmp-Att-Int-Pct---Yds-TD-Lng-Avg/G
Rodney Landers 12 148.22 130-205-5 63.4 1678 13 61 139.8

RUSHING----------GP--Att--Gain-Loss-Net--Avg--TD-Long-Avg/G
Rodney Landers 12--223-1324--51-1273--5.7--12--34---106.1

http://www.jmusports.com/fls/14400/stats/football/2007/teamcume.htm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/sortables?stat=pass&sort=rat&season=3&year=2007&group=81

"Where Madison wasn't statistically impressive was throwing the ball, finishing 10th in the 12-team league at just 144.9 yards per game. Part of the reason, Matthews and Durden said, was that quarterback Rodney Landers suffered a bruised wrist that caused JMU to scale back its passing attack in the final four games of the season."

"During the first eight games of 2007, Landers passed for an average of 169.3 yards on 18.3 attempts per game. The Dukes went 6-2 in that stretch. In the final four games, after his injury, Landers threw just 14.5 times per game, averaging 105.7 yards per game through the air. JMU went 2-2.

Durden said Landers - who had the wrist immobilized for part of the winter - is now "100 percent.""

http://www.dnronline.com/search_details.php?AID=16966&CHID=3&key=JMU%20football&title=&author=&channelid=

mcveyrl
May 28th, 2008, 07:48 AM
The knock against Holloman, though, will be that he could very well not even be the leading rusher on his own team, depending on how Landers does. The other thing, without Holloman last year, and with a less experienced line, unheralded younger backs, even Yancey who was a freshman, thrived. Holloman's a longshot, IMO, to even be on the watch list.

That's what I said "depending on how the offense is run." I too think that Holloman is a longshot but worth mentioning, but if he's healthy (and I think that's a bigger if than anything) and teams start to key in on Landers, he could have a big year.

I have no idea how Matthews is going to sort out the multiple backs issue. Will probably come in handy when injuries start piling up.

appfan2008
May 28th, 2008, 10:53 AM
call me biased but i think it is about time that an asu player wins this award... we have so many great players come through and not win it... I think this will be AE and ASU's year!

ericsaid
May 28th, 2008, 02:42 PM
I think it will still be someone elses award, not ASU's but I expect D.J. Smith to have the Buck Buchanon award in the 09' and 10' season.

Armanti's great and all but with App winning the national championships I think sports writers who vote want to give some other schools credit.

Corey Lynch should have had the BB last year.(should have)

smallcollegefbfan
May 28th, 2008, 02:45 PM
I think it will still be someone elses award, not ASU's but I expect D.J. Smith to have the Buck Buchanon award in the 09' and 10' season.

Armanti's great and all but with App winning the national championships I think sports writers who vote want to give some other schools credit.

Talk about something being stolen. That award seemed to be his destiny after the Michigan game.

AppAlum2003
May 28th, 2008, 02:53 PM
Everyone else can keep their Walter Payton Awards and Buck Buchanan Awards... I'll take another championship!

ericsaid
May 28th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Everyone else can keep their Walter Payton Awards and Buck Buchanan Awards... I'll take another championship!

I concur with this statement.

AshevilleApp
May 28th, 2008, 03:23 PM
I was looking over AE's stats from last year.....He missed 4 games early but made up for those 4 in the playoffs......So for a regular season he amassed 3536 yds of offense and was involved in 38 TDs. The Richmond Game was out-of-sight (sorry Spider fans) 495 yds, involved in 7 TDs. If he's fully healthy and with another year under his belt in the system.....WHEW!!

FCS Go!
May 28th, 2008, 03:29 PM

xbawlingx Lynch wasn't a dominant factor in every game and didn't attract the attention of opposing offenses like some of the other candidates. xwhistlex

AppAlum2003
May 28th, 2008, 03:36 PM
xbawlingx Lynch wasn't a dominant factor in every game and didn't attract the attention of opposing offenses like some of the other candidates. xwhistlex

It's not his fault folks couldn't learn not to throw in his direction with the game on the line. I'm looking at you, Furple. xnonono2x

DLS
May 28th, 2008, 03:45 PM

can't tell if this is for real or dripping with sarcasm.

ericsaid
May 28th, 2008, 04:02 PM

My guess is he is being for real, but has no idea how close to sarcasm it is.

leatherneck177
May 28th, 2008, 04:06 PM
RB Herb Donaldson WIU

FCS Go!
May 28th, 2008, 04:07 PM

Well, I only saw him play 4 times so maybe I missed it. He was a great player but not the obvious choice for the award that some fans seem to think he was. I thought he would win it on the basis of his high-profile Michigan exploits but cooler heads prevailed.

ElonPride
May 28th, 2008, 04:13 PM
I think both should be on the list but it can hurt a little. Riddle is just a sophomore so I would think he is left off the preseason list but will get added if he puts up the type of numbers that make him worthy due to him being a known name at this already.

you are probably right. Hudgins wasn't listed as a Payton candidate until the last couple weeks of the season (he was a soph).

ericsaid
May 28th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Well, I only saw him play 4 times so maybe I missed it. He was a great player but not the obvious choice for the award that some fans seem to think he was. I thought he would win it on the basis of his high-profile Michigan exploits but cooler heads prevailed.

You didn't watch 15 games. With over 110 tackles as a safety and 6 interceptions two blocked kicks one FF and i believe a couple of fumble recoveries.

Two game saving plays an INT at Furman and the Blocked Kick at michigan, 4 passes defended in the National Championship.

SOLID

Umass74
May 28th, 2008, 04:24 PM
QB Matt Nichols, EWU
QB Liam Coen, UMASS

How can Coen not be considered a lock to be included? Going into 2008, of active QB's he's:

1st in career passing eff. 152.43
1st in career TD's 66
2nd in Career passing average 64.46%
2nd in total career yards 8282
2nd in career completions 624
and on and on

ericsaid
May 28th, 2008, 04:25 PM
How can Coen not be considered a lock to be included? Going into 2008, of active QB's he's:

1st in career TD's 66
and on and on

I say he will be high on everyones list come game time.

spelunker64
May 28th, 2008, 04:30 PM
Barden has the best chance from the non QB/RB guys...

FCS Go!
May 28th, 2008, 04:31 PM
You didn't watch 15 games. With over 110 tackles as a safety and 6 interceptions two blocked kicks one FF and i believe a couple of fumble recoveries.

Two game saving plays an INT at Furman and the Blocked Kick at michigan, 4 passes defended in the National Championship.

SOLID

I didn't mean to imply that he wasn't a solid player or a legit candidate for the BB. I think "solid" is an understatement. It just seems that there is a perception that he was the obvious, no contest, shoo-in for the award and that he was somehow unjustly denied.
There were other candidates with comparable stats and comparable performances on the field.

Lets get back to the ? at hand for this thread. I'll go with AE, Ramses Barden, Roehl and Coen for now. If AE stays healthy and has the usual numbers he can't lose.

uofmman1122
May 28th, 2008, 04:32 PM

SOLIDHad he not blocked that one FG in that one game (xrolleyesx) Kroy would have run away with it. xtwocentsx

Also, xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawl ingxxbawlingxxbawlingx xlolx

ericsaid
May 28th, 2008, 05:31 PM
Had he not blocked that one FG in that one game (xrolleyesx) Kroy would have run away with it. xtwocentsx

Also, xbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawlingxxbawl ingxxbawlingxxbawlingx xlolx

I also thought Brian Johnston from Gardner Webb had almost a better case to win than Lynch or Biermann but the competition faced determined it I guess.

I would love to see Armanti win this award but I don't see it happening for some reason.

McNeese75
May 28th, 2008, 10:06 PM

SOLID

xrolleyesx Take a look at the stats of those who finished above him and I think you will see why he did not win the BB. Great player, but there were others that did just as well or better.

slostang
May 28th, 2008, 10:24 PM

1st in career TD's 66
and on and on

Cal Poly QB Jonathan Dally career passing eff. is 196.7 (he is the highest returning QB in 2008 and he was second rated QB in 2007). Of course his FCS career has only been one year. Hopefully he can up it in 2008.xnodx

Maroon&White
May 28th, 2008, 11:09 PM
Cal Poly QB Jonathan Dally career passing eff. is 196.7 (he is the highest returning QB in 2008 and he was second rated QB in 2007). Of course his FCS career has only been one year. Hopefully he can up it in 2008.xnodx

Too bad he's not eligible for the career leaders ;)

Still a great passing eff.

AshevilleApp
May 29th, 2008, 10:49 AM

SOLID

Actually he had 3 blocked kicks (6 for his career), 1 forced fumble and 11 passes defended to go along with his 111 tackles, 6 INTS and a touchdown.

AppAlum2003
May 29th, 2008, 11:34 AM

1st in career TD's 66
and on and on

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't UMASS lose a lot on the offensive side of the ball this year? Could be why folks are thinking Liam will have a good year, just not a GREAT year? xchinscratchx

smallcollegefbfan
May 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't UMASS lose a lot on the offensive side of the ball this year? Could be why folks are thinking Liam will have a good year, just not a GREAT year? xchinscratchx

Very true but with his numbers he probably gets on the preseason list and like everyone else has to play well enough to keep his name on the list.

I wouldn't mind seeing an offensive lineman on the Payton Watch at some point. Anyone have nominations among OL? OT Joel Bell of Furman is the first name that comes to my mind. OT Tyler Booth of YSU was hurt last year but has the potential to be one of the best in the FCS this year as well.

813Jag
May 29th, 2008, 11:45 AM

QB Matt Nichols, EWU
QB Liam Coen, UMASS
QB Scott Riddle, Elon
QB Jacob Phillips, W&M
QB Eric Ward, Richmond
QB Bryant Lee, Southern
RB Mike McLeod, Yale
RB Jordan Scott, Colgate
WR Terrell Hudgins, Elon
I'm happy just seeing Bryant Lee on anybody's list but he won' put up outrageous numbers needed to get noticed on a SWAC team. Bruce Eugene put up crazy numbers, Lee won't get close to those, but he is a top 3QB in the SWAC.

smallcollegefbfan
May 29th, 2008, 11:51 AM
I'm happy just seeing Bryant Lee on anybody's list but he won' put up outrageous numbers needed to get noticed on a SWAC team. Bruce Eugene put up crazy numbers, Lee won't get close to those, but he is a top 3QB in the SWAC.

You can't overlook the SWAC! xthumbsupx

Gamecocks99
May 29th, 2008, 02:15 PM
Perilloux has pretty much no shot whatsover. Heck, Flacco had an incredible year last year, enough to have him be drafted in the NFL first round, and he couldn't even make the watch list. Granted, it wasn't the Payton Award's finest hour (not saying he should've won, but he was certainly worthy of being considered). Perilloux's got no prayer for this award.

BASED ON WHAT OR WHOS INFORMATION ? xconfusedx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

CAN ANYONE GIVE A LIST OR AN OUTLINE OF WHAT THEY LOOK FOR IN A PLAYER BESIDE THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER.

HOW MUCH OF THIS AWARD IS POLITICAL?

AND HOW MUCH OF THE AWARD IS WHO'S YOUR DADDY OR GRAND DADDY

OR WHICH CONFERENCE IS YOUR UNIVERSITY IS IN ETC ?

smallcollegefbfan
May 29th, 2008, 02:25 PM

CAN ANYONE GIVE A LIST OR AN OUTLINE OF WHAT THEY LOOK FOR IN A PLAYER BESIDE THE BEST OFFENSIVE PLAYER.

Obviously any player could win the award. Afterall Ricky Santos was not even the starter heading into his freshman year until injuries put him on the field. That is something nobody could predict.

There are some politics in them no question.

We will see how good he is come August and September. I hope he does well but I don't think he is going to run all over everyone like it seems some JSU people believe he will do.

He will also have a tough time getting votes from many voters who include off field actions when voting.

ericsaid
May 29th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I can't see sports writers voting for him to win the highest award in FCS after he was dismissed from LSU.

AppAlum2003
May 29th, 2008, 02:59 PM

Please tell me I'm misinterpreting that comment and that you're not actually attempting to bring race into the argument. If so, I think Mr. Foster would have to disagree with you.

Lionsrking
May 29th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I can't see sports writers voting for him to win the highest award in FCS after he was dismissed from LSU.

Maybe not but if he goes on to earn it on the field, he'll deserve it. The best player is the best player regardless of where he came from or how he got there.

AppAlum2003
May 29th, 2008, 03:16 PM
Maybe not but if he goes on to earn it on the field, he'll deserve it. The best player is the best player regardless of where he came from or how he got there.

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Gamecocks99
May 29th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Please tell me I'm misinterpreting that comment and that you're not actually attempting to bring race into the argument. If so, I think Mr. Foster would have to disagree with you.

Race has nothing at all to do with it.

But, If your Dad or Grand Dad has had a way to give you a leg up politically from any angle. It would be unfair.

He will also have a tough time getting votes from many voters who include off field actions when voting

He has never been arrested for anything. People need to get the complete story. Remember if it bleeds it leads. People like a juicy story and if it is not juicy then writers make up part of the story to make it sound good. Has RP been where he shouldn't yes. Most of his problems in the PAST are very petty. From being a newspaper writer PLEASE do not believe alll you read in any paper.

Below is a post from GoJaxState.Com from a lady from EAST ST JOHNS and has known Perrilloux most of his life. Please read her insight to his story

esjchick
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:30 pm

hey there...i'm new here but i've been around Perrilloux for years...i've been to every highschool game & watched him break records left and right... also watched him do wonders on the field for LSU.

Now, to help answer some of the questions above...

Reports have him close (what does this mean?) to a counterfeiting ring.

There was "funny money" going all over St. John Parish (LaPlace). I'm sure most of you know we have parishes here, not counties. Ryan got his hands on the money because a family member gave it to him. He wasn't aware it was fake...he tried to pay for gas with it but it was recognized as being counterfeit. Ryan Perrilloux wasn't the only person caught with the money...many people in St. John were caught. The feds wouldn't just slap him on the wrist if he was guilty. Some LSU fans (the ones that "know it all") think that it was all a cover-up but I hate to break it to them...LSU isn't God LOL They do not have the pull to cover up anything of that magnitude....regardless of what they think.

trying to get in a casino with a fake ID (sure some on this board have entered bar with either a fake or someone elses ID)

He attempted to use his brothers ID to enter the casino in Baton Rouge. He was issued a summons... not arrested and taken to jail. How many of us have used fake ID's before? LOTS... granted, it wasn't the smartest thing in the world to do in Baton Rouge when you have a very very familiar face to anyone that knows anything bout football LOL it wasn't identity theft...it was impersonation at the most...NOT A CRIME

and a bar fight, in which, he was not charged

He was at the Varisty Theater in Baton Rouge with oodles of his teammates. They were asked to leave and someone said something smart to a bunch of arrogant bouncers. They are all 20-24 yr olds.... tempers flare & they get stupid. The fight took place on the outside of the theater/club (not a "bar room" like many out of towners think)... Ryan was not charged with anything at all... some he said, she said crap spread & of course Ryan's name was thrown out there...he was suspended for just the Alabama game & he did not take the trip.

Ryan was never arrested and never charged with any crimes. I'm not saying he was an angel & did no wrong, but nothing warranting dismissal. There are plenty of programs out there that have had to deal with worse & some of those players are still members of their teams. The media did alot of damage to Ryan Perrilloux... starting back as a 14 yr old kid at East St John... The kid is a gem...one of the best all around athletes I've ever seen play the game.

I'm excited that I get to learn a bit more about JSU. I will also make trips & catch as many games as I can. This is the best move Ryan could make. Out of state & away from the people that brought him down a wrong path. he's a respectful kid (always has been to us) & I wish him the best of luck.

Lookin forward to some record breaking numbers & a great season!

Gamecocks99
May 29th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionsrking

DOUBLE AMEN

xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

smallcollegefbfan
May 29th, 2008, 03:51 PM
People like a juicy story and if it is not juicy then writers make up part of the story to make it sound good. Has RP been where he shouldn't yes. Most of his problems in the PAST are very petty. From being a newspaper writer PLEASE do not believe alll you read in any paper.

Amen to that!

Best of luck to him.

Do you think he is going to come in and dominate from the first game and earn All-America honors or do you feel that he will be an All-American in his 2nd year?

Aho_Old_Guy
May 29th, 2008, 04:17 PM
xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

Rising Junior at the University of Tweetsie
(High School GPA: 3.3)

2 Years
2 National Championships
0 convictions
0 arrests

2,741 yards rushing & 36 TDs
4,199 yards passing & 32 TDs

For the math challenged that's 6,940 total yards and 68 TDs.

I wish #14 and his TEAM mates good health, 'sweetness' and continued prosperity.

AppAlum2003
May 29th, 2008, 04:41 PM
Race has nothing at all to do with it.

But, If your Dad or Grand Dad has had a way to give you a leg up politically from any angle. It would be unfair.

He will also have a tough time getting votes from many voters who include off field actions when voting

He has never been arrested for anything. People need to get the complete story. Remember if it bleeds it leads. People like a juicy story and if it is not juicy then writers make up part of the story to make it sound good. Has RP been where he shouldn't yes. Most of his problems in the PAST are very petty. From being a newspaper writer PLEASE do not believe alll you read in any paper.

Below is a post from GoJaxState.Com from a lady from EAST ST JOHNS and has known Perrilloux most of his life. Please read her insight to his story

esjchick
Posted: Thu May 15, 2008 6:30 pm

hey there...i'm new here but i've been around Perrilloux for years...i've been to every highschool game & watched him break records left and right... also watched him do wonders on the field for LSU.

Now, to help answer some of the questions above...

Reports have him close (what does this mean?) to a counterfeiting ring.

There was "funny money" going all over St. John Parish (LaPlace). I'm sure most of you know we have parishes here, not counties. Ryan got his hands on the money because a family member gave it to him. He wasn't aware it was fake...he tried to pay for gas with it but it was recognized as being counterfeit. Ryan Perrilloux wasn't the only person caught with the money...many people in St. John were caught. The feds wouldn't just slap him on the wrist if he was guilty. Some LSU fans (the ones that "know it all") think that it was all a cover-up but I hate to break it to them...LSU isn't God LOL They do not have the pull to cover up anything of that magnitude....regardless of what they think.

trying to get in a casino with a fake ID (sure some on this board have entered bar with either a fake or someone elses ID)

He attempted to use his brothers ID to enter the casino in Baton Rouge. He was issued a summons... not arrested and taken to jail. How many of us have used fake ID's before? LOTS... granted, it wasn't the smartest thing in the world to do in Baton Rouge when you have a very very familiar face to anyone that knows anything bout football LOL it wasn't identity theft...it was impersonation at the most...NOT A CRIME

and a bar fight, in which, he was not charged

He was at the Varisty Theater in Baton Rouge with oodles of his teammates. They were asked to leave and someone said something smart to a bunch of arrogant bouncers. They are all 20-24 yr olds.... tempers flare & they get stupid. The fight took place on the outside of the theater/club (not a "bar room" like many out of towners think)... Ryan was not charged with anything at all... some he said, she said crap spread & of course Ryan's name was thrown out there...he was suspended for just the Alabama game & he did not take the trip.

Ryan was never arrested and never charged with any crimes. I'm not saying he was an angel & did no wrong, but nothing warranting dismissal. There are plenty of programs out there that have had to deal with worse & some of those players are still members of their teams. The media did alot of damage to Ryan Perrilloux... starting back as a 14 yr old kid at East St John... The kid is a gem...one of the best all around athletes I've ever seen play the game.

I'm excited that I get to learn a bit more about JSU. I will also make trips & catch as many games as I can. This is the best move Ryan could make. Out of state & away from the people that brought him down a wrong path. he's a respectful kid (always has been to us) & I wish him the best of luck.

Lookin forward to some record breaking numbers & a great season!

OK, thanks for the clarification. I agree that JSU sounds like the best place for RP. It should be fun to watch what he does this season.

ericsaid
May 29th, 2008, 08:49 PM

Not everyones going to agree with you and most certainly the sports writers who bashed RP are not going to vote for him as the best offense player in the FCS.

Atleast I honestly can say I would not give it to him this year, maybe next year if he earns it. This year he has to show he can stay out of trouble and do well on the field. The year after he will be full go for the award.

Ronbo
May 29th, 2008, 09:20 PM
Rising Junior at the University of Tweetsie
(High School GPA: 3.3)

2 Years
2 National Championships
0 convictions
0 arrests

2,741 yards rushing & 36 TDs
4,199 yards passing & 32 TDs

For the math challenged that's 6,940 total yards and 68 TDs.

I wish #14 and his TEAM mates good health, 'sweetness' and continued prosperity.

Dave D. just about did that in one year. xnodx Over 6000 yards and 58 TD's. But those are great numbers for sure.

GannonFan
May 29th, 2008, 09:51 PM

Hey, politics absolutely matter. Don't berate me, I have no involvement in the award whatsoever. Just making an observation about how things work.

813Jag
May 30th, 2008, 06:16 AM

Politics, Conference, Competition it all comes into play and to a point rightly so. Huge numbers alone won't do it.

Gamecocks99
May 30th, 2008, 09:39 AM
Not everyones going to agree with you and most certainly the sports writers who bashed RP are not going to vote for him as the best offense player in the FCS.

Atleast I honestly can say I would not give it to him this year, maybe next year if he earns it. This year he has to show he can stay out of trouble and do well on the field. The year after he will be full go for the award.

Read my prior post on this thread from a lady from EAST ST JOHNS, LA that was posted on gojaxstate.com that has known him most of his life. Why are they bashing him? For being a college student? So, If you have a few problems growing up while being one of the best QBs in the country that is not acceptable. But those few problems would be OK if you were a regular frat boy hanging out and getting your degree and not playing a sport. They would not kick you out of most universities for what he has done. Boys will be boys. Again lets see what he does on the field.

elcid96
May 30th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Andre Roberts (The Citadel)

Eaglesrus
May 30th, 2008, 03:06 PM

How about telling that to all the folks who said Jayson Foster was a one man team last year, i.e. "Georgia Southern didn't beat us, Jayson Foster did".

AppAlum2003
May 30th, 2008, 03:25 PM
How about telling that to all the folks who said Jayson Foster was a one man team last year, i.e. "Georgia Southern didn't beat us, Jayson Foster did".

Well, you've got to take the two teams we're talking about into context. GSU is a perennial contender. Adding one AMAZING player to that team makes them even better. No offense, JSU. xpeacex

Jerbearasu
May 30th, 2008, 04:13 PM
Read my prior post on this thread from a lady from EAST ST JOHNS, LA that was posted on gojaxstate.com that has known him most of his life. Why are they bashing him? For being a college student? So, If you have a few problems growing up while being one of the best QBs in the country that is not acceptable. But those few problems would be OK if you were a regular frat boy hanging out and getting your degree and not playing a sport. They would not kick you out of most universities for what he has done. Boys will be boys. Again lets see what he does on the field.

Yes RP, just like every other celebrity, is held to a higher standard. Every week there is something new on Sports Center whether it's Matt Leinart feeding college girls a beer bong or Vince Young drunk off his ass at a club. We as a public expect them to make good decisions because they are representing the university in which they attend. Miami football has had a reputation of being a thug football school because a few of their players have been arrested and done stupid things. It's all about perception but when you do stupid things constantly it develops into a trend; ie Pacman Jones... I hope RP gets it together but I think he deserved the boot. There comes a point where a coach has to say the distraction is not worth the output from you and Miles reached that point.

umassfan
June 4th, 2008, 09:55 PM

We did lose alot but the RB who will start for us was the highest rated RB ever to come to UMass. The two backs before him both will be in NFL camps this year. Also we were very deep at WR last year. We lost our top guys but as I mentioned before... this years crew could be better then last from what I hear. Im also not worried about the OLine because they will be big in many ways. Plus Don Browns D returns alot this year and that will provide great field poss all day for our O.

Screamin_Eagle174
June 5th, 2008, 04:06 AM
2007 Stats for Matt Nichols, EWU:

PASSING GP Effic Cmp-Att-Int Pct Yds TD Lng Avg/G
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Matt Nichols 13 156.52 280-440-9 63.6 3744 34 85 288.0

Gamecocks99
June 5th, 2008, 01:07 PM
Yes RP, just like every other celebrity, is held to a higher standard. Every week there is something new on Sports Center whether it's Matt Leinart feeding college girls a beer bong or Vince Young drunk off his ass at a club. We as a public expect them to make good decisions because they are representing the university in which they attend. Miami football has had a reputation of being a thug football school because a few of their players have been arrested and done stupid things. It's all about perception but when you do stupid things constantly it develops into a trend; ie Pacman Jones... I hope RP gets it together but I think he deserved the boot. There comes a point where a coach has to say the distraction is not worth the output from you and Miles reached that point.

I agree it is all about perception and RP did do stupid things constantly and it developed into a trend. AGREED BUT He was never arrested at any point. And Miles did reach the point of breaking. The press always blows things up bigger than the truth and remember they want a Juicy story

Another BIG BUT is it is about personalities. I have been told if Jimbo Fisher was still at LSU so would RP. It is all water under the Bridge. It is a new day for RP at JSU

BEAR
June 5th, 2008, 05:34 PM

2007 Stats:

I second that Lucas nomination. xthumbsupx
I'm not sure if Nathan Brown is eligible since UCA is still in transition. Anyone know? xeyebrowx

ericsaid
June 5th, 2008, 08:02 PM
http://www.goasu.com/autoimage/th300_pEYR8BG.jpg

Passing
Att. Comp. Yards. Perc. YPA. Lg. TD Int. Rating
2007 148 222 1948 66.7 8.78 68 17 7 159.34

Rushing
Att. Yards YPC Lg. TD
2007 237 1588 6.7 80 21

In 11 games.

GannonFan
June 5th, 2008, 09:46 PM
We did lose alot but the RB who will start for us was the highest rated RB ever to come to UMass. The two backs before him both will be in NFL camps this year. Also we were very deep at WR last year. We lost our top guys but as I mentioned before... this years crew could be better then last from what I hear. Im also not worried about the OLine because they will be big in many ways. Plus Don Browns D returns alot this year and that will provide great field poss all day for our O.

However, you're still having to replace 7 offensive starters - there's certainly a question mark of how quickly all those pieces mesh.

ericsaid
June 6th, 2008, 12:35 PM
touche'

AppAlum2003
June 6th, 2008, 12:44 PM
http://www.goasu.com/autoimage/th300_pEYR8BG.jpg

Passing
Att. Comp. Yards. Perc. YPA. Lg. TD Int. Rating
2007 148 222 1948 66.7 8.78 68 17 7 159.34

Rushing
Att. Yards YPC Lg. TD
2007 237 1588 6.7 80 21

In 11 games.

Who??!? ;)

Stang Fever
June 6th, 2008, 01:06 PM
He is a for sure lock on the Payton Candidates list.

2007 Stats are crazy.

Rush: 763 yards; 4.2 yards per carry; 12 TD's
Passing: 2238yards; 196.71 Eff. Rating; 29 Touchdowns only 5 INTS!! 239 passing yards per game

Total Yards: 3001
Total TD's: 41!!!

Compare that too last years winner Foster

Rush: 1844 yards rushing 24 touchdowns
Passing: 1203 yards passing 6 touchdowns

Total Yards: 3047
Total TD's: 30
*its obvious he is a running back with 1844 yards rushing (but later on that)*

WR Ramses Barden, Cal Poly I dont even need to put up his stats. 25 yards per catch says enough

So if foster can win it has a Running back hidding out has quarter back, why cant Daily win it. I believe GSU is running the triple option. IF so NEWS FLASH so does CAL POLY.

And I agree it is EDWARDS TO LOOSE, but I believe CP has two chances at winning this thing.

Stang Fever
June 6th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Another Comp. can go with Santos who won it in the year before Foster:

Rushing: 385 yards; 12 TD's
Passing: 2681 yards; 23 TD's; 5 INTS

ericsaid
June 6th, 2008, 09:17 PM
Armanti had 3536 total yards last season, with 38 total TD's in 11 games

Stang Fever
June 6th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Armanti had 3536 total yards last season, with 38 total TD's in 11 games

Well so you know I took those numbers right from the Waltor Payton page on sportsnetwork. So talk to them and have them change it.

Jerbearasu
June 6th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Well so you know I took those numbers right from the Waltor Payton page on sportsnetwork. So talk to them and have them change it.

Armanti wasn't even a finalist this year for the Payton this past year so you wouldn't have seen his stats. The Payton is awarded in the regular season though and Armanti had a good chunk of his yards in the playoffs. I understand why many think he has a good shot to win it but the frontrunner?

I personnally think the front runner is Herb Donaldson. That kid is a stud and if W Illinois has a good year he will get a lot more recognition. They have an offense that is perfect for him to put up huge numbers. You also do have to put McLeod in there since he is the highest returning finalist from last year.

ericsaid
June 7th, 2008, 01:03 AM
Well who knows but my guess Armanti will be a front runner just because he is so dynamic, he was 52 yards away from being the only player in college football history to have 2,000 yards passing and 1,000 rushing twice in a career. If he stays healthy he will do it this year i believe without a doubt.

But there are other legit candidates out there and one named Aaron Love I believe if he stays healthy also(injured a lot last season), he could end up being a front runner, he just so coordinated and once he has the ball he'll have an entire defense try to take him down.

Stang Fever
June 7th, 2008, 01:41 AM
Armanti wasn't even a finalist this year for the Payton this past year so you wouldn't have seen his stats. The Payton is awarded in the regular season though and Armanti had a good chunk of his yards in the playoffs. I understand why many think he has a good shot to win it but the frontrunner?

I personnally think the front runner is Herb Donaldson. That kid is a stud and if W Illinois has a good year he will get a lot more recognition. They have an offense that is perfect for him to put up huge numbers. You also do have to put McLeod in there since he is the highest returning finalist from last year.

Sorry I read it as Foster for some reason.

GeauxLions94
August 26th, 2008, 02:28 PM
We're about 48 hours from our first kickoffs and still the question remains ...

Where's the Payton and Buchanan Watch Lists???

ekufbfan
August 26th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Armanti Edwards is a LOCK! If he stays healthy it should be all his!

Would sure surprise me if is not AE!

JDC325
August 26th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Armanti by a country mile IF he stays healthy everyone else a distant second and being GSU fan that is hard to say. xbawlingx

ericsaid
August 26th, 2008, 10:29 PM
Thread is restarted!!

crusader11
August 26th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Don't count out Dom Randolph from Holy Cross. Obviously I am somewhat biased, but I think Randolph is a better pure passer than AE, however, AE is a special kind of player that cannot be duplicated. If he were to play at the next level though, I think everyone would agree it would not be at the QB position; maybe slot receiver or at defensive back. App St. has a solid running game to go along with their aerial attack, so I can only hope this will take away some of AE's stats and give the edge to Dom in the voting. Holy Cross, on the other hand, relies mostly on the passing game, as they will put the ball in the air upwards of 40 times a game.

FCS Go!
August 26th, 2008, 11:41 PM
We're about 48 hours from our first kickoffs and still the question remains ...

Where's the Payton and Buchanan Watch Lists???

I'm sure they'll be available by the second week of November. xwhistlex

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 07:20 AM
I'm sure they'll be available by the second week of November. xwhistlex

arent they normally out by now?

and if not what is the point? there are games tomorrow...