PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on Nw St. @ SHSU game

blackfordpu
October 9th, 2005, 01:58 AM
I am very disappointed, not in our players but in the coaches, fans and officiating crews.
Warning: Very angry venting below!

1. Coaching - where was it? The OL sucked horribly today but that is not what killed us, it hurt yes but did not put us out of contention. The offense eventually gelled and PD started slinging the ball around. That was what was working so why in the world would TW and company want to kill that momentum by running the football? GO WITH WHAT WORKS! We couldn't run the ball all day because Nw St. was blitzing the hell out of us. Momentum was killed and bad plays were called. We ran that stupid draw play up the middle about 7 or 8 times and it NEVER WORKED! What is the reasoning behind this? I believe TW OWES all the Bearkat faithful some answers! The players also did not seem to have been pumped up before the game. There was no energy which I think added to point #3 (below). It was just flat. Bottom line, our guys played well enough to win but the coaching staff did not give them the right tools to do so. We got out coached all day. I have officially lost faith in TW and his staff, I believe our players can pull it out but first the coaching staff needs to pull their heads from their backsides!

2. Officiating - I knew it was going to be a long day with this when the ref couldn't even get the calls on the opening kickoff right. Then there were atleast 5 holding penelites and 3 pass interference penelties that either wern't called or for some odd reason went the other way. Did this officiating crew travel here with the Demons? It was pathetic! Am I the only one who believes this?

3. Crowd - What the hell is wrong with the fans? As stated before they don't know when to cheer and do so for the wrong reasons. I was the only one in my section yelling and cheering throughout the entire game and everyone else just sat there. Oh, they yelled for a free t-shirt but not when the Kats D was trying to stop a 3rd and short. They also got loud when the Kats were on offense and trying to move the ball. HINT: WHEN WE HAVE THE BALL, SHUT THE HELL UP!

Here is the link to a story on the game from the Huntsville Item.
http://www.itemonline.com/articles/2005/10/09/sports/todays_sports/sports01.txt