PDA

View Full Version : UT Vol Schaeffer to I-AA?

WCU LawCat
April 24th, 2005, 10:09 AM
A Top UT QB will leave school.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2043756

I'm interested to see if he ends up in I-AA. I'd love to see him at Western Carolina in Cullowhee as we do not have a clear cut starter. I don't think he is a bad kid. Sometimes 19 year olds in love let adreniline get the best of them. Could make an Ingle Martin type impact somewhere. Bring him on at WCU!

rokamortis
April 24th, 2005, 10:22 AM
I think CCU is fine at QB - but that is a position you can never have too many of. I wonder if our new Tennessee connection might bring him to the beach???

WCU LawCat
April 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
I doubt it. The reason I say that is because the Big South does not get an automatic bid. You can go 10-1 (al la CCU) and not make the playoffs. Thats not a stab at CCU. I think your football program is progressing well.

rokamortis
April 24th, 2005, 10:43 AM
Perhaps you are correct, but how many times in the last 10 years has WCU won the SoCon auto? If that's what he wants then he needs to go to GSU or Furman or Delaware or some other I-AA power house.

As far as CCU getting into the playoffs it all depends on schedule. Lat year was very weak but say we go 10-1 this year I think CCU will be a likely choice to make the playoffs.

rokamortis
April 24th, 2005, 10:50 AM
I'll add that CCU going 10-1 is a big IF - please no one think that I said we are going to do that well. :rolleyes:

Eaglegus2
April 24th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Even with qbs that need plenty of playing time, Georgia Southern will keep what they have.

I would like to see Western Carolina pick up this young man. The So Con needs another team that is competitive weekend & weekout.

Not taking anything away from WCU, but I would like to see them challenge for the So Con championship.

WCU LawCat
April 24th, 2005, 11:22 AM
I think the only thing missing from the 2005 Catamounts right now is a clear cut starting QB. The biggest hit on Offense was the lose of 2 senior OL. One of those has already been replaced by Tulane OL transfer Mark Burgess. As far as defense goes, I'll go out on a limb and say we have either the best or second best defense in the conferance. I think we return more starters than anyone in the conferance.

Coastal89
April 24th, 2005, 11:30 AM
This is just my oppinion but I bet he goes to UT-Chatt. That is if he doesn't return home to Florida. Articles out of Tennessee said he was dismissed from the team for cutting classes and not for fighting so he's not a very good student.

Josh
April 24th, 2005, 11:43 AM
He should go to William & Mary. That would be a team he could take far. WCU would not go as far and as a player you gotta go where you can win.

ISUMatt
April 24th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Yea read the same articles that said cutting class was the problem period!!!

Ronbo
April 24th, 2005, 11:54 AM
This kid could opt to wait a year and go to a 1A powerhouse. But I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up at a IAA somewhere. Probabaly close to Florida, Tenn-Chatt., FAMU, JSU?

ccujacket
April 24th, 2005, 12:03 PM
I don't think he's gonna go I-AA. South Florida is a definite possibility.

That being said, he'd be absolutely lethal at GSU in the triple option.

eagleskins
April 24th, 2005, 06:35 PM
I don't think he's gonna go I-AA. South Florida is a definite possibility.

That being said, he'd be absolutely lethal at GSU in the triple option.

He wouldn't get on the field. Jason Foster will be the man for the next 3 years, and he is the most explosive player in the game.

Tribe4SF
April 24th, 2005, 06:45 PM
He should go to William & Mary. That would be a team he could take far. WCU would not go as far and as a player you gotta go where you can win.

Whether it was cutting classes or fighting, he'd have to be nearly a straight A student to get into W&M as a transfer. If he has attitude problems, his chances are nil. Besides, we already have two promising young QBs.

umassfan
April 25th, 2005, 04:44 AM
A Top UT QB will leave school.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2043756

I'm interested to see if he ends up in I-AA. I'd love to see him at Western Carolina in Cullowhee as we do not have a clear cut starter. I don't think he is a bad kid. Sometimes 19 year olds in love let adreniline get the best of them. Could make an Ingle Martin type impact somewhere. Bring him on at WCU!

He went to the same HS as our current punter... sent the kid a msg tellin him to try hooking us up. Should be interesting to see where he goes.

blueballs
April 25th, 2005, 09:42 AM
FAU would seem like a natural fit for him... If not there perhaps UCF.

ccujacket
April 25th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Some of you don't seem to understand how good this kid is. If Ingle and Andy Hall could make the impact they did, one could only imagine what Brent would do.

Coastal89
April 25th, 2005, 10:12 AM
Some of you don't seem to understand how good this kid is. If Ingle and Andy Hall could make the impact they did, one could only imagine what Brent would do.

But do you know what it takes to get kicked off the Tennessee team. Fat Phil only gives out suspensions for murder. He's had 11 players arrested, iincluding the kid, and this guy supposedly is kicked off for cutting class. Why all of a sudden is that worse than being a disruptive element on the team and campus?

GannonFan
April 25th, 2005, 10:31 AM
For every Ingle Martin or Andy Hall there are plenty of flops out there too who transfer into IAA riding a wave of supposedly superior IA talent. A lot depends on getting into the right system with the right coach with the right team - even at the IAA level no one player singlehandily wins games.

ccujacket
April 25th, 2005, 10:49 AM
But do you know what it takes to get kicked off the Tennessee team. Fat Phil only gives out suspensions for murder. He's had 11 players arrested, iincluding the kid, and this guy supposedly is kicked off for cutting class. Why all of a sudden is that worse than being a disruptive element on the team and campus?
He didn't so much get kicked off as he quit. The writing was on the wall, Erik Ainge is going to be leading that team. This kid never got in trouble before this. He's not a Demetrius Summers or an Odell Thurman.

It's safe to say he already had transferring in mind and that's why he started cuttin class. I've got a friend living in the athletic dorm at UT, I hear all the stories.

Just as with any SEC school (except Vandy) you have to murder someone to get the boot.

NEZ
April 25th, 2005, 11:08 AM
This could be a oustanding pick up for any I-AA school. Looks like the Hens
are set on there QB of the future, Sonny is back for his senior year then
we have a redshirt freshman who has a lot of promise Jared Moyer.

pete4256
April 25th, 2005, 11:28 AM
At the risk of being unethical, let me say that I "taught" Brent for a couple of days at UT this semester (A "couple of days" is the most important phrase here).