PDA

View Full Version : Savannah St Hires AD from VMI

TexasTerror
May 20th, 2008, 05:15 PM
This guy seems to have the intellect to get the job done. I'll be really surprised if he can not turn it around. Best of luck, as Savannah State should be able to put something solid together there...

May 20, 2008

SAVANNAH— Claud Flythe, D.A., vice president for Administration at Savannah State University (SSU), today named W. Bart Bellairs as the director of Intercollegiate Athletics effective June 1, 2008.
Bellairs

Bellairs comes to Savannah State from Virginia Military Institute (VMI) in Lexington, Va., where he is the senior associate athletic director, a position he has held for three years. He also works for ESPN as a color commentator for NCAA basketball.

“I am inspired by Mr. Bellairs’ vision of how an intercollegiate athletic program should operate,” said Flythe. “He understands that today’s AD must be adept at fundraising, marketing and public relations, and he has a strong background in generating revenue, which is critical for the health of our program.”

http://onnidan.com/07-08/news/may/savn0520.htm

Eyes of Old Main
May 21st, 2008, 08:50 AM
I'm not totally up on what's happening at VMI, but is this the same AD that moved them out of the SoCon and into the Big South "so they could compete"?

TexasTerror
May 21st, 2008, 09:26 AM
I'm not totally up on what's happening at VMI, but is this the same AD that moved them out of the SoCon and into the Big South "so they could compete"?

This is actually their Sr Associate AD who has brought in a good share of $$$ into the VMI program and will hopefully do the same at Savannah St.

3rd Coast Tiger
May 21st, 2008, 10:18 AM
Great for Savannah State! xthumbsupx

Libertine
May 21st, 2008, 04:57 PM
Bellairs was formerly the basketball coach at VMI. He was replaced by current coach Duggar Baucom.

citdog
May 21st, 2008, 05:00 PM
VMI SUCKS!