PDA

View Full Version : Chuck South stadium plans

CSUBUCDAD
May 16th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Since we're talking stadium upgrades and such, it appears that in addition to the new field house/athletic complex already in the plans, they are planning on adding lights to the stadium so we can plan some night games during the first part of the season so we don't have to cook ourselves in the afternoon heat. I wish they would also add a few hundred more seats on the visitor side. Most high school visitor sections are larger than ours.

elcid96
May 16th, 2008, 09:07 AM
Since we're talking stadium upgrades and such, it appears that in addition to the new field house/athletic complex already in the plans, they are planning on adding lights to the stadium so we can plan some night games during the first part of the season so we don't have to cook ourselves in the afternoon heat. I wish they would also add a few hundred more seats on the visitor side. Most high school visitor sections are larger than ours.

That is because most High Schools could beat your team

CSUBUCDAD
May 16th, 2008, 09:29 AM
That is because most High Schools could beat your team

You are likely one of those that think 2006 was a fluke too aren't you? I think we have had that fight on this board about 6000 times since the game was played. Why don't you convince your AD to grow some nads and sign up to play us every year? You really don't think anybody bought the idea that Webber would give you a better game do you?

elcid96
May 16th, 2008, 09:47 AM
You are likely one of those that think 2006 was a fluke too aren't you? I think we have had that fight on this board about 6000 times since the game was played. Why don't you convince your AD to grow some nads and sign up to play us every year? You really don't think anybody bought the idea that Webber would give you a better game do you?

I would love to play CSU again. I hate playing Webber. Congrats on 2006. Fluke or not, it was a win. We need to play again to right the table.

gvilleapp
May 16th, 2008, 10:11 PM
I hope we don't see another team like Webber on The Citadel's schedule after this year. I would assume that Les Robinson was so desperate for a game during the '06 year that he broke down and gave Webber a two game deal.

Just doesn't seem right to not see both CSU and VMI on The Citadel's schedule.

CSUBUCDAD
May 17th, 2008, 07:15 AM
Just doesn't seem right to not see both CSU and VMI on The Citadel's schedule.

VMI is a given. Both schools are historic military academies. CSU should be a no brainer. Two FCS schools 20 miles apart. Why the heck aren't we kicking off the season against each other every year? It is a natural rivalry and a win win all the way around.

appfan2008
May 17th, 2008, 07:59 AM
how many seats does your stadium currently have? and why dont you use some of that miami money for these projects!

AppMan
May 17th, 2008, 11:28 AM
I'll probably get a lot of grief over this, but CSU's stadium seats 4,000 and looks like a high school facility. Sorry, but the truth hurts. Go to page 23 of the Big South Football Media Guide. The other side is nothing but some metal bleachers. In no way should The Citadel ever play AT CSU.

The Gadfly
May 17th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I'll probably get a lot of grief over this, but CSU's stadium seats 4,000 and looks like a high school facility. Sorry, but the truth hurts. Go to page 23 of the Big South Football Media Guide. The other side is nothing but some metal bleachers. In no way should The Citadel ever play AT CSU.

That's odd, their visitor bathroom facilities are just as "good" as your stadium's . . .

My high school's stadium has better . . . scratch that . . . My high school stadium HAS bathroom facilities for visitors. NOT PORTO-POTTIES. slack

citdog
May 17th, 2008, 02:37 PM

2006 was a fluke. we restored order last season.

SuperJon
May 17th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Will there be actual bathrooms and something other than metal bleachers installed? Is there going to be a real field in as opposed to sand with some grass on top of it? If not, lights aren't gonna help.

AppMan
May 17th, 2008, 09:35 PM
That's odd, their visitor bathroom facilities are just as "good" as your stadium's . . .

My high school's stadium has better . . . scratch that . . . My high school stadium HAS bathroom facilities for visitors. NOT PORTO-POTTIES. slack

Go ahead and get your shots in now because next year that tired old bathroom joke material won't do you any good. The new and improved KBS will feature in the neighborhood of 200 new bathroom stalls behind the West and East stands and another 50-60 in the South endzone.

CID1990
May 18th, 2008, 07:08 PM

Build a 10,000 seat stadium and we will play you regularly. The only other way to make that happen is to join the SoCon, and that ain't happening any time soon, especially without the big stadium.

In the meantime, expect to play us about once every three or four years on average, and also expect those games to be played in Johnson Hagood.

Also, expect to lose.

CSUBUCDAD
May 19th, 2008, 09:09 AM
Build a 10,000 seat stadium and we will play you regularly. The only other way to make that happen is to join the SoCon, and that ain't happening any time soon, especially without the big stadium.

In the meantime, expect to play us about once every three or four years on average, and also expect those games to be played in Johnson Hagood.

Also, expect to lose.

The BUCS will play El Cid every year any damn where you wanna play. Not about the number of seats you have.

CID1990
May 19th, 2008, 09:26 AM
The BUCS will play El Cid every year any damn where you wanna play. Not about the number of seats you have.

You are 1-19 all time versus SoCon opponents.

You are 8-27 all time versus YOUR OWN CONFERENCE.

Maybe you should reserve some of that desire to kick a little ass for the Stony Brooks and the Libertys and the CCUs before you try playing the big boys every year.

BTW... we have beaten USC, Army, Navy and Arkansas in recent history, so don't give me that 'we beat you once' crap. It doesn't mean you are ready to be competitive from year to year.

It IS about the number of seats. Elon puts more butts in the seats than you guys do, and they are 5 hours away. They don't even bring a band like CSU does. If you guys weren't 20 minutes up the road, we would NEVER play you.

Biff
May 19th, 2008, 11:19 AM
You are 1-19 all time versus SoCon opponents.

You are 8-27 all time versus YOUR OWN CONFERENCE.

Maybe you should reserve some of that desire to kick a little ass for the Stony Brooks and the Libertys and the CCUs before you try playing the big boys every year.

BTW... we have beaten USC, Army, Navy and Arkansas in recent history, so don't give me that 'we beat you once' crap. It doesn't mean you are ready to be competitive from year to year.

It IS about the number of seats. Elon puts more butts in the seats than you guys do, and they are 5 hours away. They don't even bring a band like CSU does. If you guys weren't 20 minutes up the road, we would NEVER play you.

CID1990, not worth discussing with CSU fans. They think their football team is greater than it is.

Saint3333
May 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM
Go ahead and get your shots in now because next year that tired old bathroom joke material won't do you any good. The new and improved KBS will feature in the neighborhood of 200 new bathroom stalls behind the West and East stands and another 50-60 in the South endzone.

That's about two bathrooms for every point ASU scored against CCU in two games;).

AppMan
May 19th, 2008, 08:53 PM
That's about two bathrooms for every point ASU scored against CCU in two games;).

That's a good way of looking at it!

Tod
May 20th, 2008, 12:35 AM

Got any pics, Bucdaddy? Glad to see (hear, so far) about your expansion. :) :) :)

Sly Fox
May 22nd, 2008, 10:24 AM

xlmaox

I'm sorry, but did this just come from a Citadel fan deriding a CSU fan for delusions of grandeur? Priceless.

BJuice
May 22nd, 2008, 12:02 PM
That is great to hear about CSU adding more seats, lights, and the new fieldhouse. In order to grow and keep moving forward on the field, the facilities have to keep progressing. CSU might be small, but if recruits and donors see steady progress, they will be more likely to join the vision. Progress is what we've seen under Coach Mills, upgraded talent, upgraded scheduling, more wins, a championship, and more of this to come. We HAVE to keep it up!!! I look forward to being able to sit in the stands at CSU and watching a football game under the lights. I have been watching CSU football for 14 years and sweated a lot in those stands!!!

You Charleston Military Academy fans are a trip. We don't care about our lack of seats or bathrooms. WE will play YOU EVERY YEAR at YOUR PLACE. It doesn't matter. Get a set and play us EVERY YEAR!!! Until then, shut up!!!

Go...gate
May 22nd, 2008, 06:29 PM
Colgate has had to hear this sh-t for years. We have solved it by playing and often beating the schools that won't play us at home at their place. Sounds like CSU wants to use the same formula, and good for them! They want to obtain respect the old-fashioned way, by earning it.

CID1990
May 22nd, 2008, 06:38 PM
The point is here--------->

You guys are here------------>

CSU does not put people in the seats. We can put three times as many visiting fans in the seats by playing SCSU (which is a team I think we should play every year, BTW). In fact, we would put more visiting fans in the seats by playing Newberry. We have to pay for that new stadium, and playing CSU isn't going to cut it.

That being said, when we get silly Webber off our schedule we will have a season opening slot to fill, it might well be CSU, but I am thinking that PC is a more likely choice, and again, they will put more fans in the seats than CSU.

The Gadfly
May 22nd, 2008, 09:36 PM

Good 'cause I got tired of crappin' behind your car. I'm just saying that your "hospitality" is just as good as CSU's. xthumbsdownx

CSUBUCDAD
May 23rd, 2008, 07:04 AM
I'm just saying that your "hospitality" is just as good as CSU's. xthumbsdownx
This coming from a CCU fan? Are you freakin kidding me? I thought I was going to have to fight my way back to the car year before last. And if I remember correctly you are the guy that was drunk off his ass making an ass of himself and too much of a wuss to tell me what his screen name was after you flagged me down. Or am I confusing you with another annoying CCU fan. Either way, you saying that CSU is not "hospitable" to visiting fans is rediculous. I have been told many times by many visitors how welcome they felt. LBPop even commented after his visit year before last how great it was. If you are getting the impressing we are not "hospitable" maybe you need to check your own attitude. That is almost like saying you have been married 5 times but eventually you will find a good one. xnonox

citdog
May 23rd, 2008, 04:16 PM
That is great to hear about CSU adding more seats, lights, and the new fieldhouse. In order to grow and keep moving forward on the field, the facilities have to keep progressing. CSU might be small, but if recruits and donors see steady progress, they will be more likely to join the vision. Progress is what we've seen under Coach Mills, upgraded talent, upgraded scheduling, more wins, a championship, and more of this to come. We HAVE to keep it up!!! I look forward to being able to sit in the stands at CSU and watching a football game under the lights. I have been watching CSU football for 14 years and sweated a lot in those stands!!!

You Charleston Military Academy fans are a trip. We don't care about our lack of seats or bathrooms. WE will play YOU EVERY YEAR at YOUR PLACE. It doesn't matter. Get a set and play us EVERY YEAR!!! Until then, shut up!!!

38-14. ADMIN I'LL DO IT MYSELF

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX SMACK

The Gadfly
May 23rd, 2008, 08:56 PM
This coming from a CCU fan? Are you freakin kidding me? I thought I was going to have to fight my way back to the car year before last. And if I remember correctly you are the guy that was drunk off his ass making an ass of himself and too much of a wuss to tell me what his screen name was after you flagged me down. Or am I confusing you with another annoying CCU fan. Either way, you saying that CSU is not "hospitable" to visiting fans is rediculous. I have been told many times by many visitors how welcome they felt. LBPop even commented after his visit year before last how great it was. If you are getting the impressing we are not "hospitable" maybe you need to check your own attitude. That is almost like saying you have been married 5 times but eventually you will find a good one. xnonox

Wow, was I that drunk when I extended my hand and you refused to shake it? xoopsx I must have been blitzed when I invited you and your son to have some food and bev (spirited & non-spirited). . . sorry about that :( . We did have some guys that partied pretty damn hard @ our tailgate who are from the "colder" side of the country, but I offered and you refused.

As for the comment about being hospitable, I meant it in jest and have tried to defend CSU against ASU fans. CSU doesn't have the money to have good facilities now. You know that, you're still growing AND private. However, ASU has been here for a while, has the $$$, and finally won some championships, BUT NO VISITOR BATHROOMS? It just blows my mind. Sorry if you took the wrong way

CSUBUCDAD
May 24th, 2008, 07:47 AM
Wow, was I that drunk when I extended my hand and you refused to shake it? xoopsx I must have been blitzed when I invited you and your son to have some food and bev (spirited & non-spirited). . . sorry about that :( . We did have some guys that partied pretty damn hard @ our tailgate who are from the "colder" side of the country, but I offered and you refused.

As for the comment about being hospitable, I meant it in jest and have tried to defend CSU against ASU fans. CSU doesn't have the money to have good facilities now. You know that, you're still growing AND private. However, ASU has been here for a while, has the $$$, and finally won some championships, BUT NO VISITOR BATHROOMS? It just blows my mind. Sorry if you took the wrong way
You were drunk enough that you didn't notice I had both hands full at the time. You were also too drunk to notice it was me, my wife and my son. There was no refusal, just don't have three hands. Declined the food and drink because we had already had ours and kickoff was fast approaching. You are correct in the fact that you were very cordial but also very very intoxicated. I think you conveniently forgot your screen name when I asked you because of some mouthing off you had done on here previously. My real issue was after the game and some of the comments being made by some pretty inebriated punks. Got bad enough I had to grab my son and keep him moving so he would not get into it with one of them. Trust me, I have been to football games all over this country HS, college and pro and I have never in my life seen more rude and intoxicated people than I saw at Coastal that day.

Bull_Dawgin83
May 24th, 2008, 08:18 PM
2006 was not a Fluke, CSU had a good team. Drafts was a beast a quarterback and their recievers were very good. We beat them to give them their first loss of the year, but it wasn't an easy feat. As far as the stadium goes, the Big South Media Guide fails to point out that CSU is the smallest school in the conference that has a football program. True, more seats should be added on the visitor side, but its not too bad for a team with just over 4,000 students.

Seawolf97
May 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM
You were drunk enough that you didn't notice I had both hands full at the time. You were also too drunk to notice it was me, my wife and my son. There was no refusal, just don't have three hands. Declined the food and drink because we had already had ours and kickoff was fast approaching. You are correct in the fact that you were very cordial but also very very intoxicated. I think you conveniently forgot your screen name when I asked you because of some mouthing off you had done on here previously. My real issue was after the game and some of the comments being made by some pretty inebriated punks. Got bad enough I had to grab my son and keep him moving so he would not get into it with one of them. Trust me, I have been to football games all over this country HS, college and pro and I have never in my life seen more rude and intoxicated people than I saw at Coastal that day.

If any CSU fans come up for the Stonybrook game in October you may want to look at our stadium. Right now it seats 8300, plenty of fan comforts , lights and a jumbo tron score board. The good news is it was built with future expansion in mind. We can double its size someday without too much added expense. Also the fans are friendly !

BJuice
May 24th, 2008, 09:28 PM
You were drunk enough that you didn't notice I had both hands full at the time. You were also too drunk to notice it was me, my wife and my son...You are correct in the fact that you were very cordial but also very very intoxicated...My real issue was after the game and some of the comments being made by some pretty inebriated punks. Got bad enough I had to grab my son and keep him moving so he would not get into it with one of them. Trust me, I have been to football games all over this country HS, college and pro and I have never in my life seen more rude and intoxicated people than I saw at Coastal that day.

Drunks at Coastal in Conway??? There's a shocker. xlolx

That place is just a disgrace. I will NEVER go to a game there. That is sad because I am a proud CSU graduate and I love my Bucs, but I will never subject myself or anybody I care about to that disgusting atmosphere.

Then, they come to our place when it is our year to host and they set up their black and teal crap all over the place and act like we owe some kind
homage because they are the "almighty" Coastal.

Oh yeah, and another thing to all you Coastal fans, our campus is an alcohol-free campus. There are signs at the entrance when you enter for sporting events. How about respect us, since we are the home team when you come to play us. Don't deny it either. I saw one of your supporters pull up and mix an vodka and OJ right beside me. I also saw cans of adult beverage in coozies being consumed at the Bennett (Graham) tailgate behind the home stands.

Bud2003
May 30th, 2008, 03:51 PM
[QUOTE=Bull_Dawgin83;958148]the Big South Media Guide fails to point out that CSU is the smallest school in the conference that has a football program. True, more seats should be added on the visitor side, but its not too bad for a team with just over 4,000 students.[/QUOTED]

Does The Citadel even have 2000 students? The Citadel has by far the smallest enrollment of any school in the SoCon & Big South.

OL FU
May 30th, 2008, 03:56 PM
[QUOTE=Bull_Dawgin83;958148]the Big South Media Guide fails to point out that CSU is the smallest school in the conference that has a football program. True, more seats should be added on the visitor side, but its not too bad for a team with just over 4,000 students.[/QUOTED]

Does The Citadel even have 2000 students? The Citadel has by far the smallest enrollment of any school in the SoCon & Big South.

Wofford's smallerxnodx

Tealblood
May 30th, 2008, 04:26 PM
you know the difference between a baptist and a methodist

Tealblood
May 30th, 2008, 04:27 PM
the methodist will at least speak to you when they see you in a liquor store

CID1990
May 30th, 2008, 08:43 PM

As OL FU said, WoCo is smaller. Also, I think Smaford might be smaller.

VMI is definitely smaller, and CSU and GW might be.

The Gadfly
June 2nd, 2008, 12:42 AM
I've never hated CSU because you guys are so . . . insignificant, but now I have a reason. Thanks xthumbsupx .

Oh yeah, the founding fathers drank the "Devil's tears" as well. So did Jesus, Moses, and Old Abe. Now leave me to my Scotch on the rocks and be gone with you . . . silly whacko radical fanatics xrolleyesx

Did you know that a methodist is just a baptist who can read? That was the best line in "A River Runs Through It"

kirkblitz
June 2nd, 2008, 02:07 AM
awesome keep the bickering up, it gives me somethen to read xlolx

kirkblitz
June 2nd, 2008, 02:20 AM
actually you know what I'm gonna throw in with the CSU guys here, we do have some of the rudest fans i have ever met. I have season tickets and the old ****ers that sit by my try every game to get me thrown out because i stand up and cheer, the douche bags behind me do the same. Also when i went to the ASU game i and one other person were assaulted by our OWN fan because he was to **** en lazy to stop sitting down to watch the game even though i was on the first row?!?!?

On top of that some of the douches that park in the parking lot at the coastal stadium are incredibly rude and actually threatened one of my group members with dmg to their car if we didn't take their garbage and toss it. Needless to say we didnt and went into the game to find out they **** en tossed it onto our car and we park right in front of the **** en stadium

we have the rudest old fart ushers in the conference and i have traveled to all of the conference schools.

I have gone to a **** load of south Carolina games, parked AT the stadium, sat in club seats and NEVER been treated like this.

Damn shame i don't carry a taser because there are a **** load of people who i would taze at our home games. I mean holy **** we sit in the most expensive seats and have the most expensive parking spot and there are trash all around us.

Ps: the old ****s beside us have a son on the coaching staff and all i will say is that i was verbally harassed by one of the higher ups wifes on the football team because those old ****s beside me bitched at me because i wouldnt let their kids have our seats. 2 ****en seasons in a row ive had to deal with their **** when they **** are they gonna die or move away?

damn man i even worked in the athletic department for a period they dont know half the **** that happens at their games, their ticket men openly insult students, its just a cluster **** and now ive said my peace.

SoCon48
June 2nd, 2008, 07:47 AM
peace=piece

CID1990
June 2nd, 2008, 12:54 PM
actually you know what I'm gonna throw in with the CSU guys here, we do have some of the rudest fans i have ever met. I have season tickets and the old ****ers that sit by my try every game to get me thrown out because i stand up and cheer, the douche bags behind me do the same. Also when i went to the ASU game i and one other person were assaulted by our OWN fan because he was to **** en lazy to stop sitting down to watch the game even though i was on the first row?!?!?

On top of that some of the douches that park in the parking lot at the coastal stadium are incredibly rude and actually threatened one of my group members with dmg to their car if we didn't take their garbage and toss it. Needless to say we didnt and went into the game to find out they **** en tossed it onto our car and we park right in front of the **** en stadium

we have the rudest old fart ushers in the conference and i have traveled to all of the conference schools.

I have gone to a **** load of south Carolina games, parked AT the stadium, sat in club seats and NEVER been treated like this.

Damn shame i don't carry a taser because there are a **** load of people who i would taze at our home games. I mean holy **** we sit in the most expensive seats and have the most expensive parking spot and there are trash all around us.

Ps: the old ****s beside us have a son on the coaching staff and all i will say is that i was verbally harassed by one of the higher ups wifes on the football team because those old ****s beside me bitched at me because i wouldnt let their kids have our seats. 2 ****en seasons in a row ive had to deal with their **** when they **** are they gonna die or move away?

damn man i even worked in the athletic department for a period they dont know half the **** that happens at their games, their ticket men openly insult students, its just a cluster **** and now ive said my peace.

Dude, you better hush up, or Gadfly is going to revoke your resident's pass to Thee Dollhouse.... er... I mean your degree.

kirkblitz
June 2nd, 2008, 02:08 PM
peace=piece

no i spelt it like that for a reason :D